[Original RPG] Collapse: Nation on Fire (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Auction:

Tracks: -still shaking his head slightly in amazement, looks over at Quarrell- "I should hope not. I'm here to be his bodyguard."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Aftershocks

Aftershock took a step forward.

"I believe in Hot Rod , so much so that I will volunteer to be his campaign manager should he want me and he can use the room over the bar as his campaign HQ."

Daylight looked into the camera

"So Anchor here are some mechs who will be definitly be voting Hot Rod come the election. Thuis is Daylight signing off from Aftershocks Dinobot Bar and Grill where this reporter is off to sample the ambiance."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Autobase, Prowl's Office

"Care to repeat that last part, Smokescreen? I did not quite hear you," Prowl replied to the Secret Service Director's closing comment with a smirk, having heard it clearly.

"At any rate...yes, do keep in touch," he continued. "If you are able, I would like to be updated on Springer's activities in regular intervals. Other than that, if there is nothing else you wish to share with me, then I shall speak with you later, Smokescreen."

Border Regions, The Mezzanine

A bouncer sitting on a stool near the entrance of the club stood up and approached Landmine and Waverider. He squinted as he looked the two Pretenders up and down suspiciously.

"Hmmm...wearing Autobrands, eh? Sigh, whatever," the bouncer said as he opened the door for them.

"Yeah, Dealer should still be here. He's here with a white and black painted 'bot," he told them while pointing towards the farther corner of the club. "Check over there in those booths by the center stage."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

(ooc: thanks zigzagger!)

Border Regions: The Mezzanine

Waverider says nothing and walks in and Landmine follows him. "Thanks buddy. This is a very nice place."

"Don't worry about trouble, sir," Waverider adds. "We're certainly not looking for it. We may be Autobots but we're definately not looking for a fight!"

Landmine raises an eyebrow and pushes Waverider forward. "What the scrap are you talking about?! Don't start putting any ideas in his head! He might think we are looking for one."

"Right, and I was the one that worries too much?" Waverider replies.

"As Ironhide would say: Shaddap," Landmine said with a smile while heading towards the booths where Doubledealer is. "Hopefully, he can help us out and get us to Crystal City."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: So sorry, could've sworn I replied to this thread a coupla days ago...)

Auction

Paperweight nodded, "What makes you believe so? Megatron started this war, remember..." shrugging, he said, "Another question- did your time as Rodimus Prime influence your decision to run for this?"

Maccadams

"Being known as 'that guy who looks like Laserbeak and Buzzsaw' must've been real frustrating."

Whirl shrugged. "Not surprising... but then, d'you think we should pay this 'Sundor' a visit?" placing the now mysteriously empty glass at the table, he said to those around the table, "but then, last time I paid someone a visit, I blew up their homes and whatnot..."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Auction:

Hot Rod: -shrugs- "Hope springs eternal, as the humans say. Megatron must be getting sick of having to worry about us and Gigatron by now And yes, my time as Prime did play a factor in my decision to run. For one thing, I realized that leading as my own self, not something that was created by the Matrix, is a much better feeling." -chuckling as he smiles- "For another, it means I won't have to turn into a camper van when I win."

Maccaddams:

Stepper: "Sounds like a good idea."

Nightbeat: "It wouldn't do much for Hot Rod's chances to win, though. They'd spin our visit to, and subsequent destruction of, Sundor's place, however much of an accident it might be, into an attack by Prime's warmongering Autobots on the more peaceloving ones."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Maccadams

"Damn the politics." Whirl grunted. "Damn the media too... hell, Stepper- one of the CBC people actually made a report on us confronting Hubcap and burning his warehouse of smuggled things. And they pinned us as the bad guys!"

An idea crept into Whirl's mind and he said in a jovial manner, "Any chance for us to make Roadbuster run for Prime Minister?"

Auction

Paperweight nodded, "What do you think of your competitors, Hot Rod? Especially the team of Sundor and Rosanna?" he indicated the latter.

Border Regions

An orange mech riding a bike enetered the Border Regions from the direction of Altihex. Ah, Iacon... has been some time since I visited this. Ever since the Taagan Heights debacle...

Repugnus parked the motorbike outside a nondescript bar called the Mezzanine, and entered it...

(OOC: And he's accepting jobs! -nudges Warcry-)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Maccaddams:

Stepper: -chuckles- "I can see the headlines now. 'Prime Minister guns down cabinet in opening speech'. It would do wonders for our political system, but be a waste of good ammo."

Nebulon: -chirps and whistles-

Auction:

Hot Rod: -still smiling- "All of my competitors are worthy.... but with all due respect to Miss Rosanna, I'm the one to back. If nothing else, I've got the experience."

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Maccadams

Whirl chuckled at Stepper's joke. "Knowing Roadbuster, he won't mind. He's got more ammo stashed somewhere, I'm sure..." turning to Nightbeat, Whirl indicated Glyph, "Isn't this the murderer you and Tracks apprehended in Kalis some time ago?"
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Ironhide's Office:

Air Raid thinks over Ironhide's suggestion of speaking to Silverbolt. It had been a long time since he spoke to him, so much so that he wasn't even sure of where Silverbolt was stationed. Maybe he should go speak to Silverbolt and the other Aerialbots about his desire to be upgraded. After all, he wasn't entirely sure whether he wanted to sacrifice his position within in the Aerialbots.
Air Raid thought coming to see Ironhide would strengthen his desire to get the upgrade he wanted, instead he's left with more questions then he arrived with.

