[Original RPG] Detente: The Congregation of the Dead (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock walked back to Cyclonus and Venom. "He should contact us shortly." Roadblock, intent on informing, had not noticed Gigatron standing on the bridge, and then heard the summons. "Should I stay?" He asked Cyclonus.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

Cyclonus shrugged. "If he wants you to leave, he'll make it very clear," he told Roadblock. "Until then, you stay."

Medical Bay

Awareness returned slowly, painfully. Spinister didn’t know how long he had been laying there, halfway between functioning and deactivation. Nor did he know where there was, exactly. The last coherent memory he had was of leading his troops up from the bowels of Crystal City as the timer on a fusion bomb counted down to zero.

The Decepticon warrior ran a series of self-diagnostics. Most of them came up nominal, but Spinister noted that, in fact, he was short one fusion bomb.

Not a dream, then.

Slowly, cautiously, the Targetmaster activated his optics. He expected the harsh, bright light of an interrogation chamber, or the dim dankness of a holding cell to register on his sensors. What he saw instead was the tranquil, subdued lighting of a medical ward.

An Imperial warship, by the look of it. He paused for a moment. Presumably an ex-Imperial warship, given the lack of guards.

“I was wondering when you’d wake up,” a clipped voice called from below him. “The medics said you should be up and running and second now.”

Well, that’s certainly not a jailer's voice...

Spinister pushed himself into a sitting position, looking down at the source of the voice.

"Hairsplitter, I've told you more than once not to waste your time watching me when I'm in stasis," he said, not unkindly.

"I know. And I've ignored you every time."

Before Spinister could question his partner about his last comment, the door to the medical room opened up. A tired-looking medic walked in and smiled wearily at the room’s two occupants.

“Ah, you’re awake. Good.” He made a note on his datapad. “My name is Spotweld, senior-grade medic. How are you feeling?”

Spinister swung his legs over the side of the diagnostic bed, then pushed off, landing on his feet. His knees buckled slightly, but he managed to stand without help.

“Alive,” he replied evasively to the medic. "And you don't need to introduce yourself. We've met many times."

"I know," Spotweld said in annoyance. "Invariably after you've almost gotten yourself killed. Please stop it."

Just then, Gigatron's summons echoed over the comm system.

"I'm afraid I can't spar with you right now," Spinister told the medic. "Duty calls."

Spotweld opened his mouth to protest, to demand that the other Decepticon stay and finish his treatment. Then he remembered who he was talking to, and his jaw snapped shut.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Gigatron looked Roadblock up and down

"yes stay Soldier ."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"Thank you, sir." Roadblock said respectfully to Gigatron. He took up a place with the gathering Decepticons and waited for the meeting to begin.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: Established claim of Browning some time ago through PM to Warcry...)

Bridge

The tiny Browning scuttled on the floor, moving to the Bridge. He settled on the foot of Cyclonus. He tried very hard not to get stepped. After all, he is the size of a gun for Cyclonus' gun.

"How can I help?" he squeaked.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

Spinister walked (he was trying very, very hard not to hobble) out of the turbolift and saluted Gigatron.

"You summoned me, sir?"

Cyclonus looked down (way, way down) at Browning.

"Very little, if you get crushed underfoot," he told the tiny Transformer. "Nightstick, retrieve him."

The Nebulan dropped down from his perch on a nearby console and scooped up the very, very small Decepticon. "Didn't realize they made you guys so small," he said. "Or did you catch whatever it is that gets Overkill from time to time?"

Cyclonus glanced over at Gigatron. "Someone of his size could make a very good spy, with the right equipment," he said.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge

Browning said to Nightstick, "Nope. For some reason, those who created me--Overlord, I think--thought it is funny to have me be the size of a real gun. Unlike the likes of Megatron or Treadshot, I cannot access a large robot mode. Think of me as a Targetmaster partner for a Targetmaster partner."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

"Yes Spinster, it is good to see you. Recent circumstances have necessitated a reshuffle of the command structure and I have summoned the senior decepticons here to assign them new roles."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock's communicator started going off. He swore to himself. Clench always did have the worst timing. "This is Roadblock." He answered.

"Roadblock, my old friend." Clench replied back, his voice almost hissing. "I heard you had need of my services."

"Yes. I'll let you know soon what it involves. Kinda busy at the moment." Roadblock answered, trying to keep the conversation brief.

