Animated Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Vincent wrote:I have to ask, but WHEN ARE WE GETTING OMEGA SUPREME?

It's not my fault. It's the cartoon's. They made him look too awesome, and though I'm not a fan of big sizes I'm willing to dish out the cash for whatever size he'll be in.
There hasn't been any word yet as to if they're even going to make Omega Supreme, but I remember hearing Hasbro say that they were going to do as many of the characters as possible, or something along those lines. And Omega Supreme will more than likely be Supreme class. ($50+)

I recently got Animated Leader Megatron, and he is definitely one of the best Megatrons we've had in a while! For Animated, I would say that there's only two Megatron figures worth getting: the Leader class and the upcoming Activators version for those who like wee figures, on a strict budget (price and/or space), or like the Activators!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I haven't gotten any since Lugnut. :( I hope the newer stuff comes out soon. Can't wait for Jazz and Soundwave to show up. I'm definitely liking the better ones a lot more than initially anticipated.

I absolutely love [two-pack] Prime, Grimlock and Lockdown. The first two have the kind of bulk I'd imagine for warriors of their stature (one's the leader of a warring faction. As leader he sees a lot of action, so he'd have to be comparatively strong to survive, and the other is kind of the resident bull in a China shop).

Lugnut is cool enough. Probably would score higher except that only one side of the cockpit locks in place in bomber mode (I'm going to chalk it up to my getting a bad figure. He actually looks pretty cool standing like a sentry with the mace in his hand). Still better than I expected though. So that's a plus for him.

Ratchet is not a waste of money, but he's definitely not as cool as he initially looked.
Detective Barricade

RID Scourge wrote:Ratchet is not a waste of money, but he's definitely not as cool as he initially looked.
Is it because of the odd "magnets" he has? Or is it that he doesn't have space to store his tools in vehicle?
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I got Wave 3 Deluxes. My opinions:

Jazz: He was the one I was most looking forward too, and he does not disappoint. He looks fantastic in his car mode. The transformation is smooth and his robot mode is awesome. Lots of poseability and his nunchuncks make great weapons.

Snarl: I'm not impressed with Snarl, he's my least favorite of this wave. First of all he is way to small for a Dinobot, even compared to the other deluxes, he's tiny. His club is boring and, like Grimlock, has no where to attach to in his Dino mode. The Dino mode itself is not bad. The robot mode is bad though. His Dino head sticks out too far from his body. His head and limbs are too small. And there is almost no poseability with him.

Oilslick: I was originally not planning to get him, but seeing him on the shelf I just had to give him a try. I'm glad I did, because he's a pretty cool figure. The motorcycle looks badass with the Ram head and he stands a lot better than Prowl does. Robot mode is pretty cool, I really like his chain barrel weapon. Only thing I don't like is his head. They really should have just given him a normal one.

Soundwave: His van mode is very simple, I wish they had added a bit more paint apps to it, especially on the back. Laserbeak is an awesome accessory for his robot mode. The transformation got a little tricky because I couldn't get his chest to move up properly, but I figured it out eventually. Robot mode is decent, the arms seem a little flimsy though. Once again, love Laserbeak as an accessory.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Blitzwing wrote: Snarl: I'm not impressed with Snarl, he's my least favorite of this wave. First of all he is way to small for a Dinobot, even compared to the other deluxes, he's tiny. His club is boring and, like Grimlock, has no where to attach to in his Dino mode. The Dino mode itself is not bad. The robot mode is bad though. His Dino head sticks out too far from his body. His head and limbs are too small. And there is almost no poseability with him.
I have to agree that Snarl is a bit of a letdown, especially the robot mode. The dino mode is really just fine, no complaints there, but the robot mode does suffer. I don't think that articulation is that bad really, but the way the dino head sticks way out from his body, and the massive gaps in his torso between each arm are definite design flaws. Snarl feels like the least put together Animated figure in my mind. Oh, and he is way small for a Dinobot, shorter than Bumblebee even!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Detective Barricade wrote:Is it because of the odd "magnets" he has? Or is it that he doesn't have space to store his tools in vehicle?
Magnets? 'Sbeen a while since I picked him up. That and his beer gut's a bit more pronounced than I expected, and the hood only bends about 3 degrees down. Oh, and one of the arms' crowbars likes to pop out when I pull the arm out enough so that it bends.
Detective Barricade

