[Original RPG] Collapse: In the Presence of my Enemies (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Combaticons Warehouse

"Could be." Road Hugger said, squinting. "In any case though, we'd better call this in."

A comms system slid out of his wrist and he spoke to Onslaught. "Boss, Beastbox an' me, we're seein' two airborne 'bots, inbound. 'Box thinks they're Deceptacons, but can't say whether they're friendly or not."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Steelhaven

Pointblank exits the room and walks down the corridor, thinking. I hope Crosshairs knows what he is doing. I feel sorry for his loss and I want to bring Pinpointer's killers to justice, it will do us no good if we rush into this blind. Should I report this to Cerebros? He would want to know about this; us going ahead on our own and confront, possibly attack the Space Maffia.

Peacemaker sees that his partner is processing some deep thoughts. "Chin up, Pointblank! We're about to set out on a mission, so you need to be focused in order to revenge our fallen friend. The Space Maffia made it personal when they killed Pinpointer and we can't let them get away with it!"

Pointblank nods. He's right. This is personal. No need to report this. No need to bring in anybody else other than the mechs that agreed to come along. Crosshairs needs my help and he is going to receive it. No questions asked.

"Don't worry, Peacemaker. I'm focused," Pointblank says. "Let's get ready."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Planning Office Ruins

Inferno continued to flip through the file cabinets, all the while muttering the titles of each data pad to himself.

"...West Cyclohex Entertainment Centre....Scooter's Tavern....Hmm, no that ain't it," Inferno muttered, then moved on to next datapad.

"Okay, this here's the plan for....hold on a klik here...Ah ha!" he announced while waving the data-pad in the air at Weirdwolf. "Yep, this looks like the plans we were lookin' for. Wanna take a look at these before we go?"

Steelhaven Medbay

"Thank you kindly," Ratchet told Shockwave, taking the stack of tungsten slabs he shaped for him onto the industrial lift. He rose it to the upper-legs of Fortress Maximus and promptly began to attach the panelling onto the transtector.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Departing Steelhaven

Crosshairs transformed and rolled down the ramp, then headed toward the warehouse district.

Near the Warehouse

"Gotcha," Needlenose told Wingspan. He flipped on his comm and said, "Hey, Combaticon guys. This is Needlenose. I gots Wingspan with me. We, uh...apparently we're here to hook up with Swindle, or somethin'."

Near the Warehouse

"ID them," Onslaught told Road Hugger without looking up from his paperwork. "If they seem friendly, find out what they're doing here. If they seem hostile, disassemble them for spare parts."

Templar Heights

Spinister returned from his initial recon sweep, decloaked when he was outside the Mafia compound's line-of-sight and waited for the rest of his team.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Combaticon's Warehouse

Road Hugger nodded to Onslaught's transmission with a sharp nod. "Gotcha, boss." turning to Beastbox nearby, he said, "Hey, Kong, the boss wants us to..."

Needlenose's transmission came in shortly afterwards, so Road Hugger shrugged, and forwarded it to Onslaught. Looking at the two figures (Needlenose and Wingspan) coming closer, Road Hugger transmitted, "You guys wanna see Swindle? What's up?" he wondered out loud.

Don't like this a bit. Swindle, being who he is, must've a lot of hidden cards behind his back...
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Steelhaven, Meeting Room

~previously~

"Jeez, Freeway, stop taunting him! He's gonna snap, y'know..." Jackpot said, as he tried to hold Blurr back while the Throttlebot started to leave the room. Looking towards Crosshairs and Pointblank for guidance, or possibly, help. Dammit, Blurr... must you hook up with a taunting Throttlebot just after you get drunk? "Cool down, Blurr. Cool down."

Haywire nodded to Ricochet. "Yea, Freeway's very dangerous. Has a mean side, certainly. Never seen Blurr so angry before... Usually he's more even-headed." Sights squawked an affirmative, before flying off and landing on Blurr's antenna in an effort to stop Blurr from getting to Freeway.

~now~

Blurr was still trying to cool down and refraining from clobbering Freeway, but his attention was otherwise focused on the blue Throttlebot. As such, he did not notice the rust-pellet impacting on his feet. It was a tingly sensation, but a painful one as well. When Blurr realized what had happened, he roared in rage. "FREEEEEEWAY!"

