[Original RPG] Detente: Expensive Mistakes (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

Blackjack knew that Dropshot was trying to annoy him and kept silent to his comrade's sarcastic comment, but Detour spoke up, "If we need to retreat, tanks aren't exactly ideal, you know."

Steelshredder, meanwhile, was too tired to give a sarcastic comeback at Bombshock and said "There's a medic.... Called Solder... Not sure where he is now though."

(OOC: Solder is a medic, right?)

Streets

Misfire nodded at Loadstone's nervousness, he has been like that as well before. "So, what do you do under Darkmount then?" the Targetmaster asked.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Streets

Megatron returned Jaggor's salute, then asked, "Besides the three of you, what forces do you bring to my service?"

As they spoke, they had arrived at the edge of the security zone that surrounded Kolkular. As the perimeter guards had all died, fled or defected by this point, the troupe of Decepticons were allowed to pass unmolested.

Kolkular

"Tanks are useful," Overkill admitted to Dropshot. "They're not very versatile, though."

"Your fearless leader almost killed us all," Ransack grumbled back to Dropshot.

Stadium

Highjump and Tote came in the door, carrying a heavy burden that, upon closer inspection, would prove to be an unconscious Greasepit wrapped in heavy plastic.

"We're back," Highjump announced as they dropped the stunned Decepticon unceremoniously to the ground.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Stadium

Jolt gave them a thumbs up

"That's the guy well done lads, now we jus need to coach Mudslinger and get him in disguise."
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Kolkular

"Hence the suicide part of the running there buddy.What was I yelling the entire time we had the turrets on us?"Dropshot smiled at Ransack. "Any mission,or for that matter,living with him,is a suicide within itself.And you did volunteer."

"Also,not so much fearless.It's called getting the job done.He just calls it suicide."Bombshock retorted. "And again,your not dead!Get over it.I don't have a list of tactics like...um...what's your rank Overkill?Sir?"

"But back on the tanks subject.Yeah,not versitale,and retreats really not a word they like to hear.Then we're the hammer. You could always try subtle.And Bombshock,before you peel over,medic.Solder you say?"Dropshot asked Steelshredder.

"Ah...yeah,medic."His arm and back had stopped throbbing,so he had paid it no heed.He moved again,the pain shooting through him.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kolkular

"Don't call me sir," Overkill told Bombshock. "I work for a living. And I'm a warrant officer, just like you. Or rather, just like you were before you were exiled from the armed forces. Megatron seems to have reinstated you but with no official paperwork I don't know what grade he's awarded you. Perhaps I'll end up calling you sir."

"I'll remember to never do that again," Ransack remarked to Dropshot.

Stadium

Mudslinger shrugged. "How much work is that going to take?" he asked Jolt.

As they spoke, Powertrain walked back into the room. "Ah, good," he said to Highjump. "You're back. I just got off the horn with Smokescreen."

"You told him?" Highjump threw his hands up in the air. "Command can't approve this. There goes the operation."

"Then I must have been talking to a doppelganger," Powertrain remarked. "What with him approving the operation and all."

"He what?" Highjump looked baffled.

"He's not Red Alert," Powertrain reminded him. "Smokescreen knows what risks to take."

"Less crazy, too," Tote chimed in.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Stadium

Jolt looked mudslinger up and down

@just a coat of paint and som egraphics.@
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

Blackjack looked around the room and noticed Steelshredder, "Who the slag are you?"

"Ah, just someone who joins the stronger power." Steelshredder said.

"Hmm... I know you... Steelripper, isn't it?" Blackjack said.

"Steelshredder actually."

"Right. Steelshredder. I remember you. You're like my old comrade Road Hugger, always betraying people. Now let me give you one warning. Try that trick on us, and I'll see to it personnaly that your head be on a spike." Blackjack said.

"Right. No pressure."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Streets

"Sir," Jaggor said. "I bring a troop of twenty-three shock-response soldiers who are directly under my command." He listened to the prompts Dark Walk was whispering. "They await my summons in Darkmount."

Loadstone, reluctantly ambling after the main group in the company of Misfire, replied, "I'm a... well, police officer, if you like. Internal security for Darkmount's underground levels; our uniform colour is designed as a visible deterrent. Heh, it's not often any of us get above ground, you know."
----------------------------------------------------------
Over Kolkular

"Done and dusted!" Transcan shouted to Transmission. "Great shots of Predaking fighting and surrendering. Just keep broadcasting our ident to these guys, for Primus' sake!"

Weasel sniggered. "The Decepticonss will be pleassed with the footage."

"This is going to be a balanced report," Relay put in without looking up from checking back his voice-overs. "However, I must say that Megatron does appear favourably in the footage we have."

"I wish someone would talk to us, though," muttered Transcan quietly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Streets

"An impressive force," Megatron admitted to Jaggor. "I'm sure they'll make a sizable contribution to my army."

After the unit has been disbanded and they've been posted to new assignments under more trusted commanders, of course.

"For the moment, though, they should remain in Darkmount," the Decepticon leader continued. "We have sufficient troops here to do what we need done, and the capital may yet need the added security their presence can bring."

