Unlucky for some-Encore #13

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well if I'm being honest, I'd like them to release a Monstructor reissue boxset. Yes, yes..I realize you guys are thinking "why!!??", but it was indeed one of my favorites as a child and I'd love to be able to once again have one at an affordable price. Of course I know this will likely never happen, but that would be my wish.

My other big wish would be a reissue of G1 Bludgeon. Another one of my favorites, more for his comic character than the actual toy, but as a kid they were one and the same more or less. I could see this one maybe happening in the west at any rate due to the comic, but I don't know how popular the character was in Japan, I'm guessing not very.

Barring those wishes, a reissue of Gnaw the Sharkticon would be nice to me. I realize their is a KO out these days, but an affordable official reissue would be really nice for me.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:They're both bigger than any film or comic they appear in deal (the muddying issue in the comparison being those two are basically solo acts).
Wolverine a better example? :(

David Beckham?

Transcendental character identification.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

electro girl wrote:i would like to see scorponok and tripticon
has jazz been re released?
Yes Jazz was Encore #8 hes not strictly G1 accurate as the Martini Porsche bits now say Agent Meister buts its close enough.
They have also dragged him into the 21st Century by using pre-applied Tampographs for the decals rather than stickers probably because of how much of a 'mare the ones for the back arches are to apply.(same goes for Stepper/Ricochet as well)
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Cliffjumper wrote:And to be a general bastard in relation to hopes for Overlord/Star Saber/Dai Atlas/Deathsaurus, it should be remembered that the post-US stuff was spectacularly unpopular in Japan...

Maybe they'd be more popular in western countries? :( [/desperate attempt to get above figures reissued]
Cliffjumper wrote:The key to the Star Convoy reissue is that he's Convoy. It's difficult to find a comparison, but basically Convoy is considerably more popular than Transformers itself over there (again, it goes back to the long tradition of Animes with a single, starring robot - Tetsujin-28, Mazinger, Combattra, Voltes V, etc, etc.)...

Sadly, the merger appears to have saddled Takara with some businessmen. This is why there seem to be more Convoy-related releases than ever at the moment.
So does that mean no Grandus or Sky Garry? Me want Triple combination Battlestar attack...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Trypticon would be a nice reissue, if only since the bastard came with a bevy of small parts meant to swivel in his motors! Bludgeon might not be a bad stopgap for them either in terms of how much money they'd probably stand to make, especially if it had a sword this time..
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=45204

And the winner is.......none of us.
Not one one of us managed to peg TB or Hoist as #13 but Im glad TB is getting another release as my one is missing all his accessories and has had to borrow bits from one of my Hoists just for something to put in the holes at the end of his arms.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

Guys does anyone know if there is a possibility of them reissueing the Dinobots or the Constructicons? I'd love to have them both.

Other combiners I would also like to see and maybe some G1 cars.

Dead End :"If we give away our energon cubes we're doomed.

Break Down :"If we don't we're doomed too.

Dead End :"Face it We're Doomed
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Unfortunately the dinobots and constructicons have been reported as destroyed or missing iirc. :(
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

IIRC? sorry can't keep up with the anchronyms... :D

RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

If I recall correctly.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

RID Scourge wrote:Unfortunately the dinobots and constructicons have been reported as destroyed or missing iirc. :(
Dunno bout the dinos, but i thought somewhere stated that only the piranhacon and i think abominus moulds survived, though we do know Predaking survived due to the reissue. Not sure bout Abimnus though. Might be wrong on that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Menasor is gone?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Dunno bout the dinos, but i thought somewhere stated that only the piranhacon and i think abominus moulds survived, though we do know Predaking survived due to the reissue. Not sure bout Abimnus though. Might be wrong on that.
Combaticons would have survived (I'd imagine) since they were used in Car Robots, RID*2 and Universe.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Devvy's gone, Menasor's gone...What about the Autobot combiners? Are Superion, Defensor, and Computron gone? What about Monstructor or Japanese combiners like Road Caesar and Liokaiser?
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Chances are that anything that hasn't been reissued by now probably won't be, unless Takara manages to pull a rabbit out of their hat.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I think I might get this set. If they do 14, I would hope for something like Fort Max or another base class type.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Superion was used in G2, as were Road Caesar and 4/6 of Liokaiser...I would KILL for a Reissue Liokaiser.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Seeing as Grimlock, Snarl and Slag were reissued for G2 (unlike the Motorvators or Rescue Force, which were G1 toys...), there's plenty of chance for the moulds to have gone missing since then. Similarly, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, the Protectobots, Aerialbots and Stunticons came out again the same time the Road Caesar/Liokaiser moulds were used in Europe.
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

Aha tnx R.I.D. Scourge.

Well ok then it's just waiting to see what Takara brings out next.