TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah. I'd say this thread'll probably be winding down for a bit when the movie line comes out (except for the odd exclusive that they don't pack in the movie line?). TFU's last wave of deluxes came out last month (the month before maybe?), and Henkei's starting to wind down too, no?
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

RID Scourge wrote:Yeah. I'd say this thread'll probably be winding down for a bit when the movie line comes out (except for the odd exclusive that they don't pack in the movie line?). TFU's last wave of deluxes came out last month (the month before maybe?), and Henkei's starting to wind down too, no?
I think their last ones for now are Smokescreen and (Red) Alert, which seem to be out now. I doubt I'll get Ratchet (I could make do with Animated Ratchet), but now I'm trying to decide on getting Universe Hot Shot for the "JaAm" ref, or Henkei Hot Rod (not to be confused with Hot Rodimus) for the tailpipe guns.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I would say just go for what's cheaper. He's hardly even worth the $10 that the average store charges for a deluxe figure.

It really disappoints me to say that since I started to like his character as he matured throughout Armada, but the mold isn't that fantastic to begin with, and the kibble really hinders him either visually or articulation-wise, depending on how you position it. :(
Detective Barricade

I believe it's supposed to be positioned with one half overlapping the other like an x. And I can get Henkeis for pretty good prices through a friend. Jolt on the other hand might get TF'd once, have a good laugh at, then put back into copter mode to stay.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I've tried that, but it all just kinda gets in the way. Positioning it on the shoulders is the least-invasive approach. I kinda wish they'd thought that part out a bit more. :\
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Picked up Darkwind- Cool figure. The colors are a bit bright, but I feel like they fit the mold better than those of Silverbolt.
Detective Barricade

Cosmos - A pity they didn't work in elbows, as it looks like he could have worked them in, but oh well.
Warpath - POW! Tank mode's a little BOOM! rickety, but robot mode is KAPOW! great!
Wheelie - I can't believe I'm saying this, but there's nothing to really dis! Solid bot, a slingshot he's even got!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Ive been wanting to get those legends figures, looks like I'm gonna have to order henkei's though.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Detective Barricade wrote: Wheelie - I can't believe I'm saying this, but there's nothing to really dis! Solid bot, a slingshot he's even got!
He comes with the slingshot? I've seen pics of him but not with a slingshot. I got my nephew the g1 version recently, and god damn is it ugly.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

burnitall wrote:He comes with the slingshot? I've seen pics of him but not with a slingshot. I got my nephew the g1 version recently, and god damn is it ugly.
Yes, he has a slingshot. It's not a separate piece though. Instead, it's molded into his right shoulder inside the door.
Detective Barricade

Tramp wrote:Yes, he has a slingshot. It's not a separate piece though. Instead, it's molded into his right shoulder inside the door.
Yep, it's in the right door panel, above his shoulder. He can't use it obviously, but it's there.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

burnitall wrote:He comes with the slingshot? I've seen pics of him but not with a slingshot. I got my nephew the g1 version recently, and god damn is it ugly.
Not really a slingshot. Well it is, but not a traditional weapon. It's molded into the door panel and painted, but it can't be held in his hand.

EDIT: Wow, I did not scroll down and see the 3-4 posts on this already. Whoops!
Detective Barricade

While technically Classics molds, they fit here too.

Henkei! Astrotrain is just stunning. The bullet train is the weaker of the two alt modes, but it's still not as glaring as Octane's HEMITT mode. Would've liked the train nose halves to rotate so they didn't cover his hands at the side as bad, but at least it feels secure. I'm a little concerned for the chrome on his chest plate, since that folds up into the shuttle's tail...

Henkei! Hot Rodimus is beautiful. A little tricky realigning everything for car mode, but both modes are fantastic!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

My kids gave me TFA Jazz. Not a bad figure. Not something I would have picked up for myself, but I like it.
Detective Barricade

Savannahtron wrote:My kids gave me TFA Jazz. Not a bad figure. Not something I would have picked up for myself, but I like it.
Wrong opinion thread. Though the Animated opinion thread maybe a bit buried...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

so far the only problems I have with universe is the gaps where the hands fold in, the rarity of Ratchet, silverbolt is a little "too simple" to transform for the size, and how onslaught has no decent gun. on a good note Fansproject is doing a good job cleaning up whats missing in the series... (I cant wait for the proposed Springer, "junkion", and the Rodimus upgrade kit :clap:).
"BugBite...Do you ever get the feeling like you dont belong here? You know, Like someone just stuck you in a box and sold your soul for a crapload of cash?"
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

I noticed First Aid, Blades, and Hot Spot were released...so is there a chance at seeing a Groove and Streetwise repaints for Universe? what molds do you think would be used? Then someone can kitbash a custom Universe Defensor ;D
"BugBite...Do you ever get the feeling like you dont belong here? You know, Like someone just stuck you in a box and sold your soul for a crapload of cash?"
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

I also think the Limbs would be a little misshapen seeing as Blades is a ultra class? Hot Spot is Voyager and First Aid is a deluxe class so even with another ultra and deluxe class figure it might look a little strange... like short legs or short arms depending on how the limbs attach
Clay

Post by Clay »

Burnout wrote:I also think the Limbs would be a little misshapen seeing as Blades is a ultra class? Hot Spot is Voyager and First Aid is a deluxe class so even with another ultra and deluxe class figure it might look a little strange... like short legs or short arms depending on how the limbs attach
Blades is a voyager.
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

Clay wrote:Blades is a voyager.
Ok, I wasn't too sure on what size class he was in.