[Site] Character Profile Submissions

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench
Alligeance: Decepticon
Sub-Group: Obliderators
Function: Leader
Body Design: Original
Motto "I will not rest till the last Autobot is crushed to nothing and the Decepticons rule."

Character History
Clench is a being of pure rage, hate, and revenge. A born leader, He became a terrorist upon feeling slighted by the Autobots for the command position he felt he deserved. He is known for torture and for his guerilla war tactics. His methods are pure evil, and friend and foe alike fear crossing him.

Physical Abilities
Superb specimen of strength, agility, and cunning. Has rear mounted grabbing claw that can seize enemies and hold them captive, or crush them without mercy. Only a few in the Decepticon army can match his durability and strength.

Weaknesses
His fanatical zeal causes him to go overboard sometimes. His lust for revenge can cause him to get into situations where he is outmatched. His tactics can cause martyrs among the enemy.

Personal Relationships
Having served with both Motormaster and Roadblock (G2), he has working relationships with them, but his tendency to go overboard lends towards few friends.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

In this post I'll do a few additions, at the correct parts to 'Hugger, Hyperdrive and Windcharger's proflies.

Apologies to Warcry, since he just uploaded Windcharger...:p
____________________]

Windcharger

BOdy Design: Alternators

Character History
(ADDITION: During the Decepticon breakout in the Altihex prisons, Windcharger is griveously wounded by the Decepticons, especially the Firecon Cindersaur. However, a gizmo implanted by Wheeljack has rebuilt him into a new body. Now he is more powerful than before, and is more calm and collected, viewing the new body as a second chance given to him by Primus.)

Physical Abilities
(ADDITION: In his new body, Windcharger keeps all of his former abilities, and more so. Having more control of his magnetic powers, he is able to levitate, fire magnetic bolts, create magnetic shields, and even create a vortex of magnetic debris around him. However with his new body arose a new problem--his fuel consumption is really bad.)

Road Hugger
Body Design: Classics Sunstreaker

Character History
(ADDITION: Road Hugger and Hyperdrive have both joined up with Swindle and Onslaught's party, and serve as muscle for the group. Following recent events, Road Hugger have been rebuilt into a new body based somewhat on the original body of Sunstreaker. He has learned somewhat to respect Onslaught as a leader, although he would die before letting it show.)

Physical Abilities
(ADDITION: In his new non-Micromaster body, Road Hugger is equipped with twin handguns, as well as back-mounted missile ports. He is also able to wield a retractable energon blade in his wrist.)

Hyperdrive
Body Design: Modified

Character History

(ADDITION: Road Hugger and Hyperdrive have both joined up with Swindle and Onslaught's party, and serve as muscle for the group. Following recent events, Hyperdrive was gravely injured by a feral Reflector unit, and is rebuilt into a larger form of himself. He is still dumb though.)

Physical Abilities
(ADDITION: In his new body, Hyperdrive has new firearms, which are two uzi-style handguns.)

Broadside and Cosmos' profiles will be up soon. Any additions to any of my work is more than welcome.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Not too sure on the in-depth history of these two... might need help patching it up...;)

Broadside
Body Desgin: IDW

Broadside is a grumbling complainer who doesn't like using either of his alternate modes. He's mildly afraid of heights and gets a little bit seasick on the water, and he won't hesitate to let his companions know exactly how he feels. Truth be told, he's so used to it by now that he's reasonably comfortable in both environments, but he really enjoys the complaining. He's a versatile and powerful warrior, so his fellow Wreckers usually don't call him on it.

Character History
One of the Wreckers, Broadside is one of the most powerful, as well as the biggest. He is nearly twice the size of the average Autobot, and is able to change into an aircraft carrier larger than that. However, his complaining nature often puts off his friends.

He is the muscle of the Wreckers and obeys the orders of Impactor, Springer and Roadbuster when they rose up to leadership of the Wreckers. The triple changer had taken part in many battles.

Recently Broadside has been an inactive member of the Wreckers, (?) and is in Iacon, reverting back into his Cybertronian mode (although he keeps his aircraft carrier altmode just in case) enjoying the peace for now.

Physical Abilities
Broadside's robot mode is very powerful, and with added armour more so. His brute strength is coupled with his gun and axe. Although slow in robot mode, in Cybertronian jet mode he is able to reach speeds rivaling some of the fastest Autobots. In aircraft carrier mode he is large enough to flatten the opposition, both literally and physicologically. However, his tendency to complain and joke around leaves him open to opposition at times.

