[Original RPG] Detente: Expensive Mistakes (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Arminius
Protoform

Post by Arminius »

(OOC: Blackjack, Gutcruncher is trying to escape Kolkular before Megatron's forces detect him. Sorry for the confusion.)

Kolkular-Outskirts

The shuttle's monitor indicated significant Decepticon activity in the Altihex region, which interested Skystalker greatly. Perhaps I can be of use there! "Computer, change course destination to Altihex!" He pushed down on the throttle. "Affirmative, ETA to Altihex, 2.3 breems," droned the computer. The shuttle made a hard right turn and took off toward Altihex.

Kolkular-Hangar

Gutcruncher pulled himself out from under some rubble, reminding himself to not do something like that again. The entrance to the hangar had been blown away and his jet looked to have received minor damage from the resulting explosion.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Kolkular

"Frag this!Duck,all of you!"Bombshock yelled at Steelshredder and Ransack subbed in one of his few remaining kamikaze bombs, and leaned over what little was left of the protective railing.He threw it,letting it stick to one of the remaining seekers.He quickly did a count of how many of the things he had left as it counted down.

"Kamikaze three,kamikaze two,kamikaze one.Suuuurprise!"He counted one of his bombs left when it exploded,and took out the roof,and most of the upper hallways,and warped the area where the group was hiding.He gave a sigh as an arm,along with the howitzer in it,spun by him and landed.It was nice and crispy.That should get some attention.He leaned back,too wounded to bother getting up at the moment.
~~~~~~~~

"Blackjack's gotta point Detour."Dropshot answered,begining to get bored again.He'd killed,certainly,but not enough to quite sate him. "Besides,our group is assualt.You two are scouts.Big,loud,and annoying is good for our groups,as for scouts,quick and tiny always works."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

OOC- Sorry I am late!

Predaking let out a roar and suddenly disnengaged.

"Hmph, looks like you have quite the gang." Razorclaw said looking at Megatron.

"If you need a combine squad count us in." He said extending his hand.

OOC- Sorry I am spacing been a long few weeks.

Hatemonger waited for a report on how the misson was going.

OOC- Just feel me in in game :)
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: About time too, Ravage! Anyway missing RPG for real life is okay.)

Streets

Misfire gave a relieved sigh as Predaking stood down. "Lord Megatron has a way with them."

"Quite true..." Aimless chimed in, looking as Skystalker flew away. Still recovering from the encounter with Dark Walk, realizing that the spectre is just another frecky Transformer, he wondered what else in store for him. Combiners, body splitters, ghosts, planet chomping demigods, tiny mechs... What next?

Kolkular

"Actually our group is advance assault, we spread confusion and chaos among the front lines. Infiltration and scouting is just multi-tasking we do." Blackjack said. "Your group, on the other hand, you utterly crush and destroy the enemy into itty bitty pieces. Demolitions and destruction is your forte, anyway. We appreciate you pulling our fat most of the time."

"But a big body would protect us from injuries." the cowardy Detour defended.

"That's where you got it wrong. Heavy armoury protects up from injuries. Big body without the armour, like Windsplitter here, gets the chop." Blackjack said. "Heavy armour, big body but without brains and skill, like that guard Dropshot killed--Rummage I think, gets the chop too. Dropshot draws a balance between all."

"What about us then? We get blasted all the time" Detour asked.

"You are welcome to change into a larger body. Perhaps it will cure you of your cowardice and make you useful in battle. However I will stick with this." Blackjack said with a smile.

Steelshredder did as what he was told to and ducked just in time when the kamikaze bomb detonated. "You got a seriously funny sense of humour." he said as he got up, and dusted off debris off his body.

"Just don't throw that kind a' bomb at me..." he said. Slag, I lost a hand as he looked at the battered and nonresponsive limb hanging lifelessly from his shoulder.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Kolkular

"I only got one left to use.Why would I use it on you,unless I wanted some fun?"Bombshock laughed heavily at Steelshredder before picking himself up. "I ain't named Bombshock for just any reason anyways.There's a certain ring of irony when battle comes.Give me the resources,and I will give you all sorts of fun explosives.Kamikaze's my pet though."He turned to Ransack"You all right flyboy?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uh yeah....the kamikaze bomb that killed Rummage was Bombshocks."Dropshot told Blackjack. "I'm generally tyring to stay out of his camp,because toy tinkering is not my idea of going into a fight.My guns and my hands,like Windsplitter over there,is goooood fighting.And fine your advanced assault....still scouts,just with guns and explosives."He gave a smirk. "And if you want a good one Detour, with your capablities as a bulk,go with an IFV or battle buggies.Speed and armor.Oh and guns."He added the last quickly.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Streets

Megatron took Razorclaw's hand and shook it.

