[Original RPG] Detente: The Congregation of the Dead (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Airborne over Crystal City

Sixshot tried to turned his comm to contact astrotrain.The comm's screen flickered then crashed.-"Damn thing must of broke during the blast."-He banged it in frustration and it roared to life once again-"Astrotrain.This is Sixshot.I got the data you need."
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Astrotrain replied to Sixshot.

"Transmit a copy of it to me, then deliver one to Gigatron personally. Make sure he knows who told you to deliver it."

Fearless

Cyclonus narrowed his optics. "And now you're humouring me," he said icily, "but very well. Listen." The sleek purple Decepticon clasped his hands behind his back and walked toward one of the unoccupied bridge stations. He worked at it for a few seconds, then brought up a report on Gigatron's display.

"This was worked up by Soundwave's intelligence service a year ago, shortly before my 'retirement'. Given your preoccupation, I doubt you've ever taken the time to read it thoroughly. You should. It is a study he conducted in secret about the attitude of various demographics of the Decepticons toward their leaders. It makes it perfectly clear that a significant majority of our troops are either traditionalists, blindly loyal to Megatron or deep-seated monarchists. Only a small percentage are personally loyal to you, although that number goes up to almost half when we look at the officer corps. Without troops, though, they're useless.

"The first two groups we can't do much about, but the monarchists...they can be swayed. Right now they are siding with Megatron because he has a more legitimate claim to the throne under the old laws. However, there is one thing that overrides even the legal order of succession to the throne. A certain artifact, shall we say, that you yourself once carried..."

Cyclonus let his words hang in the air.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fearless

Gigatron paced the deck.

"Ahh thatt...."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fearless

"Yes," Cyclonus said pointedly. "That. And if you want it, you're going to have to find Galvatron, as I've been suggesting for years. And with the Quintessons' database under our control, I intend to do just that."

Cyclonus let out a low sigh. "Now, then. You wanted a status report. Ramjet is already gone to Polyhex, presumably with Thundercracker in tow. Roadblock is injured, but I suspect he will follow them if he gets the chance. He and Spinister both need urgent medical attention, and Bludgeon seems to be in bad shape as well. As for the rest of the troops, I can't say that I've seen them since Spinister unwisely blew up the city's underground tunnels. I have little to say about the local geography, because I'm not familiar with the city and I'm not sure what's changed since our last survey."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fearless

Gigatron nodded

"If Wingspan is still functional he can help you with he database search if not one of his team should be adequate."

Venom perched unoticed on a ceiling strut and observed Cyclonus.

~*~

The medics worked swiftly loading the injured onto gurneys.

They lifted roadblock gently onto one followed by Spinster.

~*~

Gigatron opened a channel to all the decepticons in the vicinity

"All able Decepticons with the exception of medical staff please report to conference room 3 for debriefing . Am transmitting it's location on the ship "now
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fearless

Cyclonus waved his hand dismissively. "I doubt I'll need his assistance, but I'll keep that in mind."

Or maybe I'll just transmit everything I find directly to you and save your spies the trouble, he thought darkly.

Sitting down at a free terminal, the Decepticon activated the Fearless' computer uplink and fired up its codebreaker suite.

"The Imperials have excellent cryptography software," he told Gigatron. "The ship should be able to pull a complete dump of the Quintessons' database and decrypt all of it, given enough time."
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Fearless

(OOC:I somehow missed my own ship...)

"Well....going to work."He answered Flyover. "I got assigned to be an engine fixer."He beamed at the older mech,showing him the badge. "Just have to find it.I think this is what the fleshies call OTJT.Of course,what it has to do with orange juice,I have no idea."He shook his head.
Chip1123
Protoform

Fearless Medbay

Post by Chip1123 »

I know Decepticons watch out only for themselves, but I can't believe Ramjet and thundercracker diserted me back there Roadblock thought to himself. They would know that I would want to rejoin Megatron now that he is back, but they still left me behind! If he had not been strapped down and being worked upon, he would have punched something upon that thought. And then there's Cyclonus. He knows where I stand, but yet he still had me dug out of the rubble and fixed... Why would he do that?
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Airborne
"Copy that Astrotrain.Transmitting now."-Sixshot sent the data over to Astrotrain and waited a few seconds.-"Okay, you should have the data.Sixshot out."-He then contacted Gigatron.-"Lord Gigatron,this is Sixshot,I have orders from Astrotrain to send you some information I have collected."
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fearless

Flyover shrugged

"Thats a new one to me lad. So what level of engineer are ya?"