Personnal Relationships
Broadside is close to the other Wreckers and ex-Wreckers, especially Sandstorm, Whirl, Roadbuster, Topspin and Twin Twist. His big size and 'elite' status sometimes makes him too proud to socialize.

Cosmos
Body Design: Universe

Some Autobots think that the stars are a place of adventure, but Cosmos knows the truth: it's lonely out there. He spends most of his time in deep space, on long-range scouting missions or in planetary orbit acting as a communications satellite. These missions bore him to no end, and he often breaks the tedium by harmlessly terrorizing primitive aliens, buzzing their homes in flying saucer mode.

Character History
Cosmos was left on Cybertron when the Ark was launched and crashed on Earth. The Minibot stayed on Cybertron and is a member of the resistance there against the Decepticons. Together with Perceptor, Blaster and several other Minibots, they made their way to Earth and rejoined the Autobots there.

Recently, Cosmos has returned to Cybertron, and has been recruited by a certain Wrecker for a job.

Physial Abilities
Cosmos' ability is mostly in his energy-efficient and expertized way of cruising space. While he looks unarmed at first glance, his fingers can become artillery ports. However these are not very powerful and his small size can leave him uneffective in combat.

Personal Relationships
Cosmos is very close to the friends he has, especially the Minibots. Particullarly close to Sky Lynx (not a Minibot) and Powerglide (used to be a Minibot).
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Liege Maximo's page has been uploaded (along with a ton of location entries, including The Hub!).

And no, he's still not a playable character.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Punch
Allegiance: Autobot
Function: Double Agent
Motto: “In my business, there are no friends, only suspects.”

Character History
Punch is such a good spy that most of the Autobots don't even realize that he's on their side at all. In the guise of the Decepticon Counterpunch he has infiltrated his enemies' intelligence bureau and leaked countless bits of useful information to his Autobot handlers.

The constant looming threat of discovery has made him a nervous wreck, a condition made even worse by the increasing number of blackouts he suffers while in 'Counterpunch' mode, or the looming, malevolent presence in the back of his mind that constantly exhorts him to do villainous things. He's a mech of few words, so no one on either side realizes that his mind is host to two disparate, warring personalities struggling for control of their body.

One of his first known acts as an Autobot was to follow the Decepticons Pounce and Wingspan as they hunted for the key to the Plasma Energy Chamber. In his Counterpunch persona, he warned the Decepticons that his Punch "counterpart" was "nearby ... real nearby" before reverting to his Punch persona and attacking them. He failed in his mission, and since then the incident has haunted him; he questions why he didn't just ambush them as Counterpunch. He suspects that part of him actually wanted the Decepticons to succeed, and that this was an early manifestation of Counterpunch's emerging personality.

Since that encounter, he's been on a handful of other missions to infiltrate the Decepticons, but his reluctance increases each time he assumes the Counterpunch mode, because he fears that his disguise is taking on a life of its own. He has experienced occasional blackouts during his time in that mode, and even when he's in Punch mode, he swears he can hear Counterpunch's voice in the back of his head, taunting him and manipulating his actions.

In the current era, Punch has enjoyed the temporary peace between the Autobots and Decepticons, as it means he doesn't have to embark on any missions as Counterpunch. His life as a civilian is about to come to an end, though....

Physical Abilities
Punch is technically a triple-changer, but whereas most triple-changers possess one robot mode and two vehicle (or creature) modes, Punch has one vehicle mode (a blue Pontiac Fiero) and two robot modes. His secondary robot mode is known as the Decepticon Counterpunch. While in Counterpunch mode he displays an entirely different personality, as well as different body language and speech patterns. How much of that is a result of Punch's skill at taking on his role and how much is a result of Counterpunch taking on a life of his own is anyone's guess.

Weaknesses
Punch's insecurity is his biggest stumbling block. He is truly afraid that the life of a Decepticon is consuming him, and as a result he genuinely believes that he is developing an alternate personality. Trouble is, he might be right. As a result of his insecurity, he has a tendency to set himself up to fail.

Personal Relationships
Punch has interacted the most with Optimus Prime, who sends him on his various deep-cover missions. But amongst the other Autobots, Punch keeps himself isolated for fear that he might betray them, and he is convinced that none of them trust him -- even though most Autobots are unaware that Punch even has a Decepticon mode.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Pipeline

Alligence:Autobot
Function:Engineer
Motto:"If your defenses are up,you can never be hurt."