"You've made the right choice, my friend," he said. "Welcome back to the Decepticon army."

Then, speaking to the entire group that he'd gathered around him, he said, "Now then, my Decepticons...we have business at Kolkular. Follow me."

As he walked, he gestured for Razorclaw to stay within earshot, and for Acid Storm and Jaggor to join them.

"And what, pray tell, are you doing here?" he asked the seeker.

"New recruits," Acid Storm told him. He jerked his head at his charge. "Jaggor here commands a security unit that wishes to join our side."

"Is that so?" Megatron gave Jaggor an evaluative look. "Why?"

Kolkular

"Minibots seem to do the job just fine," Overkill remarked to Blackjack. "Larger bodies don't necessarily mean turning into Trypticon."

Ransack pressed his back up against a wall and scowled as the heat from Bombshock's grenade exploded.

"Dammit, don't do that! You'll bring this rickety old shack down on top of our heads!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Stadium

Jolt casually plundered some eneron goodies from a vendors stores and offered them around.

"Gentlemechs, while we wait...."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

"Maybe." Blackjack said, "but if you notice, Minibots are just... too big. Why do middle-size when you can be extremes?"

Blackjack then took out a communicator and dialed Hatemonger and Megatron, "This is Blackjack. Kolkular is ours, all that is left to do is to round up some rebels, which Bombshock is doing right now."

Detour said to Dropshot, "But then, battle buggies aren't necessary fast."

Steelshredder picked up his slightly bent rotor blades with his left hand and said, "shall we continue?" This is not going too well...

Streets

Misfire landed behind Acid Storm in robot mode, and Aimless hopped to his shoulder.

"Well, what have you been doing before the Civil War?" He tried to strike a conversation with Divebomb.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Streets

With Predaking surrendering almost graciously to Megatron after all the ineffective fighting, Jaggor found the great Decepticon leader walking towards him. He froze. Megatron was right before him, looking up at his face, asking him a question and all he could do was freeze in total confusion.

"Ah, hero worship," sighed a hollow voice and Dark Walk's shadowy figure ghosted up behind Jaggor, framing his upper body and head. "Please, forgive my colleague, my Lord."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Kolkular

"It doesn't have much of a roof to bring down around our heads anyways now."Bombshock told Ransack quite defensively. "And it cleared the hallways.We're still standing,and we're alive.That's two counts against the very dead enemy."He then turned to Steelshredder. "Yeah,let's find a way back down and out of here.A medic or two too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes.So are IFV's."Dropshot told Blackjack. "The point is to get the job done though.Which brings us back to the original point.Your choice Detour."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Razorclaw motioned for the other Predacons to get in line and the did lining up behind their leader.

Razorclaw followed Megatron transforming back into his loin mode as the other Predacons transformed back into their animal forms as well.

Roadblock sighed with relief and got back into his tank and rolled forward.

Hatemonger listened to Blackjack.

"Excellent work. There really hasn't been much resistance here." He said looking around carefully. "So stay on your toes."
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Streets

"Of course," Megatron said dryly. It was good, after all, to see that the plebeians still held an appropriate level of awe for their master. He shifted his attention to Dark Walk and asked, "And you are...?"

Stadium

"Why, thank you," Mudslinger said as he took some energon from Jolt. After downing a bit of it, he frowned and said, "I wonder what's taking them so long?"

Greasepit's Garage

Highjump waited carefully in the dark until the Decepticon was moving past him, then quickly darted out, clocked him on the back of his head with a wrench, then jab an electric prod into the base of his neck. Greasepit slumped in his arms and he dragged the insensate Decepticon out to the front of the building.

"Lets go," he told Tote.

Kolkular

"Yes, lets," Ransack agreed with Steelshredder, pointedly not even looking in Bombshock's direction as he did so.

He's insane, the scout thought. Blowing up this and blowing up that without ever bothering to stop and think what kind of effect it's going to have on the world around him.

"For my part, frankly, I'd just be happy with a transformation system that works properly," Overkill grumbled, mostly to himself. "The extra size would just be a bonus. Plus, it would really be nice to get around on my own without spending half of my life inside Soundwave, which is even creepier than it sounds, actually."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Streets

"I am Dark Walk, Lord Megatron," the shadow replied, performing a bow in mid-air behind Jaggor. "I was Stroll..."

He paused. No, of course - Megatron would never remember a Scientist like himself, no matter how infamous in his own field of expertise. His personal animosity with Shockwave was legend only among those units interested in sub-space physics.