~*~

Gigatron's Ready Room

Gigatron replied to Sixshot

"I am transmitting my location now , I will meet you here."
Chip1123
Protoform

Fearless Medbay

Post by Chip1123 »

As the medics finished repairing him, Roadblock kept thinking of the last fight and what had happened. Megatron had me created. I should owe my loyalty to him. But he has not tried to contact me. His minions left me to die? What is going on? I'm so confused. WHY did Cylonus rescue me? WHY? and he ripped open the restraints on his arms, starting to get up.

"Sir, please sit back down. You aren't fully repaired!" the medic said. "You still need a few cy-"

The medic was cut-off by Roadblock's backhand that sent him sprawling. "I am fine, and I need to see Cyclonus, or whoever's in charge. We have much to talk about, and I can't waste time sitting on that bed." Roadblock said as he walked towards the door, and then cast a glance back to the med-bot "Don't worry. If I wanted to kill you, you'd already be dead. Consider this a kindness. I was spared, and so you shall be as well." And with that, he turned and walked out the door. "Computer, where is Cyclonus currently located?"

"Cyclonus is currently located on the Fearless' bridge" it answered back.

With that knowledge, Roadblock headed towards the bridge not knowing what awaited him.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Fearless

"Um...."He scanned the card,and sighed.Stupid ship's computer. "Engineer, Level 0[Learners Permit].Must be under strict superivision at all times.Level Threat: High. Reasoning:Basic Stupidity.Dammit,I hate programs with a sense of humor. But,"He said gleefully to Flyover,"I have acess to learn everything I can and all engine room acess.Until....something goes life threatingly wrong.Arrgh."He growled.He could not wait to blow this ship to kingdom come.Or,if at all possible,straight to the pit.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medical bay

Spinister was semi-conscious as the medical-drones operated on him. He could feel them replacing damaged armour and servos, but that didn't disturb him nearly as much as what else he felt. They were digging around inside his head, searching for the damaged components that were had nearly killed him. The Targetmaster wasn't sure what was wrong with him or what they might find...and that scared him. He would never admit it, of course, but he was frightened nonetheless.

Bridge

Cyclonus glanced up as the bridge doors slid open. "Ah, Roadblock. I'm glad they managed to repair you."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fearless Bridge

Venom watched everything from his concealed perch

Ready Room

Gigatron gave orders to his loyalist to start constructing a base using the materials to hand.

~*~

Scouts went out while Construction mechs sorted out raw materials and examined what was left of the auto defenses.
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"Cyclonus" Roadblock said, nodding his head towards the warrior as introduction as he made his way onto the bridge. "I have some questions that need answering. Do you have time to oblige me?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"At the moment, Roadblock, I have nothing but time." Cyclonus turned his full attention to the other Decepticon. "What do you need to know?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"Alright then, I'll get right to the point. Why did you spare me? We 'Cons always have motives behind every action, and I want to know why, at the very least, I'm not in a holding cell, if not still under that rubble, considering where my allegiances have always lain." Roadblock asked Cyclonus.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

Cyclonus shrugged. He was tempted to give Roadblock a flippant answer, but decided to level with him instead. "The truth is, I don't particularly care," he told the other Decepticon. "I don't care for either of our would-be leaders. Neither Megatron or Gigatron are worthy of polishing Galvatron's boots. I do, however, care quite a bit for the Decepticon cause, and someone has to be in charge." He shrugged. "You're a good soldier, Roadblock. Letting you die when I could have saved you would have made the cause that much poorer. Whoever wins out in the end, that would be a bad thing."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"Do you actuallythink Galvatron is coming back?" Roadblock asked Cyclonus, a little too flippantly. "Actually, I don't care about the answer to that, unless your answer is yes, and it is sometime soon." He said, backing down a little. "Your previous statement- about putting the cause above personal issues intrigues me. Most 'Cons don't share that sentiment. What do you have in mind? Do you have any kind of plan?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"A plan, do you say?" Cyclonus shrugged off Roadblock's rudeness. "If you consider hunting down everyone who puts their personal ambitions or their demented religious delusions ahead of the Decepticon cause and killing them one at a time a plan, then yes. But if I were you, I wouldn't write off Galvatron so flippantly. He may be dead, but he has one final gift to give us, a legacy that could very well change the fate of our entire race...if Gigatron and I can manage to grasp it, that is."