TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Starfield wrote:I've only seen pictures of Prowl, but there is something about him that doesn't seem too attractive about him. Since I have only seen the pictures, maybe it is different in real life. His head seems to high on his body and his shoulders slope down and his arms seem a bit too thin. It strikes me as pretty ugly. I wanted to get Bluestreak but I'm afraid I won't like him. Can anyone tell me if the toy shows the same disproportions as I am seeing in the picture? Thanks.
Yes. Here is the Henkei version, which is basically the same, just with some Unnecassary Metallic Parts.

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/im ... ak_toy.jpg
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Starfield wrote:I've only seen pictures of Prowl, but there is something about him that doesn't seem too attractive about him. Since I have only seen the pictures, maybe it is different in real life. His head seems to high on his body and his shoulders slope down and his arms seem a bit too thin. It strikes me as pretty ugly. I wanted to get Bluestreak but I'm afraid I won't like him. Can anyone tell me if the toy shows the same disproportions as I am seeing in the picture? Thanks.

I think they were trying to avoid the "Wonderbra" look that his chest gives him. But there's always a tradeoff when you try to overhumanize em. :)
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I really like Prowl, and personally I don't think he looks weird or anything. It all looks quite proportional, and I think he looks slender without having any really awkward parts. I know some people really don't like the 'turtleneck' he has, but it doesn't really bother me at all.

Basically, I say if you want Bluestreak, go for it, but I would say see the toy in person first.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

To complete Universe Wave 1 (Deluxe, anyway), I got Octane. And that's what I'm going to call him. Tankor is a tank. Octane is a plane and truck. Plane mode is the better of the two alt modes, like Astrotrain's shuttle mode, and Blitzwing's tank mode. The truck mode isn't too bad, but he won't roll very well because of the propellers on the underside. And don't look at him from the back, as there's where his truck mode goes to ____. (you can fill in the blank) Robot is neat, except mine refuses to bring his head up all the way. It's not so bad if his head is turned. I'm still glad I got him, but I'm also happy that I got Sunstreaker and Prowl first.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Picked up Blades at Target yesterday. I just LOVE him. He's the first Blades toy that can chop Decepticons up with his, well, blades. :D I may make him more Blades-like by painting his head white and his face blue.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

I got lucky at TRU. Silverbolt's great. G2 Legends Megatron is nice. Galvatron is a huge disappointment.
Steam: Hot Shot
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:I got lucky at TRU. Silverbolt's great. G2 Legends Megatron is nice. Galvatron is a huge disappointment.
Any semi combiner looking ports or something kitbashers could shoehorn into a port on S.bolt?

Galvatron is going to be on my list of things to buy, but i still think there's too much tank kibble. So far, this is my favorite Galvy: http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... hp?t=44664
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

[quote="Treadshot A1"]Any semi combiner looking ports or something kitbashers could shoehorn into a port on S.bolt? [quote]

I wish I could say yes, but no. And honestly, I'm glad. Although I like the idea of combiners, the Scramble City ones released thus far haven't been done particularly well.
Detective Barricade

Treadshot A1 wrote:Any semi combiner looking ports or something kitbashers could shoehorn into a port on S.bolt?

Galvatron is going to be on my list of things to buy, but i still think there's too much tank kibble. So far, this is my favorite Galvy: http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... hp?t=44664
Gee, I wonder why...;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Any semi combiner looking ports or something kitbashers could shoehorn into a port on S.bolt?

tl;dr- Shameless plug. I'd never do that. *looks down*
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Anyone know if Galvy has the glitter effect on his cannon? i'd love it if that was removed. Too much glitter...*looks at his anime reissue*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Treadshot A1 wrote:Anyone know if Galvy has the glitter effect on his cannon? i'd love it if that was removed. Too much glitter...*looks at his anime reissue*
From what I've seen, there's not much, if any, glitter for the cannon. Henkei on the other hand, may pour on the glitter powder 'till it can be seen from Pluto!;)

Fixed Octane's head a bit. I unscrewed his body, and loosened the screw that holds his head on so that his neck can extend a little. It looks MUCH better now that his head no longer looks like a turtle that's withdrawn into it's shell.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Got Silverbolt. He's all right. Glad the Ultra Class got knocked down to $25 from the $30 it used to be. Probably would be better as a deluxe.

EDIT: Though he's growing on me after playing with him for a while.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Got Silverbolt today, he is alright. Does anyone know why the nose of the jet is rubber with a saw like seem where the plastic meats?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Rubber to keep from poking out a kid's eye (EDIT: or even impaled. That sucker comes to quite a point). Saw seam to make the juncture look more like a deliberate part of the jet's design as opposed to just being an obvious safety standard.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Still haven't seen any of the Ultra figures yet. The stores have the price tag on the shelf space, but none have stocked them yet. Ah, well.

Did see a Deluxe Galvatron the other day and happily refrained. :sick:
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clay wrote:Still haven't seen any of the Ultra figures yet. The stores have the price tag on the shelf space, but none have stocked them yet. Ah, well.

Did see a Deluxe Galvatron the other day and happily refrained. :sick:
Only my local Argos is stocking the Universe figures, and they only have Deluxe, Voyager and Legends, although the Ultra figures can be ordered in. The store at the Fort on the way in to Glasgow do have the Ultras in stock though - so we Scottish folks are beating you this time Clay! Alas, you can never tell which figure you'll get (although if they have multiples in stock, you can ask to see them all - but they could all be the same one...), and they cost 24.99GBP (~$50)... So, if anyone's very keen...

It would be nice to see the Universe toys in a store with shelves you can see... A bit of variety would be nice to view (I have Sunstreaker, but would like to see Tankor before I decide to buy - same with Galvatron maybe...). I haven't seen any Animated figures either.

Ach well...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I actually saw Ultras for the first time at TRU today. They had 3 Silverbolts and 3 or 4 Powerglides. No Onslaughts to be found though. Both Ultras looked cool, but I didn't have any money anyways, so no new stuff. I don't know if I would be able to decide between the two if I had a choice. I originally thought Silverbolt, but Powerglide did look nice aside from his ginormous orange boobs.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I've also only seen Silverbolt and Powerglide at TRU; however, I've seen Onslaught at Target. No new deluxes, though.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Got Gavl, Acid, and Power Glide today. They are all grate.