[Original RPG] Detente: A War Without Fronts (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Arcee, Corridors

Windcharger gave Arcee the necessary directions to Sub-Level 2, and Ironfist helpfully loaded Bumblebee onto the roof of her hovercraft form. "Thanks, guys," she answered, before skimming out of the cell and toward the flight of stairs.

When her alternate form had been a sports car, the stairs might have proven to be difficult terrain, but as a hovercar she was able to navigate the stairs easily. Her only worry was making sure that Bumblebee didn't slide off suring the trip.

Sub-Level 2

It took a minute or two, but Arcee was able to find the CR chamber, with her yellow Minibot cargo in tow. "Let's see ... Lawn and Garden, Housewares ... ah, here we go."

She skimmed over to one of the CR chambers and tilted her form to the side, causing Bumblebee to slide off of her and into the chamber. Transforming to her robot form, she strode to the control panel and activated the machine. As the cryogenic regeneration process began, Arcee watched Bumblebee's form, intending to keep vigil over him for as long as it took for his wounds to heal.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Pyro turned to Arcee. "Hey... I got an idea..." Pyro reached into his chest and pulled out a disc. "Could you reformat him if given the necessary instructions and tools?"
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

(OOC: Astrotrain, Soundwave and co. are inside a building guarded by armed thugs, so I'm just going to assume that Gunrunner was shooting at the building they're in.)

"I wouldn't recommend that," Astrotrain told Shrapnel. "If you eat classified materials, I'd have to have you dissected to get them back. We wouldn't want that, would we?"

The warehouse rocked on its foundations as Gunrunner's missiles exploded against the walls.

Nearby, Soundwave fell back from the window he was using as cover, plasma burns across his chest. "Now would be a good time to go," he opined as he dove into Astrotrain's cargo hold.

"I couldn't agree more," the admiral replied.

He started rolling forward, his train wheels striking sparks from the cement floor as he barrelled toward a flimsy metal cargo door. The door rolled open as he accelerated, breaking out into open air roaring in Finback's direction at fifty miles per hour.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Astrotrain

Laserbeak landed on Soundwave's shoulder after retrieving Skyhopper and squawked an approval at Astrotrain's launch. "You're injured, master." he said with genuine concern.

"Need some CR time, master?" he said as he gestured to the chambers in one side.

Shrapnel gave a smile as he holstered his weaponry. "Dissect me, me? When I eat something wrong, I blow up, up. Then Bombshell patches me up, don't ask, how he does that, he just does that, that."

"There's a Decepticon there!" Bombshell said as he saw Finback. He stretched his hand out of Astrotrain's hangar door and shouted "Grab hold!"

"Come on, old pirate, pirate! Hold on, on?" Shrapnel said as he threw a grenade at Gunrunner, to distract the Pretender.

Near CR Chambers

Windcharger asked Pyro,"A new body? Doesn't mean if Dirge and me get new body Bumblebee must get one too, you know."

To Dirge he said, "how you holding up, buddy?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Over Warehouse District

Strikemaster followed his flight leader Sub Orbital in towards the warehouse when a movement pinged on his sensors

"Sir looks like the Cons are leaving the party early we've got movement at the back of the warehouse."

~*~

Finback stood transfixed as the locomotive thundered towards him. He dived to one side at the last minute. as the rear of Astrotrain thundered past him he saw Bombshell leaning out of the cargo hatch in the driver's cab.

He reached out towards him forgetting that one of his hands was actually a large serrated claw.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Astrotrain

Bombshell's eyes widened as as Finback's claw arm extended at him. "Idiot..." Bombshell cried as the claw punctured his lower right arm. The good news, it's serrated, so it stuck in Bombshell's arm. The bad news, Finback is a great deal heavier than him, so the Pretender's mass is dragging Bombshell down from Astrotrain.

With his good left hand he held on for dear life on Shrapnel's shoulder, who happened to be beside him."Pull... Us... Up..." Bombshell said as he slid down.