"Maybe you're right Ironhide, maybe I should talk it over with Silverbolt first. Though I haven't heard from any of my other Aerialbots in stellar cycles."
Roadster

Post by Roadster »

Border Region Slums, relatively close to Quadrant Epsilon

The way to solve their problems was becoming clearer as time went by to Breakdown and he figured he wasn't alone

"Motormaster you know what we'll have to do to get out of here don't you ?"

For his part the bigger mech didn't say anything at first, though at the end he ended up agreeing.

"Yes. What we should have done a while ago." Answered the warrior.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Secret Service HQ

"Hmmm? I'm sure I don't know what you mean." Smokescreen feigned confusion. "At any rate, yes, I think we're done for the moment. I'll keep in touch. Good day, Prowl."

Cutting the comlink and opening a new one in a single quick motion, he put through a transmission to Grotusque. "Could you step in here for a second? I have a job that would be right in your wheelhouse."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Secret Service HQ

Grotusque entered Smokescreens office

"a job for me who do you want scaring ?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Border Regions: The Mezzanine

Landmine walks up to the booth where Doubledealer is sitting. Waverider follows him but keeps some distance. "Hey there fellow Cybertronians. My name is Landmine and this is Waverider. Don't mean to interrupt anything that you got going on here and I definately didn't want to come off as rude, but that friendly guy at the door said that you're Doubledealer," Landmine says while pointing at Dealer.

Waverider grabs Landmine by the shoulder and whispers. "Landmine! Don't burst in just like that! For all we know they could be hostile!"

"Shut up, 'Rider." Landmine adds. "I know what I am doing."

"Anyway, Dealer. We're looking for some transportation to Crystal City and we've beentold that you're the bot to talk to for such a thing." Landmine crosses his arms in a not too intimidating way "So? Can you help a bot out?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Secret Service HQ

Smokescreen chuckled at Grotusque's joke. "Not quite what I meant, my friend."

He slid a datacard across the desk to the other Autobot.

"My sources have told me that Repugnus has, uh, paroled himself from his sentence in Altihex. I've got a job that I need him for, so I'd like you to track him down and bring him in for a chat. All the details are on the datacard, but the jist of the assignment will be to infiltrate Gigatron's forces and, if necessary, abduct or assassinate a suspected Autobot traitor."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

As Doubledealer and Blades spoke over their drinks, Landmine and Waverider approached their booth. Though he was sporting a new paintjob and a ID programed to fool ISS scanning equipment, Blades was nonetheless uncomfortable in the presence of the two Pretenders.

"My, I feel so popular. Yeah, I might be able to help, but could you hold on a klik," Dealer told the Pretenders, returning his focus to Blades.

"Don't worry about it, we can talk later, Dealer. Looks like you got yourself a gig here," Blades told the mercenary as he stood up. "I suppose I'll give Mags a visit whenever he gets back. Catch you later."

"Yeah, please do that," Dealer replied. "See you around 'Glaze'."

After Blades disappeared into another corner of the club, Dealer looked back up towards Landmine.

"Sorry about that. Where were we?" Dealer said. "Right, you need a ride to Crystal City...."

Dealer looked both the Autobots up and down, grinning devilishly.

"Entering 'Con territory these solar cycles can be a bit tricky, but, yeah, I can get you there," he told Landmine. "How far in Crystal City do you need to be, and how much are you willing to pay?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Not recognizing Blades in his new colors, Landmine puts his thumb up. "Nice paint job there. Like the black and white you have going on." He doubts that the bot heard him.

"Landmine, pay attention!" Waverider says as Dealer addressed him. "No need to apoligize. We were the once intruding upon your conversation, sir."

Landmine looks over his shoulder to Waverider and raises an eyebrow. "Intruding upon your conversation?! What did you do? Swallow Perceptor?" Landmine looks back at Dealer and then decides to sit down across the table. Waverider still remains standing.

"Right down to business, eh?" Landmine smiles. "Very well. Waverider and I would like to meet up with Springer in Crystal City. So bringing us to him or close to him would do, though I am sure that will cost me a serious amount of credit, so I have here for you 2000 credits that I have on me. How far would that get us?"

Waverider's optics widen when he hears that Landmine has that large an amount of money on him. "You said that Prowl took your money! You cheap scraplet reject! I have been paying for you, thinking you had no money, while you had enough on you this whole time!" Waverider says while throwing a fit.

Landmine shakes his head. "Will you cool it, 'Rider? I'm paying for our trip, aren't I? So sit down and shut up before we get thrown out." Looking back at Dealer, Landmine says: "Sorry about that. So anyway, 2000 credits. Yes or no?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Mezzanine

Repugnus stalked in, trying not to get any attention as possible. Surveying the crowd, he saw and recognized Landmine and Waverider instantly (well, there were few Autobots who dress up in fleshling garb...) and silently cursed. They might recognize him. Other than that, he saw Doubledealer. What the frag's he doing here?

Not saying anything, he sat down on a chair in a corner and ordered a drink.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide's Office:

Ironhide: -nods understandingly at Air Raid- "Part'a th' probl'm with bein' at war fer so long is we ain't use'ta peace anymore. Resources bein' whut they are, teams get shuffled 'round. We was still actively fahghtin', you'd prob'ly be with th' Aerialbots awl t' tahme."

Selkadoom

Corridors

Post by Selkadoom »

(OOC: correct me if i'm wrong)

Snarl walked aimlessly around looking for the other Dinobots
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2