Pipeline is quiet and guarded. He's always careful about what he says, even around his Autobot comrades. Pipeline is someone who doesn't make friends easily, but he's so wrapped up in his work that he hardly notices. He's a perfectionist, whether he's working on a construction assignment or defending an important base from Decepticon assault. He tends to butt heads with his partner Gusher,but it is usually over minute details.

Character History

Along with Gusher, Pipeline is in command of a construction crew assigned by the Autobot Corps of Engineers to help with the rebuilding work in Protihex. Unfortunately, he's been sucked into the nascent conflict between the locals and the Space Mafia.

Personal Relationships

He gets along quite well with Gusher as a result as a mental link and years of service together.Other relationships tend to be bussiness and work related,though he is good friends with Hot House and Ironworks.He has a slightly antagonistic relationship with the AI Construct who is with him everywhere.

Gusher

Alligence:Autobot
Function:Engineer
Body Design:Original
Motto: "Leave the Enemy spitting dust and bolts"

Gusher is a combative person who doesn't work well with others,ordering them around however,he does well. Despite that, he's found himself assigned as co-foreman of a heavy Micromaster transport with fellow Autobot Pipeline. He enjoys their construction and demolition duties, but really comes alive when he gets a chance to fight back against any Decepticons foolish enough to attack their work sites.

Character History

A former thief,his larcenic ways have passed along to his partner in curious ways along thier bussiness routes.He is not as reformed as he'd have many think.Along with Pipeline, Gusher is in command of a construction crew assigned by the Autobot Corps of Engineers to help with the rebuilding work in Protihex. Unfortunately, he's been sucked into the nacent conflict between the locals and the Space Mafia.

Personal Relationships

Gusher gets along fairly well with Pipeline and despite his bossy attitude gets along with several other.Hothouse and Ironworks he gets along with well much like Pipeline.He also gets along with the AI Construct that follows him and Pipeline around.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The profiles that I posted some time ago can be uploaded. Sorry for disturbing!:D

And I controlled Kickback, even if only for five posts! :p
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

@ Ziggy:

About Turbofire's picture... Well, I think IDW has him in Soptlight Arcee, although a single panel cameo... Thought you'd be interested. :D

tfwiki.net/wiki/Turbofire
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Yeah, I know. It's kind of small though, isn't it? Plus, the one I'm thinking of his body is obstructed by the other Autobots in the foreground.

EDIT: The problem with Turbofire is that he isn't featured all that much in TF media (to my knowledge, though I could be embarrassingly wrong). So good, clear images of him are hard to come by. Hence, the use of the so-so package art. Could always use a better scan of it, since the image quality up on the Turbofire page is kind of icky.

RE:EDIT: I'll get to your profiles, if Warcry doesn't first. Soon. I promise. Though, I noticed some of them already have pages or the info has been uploaded.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

That's why... It's the problem with obscure characters. It's fun inventing them (I love your incarnation of Banzaitron and Blades) They have soooo little pictures in fiction. While G1 obscures now get their pics from Dreamwave's MTMTE, G2 characters don't have such luck. Poor guys.

Yes, I checked the book. Turbofire's covered by that big red bloke in the center. Who is that? One of the G2 guys again I think.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

And why did we list Turbofire as G1 on the character list? [[Note to self: fix that later]]

I think Turbofire may have appeared in the UK G2 comics, actually, but I don't have scans of them to pull an image from (if there's even any good shots of him in there). I've found pics for a couple obscure G2 guys sourced from there, I think...Blaze for sure.

I've got Blackjack's updates queued up and ready to go with my next revision, it's just a matter of finding the time to get to it. :)
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Warcry wrote: I've found pics for a couple obscure G2 guys sourced from there, I think...Blaze for sure.
I do. Lots of them. Lots and lots of 'em. They just...kind of appeared one day. Wonder how. It's so strange :glance:

so many....
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Writing profiles for G2 characters makes my brain hurt. :(

[EDIT]I've updated the Seeker page with some of the named generics who've shown up over the years, but I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

ooo... Starfall got her own page!:up:
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Warcry wrote:Writing profiles for G2 characters makes my brain hurt. :(
Yeah, it can be a little challenging, especially if the G2-er hasn't been featured in any fiction. Incidentally, I scavenged up few images for the G2 Go-bots, etc, profiles - plus, I own the the G2 books with plenty-o-images of the Laser Rods, etc, that I can use. I'll crop 'em, and doctor 'em at some point and then stick 'em in there designated profiles.

