[Original RPG] Collapse: Struck a Nerve (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Arcee, Corridors

Downshift's message was very disturbing to Arcee. She really didn't know much about Powerflash other than the general detail that he was the warden. But that in itself was alarming. Talk about the inmates running the asylum, she thought.

"I'll see if I can locate him," she spoke over the link. "Computer? Where is Powerflash?"

After a moment, the computer replied, "Designate: Powerflash is in the Maximum Security Surgical Annex."

"Hear that, Downshift? Ironfist and I will meet you there as soon as possible. We hope. Keep us updated. Arcee out."

By this time, she was within reach of Breakdown, and Smite was still praying. Once she'd dragged Breakdown out of the cell, she hefted him over her shoulder, but left her shoulder-mounted vernier thrusters free so she could fly. She wasn't the strongest mech ever, but luckily Breakdown was far from the heaviest; she'd be able to compensate for his weight with little problem.

To Ironfist, she asked, "what do you think? Should we deal with the Powerflash thing? If so, we might want to drop these two off at the CR Chamber first."
Chip1123
Protoform

Corridors

Post by Chip1123 »

"Help wounded first. Then we deal with Powerflash." Ironfist answered Arcee. Ironfist set Kingbolt down for a moment and looked around the wreckage of the prison. He found a few doors that he could use to keep Smite in, at least temporarily. He propped them up, and then pulled out a laser. he spot welded the corners to the wall. "Will keep him from going anywhere, for a few minutes at least." Ironfist picked up Kingbolt, transformed, and started to make his way to the CR chamber again.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Arcee, Corridors

"Not a problem," Arcee replied to Ironfist as the latter welded some doors onto Smite's cell.

Once Ironfist transformed and carried Kingbolt to the CR Chamber, Arcee followed him, still lugging Breakdown. Her shoulder-mounted thrusters kicked in, allowing her to keep up with Ironfist, though Breakdown's added weight made her more sluggish than usual.

She just hoped the situation with Powerflash wouldn't escalate until they got to him.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Maximum Security Surgical Annexe

a message appeared on the screen of the surgical computer

this has peformed an illegal operation do you want to continue

Powerflash glared at the screen

"of course I know it's an illegal operation but its going to save his life you stupid machine, don't you understand."

Powerflash glared at the computer awaiting a response before realsing his error and pressing Yes on the screen.

Powerflash placed the disk he'd retrived into the open slot and placed Searchlight's head on in the appropriate niche while he awaited for the body he'd selected to be brought up from storage.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors

"No idea," Downshift told Windcharger, "but he's carrying around Searchlight's head and talking to it like-" He stopped short as Arcee's communique came through. "Thanks," he said.

Turning back to Windcharger, he said, "We've got a location. Lets go."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors

"Maximum Security Surgical...?" Windcharger immediately transformed and sped off alongside Downshift, his instincts taking over.

"What the slag is he trying to do? Revive Searchlight? With the bodies of criminals? He has gone off the deep end."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Powerflash watched his choice trundle out on the end of a robotic arm.

"I'm afraid we have a limited choice in white Searchlight but once ypu're up and running we'll get you resprayed if you'd like plus we must have some one replace your lights and everything.

Powerflash sat down and waited as the machinery whirred into life

Process 37% complete and rising

He commed Downshift

"Downshift please report status , what were our casualties ? How goes the prisoner Recovery ? Do we know how many escaped ? Have we warned the surrounding police forces that there may be dangerous criminals heading there way? We'll need to be able to track them down. We have two heli-units incoming with infra red tracking devices. Please detail 2 groups to accompany them in the search. "

He closed the com and opened another channel.

"Steeljaw I'm going to need you and some of your guys out at Altihex. We've had a big break out. Our best tracker was knocked out quite seriously, I'm trying to help him but I envisage trauma and shock. He's going to be out of things for a while."

~*~

Slicer sauntered down the corridor and towards the exit grinning to himself
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Buzzsaw's transmission to Slicer came through over a scrambled channel.

"Wheeljack, this is Hacksaw. What's your status? We could really use you back at the lab."

"I'm afraid not," Downshift said, appearing in the doorway behind Powerflash. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to stop talking to the severed head and step away from the carcasses. I don't believe you know what you're doing."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Powerflash turned and looked at Downshift

"I am rescuing the life of one of comrades whose noble act saved us all. Also on a more practical note I am reviving one of our best trackers. We will require all resources at out disposal in order to retrieve the escappees. This is not unprecedented Prime was saved in this manner.

The computer screen flashed

Process 87% complete

" I have requested that Steeljaw bring a team out here to help us with the search. Whatever you believe we must warn the surrounding police forces many may die if we do not apprehend the criminals. We have little time. We cannot let anymore die....."

Process 93% complete

Leaving the Prison

Slicer had transformed and was speeding away from the prison. He replied recognising the voice on the other end

"umm Hacksaw this is Wheeljack I am returning to the lab. I am leaving the test site now."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: Assuming I still control Searchlight... Do I?)

Windcharger appeared behind Downshift playing good cop, "Yes, Powerflash. Searchlight is a good friend and ally to us all, but he's dead. Do you think this is what he wanted? Being rebuild in a killer machine? He's a tracker. Tell ya what. I'm the fastest runner around. I'll zip to Iacon with his spark and find a new body for him."