"That is fine." Clench answered back. "I'll be waiting. I have a feeling, that after so long since we last worked together, that if you have contacted me now, it will definitely be worth the wait. Just let me know when you have those details."

"Will do." Roadblock answered, and turned off his comunicator, sighing inwardly. Clench always did make Roadblock a little nervous, and was glad to be finished chatting with him for the moment. He turned back towards the meeting.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Wingspan walked through the doors supporting a limping Pounce as he hobbled in.

~*~

Weirdwolf loped in claws skittering on the treadplate.

~*~

Squawktalk swiveled round on his perch from the communications console and watched the proceedings.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"That is...remarkably useless, when you think about it," Nightstick remarked to Browning. "But then, Overlord has always had a bizarre sense of humour."

"Indeed," Cyclonus agreed.

"I see," Spinister said carefully. "I must admit I've been out of the loop since the assault ended, so I'm not entirely sure what events you're talking about, Lord Gigatron."

Barrage, Skullgrin, Needlenose, Horri-Bull, Skullcruncher and Ruckus all stood along the outer edge of the bridge, watching the goings-on carefully.

(OOC: I figured having some randoms in the background would liven things up a bit, but by no means am I grabbing six new characters in one swoop. Consider them in play for this scene only.)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge

Browning shrugs. "Yes... This body is very... How to put it... Small. Smaller than a Micromaster. What-- Overlord is trying to create nanomasters?"

Barrage stood still, awaiting orders.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

"Megatron has returned and split our faction brothers fight brothers and there is useless slaughter when we should be concentrating on the greater threat. Megatron aided by Soundwave and criminal eleents has ejected us from Polyhex. We must regroup and reorder our forces to prevent Megatrons narrow mindedness dooming our whole race."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"Maybe," Nightstick shrugged. "But if he was, it wasn't much of an experiment. You're the only one I've ever heard of. Maybe he made you for a particular reason?"

Spinister absorbed Gigatron's news with an impassive look on his face, although he wanted for all the world to shout some variation of "No, this is impossible!"

What he actually said was, "The situation sounds dire, my lord. I'll do whatever I can to help turn the tide."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge

"Come to think of it, I think Overlord... he was part human, after all. And a very eccentric pair too. They made me to guard over their little adopted 'son', whatever that is. A youngling, I believe. Anyway, as a Decepticon I have no taste of guarding fleshies." Browning said.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Gigatron nodded

"Thank You Spinster, I therefore promote you to our new Air Commander and joint Head of Operations and I'd also like you to work closely with our intelligence branch . Who will be headed up by Wingspan with Venom in charge of Counter Intelligence.

Cyclonus will head up special Projects and Planning, while Bludgeon will be in charge of Special Operations.

Weirdwolf will be Captain of the Tyrant and Assault Team Leader .

Killbison will be Deputy Head of Defensive Engineering and Demolition. Drillhorn will be Deputy Head of Engineering.

Leozak will be head of Space Command. We will need to interdict assistance to Megatrons forces from off planet and to avoid the Imperial threat.

Trypticon will be Head of Logistics

Squawktalk will be Head of Communications.

I will be discussing individual assignments with team leaders and they will be assigned later.

Any questions , comments?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock looked down at Browning. he didn't like the small transformer. Roadblock believed the syaing "Might makes Right", and Browning was certainly not going to be winning very many fights. He was sure he could be useful at times... but still did not see the point.

"Maybe he just didn't like you, and was punishing you." He said.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"I wouldn't put it past him," Nightstick shrugged to Roadblock, "And as for you," he told Browning, "you probably shouldn't talk about organics with such contempt when you're so much smaller than us, hmmm?"

"It would be my honour, sir," Spinister told Gigatron.

Bludgeon, lurking on the edge of the gathering, just nodded gravely. His face, as ever, was an inexpressive death mask.

Cyclonus, for his part, just managed not to laugh. Considering the way Gigatron had treated him in the past, being drafted into this supposed leader's inner circle like this was the height of irony...especially given that Cyclonus fully intended to climb over the sixchanger's corpse into the throne that Galvatron had vacated, one day.

It was, after all, what his leader would have wanted.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge

Browning shook his head at Nightstick, "I have no contempt at organics... Only humans."

Barrage gave a sigh of relief as his name was not mentioned by Gigatron. It won't do to get a high-ranking position. He was a soldier, no more, no less.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Gigatron glanced round the bridge optics passing over Cyclonus

there was truth in the old saw keep your friends close but your enemies closer