Oh, speaking of G2 characters....

Road Rocket
Skram
Leadfoot

...are up!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Someone's been re-reading Spotlight: Galvatron...

Skram > everyone, incidentally. Leadfoot is also awesome.

*bases assessment of G2 characters on whether or not he had the toys as a kid*
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

G2 characters hmm? How about Japanese characters? :)

Browning is as small as a human gun, be it in robot mode or gun mode. Of course this puts him at an disadvantage in fights against other transformers. His childlike impish mind is still new to the a war he never asked to be a part of. However he tries to be optimistic about it and tries his best in support work with his new "family"... Gigatron's Decepticons.

Character History
He may be small and cute, but Browning is still a Decepticon. Only the size of a earthen gun, Browning was first created by the human partners of the Godmaster Overlord, to serve as entertainment for their adopted "son" Cancer.

However, a Decepticon is still a Decepticon, no matter how child-like his programming. Soon Browning enrolled with the real Decepticon army and his childlike mind was horrified by the harsh brutality of the war.

He has joined Gigatron's troops in hopes of a better future.

Physical Abilities
Browning's most powerful ability, which is also his Achilles' Heel, is his relatively small size, which is extreme, even smaller than humans and Micromasters. Browning is unique, perhaps the only Transformer in this size. This allows him to slip into enemy fortresses undetected.

As a gun Browning can generate any sort of chemicals and can shoot bullets and laser in times of need.

Personal Relationships
Raised by eccentric humans to say the least, Browning is very attached to Cancer, as well as the Decepticon army as a whole, who he deems as his family.

Barrage

Character History
Barrage is left on Cybertron while the three other Insecticons are on Earth. Serving under Venom's command, he was among those serving on the Cybertron-bound Insecticons.

Much later, he joined up with Gigatron's forces alongside Venom.

Personal Relationships
Barrage has few friends, mostly due to the others shying away from him. However Barrage has found an unlikely friend in the Triggercon Ruckus and is pretty close to him. He's also rather close with the other Insecticons, despite many of the others going separate ways in the Civil War.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack wrote:he was among those in the first Mayhem Attack Squad.
No, he wasn't. Barrage and Ransack didn't show up in the Marvel comics at all -- only Venom and Chop Shop were Mayhems.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Name: Governor
Allegiance: Only to himself
Motto: "Crush the weak before you as you climb for the top"
Body Design: http://www.langleymodels.co.uk/acatalog/LM-RW16.JPG
Current Player: Optimusskids
Former Player: None

Once a petty gang leader Governorwas arrogant and egotistical enough to believe he could take on the Space Mafia and survived. Manipulated and encouraged by Wingspan a spart of his internecine war with Soundwaves security services so far he has suceeded and his criminal Empire has grown. Having fled Polyhex during the recent unrest he is busy carving himself new territory in Protihex

Character History

Governor lead vicious and bloody gang warfare against the Space Mafia. He has managed to stay alive despite the attempts of Black Shadow and Blue Bacchus and helped by inside information leaked to him by Wingspan.

Physical Abilities

Governor's Alt mode can crush a wide range of substances , although he favours mechanoids. He is adept with his war hammer whose tip conceals a gun barrel as an ace in the hole.

Personal Relationships

Governor has minions rather than friends. The only person he could be said to be close too is Ironsides his loyal bodyguard. His deadly rival is Black Shadow and his Space Mafia organisation.

Name: Transmission
Allegiance: Cybertronian Broadcasting Corporation
Motto: A picture is worth a thousand words
Body Design: Sanstorm repaint Sea King style helicopter in Dark Blue and Silver with plenty of camera mounts and utility buggy

A veteran of the many wars between the Autobots and Decepticons , this vet decided to give up the soldiers life and put his scouting skills to work in the civilian field. Haunted by the almost total destruction of his unit he still gets the occasional flashback. Following this he was retired from field work and retrained as a photographic interpreter. This was the start of his love affair with photography in all is guises. He is a bit gadget mad and a bit of a pack rat hauling round various attachments lenses, filters, cameras, light meters and other photographic paraphenalia.

He is a gruff but good natured mech . He is a bit of a shade tree mechanic having picked up basic mechanics through necessity even if his favourite tool is gaffer tape. Transmission carries a pair of double barrelled shot guns in hidden leg holsters just in case. His past history has left him loathe to be without some kind of weapon just in case. He has a cynical view of the world and often thinks the worst of others and can be a shade pessimistic.

