[Original RPG] Detente: The Congregation of the Dead (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

He may be a little crazy, but it sounds like he actually knows what he is talking about - and has more of a purpose than I have seen in any other 'Con in a long time, or at least one that wasn't totally insane.

"And what, if you can share it, would that be?" Roadblock asked Cyclonus. "Assuming I stuck around and wanted to help - what would you have me do, and what would my role be?
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"At the risk of treading into cliche territory," Cyclonus said flatly, "if I answered that, I'd have to kill you. After all, you yourself say that you may not stay with us. Unless you're sure you want to assist us, I won't take that chance. All I can tell you now is that you'll be by my side, helping to repair this mess."

The powerful Decepticon stood and down at Roadblock. "Whether you learn any more is entirely up to you."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"I have little faith in Megatron's cause right now. His followers left me behind, sacrificed, as you would any pawn. And while I have no aspirations of rising to be King, I am not to be discarded so easily. You have shown you value the lives of soldiers, even pawns, and that is how we can restore the glory to the Decepticon cause." Roadblock said to Cyclonus. "If you have a plan to restore the Decepticons to greatness, then count me in."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"That is precisely what I wanted to hear," Cyclonus told Roadblock. Before he could say more, his console beeped once, sharply. The angular purple Decepticon looked down at it, and read the results of his search on the partially-decrypted Quintesson database. Then he looked back up at his new comrade.

"You're right, Roadblock. I do have a plan to restore the Decepticons to greatness. The first step of that plan is to recover Galvatron's corpse...or rather, to recover what lies inside of his corpse. Then, and only then, can we start fixing the mess that our faction has become." Cyclonus smiled, an altogether chilling expression on one such as him. "And thanks to our late and entirely unlamented Quintesson friends, I know exactly where to start looking...Stanix."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"Stanix huh? Never been there. The place heavily guarded? Seems too easy to walk in and grab something that valuable. What makes you so sure someone else hasn't already taken it?" Roadblock asked Cyclonus.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"The reason you've never been there, Roadblock, is because virtually the entire region has been engulfed by the Acid Wastes." Cyclonus shrugged. "No one even lives there, save for a few die-hards along the northern borders. It's likely, very likely, that no one even knows that Galvatron was there at all. Let alone that a Quintesson regiment chased him into there and none of them were ever seen again. If we're lucky, we should be able to recover his body without anyone being the wiser."
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Fearless

Growl saw the flow of mechs heading out of the ship,oddly surprised he had not felt it land(Or anything else that happened,which was nice,if particularly unsettling) and presumed that there had to be some fighting going on.Fighting equaled dead mechs.Dead mechs equaled spare parts and the occasional pocket change.Not that he'd ever heard of soilders carrying around much more then that.

"C'mon old mech."He told Flyover. "Let's see what's going on.Bet there's a battle."He quickly forgot his new post,and hurried out with other soilders and obvious engineers.Camera's tracked him,and took particular note on what he was doing.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fearless

"Lets go find out Growl lad."

Flyover headed for the door
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"Ah. So I have to ask... is there any chance of Galvatron being alive, or repairable?" Roadblock asked Cyclonus.Let's hope he isn't insane if he is. He is dangerous enough without going insane again.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"It's...possible," Cyclonus told Roadblock. "But unlikely. I have it on good authority that Mighty Galvatron has fought his last battle. However, I hope for all of our sakes that I'm wrong."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"So you mentioned something inside of Galvatron's body - if there is something inside of him that could tip the scales of war, why has no one gone after it until now?" Roadblock asked Cyclonus.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"It's more than possible that they have," Cyclonus admitted to Roadblock. "But considering the lengths I had to go to in order to simply find out where he was, I think the odds are fairly good that you and I are the only ones who even know where Galvatron's body is."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge

Post by Chip1123 »

"So when are we going after the body, and will anyone else be accompanying us?" Roadblock asked Cyclonus.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"We'll leave as soon as possible," Cyclonus told Roadblock. "And anyone who wants to come along will be invited."

The powerful Decepticon glanced upward pointedly.

"Including you, Venom."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Venom fluttered down and transformed

"must be losing my touch."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"The console screens are reflective," Cyclonus told Venom. "And your colours don't exactly lend themselves to hiding inside a drab Imperial warship. But since you're no doubt under orders from Gigatron to keep an eye on me and would follow me wherever I went regardless, I'd prefer if you did it openly. Your assistance could be very useful."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Venom nodded slowly

"only if I can bring Flywheels. He watches over to ensure I am not under enemy control. His nature limits his suspectibility to mind control or hypnosis."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"I can't imagine mind control being a significant threat on this mission, but the extra set of hands may prove useful," Cyclonus told Venom. "Likewise we should bring along..."

He glanced down at his console and pulled up a duty roster, scanning for engineering crew who weren't currently assigned to any important tasks. The tall purple warrior frowned at what he saw.

Growl? Seriously?

"...Growl as well, in case we have need of his skills."

(OOC: Any other Decepticon characters active in this thread are welcome to tag along as well, of course. :) )
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge

Venom nodded

"you can never be too careful , maybe it's being round Bombshell but it never hurts to take precautions."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge

"That is true," Cyclonus admitted to Venom dryly. "After all, you can never be sure which of your troops have been possessed by Starscream this week."