[Original RPG] Detente: The Congregation of the Dead (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Venom nodded

"Bombshell, Starscream , Mindwipe and there kind are all out there."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"Cyclonus, if we need more soldiers, I know just the person to 'acquire': Clench. He's ruthless, intelligent, and flat out nasty. One 'bot I don't want to see on Megatron's side, if ya know what I'm saying." Roadblock said. "Give him a reason to fight, and he'll come on board as well."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"Mindwipe, at least, is one that we no longer have to worry about," Cyclonus told Venom. "The Quintessons have long since made certain of that."

To Roadblock he said, "Perhaps. I've never heard of this 'Clench' before. Who is he, what does he do and where can we find him?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"He's not one of those bots you find. He finds you." Roadblock said to Cyclonus. "We were on a mission once on this alien planet. We were there getting some energon, us two and 4 seeker drones. The natives actually found a way to hurt us - killed 2 of the drones."

"Now see... He's one of those bots who takes things personally. It's even worse if he portrays it as against the Decepticon cause. So his response? He didn't level the place. He captured an entire city's population, around 2000 or so, and bound them up. He made all of the prisoners watch what was happening to the rest of them as he killed every person, not using the same method twice. Some people it was quick and slow, such as stepping on them. Others he ran over. Some he burned alive - He broadcast this to the entire planet. It was... extreme. If it had been me, I wouldn't have wasted the time - I would have leveled the city and been done with it. but he wanted to make an example of them, and show why the Decepticons are to be feared. You give him a reason to support you, he'll follow you to the grave and back."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Venom's optics clouded briefly

"Clench ah yes I have his file here, a useful soldier although he will need to be managed with care."
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Outer Ship

Growl was met with dissapointment once again.Massive movements of troops and supplies.No fighting.None at all.

"Frag it.Next time I meet Tracer,I am going to blow his head off instead of letting Bombshock just pass the oppertunity by.FRAG!WHERE'S THE FIGHTING!"He wanted to fire so randomly into all the troops who were trying to ignore him,but his original mission,at least in his head,was to blow the ship into the pit.Since he obviosly did not have the firepower to put it into orbit.He turned to Flyover.

"If this is a civil war,why is there no fighting?No killing?And...why the hell is war civil?I thought it was supposed to be hell,like living on a really bad version of the streets."He tapped his flaming skull paint job on his right shoulder to make a point.It was scratched and scarred and dented.That was Street.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"A fanatic, then?" Cyclonus said dryly, after Roadblock finished his story. "If this Clench is willing to join us I suspect Gigatron would take him, but I can't recommend we seek him out. We have enough uncontrollable lunatics as it is."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Outer Ship

"We have been lucky so far lad but I imagine there will be plenty of fighting for all who want it if not more than enough and sometimes you should be careful what you wish for."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"yes, but even uncontrollable lunatics have their uses, especially if pointed in the right direction." Roadblock answered Cyclonus, "If nothing else, he could be used as a distraction elsewhere while we gather what we need."
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Outer Ship

"Suhweeet."Growl said to Flyover. "Guns blazing,cannons blasting,and oil and parts flying everywhere.Can't wait.Maybe...."He remembered the fear part that drove him.It did tend to get overwhelmed by his oil lust. "Ah,the hell with it.Can't wait."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"That isn't untrue," Cyclonus conceded to Roadblock. "But I would really like to see the civil war won without destroying massive amounts of our own infrastructure, if we can. Things like that will only make the Autobots' lives, and the Imperials," he added, for the benefit of any true Gigatron loyalists in the room, "that much easier."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"Not destroying our own infrastructure - ok. I get that. But what about the Autobots? He can keep their hands full while we deal with Megatron's forces." Roadblock replied back to Cyclonus.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"That he could do," Cyclonus agreed with Roadblock. "I hope to see Megatron and the Autobots take care of each other for us, but the extra insurance wouldn't go wrong."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Venom nodded

"Cannonfodder can always be useful."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"Excellent..." Roadblock began. "As I was saying earlier - he's not a total fanatic. Just good at what he does, and passionate for his cause." He said to Venom and Cyclonus. "Do we have a specific target for him? If not, we can hold him in reserve until needed."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"Quite rightly," Cyclonus agreed with Venom.

Turning to Roadblock, he said, "You're getting ahead of yourself," he told the other Decepticon. "Before we direct him at our enemies, we need to actually get him to join us. Do you think you can contact him and bring him here?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"Yes. I can't contact him directly, but let others spread the word that I need to get in contact with him. He'll get in touch with me after that." Roadblock answered Cyclonus. "Excuse me for one second while I tend to that matter."

Roadblock stepped away and transmitted the code phrase to several contacts he knew, knowing it would get to where it needed to go.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Gigatron walked into the bridge area

"I have been thinking Cyclonus all this will be for naught if the Imperials attack we must begin whatever preparations we can . More than one thread to our plan will mean we will be better able to combat their threat."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"I couldn't agree more," Cyclonus told Gigatron. "With Leozak, Spinister, Bludgeon and their crews at your disposal, you should be able to formulate some sort of response if they attack. Venom and I can gather a small crew and handle this operation."

He watched as Roadblock sent out a feeler to Clench, then said, "Our new friend here is proving to be a willing recruiter. When our mission is over, we might want to consider putting him in charge of sentient resources."

It was a joke, of course, but nothing in Cyclonus' voice would suggest that.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Gigatron nodded

He leaned on the tannoy

all senior decepticons please report to the Bridge for reassignment1