[Original RPG] Detente: Swallowed by History (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Steelhaven, hangar

"Then, this transport platform will serve our purpose," Mirage said. "Its heavy plating will make it a trifle slow, but it does have a cabin of sorts and the distinct lack of a tailgate will allow for easy escape."

Wheelie winced. One of his least favourite nightmares was freefalling from a great height while ordnance rained upwards around him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven

Ratchet continued to toil over Cerebros. The war medic had just finished replacing the Headmaster’s damaged (OOC: and by damaged, I mean crushed) cydrallics in his arms and legs, as well as the corresponding fuel arteries and circuitry, and filling in the exposed joints with the necessary buffers.

“Appendages look to be in working order,” Ratchet reiterated to himself. “Read-out is still in the green. Well, that’s good...Now, the mid-sector...Mm-hm, autonomical circuitry and homeostasis regulator components look to be prepped and ready to go...Hmm. Just have to clear what’s already here out...I’ll have you up and running soon, Cerebros. I hope.”

Streets

As Gusher instructed, Groove gathered the pieces of the skeletal structure and brought them over to the large make-shift pad that Fortress Maximus’ body rested upon.

Groove then went to assemble the structure, readying it for the covering. Periodically, he would look down at the inert body of the great Headmaster as he worked and the gravity of the situation began to weigh heavily upon the former-Protectobot.

What now,” He thought to himself. “Despite our best attempts, pacifism has yet to be brought to Protihex. Does Protihex truly want peace? Are we – am I just running away from the truth? What, as species, is simply in our nature? Perhaps this is the way. Still…if we must fight for peace, Protihex needs its’ leader to guide the populace. But who?”

Feeling satisfied with his task’s completion, Groove consulted Gusher.

“All is well over here. How goes you?” He asked.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Airborne

Doublecross flapped towards the city centre

He opened an all Autobot hailing frequency.

Cross spoke

"All autobotsssss, I am here to do a ssupply inventory , pleassse submit any requisssitionsss that you need to myssself and we will endeavour to fill your neeedsssssss."

Looking down on the city

2 aerial Decepticons looked down on the city

"Ready ?"

"as ever partner."

"lets do what we do best then."

One of the Decepticons opened a com link to Shockwave

"Greetings Shockwave, My name is Razzle and I believe you require my services."
Chip1123
Protoform

Steelhaven, hangar

Post by Chip1123 »

"Well let's get moving then." Turbofire said as he got into the transport that Mirage pointed out. "Waiting on you. You're the driver, remember?" he said as he started laughing.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Steelhaven, hangar

Mirage wondered if Turbofire always found life straight-forward and funny. Hey, he seemed a nice enough 'bot and he could go with that; hopefully, he would prove an asset if it came to a fight (fingers crossed that it did not!).

Wheelie grimaced and plonked himself down on the platform as Mirage familiarised himself with the controls. He still had one of his new poingards in his hand and now sat staring at his own optics glimmering back from the silver-steel blade. He wished he could laugh...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Streets

"It'll be great as soon as the drones get here."Gusher told Groove, "We'll be in full bussiness,and the Doc can do his magic."He heard the distant rumble,and mix and match collection of drones rolled up,all with flat beds behind them,carrying the rolls of pure white high tinsel strength plasteel.At least Pipeline delivered what he said he delivered.

"Mr.Mix,if you will anchor the building in place please,we'll be set." He walked over,and tapped into one of the main drones,who transformed and began to lower off the rolls.He felt his partner roll up and stop,and he knew what was going on as Pipeline emerged as himself.

"Wish I had more time to worry about him."Pipeline said as he walked in, inspecting the job. "But you all seem to be doing fine. Stripper,Towline.Mr.Mix,who I have yet to thank for your help in that little shoot out earlier.Thankyou.And,your,one of the Protectabots,are you not?Or former one?"

"Boss."Towline and Stripper said together,the former a happy grunt,the latter with no enthusiasm at all.

"So,what's up?"Gusher asked,working his way around Pipeline.

"I'll be heading to the manufacturing district to get a general idea of what can and can not be pushed into work right now.Then to check out how supplies are in the warehouse area's.I have Construct,Hammerblow,Block and Tackle all back at the HQ,or at least around it.So send for them if you need anything."

So,you will inform me of anything I can take?Gusher asked him.

Of course.Though there's been activity at the warehouses,so I'm gonna go in low and under the radar.Keep an eye out.

Oh,I will.
Chip1123
Protoform

Steelhaven, hangar

Post by Chip1123 »

Turbofire saw how uneasy Wheelie was becoming, although he didn't know why. "Cheer up little bot" Turbofire said to Wheelie. "With any luck, we'll be there and back before ya know it."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

Hearing Doublecross's comm chatter, Bluestreak couldn't help but grin.