"We have come to offer you our service," Dark Walk continued. "Gigatron's presence on the planet - in this universe - must be opposed and, if possible, removed."

At the back of the watching crowd, Loadstone wondered whether he should go join the others or slink away somewhere quiet and curl up. His gun was still smoking in his trembling hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Kolkular

Solder rose from behind a stack of crates and began to edge his way back into the safety of the lower corridors. The explosions had startled him and he had no intention of waiting for his contact any longer.

Down, down, down many levels below him, down in the ancient heart of the fortress, his Master waited.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Arminius
Protoform

Post by Arminius »

Kolkular-Hangars

Gutcruncher limped into the hangar, his left leg badly damaged by the explosion he caused. Serves you right! Still an alternate option had not presented itself and there wasn't time to think of one with Megatron's Decepticons converging on the area. He climbed aboard his stratotronic jet and prepared to depart.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

"I think you should go into something Grimlock-esque. But then... some of your fellow Cassetticons actually love Soundwave, no?" Blackjack said to Overkill, "and as for Detour... He only cares for speed. The better for him to run away with."

"HEY!"

"Don't lie..." Blackjack was about to continue when Hatemonger's transmission came in, "Sure thing boss."

Streets

Misfire sauntered up to the shivering Loadstone. Poor guy. Must be new to war... Can't even hold a gun straight... I can, I just can't hit too well.

The pink Targetmaster said to the mech, "We haven't talked a lot. I am the Targetmaster Misfire and this is my Nebulan partner Aimless. Who are you?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Over Kokular

Transmission banked over the fortress his IFF broadcasting on the press frequency.

"Hope you're getting some good footage."
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Kolkular

Bombshock led the other two down a twisted and warped stairway,taking little note on how much Ransack was ignoring him.Aside from a medic,he was on the look out for anything he could possibly concote into a bomb or a highly active explosive.Maybe even voice circuitry,make a laughing version of his kamikaze.Possibly a bunch of paint and a couple rocket launchers.There was something satisfying at sending a fanged smiling face on the tip of an explosive at the enemy.He led them into the room where Dropshot,Blackjack,Overkill and Detour were.

"You boys got any medics among those who surrendered?Kinda ran into some trouble from his kind."He jerked his thumb at Steelshredder.Dropshot gave a shrug.

"He didn't run away last battle."Dropshot told Blackjack,referring to Detour. "Can't you just go into shutdown while in the walking tape deck?"He asked Overkill.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Streets

"I recall the name," Megatron told Dark Walk. "I think I may have read some of your research in days past, but I don't believe we've ever met."

He considered the wraith's words, then nodded gravely. "Your assessment of Gigatron meshes with mine. He has to be stopped before he sacrifices us all on the altar of a future that none of us may live to see." He turned to Jaggor and smiled coldly. "The two of you, and your associates, are welcome among my forces."

In theory, Acid Storm was watching his leader converse with the new recruits. In practice, though, he was watching Loadstone out of the corner of his optic and wondering what, exactly, had the other Decepticon so jumpy.

Kolkular

"A Grimlock design? On me?" Overkill shuddered. "I can't see it. I mean, a robot mode? Not my thing. If I was going to get a new body, I'd go for one that turned into a tank or a jet or something, I think."

Replying to Dropshot, he said, "Would you like to be offline 80% of your time?"

Still ignoring Bombshock, Ransack stopped walking at the door, crossed his arms and stood guard at the entrance.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Streets

Loadstone holstered his gun and clenched his fists. He gave Misfire a taut smile. "Just another mech out of his depths," he replied. "I'm sure you heard Commander Jaggor demand my service: I'm Loadstone. I belong below Darkmount, not out here - not out here..."

Deliberately, he avoided even glancing towards Dark Walk, fervently hoping that Jaggor would not call him over and thus nearer to that dreadful shadow.

Dark Walk responded to Megatron: "We exist to serve you." He crossed his wipsy arms over his chest and began to seep down into Jaggor, whispering as he did, 'Salute, you fool!'

Jaggor saluted and managed to gulp out, in a much higher register than usual, "Thank you, Lord Megatron."

At least, thought Dark Walk, he didn't ask for an autograph!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Kolkular

"Point taken."Dropshot unethuenistically replied to Overkill."Though tanks seem to be the point of Megatrons new army."He glanced around the room,pointidly passing over Blackjack and Detour.Just to annoy the little guys.He then settled on the obviously frustrated and silent Ransack. "How'd the suicide run go?"

"It was the bomb."Bombshock said sarcastically."I take it your mission was accomplished quite well eh?"He said to Blackjack,hefting his arm.