He turned to Acid Storm. "Lieutenant, contact Darkmount Control and tell them to return Jaggor's troops to active duty."

"Aye, sir," Acid Storm replied, carrying out his duty without comment.

Stadium

"Lets get started, then," Mudslinger replied to Jolt with a shrug.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Stadium

"whos got the sandpaper"

Jolt grinned

"need to get the prep work out of the way."
Arminius
Protoform

Post by Arminius »

Kolkular-Hangars

Before taking off, Gutcruncher ran a quick check of his stratotronic jet's instruments. There was no major damage but going into combat at the moment would leave him at a disadvantage. The runaway had some debris strewn across it but nothing that would impede his takeoff. Pushing down on the throttle, Gutcruncher jerked back in the seat as the stratotronic jet took off. As he departed the hangar, the radar lit up with multiple targets. This isn't over yet!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Streets

Securely back inside Jaggor, Dark Walk hissed to him, 'Frankly, calling the mechs you seized control of - and just lost, by the sound of it - 'shock-response' is pushing it a bit. So, what does Megatron wish to do with us, I wonder? If I were you, old friend, I'd get Loadstone over here right now.'

Jaggor looked around for the bright splash of unlikely orange. "Loadstone," he muttered.

'I notice you left him out of your count. He's nothing but the troop watchdog, after all, yet he does have certain useful talents...'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Kolkular

Bombshock stumbled forward and pulled out his rifle with his good hand. "Blackjack,we already got the offer to kill him if he changes sides again.Believe me,we'll do it without hesitation.Wouldn't you find it a little awkward calling me sir?"He asked Overkill before looking over the captives and selecting a medic from among them."Now,you,medic-bot,get me to the med area's.NOW!Or I'll kill one of your comrades.If you got CR chambers,even better."The medic hastily stood up and led Bombshock into the deeper corriders.

"Just think Ransack,a couple of hours without him.Maybe the medic will kill him."Dropshot said,smiling with barely supressed glee.He wouldn't mind having Bombshock gone,it would sure make life easier,then there'd be no one to fight in his spare time,with Growl gone.And he liked to think his smile made him look like a complete lunatic.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

Steelshredder pointed at Solder coming down the stairs, "That's him. Solder."

"Oh medic... Come here would you?" Blackjack said with a semi-threatening voice.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kolkular

"Not really," Overkill replied to Bombshock with alarming (for him) terseness. "You're acting like a leader, after all. Only makes sense that you get ranked like one."

Ransack shrugged. "I'd be happy if they fixed whatever wires are crossed up in his head, Dropshot."

Stadium

"Sandpaper?" Tote scoffed at Jolt. "We don't have time for that." He dragged a large device out from around the corner. "Sandblaster, on the other hand..."

"So that's why you wanted to stop at that hardware store," Highjump groaned.

"I'm not so sure about this," Mudslinger said, looking at the device warily.

"Oh, suck it up," Tote said as he hefted the sandblaster up and fired it at his comrade, stripping away his paint job in short order.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kolkular

Solder froze, hearing his name called out. I shouldn't have taken this shortcut! he berated himself, but it seemed the quickest way despite the risk...

Cowering on the lower step, clutching his damp satchel tightly against his chest, he glared at Blackjack, the tone of whose vocalisation was unmistakable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Stadium

Tote grinned

è um I was only kidding the paint goes straight on normally è
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

"Yep, that's Solder, our medic." Steelshredder said to Bombshock.

"Don't look so sacred. I take it that you have surrendered. We need your help..." Blackjack said to Solder.

"I don't like this." Detour said

"Noted." Blackjack replied to Detour. "What's that in your hand?" he asked Solder.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Kolkular

Bombshock turned himself and the medic back at Blackjacks word.He also got a bit buzzed at what Overkill had said. "Okay,I unnerstand."His vision was fading fast,and he squinted,pointing his gun at Solder. "Answer Blackjack....an',an',then help me,but that,package thing,if it blows up bomb....I'ill laugh,and given permission to all the others to blastcha on the spot.Oh,an' I'll kill'im if you makin a wrong move."His head lolled around.

"Ten shanix says the wires come out more crossed."Dropshot told Ransack. "If our great leader makes it to the med rooms."He lifted his gun,and pointed it around the room.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kolkular

Ransack sighed, then raised his arm and pushed Dropshot's gun back down.

"No, no," he told the other Decepticon. "If you frag him while we're on duty, Megatron will be annoyed with us."

Outside

Megatron's procession arrived at the gates of the fortress, and entered the lower levels unchallenged. As they made their way to the massive lift shaft that was positioned along the fort's central axis, he noticed several patches of serious damage along the way.

Sloppy, he thought with more than a little annoyance. They should have known better.

Activating his comlink, he hailed Hatemonger and said, "General, I believe a news crew has been trying to contact us. Meet me in Kolkular's command centre and we can discuss it further."

Stadium

"I know you were," Tote grinned impishly.

Powertrain shook his head and groaned. "Break out the brushes and get to work," he told his crew.