"Hey there Doublecross," he transmitted over a scrambled Autobot channel. "I've got a...delicate supply issue that you might be able to help me with. I've fallen in with these 'Cons, see, and I figured I'd stick with 'em to see what they were up to. Well, we ended up snagging this old Quint warehouse to use as a base, which is all fine and dandy except that it's filled with weapons. Most of it really doesn't worry me more than the usual stuff we'd see in 'Con hands, but it turns out that, well, the Quints kept a whole room full of tactical nukes here. I'm keepin' the others out of there for now so they don't realize, but eventually someone's gonna get curious and I don't want to wait and see what this place will look like if it got redecorated by mushroom clouds. So, uh...I'm kinda hoping you can help me clear 'em out, maybe? You being the supplies guy and all..."

Onslaught shrugged.

"Yes, and that's why I'd rather avoid it," he told Road Hugger. "I've had to use them on Swindle from time to time when he's gotten out of hand, and they tend to sap the victim's useful impulses along with his rebellious ones."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Enroute

Doublecross banked towards the origin of Bluestreaks transmission

"I think we can finesse them to vanisssh without a trace."

Hissed Cross
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Road Hugger said to Onslaught, "But torture and instilling fear is the most effective way for a Decepticon superior to get his troops to obey him. Or so I've been told. It did get me in line though."

He picked up a piece of the late Reflectors that attacked, and said, "Any idea who sent them?"

Warehouse Rooftops

"Hey, there's someone coming. One of yours?" Hailstorm asked when he saw Doublecross flying at them.

"Nope. I'll contact Swindle to see what's going on." Hyperdrive said as he called Swindle, "Unidentified airborne object coming at us, E.T.A. five minutes."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Steelhaven, hangar

"So it goes," Wheelie murmured. "Return? Who knows...?" He gave Turbofire a small nod and added, "If peace is worth fighting for - why are we always fighting for peace? Why can't there just be peace?"

It was an unusually introspective and sombre mood for the small mech. He had slipped into Protihex - was it only that short a while ago? - to learn if rumours of a community of non-factioned units was really true, found Derby and the truth, and then watched the ideal begin to deteriorate. He cursed the Quintessons, but oh, he also cursed the ever-helpful Autobots!

>>>>>>>>

Shockwave, politely waiting for Skylynx to step aside so that he could go and locate a suitable laboratory, received a message on a Decepticon channel he had not thought in use for some while:

'Greetings Shockwave, My name is Razzle and I believe you require my services.'

His first response was to think more incomers; his second was to open a reply: 'This is Shockwave. Razzle, please state details of services offered.'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Protihex

Razzle gave a thumbs up to Dazzle and replied.

"Me and my colleague run a full service PR firm, we believe that you need to position yourself as an alternative leader for a Peaceful Protihex while keeping element in your own faction under control. We have given some thought to a publicity campaign and we think a slogan of "Shockwave the only logical choice" would work well."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

"Excellent," Bluestreak told Doublecross. "If anyone gives you trouble on the way in, just tell them that you're a business associate of mine coming to help me with the inventory I'm running." He snorted. "Hey, and it's not even a lie, really. You just won't be helping in a way they'd necessarily like, is all, right?"

"What good is obedience if your troops can't think for themselves?"

Onslaught let that question hang in the air for a few seconds before adding, "No, Road Hugger, it's better to have followers who want to obey you, because they'll work a lot harder for the cause than someone who's only with you because he's terrified of you."

Swindle frowned. "Really? Keep an eye on it and see if its anyone we know." he told Hyperdrive. "Who knows, it might be someone we can swing a deal with, make us a nice, tidy profit."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

on Landing Approach

Doublecross landed and approached the warehouse

Streets

Quickmix looked the construction project up and down.

"gonna need to up the vicosity old thing, give me two ticks old thing and I'll be on to it."

~*~

Viewfinder Cinema

Ironworks and Hot House sipped refined Energon as the Longest Cyclefinished at the Premiere of their oeuvre finished playing. All over Cybertron it would be starting to show but this early red carpet premiere had just finished.

Ironworks toasted Hot House

"a success I think despite the source of the material and funding."

~*~

Chopshop and Beastbox roamed the streets.

Beastbox opened a Decepticon command channel

"Me and Choppy are reporting for duty over."

Watching the Warehouse

A Red Nightflight and a White Tailwind crouched in a building across from the main entrance of the warehouse.

Nightflight grumbled

"What's with the fancy colours again."

Tailwind explained slowly

"it's disguises there are other mechs out there with these colour schemes so to the casual viewer we will appear to be them. However if questioned closely we will claim a third identity. If they just see us though it will confus the issue..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »