[Original RPG] Detente: A War Without Fronts (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

OOC: I'm posting via wireless! Ain't technology great?

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse District

The three Insecticons transformed into insect modes, fired at High Beam before entering Astrotrain.

"Hasta La Vista!" Kickback said.

Medics hauled Wildrider and Dead End into Astrotrain. Dead End's body is under a reformat...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors

Windcharger shook his head as he saw Crossblades plummet down.

Overload, Clampdown, Crossblades, Searchlight, Bumblebee, me... We're all injured. Or in Searchlight's case dead.

He shouted to Iron Fist, "Help Overload and Clampdown first! They're nearly dead."
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

"Arcee, just keep him alive please..." Pyro limped to Windcharger. "Are you so freaking blind?! Look at Bumblebee!" He pointed to Bumblebee's charred body, with a missing arm and broken legs. "Honestly, this little guy probably won't make it unless we act fast!"
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Prison Entrance

"If my sensors are correct, Soundwave has issued a general retreat on the 'Con frequencies, meaning any of them with an ounce of processing power is gone or getting gone now," Wing Saber answered to Ironfist, just as he had finished his own scan to be sure of the area's safety. A moment later and Wing Saber looked up briefly as Arcee flew overhead. He spared the bot only a passing glance before he returned his attention to Ironfist. "We should be making haste as well, we have allies needing help."

Wing Saber had slow going with his larger size, but very quickly he was able to see the scene with the injured Autobots. "I would suggest we get them to someplace a bit less messy for treatment," Wing Saber spoke aloud, carefully picking up Clampdown and Overload from Hound and Dirge's care, the larger Autobot hving amuch easier time at moving them.

"Does this facility have a medical installation?" Wing Saber asked aloud, mainly to Windcharger who seemed most concerned of the situation, hoping to calm him down a bit.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

Soundwave hefted Wildrider's body up and heaved it into Astrotrain's cargo hold. He watched the Insecticons cowardishly take cover, then dragged another insensate rescuee up the ramp before striding toward a window, shooting it out and firing at High Beam's posse with his concussion rifle.

Nearby, Boomstick and several of his gang were retreating slowly, firing as they went.

Outside

Downshift watched the retreating Decepticons with an almost helpless look on his face, despite his mounting fury.

They beat us. They beat us, and there's absolutely nothing we can do to reverse the situation.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors

"Yes, attend to the others first." the broken Windcharger said as he propped himself up wit a broken shard of metal. "I died just now." he muttered.

Warehouse District

Laserbeak landed on his master's shoulder launcher and fired at the Autobots. "I suggest we retreat now, master Soundwave. I fear Autobot reinforcements from Iacon will arrive."

The avian Decepticon sent a barrage of laser beams at an airborne Autobot, sending him tumbling away.
Chip1123
Protoform

Corridors

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist was glad Wing Saber was able to grab both Clampdown and Overload. It was nice having bigger bots around like that sometimes.

"Bumblebee - safe to move him? Which was is med-bay?" Ironfist asked Windcharger. "You need repair as well."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Corridors

Breakdown's would-be crushing blow struck Smite's helmet at an angle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside

There was dark, oily smoke obscuring much of the prison grounds, through which sound seemed diminished (or maybe that was just one of the after-effects of the Syk). Drag Strip could see most of the fighting was over, except for small, struggling clutches of bright shapes.

The smoke shifted and there sat the most wonderful sight - Astrotrain.

Across the compound, noticing Powerflash smiling at the predicament he had caused, Backhand reached into his sub-space pocket and grabbed the first item his fingers touched, which turned out to be his other gun, a short but powerful bazooka already loaded with a frag missile.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Outside

Finback ducked and weaved running for the perimeter

Solitary

Smite pivoted soundlessly his Templar training kicking in the space he had formerly occupied empty.

The blow just glancing off his armour, he stuck out a leg in Breakdowns path

Outside

Road Rocket trundled towards the terrorcons Backhand attached to him like a living figurehead. He fired a salvo of rockets at the nearest Decepticons the rockets scraping past Backhand as they fired past him.
Roethlisberger7
Protoform

Post by Roethlisberger7 »

Corridors

The arrival of Wing Saber, Iron Fist, and Arcee gave Sky High a little hope for the injured Autobots. Maybe one of them can help them thought Sky High. "I'm going to see if I can find any Decepticon stragglers!" Sky High raised his stun gun and scythe and made his way down the corridor.

Courtyard

"There's nothing more we can do for him." Landmine looked over Crossblades wrecked body with regret. If only we could contact someone, at least we are not out of the fight, thought Landmine. Most of the Decepticons had retreated but Landmine could make out Finback and Dragstrip. "Finback's out of range, go after Drag Strip!" Landmine began to make his way over to where Skyhopper crashed to retrieve his saber.

Waverider opened fire on Drag Strip with his energy-spear gun, steadily advancing on the Stunticon. His Pretender shell began to follow Landmine.

Entry

Splashdown continued to receive static on his comm as he attempted to contact Landmine and Waverider. "I'll go see what happened to Landmine and Waverider. You go and see if there are any more Decepticons lurking about." Splashdown made his way through the wreck doors outside. "Keep in contact every one breem."

Groundbreaker nodded after Splashdown's order. "You got it!" Groundbreaker raised his thermal assault rifle and proceeded back down the corridor toward the armory.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

In Astrotrain

Shrapnel took a seat next to Kickback and Bombshell. "Good to have you two back, back."

kickback muttered, "there are some others left behind."