RID Scourge wrote:Magnets? 'Sbeen a while since I picked him up. That and his beer gut's a bit more pronounced than I expected, and the hood only bends about 3 degrees down. Oh, and one of the arms' crowbars likes to pop out when I pull the arm out enough so that it bends.
If those are the parts that flip out when his arm is bent, then those are "supposed" to be his magnets. Once I get him, he'll be using his other tools instead. (like his hammer and screwdriver!)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ah. I thought those were crowbars of some sort. Was wondering why he had two.

You know who actually fits quite nicely into this line? Cybertron Crumplezone. His rather apelike arms and the huge jaw definitely give him a very Animated-style look.

That makes me happy since he was my surprize love of Cybertron (I thought I'd hate him from photos I saw, but I picked him up because I wanted to buy a tf and I had pretty much everyone I wanted at the time. He turned out to be one of my favorites from the line).

Which reminds me of Energon Demolisher who also fits to I didn't think I'd like him, but figured I'd give him a shot and ended up loving him. He'd actually be a nice fit, too. Guess I've got two more decepticons for my Animated ranks.
Detective Barricade

Energon Demolishor would almost fit as a Long Haul!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Just picked up Jazz and the Motorcycle from Hell today. Both are good, but I wish Jazz's paint apps were better, and that Oil Slick had a longer chain.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Found Jazz and Soundwave tonight. Jazz's legs are weird and Soundwave's a bit stumpy, but they look really cool. Plus their accessories are nunchucks and a guitar so I can't hate. :up:
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Now knowing how Snarl's dino head is supposed to be in robot mode, I really want him. I saw him, Soundwave, Jazz, and Oil Slick the other day at Wal-Mart, but I didn't get any of them (on account of saving money for Blades)
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:Now knowing how Snarl's dino head is supposed to be in robot mode, I really want him...
i like to lift the head up and make him look like a minotaur... coolest thing about him... he's in a battle pose with my "god of war" kubrick figure... it's great!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Clay

Post by Clay »

Are Blackarachnia and Ratchet awful or something? At most of the stores I've been to, those two are stocked in great numbers with few of any other deluxe figures remaining.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Clay wrote:Are Blackarachnia and Ratchet awful or something? At most of the stores I've been to, those two are stocked in great numbers with few of any other deluxe figures remaining.
I think it's because Blackarachnia is "the girl" and Ratchet is "the old man". Both are nice figures.
Steam: Hot Shot
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Yet in Bw Transmetals 2, a person could rarely find a Blackarachnia lol. They look great - I just want my Powerglide and Silverbolt right now..
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Clay wrote:Are Blackarachnia and Ratchet awful or something? At most of the stores I've been to, those two are stocked in great numbers with few of any other deluxe figures remaining.
Blackarachnia is one of my least favorite figures for the transformation. There isn't a lot going on there. Still its a good figure, but not exceptionally great with the alt-mode. Ratchet however is a very well rounded figure, I can't really complain about Ratchet..nice figure with a nice transformation scheme. I think it has more to do with the fact that they are not as popular as the other figures, and there has always seemed to be more of them than any other figure since day one of the launch. I'm guessing they are the most common packed ones in a case, and the others are more short packed, but this is pure speculation on my part.
Detective Barricade

I think it has to do with those two being from Animated Deluxe Wave 2. They're the only ones in a Wave 2 case, so the shelves get stocked with more of them. (though, I'm only guessing) But the last time I was in Wal-Mart, aside from the Allspark Power Movie figures, Animated Lockdown and Universe Sunstreaker were the only deluxe figures there. If I'd known that Animated Prowl and Bumblebee were going to be hard to find, I'd have bought them sooner!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Speaking of Blackarachnia, I need a new grapnel. I lost mine...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

DOn't have BA, but I wasn't really all that wowed by Ratchet. He's all right, but he just barely scrapes over the line into being worth the deluxe price, imo.