Blurr looked at his rust-covered feet. He wasn't about to let Freeway savour the victory of him hobbling along, trying to beat him to the armoury. Instead, he vibrated his feet to flake off the rusting metal, jittering at high speed how he will mince Freeway into a million little pieces. The rust flaked off, leaving behind a slightly ruined finish in its wake. "Damn Throttlebot... I'll show you what 'Throttle Bot' means..."

Azure eyes glinting dangerously, Blurr started to head off to confront Freeway, but Jackpot placed a hand on Blurr's shoulder. "Don't. You'll regret it. You'll probably kill Freeway, but you'll regret it." Blurr nodded, but said nothing. Both mechs (and Haywire, as soon as he jumped back to Blurr's shoulder) walked off, Blurr transforming and heading off after Crosshairs. Jackpot, however, grabbed onto Blurr's spoiler and hung on for dear life as Blurr sped up, covering the distance between them and Crosshairs in a matter of seconds.

"S- S- Slow down, Blurr!" Jackpot wailed. Sights squawked in delight.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

En route to Templar Heights

"Are you feeling any better?" Mirage asked Wheelie as his passenger gave an unexpected groan.

"Head feels like Grimlock stood on it," the smaller 'bot replied through gritted dental arches. "Wheelie think no good of it."

Mirage chuckled. "I have seen others suffer much worse. You know, Ironhide ends up with a bad temper if he has been drinking with the troops to prove he still can."

"How anyone tells? He always yells..."

------------------------------------------------------------
Medbay, Steelhaven

"Co-operation is practical," Shockwave observed more to Cerebros than Ratchet. He paused, considering, then added politely to Gnaw: "Thank you for your assistance."

Gnaw, standing nearby to see whether there was anything else wanted of him, gave a nod, "Always glad to help."

Shockwave did an unconscious double-take; the Sharkticon had projected a recorded speech fragment which was clearly Perceptor's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Steelhaven: Armory

Freeway is looking through some more gadgets, mostly explosives, to take along with him for when he is going to head out to face the Space Mafia. He looks up for a moment and looks around in the room. He could have sworn that somebody yelled his name, but he shrugged and continue looking.

The door slides open and Pointblank walks in. He sets Peacemaker down near where he needs to be to reload. Pointblank looks over at Freeway and sees him outfitted to the neck with all kind of weaponry. "Don't you think that is a bit too much, Freeway?"

"Nope", he replies. "I got everything that I need right here. We're going to face the Mafia and Crosshairs said to bring lots of ammo so I am!"

Pointblank looks over at Peacemaker and he looks back. Both shake their head. Pointblank walks over to a rack that's holding an Electro Shield. "Hmm... this might be useful." Pointblank takes it with him and subspaces it. "Alright Freeway, let's go. The others are probably waiting."

"Sure, Pointblank." Freeway follows Pointblank out and they walk down the corridor, with Peacemaker following them. Pointblank looks down at Freeway and Freeway notices that.

"What?" Freeway says.

"Not much,"Pointblank says. "I'm wondering what your problem with Blurr is."

"None of your damn business" Freeway replies. "The guy thinks that he is so great. Defending Autobot City so long ago when Megatron invaded it on Earth, fighting Unicron, getting an upgrade, being treated as a hero and an idol by most? It glitches my system! What makes him so special, huh? I wish I had the shanix to afford an upgrade! I would show everybody that Freeway is the bot you don't want to mess with!"

"Ah, I understand" Pointblank replies. "I didn't think you were a bot that got jealous."

"WHAT?!" Freeway explodes in anger. "I'll show you jealous!" Freeway says as he puts up his fists. Pointblank however, smacks Freeway on the back of the head.

"Shut up Freeway" Pointblank adds.

Pointblank walks down the ramp to the outside where he can see Blurr, Sights and Jackpot leaving. "I thought I told them to wait outside." Pointblank says while shaking his head.

Freeway walks up to him along with Peacemaker. "Eheh. Guess that's my fault. I got his thought processor all mixed up. Great fun!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near the Warehouse

Crosshairs rolled toward the Combaticon base, but was still too far out to be detected by their makeshift sensor grid. He hadn't spotted Blurr and Jackpot yet, not so much because they were sneaking up on him, but more because he was too absorbed in his thoughts to pay attention to anything but what was right in front of him.

"Slagged if I know," Needlenose told Road Hugger. "I'm just along for the ride. Wings here, he's the one who knows what's what."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Warehouse

"We w-w-want to see Swindle, we have a p-proposition for him."

Wingspan looked hard at the micromaster.