"Ah, it's their fault not escaping quick enough, enough." Shrapnel said with a grin. He took a piece of metal from an Autobot he killed before and chewed it.

Bombshell said, "where have we set up base?"

"Old one, one. Darkmount, Darkmount.... Heheheheh." Shrapnel said as he chewed on the metal.

"No way." Kickback said.

"it's true, true. We have a sizable army too, too." Shrapnel said. With a grin he added, "I'll make sure I command you two, two."

Corridors

To Ironfist Windcharger said. "Supposedly I am already dead, courtesy to them bloody Firecons. But by some miracle I get changed into this new body. Not that a new body is going to protect me against all those hordes of Decepticons..."

"See to the others first. There are CR chambers on sub-level two." Windcharger said as he dragged himself. He stopped and turned to Sky High, "Make sure Optimus... is informed of this."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

"We still have comrades enroute," Soundwave told Laserbeak. "Given all the trouble we went to to free them, it would be foolish to leave them here to be recaptured."

(OOC: That said, if you're not aboard Astrotrain by Monday, you're walking home. :) )

"Considering that you three are hiding inside me while there's a firefight going on," Astrotrain told the Insecticons, "I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything better than janitorial duty." He chuckled. "Also, for future reference, if you're going to scheme for advancement it's probably best to do it when I can't hear every word you're saying."
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Pyro shrugged. "I suppose it's okay to move him. I would have done it myself, but my trailer is more or less obliterated."
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Arcee, Corridors

"Since 'Bee can be moved," Arcee told the others, "I could carry him to the CR chamber, no problem." She transformed into her hovercraft mode and manouvered into the room where Bumblebee lied on the table. "Just load him on top and I can get him there quickly."

She paused. "Actually, could I get a map of this place? I'm not sure how to get to Sub-level 2."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors

Windcharger said to Arcee, "Go down two levels from that flight of stairs... Better hurry. I won't let anyone suffer Searchlight's fate."

To Pyro he said "Let's go... Our armour can't hold this much longer."

Astrotrain

Laserbeak replied to Soundwave, "I stand corrected. There's one of them running here." he gestured at Drag Strip, "But he's not gonna make it without help. I'll go."

The avian Decepticon flew out and landed in front of Drag Strip, "Greetings. How may I assist you?" he asked cynically.

Shrapnel said to Astrotrain with a grin, "Not likely, if we become janitors, your stuff will disappear into our stomach,stomach."

Bombshell said "For me, I'm handing leadership of the Insecticons to Shrapnel. The reason is that higher ranking officials get killed and assainated quickly, so that way I'll get rid of Shrapnel."

"Who would want to assainate an insect, insect?"

"Venom for one." Bombshell replied
Chip1123
Protoform

Corridors

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist walked to the table where Bumblebee was laying and picked him up gently, and then put him onto Arcee. "Loaded. Good to go."

"Do you need help?" Ironfist said to Windcharger and Pyro.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Versuvius
Protoform

Post by Versuvius »

Armory

Submarauder
was the first of the two Decepticons at the armory to see Groundbreaker approaching. "We're in trouble!"

"So it seems," hissed Iguanus. He turned to retreat down the corridor but Submarauder grabbed him by the shoulder.

"NO! Keep trying to get through, I'll hold him off!" Despite being unarmed and without his Pretender shell, Submarauder charged down the corridor at Groundbreaker.

Courtyard

Skyhopper could see Landmine and Waverider's shell approaching but knew there was nothing he could do. Due to the severe damage he'd already suffered, stasis lock was the only option.

Warehouse District

Speeding around a corner, Gunrunner came to within a few hundred yards of the retreating Decepticons. His vehicle shell sped at Astrotrain. Getting a target lock, he launched four plasma charged missiles. His plasma machine gun swiveled around and fired at Soundwave.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Courtyard

(OOC: helping others get to the ship...)

Laserbeak squawked and flew up when he saw Gunrunner coming at Astrotrain. The Cassetticon regained his professional attitude and sent a bolt of laser energy at him.

"Insecticons, give me a hand!" he shouted. He didn't come this far just to let a few Decepticons being left behind. Plus it helped to have backup.

From the edge of Laserbeak's vision he could see Shrapnel letting loose with a lightning bolt at Landmine, while Bombshell flew and dragged Drag Strip into Astrotrain.

Spying Skyhopper in trouble, Laserbeak swooped down and held the Micromaster in his talons before reentering Astrotrain.

"Now would be a good time to blast off." he said as he dropped Skyhopper on the floor.

Corridors

"I think I can walk by myself. This new body works wonders!" Windcharger said, giving a grin.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridors

"All the same, we'll stick nearby, just in case," Hound spoke, coming up beside Windcharger. "There might still be some Cons lurking around potentially."

"Well, let us not stand around," Wing Saber spoke, starting to head for the CR chambers, gingerly carrying his two charges Clampdown and Overload.

As the larger Autobot started to move out, Dirge decided to stick nearby to him for right now. His back hurt like the pit still from where Soundwave had taken his cheep shot, but he was still in close to one piece. At least his new body had passed the causual assassination attempt test...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Warehouse Outside

Highbeam crouched bhind a burning hovercar peering between it's fans

In his hand he gripped a strange instrument from it shot a beam of light a red light which appeard ont he wall of the warehouse

He whispered into a communicator

"Ah dahn't think subtles going to work anymore so ah'm painting the target with the laser dsignator."

His com crackled

"Roger that this is Bravo Flight Leader we're reading your trace and are about 30 seconds out.

~*~

Finback weaved towards the warehouse from the oposite direction to the posses position.