Shrapnel, suprised, used both hands to grip Bombshell's antenna. "Gheaaaaaaaaa!" Bombshell shouted. "That hurts!"

"If you'd rather have me let go,go..." Shrapnel shouted against the volume of the wind as he tried desperately to pull both Bombshell and Finback up. To those around him he shouted. "Don't stand there looking, help us, us!"

Turret, an Autobot tank from Motorhead's squad, fired at Astrotrain.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Pyro laughed at Windcharger. "No that's not it at all. One of the main reasons he is this way is because he is completely unarmed, with minimal defenses- which you took away- that won't quite do in a fight like what happened today."

"Besides. Bumblebee was a prisoner here, and he fought as hard as he could to defend the place. You guys owe him big time."
Chip1123
Protoform

Prison Med-bay/CR Chamber

Post by Chip1123 »

"Decepticons leaving." Ironfist said to Pyro and Windcharger. "Plenty of time for repairs." Ironfist glanced down at Bumblebee. "Too frail. Needs better design."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

"Exactly" Pyro stated getting out a touch pad, he started drawing on it.

"I was... thinking something like... this." Pyro stated, turning the drawing pad to Windcharger, Arcee and Ironfist.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

CR chambers

"Hey, if I'd had my way, Bumblebee would be free, you know. I never liked the idea of Autobots being mixed with Decepticons awaiting trial."Windcharger said to Pyro. "No offense meant, Dirge."

Looking at the designs, Windcharger said, "you know, that's workable. Let me install that into the CR systems. Might work if you add a gun or two... Minibots need guns too, you know."

Windcharger emphasized the point by playfully waving his gun around.

(OOC: Turret is a green tank... A cannon fodder. The thought of a train running over a tank is funny.)

Turret, rather dumb, looked transfixed as the large Decepticon train, with Finback and Bombshell hanging out the bay doors, moved at him. He kept firing shells, but it did almost no damage against Astrotrain's armour.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

"Why not just rig up guns into the trailer backpack?" Pyro laughed.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Arcee, Sub-Level 2

The other Autobots joined Arcee at the CR chamber shortly after she arrived. Since they included Pyro, Windcharger, Ironfist, Hound, Dirge, Wing Saber, Clampdown, and Overload, the room filled up quickly.

Arcee turned to Pyro and peered at the disc with interest. "The chamber's computer should do most of the work," she answered. "Assuming the disc is compatible with the software, of course. This equipment looks like it was last upgraded when Cybertron was young." She was exaggerating ... but not by much.

Taking the disc from Pyro, she loaded it into the machine, curious what was on it. The discussion turned to upgrades for Bumblebee, in particular a new body. She certainly agreed that he could use a stronger one, though it hadn't been that long ago that he'd been rebuilt as Goldbug before going back to basics (OOC: That is, if the Goldbug change is canon for this RPG).

And it was even more recent when Arcee had traded her old sports-car body for her current one.

Pyro drew up schematics for the new body on a touch pad, and Arcee definitely liked what she saw. Glancing over to Bumblebee's stasis-locked body, she mentally super-imposed the new design onto him. "Yes, that's an excellent upgrade. Stronger, more battle ready, and a little bit bigger, as well. Still recognizable as Bumblebee, though, which was important." After all, Arcee had always thought 'Bee was kind of cute.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

(OOC: Goldbug change was canon I suppose, but he was reverted back before the RPG I think)

"I think this will end well." Pyro stated, sitting down. Plugging himself into the wall he looked up. "Isn't there still a battle going on?"
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Arcee, Sub-Level 2

"There probably is," Arcee replied to Pyro, "but it seems to have moved away from this prison for now. I hope." Which was a good thing, because she doubted the prison could withstand much more punishment.

Moving to another computer console, Arcee input a few commands. "Computer, locate and identify any Decepticons still detectable on the premises."

"Searching. One moment please," the computer's voice responded.