Character History

A dedicated reporter of the news , he tends to stay outside of the seamy side of news reporting. He and his crew have covered many of recent significiant events and their presence has had unforseen effects on the actions of those he has been reporting on.

Physical Abilities

Talented Camera mech , a natural at gettingthat perfect bit of footage and also a skilled film editor.

Personal Relationships

Devoted to his crew of Catady , Static and even Transcan despite good natured ribbing to the contrary.

Name: Static
Allegiance: Cybertronian Broadcasting Corporation
Motto: A picture is worth a thousand words
Alt Mode light blue and bronze repaint of Hoist with equipment replacing the towing assembly and a camera and sat dish replacing the orange. Both mounted on swivels so they can face forward when transformed.

Character History

A fast talking former sonar and radar operator. Strangers often assume that too long listening to pings has left Static a little strange in the head and otherwordly either that or on some kind of drugs . This is far from the truth his friends know that his distracted expression is often down to him tuning into the nearest radio broadcast, while also having a conversation with you.

In fact he comes across as the innocent abroad to Transmissions hardened cynic. He is unashamedly curious and scans the airwaves picking up transmissions and useful and useless information. A fount of general knowledge, which he will share, whether his listener wants to or not. He is always one of the first picked at the CBC's annual Quiz night. He keeps tuned up running after Catady , keeping her in shot as she reports live and often on the move.

Physical Abilities

He is also equipped with a Tailbreaker style forcefield generator that allows him to generate a forcefield around himself for short durations. This is one of the reasons he has survived so long with Catady and the dangerous situations she loves.

His wrist socket can be fitted with an extendable boom microphone and he also has a head mounted scanner for picking up sounds and for surfing the airwaves. He is trained in tape and digital editing and carries a portable transmission and editing facility in his load bed.

Personal Relationships

Absolutely devoted to Catady. He suffers from a bad case of hero worship around her.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Moonracer
Alligeance Autobot
Body Design Original, for now
Motto "Underestimate me to your peril."

Personality
Compared to her comrades, Moonracer is young and naive. She's happy and bubbly, always laughing and trying to cheer up her fellow Autobots. She's a talented sharpshooter, but worries that no one takes her seriously because they think she's cute. (From the TFArchive RPG Wiki)

Character History
Moonracer, while one of the younger Autobots, has been fighting for pretty much the entire time she's been operational. She was brought online four million years ago, very shortly before the team of Autobots led by Optimus Prime departed in the Ark spaceship. The Ark's crew disappeared in a battle with the Decepticon's Nemesis ship shortly after that, and Moonracer remained on Cybertron as one of the few Autobots left on the planet, serving under Elita-One's command.

She and the rest of her team managed to survive on the Decepticon-dominated Cybertron as a scrappy resistance cell for the next four million years, and in recent times they discovered that the Ark team had survived on a planet called Earth. This allowed them to reunite with their long-lost comrades for a brief period before the two teams once again went their separate ways.

Moonracer hasn't changed much in four million years. She's still the same brash, light-hearted mech she's always been, though she's less of a rookie than she once was. She's still trying to prove herself as a capable soldier, but she's clearly more valuable as a morale officer.

Physical Abilities
Moonracer is a talented sharpshooter, and she has weapon ports built into her vehicle mode so that she can fire her handguns in both modes. Her vehicle mode is a Cybertronian equivalent of a sports car, and her speed and manouverability in that mode is matched by few.

Even so, as it appears that being reformatted into new body styles and alt modes is all the rage these days, she's currently looking into a new body design for herself -- maybe an Earth vehicle or something. Problem is, she can't decide on what her reformatted body should look like.

Weaknesses
Moonracer isn't very strong or well-armored, making her a liability in some battles. However, her biggest weakness is her tendency to leap first and look later. She's so desperate to prove that she is as capable as any other Autobot that she routinely gets in over her head. Honestly, while she's far from incompetent, it's a wonder she's survived four million years.

Personal Relationships
Moonracer is very close with the other members of the small resistance cell on which she served on Cybertron. They served as her family, and she had little contact with any other Autobots during that time. As a result, Moonracer was hit hard by Elita-One's recent demise. She still keeps in close contact with Chromia and Firestar, and of the Autobots who'd departed on the Ark, she was the closest to Powerglide. The recent periods of peace bored her immensely, but with the resumption of Decepticon-related violence, Moonracer is starting to involve herself with the Autobot cause once again, allowing her to interact with Autobots with whom she'd had little previous contact. She's planning to show them all just how awesome she is.