~*~

Pounce bounded into site next to Mirage appearing as if from nowhere
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Combaticons' Warehouse

Road Hugger grunted as Wingspan replied. "A proposition? Give me a second..."

Switching frequencies, Road Hugger hailed both Onslaught and Swindle, "Guys, Wingspan and Needlenose are flying in, they have a proposition for Swindle and wants to talk to him."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

En route to Templar Heights

In his vehicular mode, Mirage did not respond to Pounce's sudden reappearance except by a brief swerve, but Wheelie hissed, "Kitty's here - Wheelie not fear!"

The small mech pulled one of his new poniards out of subspace and fingered the edge.

Mirage guessed that Wheelie was just showing bravado. For his own part, he was not sure whether Pounce could be trusted in the thick of any fighting, even if they were supposed to be on the same side this time. The battlecat Transformer had as bad a reputation as a 'Con could get - and that was saying something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Pounce transformed and flew along just above the roadway.

"ahhh youth they think they'll live for ever how sweet."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Office Planning Ruins

Figuring Weirdwolf was preoccupied with the other data files to respond, Inferno placed the data pad containing the plans they needed away in a built-in compartment.

"Hey, you comin' or not?" Inferno asked the Headmaster as he exited the vault and approached the tunnel he burrowed from the topside.

He stopped near the makeshift exit where the body of the unknown mech Weirdwolf had located earlier rested.

"Right. Almost forgot about you," Inferno said as he knelt down and hefted the offline mech over his shoulder. "Up you go!"

Steelhaven, Medbay

"Practical? Sigh, you have no idea, Shockwave," Cerebros replied, recalling his earlier discussion with Prowl.

When Perceptor's voice suddenly projected from Gnaw's vocal processor, Cerebros, as Shockwave had done, did a double take. Ratchet, however - who was attaching the last bits of tungsten panelling to Fortress Maximus' body - was too busy to notice.

"Was that...Perceptor's voice?" Cerebros inquired.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Planning Office

Weirdwolf sniffed around one last time before padding after Inferno

"Coming am I."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Outside Steelhaven

I'll try to comm them", Pointblank says to Feeway. "At least then they'll have the coordinates for the meeting point."

Freeway puts his thumb up. "Good plan." Freeway transforms to car mode and starts his engine. "I'll race ya!" And with that, Freeway speeds off.

Pointblank shakes his head. "Will he ever stop?" Pointblank flips up a panel on his left wrist and opens up a com link to Jackpot. "Pointblank to Jackpot. We're supposed to rendez vous with Crosshairs at the Templar Heights. Tell Blur that following him could endanger his mission."
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Outside the Steelhaven

"Oh?" Jackpot answered Pointblank. "We weren't supposed to follow Corsshairs?" turning to Blurr and kicking his side, Jackpot screamed, "Hey speedboat! We're supposed to go to the Templar Heights! Dammit, you're just too fast for the rest of us sometimes."

"Can't help it- I'm the fastest Autobot in Cybertron, no matter what Freeway thinks." Blurr said as he drifted a hundred and eighty degrees. "C'ya, Crosshairs!"

Jackpot whispered to Haywire (seated inside Blurr), "Do you ever get used to his super-speed?"

"Nope-" Haywire said, his knuckles white as he clenched the armrests. "Never."

Sights followed overhead, flying towards Templar Heights. Soon, Blurr reached the general area and screeched to a stop.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Steelhaven: Outside

Pointblank shakes his head. "I hope this behavior of Blurr and Freeway isn't going to interfere with this mission. If they get out of line once, I'll set them straight immediately," he says to himself.

Pointblank transforms to carmode and heads of for the Templar Heights too.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near the Warehouse

Crosshairs sent a quick burst transmission to Bluestreak and Doublecross. "I'm at these coordinates, a mile west of you. One of you needs to come meet me."

He hadn't noticed Blurr's antics at all, as distracted as he was.

Warehouse

"What do you figure?" Bluestreak asked Doublecross. "Is it legit, or do you think they've nabbed him?"

"Yeah, right. That," Needlenose said to Road Hugger. "What he said. That's what we're here for."

Templar Heights

Spinister caught sight of Mirage et. al. and waved them forward. "Are you ready?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Combaticons' Warehouse

Road Hugger nodded at Needlenose and Wingspan's replies. Opening a comm to Swindle and Onslaught, he said, "Guys, Needlenose and Wingspan want to see Swindle. 'Says they have a proposition for him."