(OOC: Are there any Decepticons left on the premises that the computer could detect?)
Chip1123
Protoform

Sub-Level 2

Post by Chip1123 »

"No 'Cons upon entrance." Ironfist replied to Pyro. "Wounded comrades - first priority since there was no threat." He turned towards Bumblebee. "May not have survived otherwise."

Ironfist moved towards the door. "Lock door behind me. Make repairs. Don't open unless sure we have won up top."

To Arcee he said "I shall search hallways. Inform me if computer finds anything. I shall return."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Astrotrain

Finback the consumate sailor started to haul himself up using Bombshell as a ladder.

"Avast me hearties I 'll be up and over and out of your way in 2 bells."

~*~

Motormouth's squad had become split, he'd lost Turret and a couple of the other grunts.

He sprinted down a corridor towards the Armoury followed by 5 others of his squad
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Arcee, Sub-Level 2

Ironfist
prepared to leave the room to hunt for more Decepticons. Glancing to Bumblebee, then to the computer, and back to Ironfist, Arcee made her decision.

"With all due respect, two will fare better out there than one," she told Ironfist, striding toward him. "Since you and I haven't been damaged, we're the best qualified. I could have the computer contact us when and if it finds any Decepticons." She gestured to the other gathered Autobots. "And they can notify us if there's any change in Bumblebee's condition."

She'd originally wanted to stay by the side of her wounded comrades, but now she felt her skills would be better served on patrol with Ironfist. The Autobots hadn't been having the best of luck with the Decepticons; facing them solo didn't strike her as the wisest idea.
Chip1123
Protoform

Sub-Level 2

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist weighed Arcee's words in his head. He worried that she would become a burden, or worse, another casualty, but knew that she was correct. The odds favored two bots coming back intact more than one. "Set up computer. Then we make sure no one else ends up here." He told Arcee.

Turning to Pyro and Windcharger before exiting, "Back soon with more comrades." In one piece he added silently.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

CR Chambers

"Barely," Dirge would answer to Windcharger's question as he climbed into a CR chamber, taking his time not to agitate the continuing pain from having a hole blown in his back before sealing himself in.

Hound watched long enough to insure that Dirge had made it to his destination safely, then turned his attention back to the discussion Pyro had brought up. "Dirge got his body as it was going to take way too long and too many resources to repair his shredded frame, and he was in need of an overhaul way before then anyways. Bumblebee isn't nearly as bad off."

"And as has been noted, the fellow is still under investigation," Wing Saber spoke. He was busy gently depositing Clampdown and Overload into their own CR chambers, but he was still listening to everything around him. "If we were to do anything as dramatic as a rework of his entire frame, it might be considered that we are trying to disguise him so that he can avoid trial, which will bring us under severe scruiteny. I am not sure about the rest of you, but I have rather tried to avoid situations that might get me involved in a public inquiry..."
Roethlisberger7
Protoform

Post by Roethlisberger7 »

Armory

Groundbreaker could not believe that Submarauder would charge him without weapons or a Pretender shell. This might not be too difficult thought Groundbreaker, as he opened fire with his electron assault rifle.

Courtyard

Splashdown made his way across the courtyard to the wreckage of Skyhopper's helicopter. Splashdown could see that Landmine and Waverider had been through a lot just by looking at their damaged shells. "What happened to you two!?"

"Skystalker got us. Shells saved us from the scrapyard." Landmine shook off Shrapnel's electrical attack, slightly damaged. "Where's Sky High and Groundbreaker?"

"Sky High should be with the injured. Groundbreaker's hunting down any stragglers." Splashdown watched the Decepticons retreat.

Waverider joined the pair of Pretenders. "Did you mention we didn't have our comms?"

"Speaking of." Splashdown opened a comm channel to Sky High and Groundbreaker. "Status!"

Corridors

Rounding a corner, Sky High came face to face with Iguanus. "Don't move. Hands in the air!" Sky High aimed his stun gun at Iguanus. Splashdown's message came in over his comm. "Groundbreaker's engaged Submaruader. I've got Iguanus here!"