Windcharger looked at the 'process: 93% complete' screen and said, "On second thoughts..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Excellent," 'Hacksaw' replied to Slicer. "If you see any of our fellow academics along the way, invite them to tag along, please."

(OOC: What with him being dead, I don't think it makes a difference who controls him. ;) Practically, though, it would cost you a character slot. )

"You can't just plug his head onto a new body, flip a switch and expect everything to be fine!" Downshift barked at Powerflash. "You need a qualified medic to examine his brain module for damage before you reactivate him, not to mention you only bothered to recover his head. Without his laser core, that thing you're making will be a soulless automaton at best. At worst, you're going to destroy his brain module irreparably or give his memories to the spark of a homicidal maniac. If you care about Searchlight at all, you'll shut this thing down now and wait until a qualified surgeon arrives from the IMR."

The security officer's lasers whined as they charged up -- if he had to, he would hurt Powerflash before he let him hurt whatever was left of their comrade.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Maximum Security Security Annexe

Sump the medic in charge of the surgical annexe stepped from behind the machinery. A piece of oily rag in his hands . A harried looking , tired mech. There was a reason he'd ended up in charge of a prison surgical facility, his drinking. The prison was his last stop on his fall from favour.

"I've stabilised the thermo-coupling. Powerflash what's happening ? Why is the machinery on ? What are you doing ? This is a surgery not a shooting gallery?"

This he addressed to Downshift

Powerflash responded to Downshift.

"I had no choice , it was the only way to save his life.Give me more credit than that. The body I've selected for him belongs to a white collar criminal. I can pause the process but I don't know if I can reverse it."

He activated a control and the computer screen flashed

Process 97% complete and holding

Sump looked round

"and what have you done with my Sick Berth Attendant?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: Don't worry then. I control too much anyway...;))

"You can pause it, boss?" Windcharger said to Powerflash. "Then allow me."

Windcharger's hand glowed and the magnetism gently lifted Searchlight's head off the console and brought it to his hand. "Powerflash... I'll promise I'd get Searchlight fixed up. Go get some CR time, 'kay buddy?"

To Sump he said, "Don't worry. We're just leaving..."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Outside

The blasted-open gate was not so far away, but it might just as well have been parsecs. Dragging himself by his arms alone was not getting Backhand away and he realised the situation would not improve. Admitting defeat with a curse, he pitched himself over onto his back in the concealing smoke still drifting across the prison grounds, wondering whether this was the end of it, whether he would finally be incarcerated in one of his own cells.

'Backhand to Control,' he radioed on the official wavelength. 'Transmitting location ping. Rouse the doc - I need medical assistance.'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Sub-level 2

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist made his way to sublevel 2 with Arcee trailing him. He transformed and laid Kingbolt down along one of the tables. "Fallen comrade deserves respect." he said.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Arcee, Sub-Level 2

Carrying Breakdown, Arcee entered the CR room behind Ironfist. Unlike Kingbolt, her cargo was still functional in a loose sense of the word, so she placed him in a CR chamber that someone else had vacated. "And this fallen Decepticon needs ... eyeballs. Or something." She hoped that it would repair the damage to Breakdown's optics, though his psyche was another matter entirely.

Turning to the others, she saw that Bumblebee's regeneration cycle was nearly complete, and the new body Pyro had designed for him was shaping up nicely.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sumps optic flared.

"Don't worry he says put the slaggin' head back you clod hopping magnetic fool. Do you have medical training ?You can't just remove it put it back quickly before the damage is irreversible. We'll need to bring an expert surgeon out here. The best thing you could do is bring one out here double quick.Put it back now!!."

The diminutive surgeon turned his glare towards Powerflash

"and what do you think you were playing at playing Primus, at least you picked a headmaster body, dumb luck I suppose , meddling where you shouldn't !! I don't go round trying to run a prison and you shouldn't try to be a medic."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"What life?" Downshift asked Powerflash bluntly. "Whatever you would have given him, it wouldn't have been life. The criminals are gone. Deal with it, or you'll lose whatever grip you've got left onto reality."

He turned to Windcharger and said, "Put the head back. Then head to the control room, get Iacon to send us a surgeon and alert the local authorities to what happened, like Powerflash said."

Activating his comm, he barked instructions to Arcee and Ironfist. "I need one of you two to go outside and drag Backhand in before he leaks to death."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Powerflash slumped

"I have all his data on a disc, it's part of the standard security precautions for working in a class five environment. It would have worked. Prime did it you know.... theres precedent you know one it's called the Prime protocol.... pretty obscure but it's in the........never mind may as wel tear up all the rules.

Poweflash collapsed on a seat and stared at his hands

"yes warn the authorities, and check if Steeljaw is coming, we must round them up, if I can do nothing else we will do that right."
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Arcee, Sub-Level 2

Now that Breakdown and Kingbolt had been deposited in the CR room, Arcee prepared to head back out with Ironfist to search for more Autobots and inmates.

Downshift's transmission about Backhand came in, and before Ironfist could make a decision, she volunteered. "Let me go. I'm the faster one, so I can get to him in time."