[Original RPG] Detente: Swallowed by History (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

For a slight moment the thought of snapping at Torpedo crossed Aero Blade's mind, that the only thing he wanted was to know why he'd been captured and that all of his fustration would have ceased, but he was just too tired to even try, and the resulting hesitation had given him more time to rethink the action and decide against it. Torpedo was set on playing his game, and the only thing yelling could do would be to give Aero a bigger headache - he might as well just go with things for now.

"I'm not even sure I'd make it where-ever you wanted to go, let alone bite your boss, or whatever you expect me to do," Aero Blade responded, his exhaustion showing through his tone. "If I knew what you wanted me to say or do, it'd be done just so I could get this overwith. I've got no choice but to play by your rules, I'm too tired for all of this..."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven

As soon as Turbofire arrived with Cerebros, Ratchet went to assist him, remote control gurney rolling after him.

Carefully, Ratchet hefted the Headmaster off of Turbofire, placed him onto the nearby gurney, and immediately examined him.

"Still functioning. That's good," Ratchet said as the data from his diagnostic tool streamed Cerebros' stats to him. "Concussive damage….The paneling and the endo-structuring along the upper and lower appendages is crushed…. Hmm, these will have to be replaced…In other words,” Ratchet he said confidently, closing and putting away his diagnostic scanner. “It’s nothing I can’t fix.”

“Thank you, Turbofire,” Ratchet said, turning to face the Autobot and Mirage, who was also present. “Cerebros will be fine, though I am not sure how I’ll be able to repair his larger counterpart, Fortress Maximus. Though I do not yet know the extent of his damage, parts like his are a bit tricky to replicate. Someone may need to make an emergency trip back to Iacon to procure them.”

---

Streets

After Turbofire left with Cerebros, Groove ran over to assist Stripper, Quickmix and Gusher in excavating Fortress Maximus out from underneath the toppled building.

Reactivating his “vaporator” cannons (OOC: at a low and harmless setting, of course), the ex-Protectobot let loose a chemical stream onto the rubble, causing it to slowly dissolve and evaporate.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Streets

"PRIMUS!"Gusher yelled,then stared open mouthed as not only was his work knocked out of line,it,his crew,and Fortress were once again strewn in rubble.He was a little too dumbstruck to reply to Skylynx and only shook his head.This city had to be plotting against him.

"Fine Commander,do,whatever."He dissmissed him with a wave of his hand. Officers,he thought venomusly.Towline helped Stripper and Quickmix out from under the rubble,niether of them at all amused.He began to pick up the pieces when Groove showed up to help and begun to melt the rubble.He had to admit,for all the trouble they'd gone through,that was cool.He'd have to get a toy like that some time.

Constuction Site (Soon HQ,yeah!)

The cieling was cemented into place,and Pipeline wandered around the inside of the building,going over schematics and floor levels.Main floor,the work area's,where new drones were being made,and coming fresh off the line.The bodies at least.Circutry and other things were made farther down the hall,and were the additions were being put up in the former hotel. Second,offices and more work area's.The third and fourth floors were dedicated to personell area's and homes,including Pipeline and Gushers for the time being.

"Hammerblow,Block and Tackle,get the security systems and wirings online. And for Primus' sake,when you bring in the guns,keep them in pieces and hidden so no one recognises them for what they are."

"Yes sir."The three said together,gathering more things from inside the shuttle.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Road Hugger stepped out of the CR chamber, all refreshed. Never felt better. I am-big! These Quint modified CR chambers sure are good. Something is different though. What- he looked down at his body. A Sunstreaker-esque body with his head and paintjob. (OOC: imagine Classics Sunstreaker in Hugger's paintjob) "Hyperdrive!!!!!" he shouted.

After he got the initial shock, he admired the new body. Nice hardware. Good weaponry... No wonder Sunstreaker is such a psycho. I could get used to this.

He looked at Hyperdrive, still recovering in the CR chamber. Then he saw Swindle and asked, "What now, boss?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

"If you want this to go easily, dropping the guns would be a good start," Torpedo told Aero Blade. "You might not have noticed, but out of the four of us you're the only one with weapons glued to his arms. The rest of us have kept our guns concealed like civilized beings."

Across the room, Firewagon scoffed.

"Shut up, you," Torpedo admonished him. Turning back to Aero, he said, "I don't expect you to believe me right now, but we really don't mean you any harm. If you disarm, I'll take you to Shank and this will all be over very quickly."

Warehouse

To answer Road Hugger, Swindle gestured toward the two CR chambers that were still whirring away at full speed.

"Before we do anything," he said, "we wait for them to be done. I'm sure Onslaught has some sort of grand plan in store for us."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

Aero Blade finally pulled his gaze from the floor, focusing back in on Torpedo with an almost dazed expression, like the larger bot had just rambled off something in an unintelligible foreign dialect. Weapons?

"Oh..." Aero muttered briefly, finally realizing what he'd meant. The tech tried his hardest to forget that they were weapons, as it usually made him uncomfortable. He managed for the most part to just make himself think of them as 'overqualified' welding tools, and that settled his processor for the most part.

"I forget these shoot. Don't use them that way if I can..." Aero spoke aloud, almost as though talking to himself as he worked on removing the weapons, having some difficulty in his tired state. Once he did get them detatched, Aero took a moment to set them down on the ground, treating the devices respectfully like his other tools, then straightening back up.

"I believe you about that part," Aero Blade spoke calmly, and tired, about Torpedo's meantion of harm. "It's the other part I don't buy, why you brought me, but you've made it clear that you're not planning on answering, and I've run out of stamina to keep asking." Aero took a moment to brief sigh before looking back at Torpedo again. "Anything else I'm supposed to do?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Road Hugger nodded to Swindle, "Right. Nice body designs you came out with here." he said as he pointed at Onslaught and Bluestreak. "Unlike Hyperdrive who chose this... this... Autobot design. Granted it could be worse, but still..."
Chip1123
Protoform

Steelhaven

Post by Chip1123 »

"I'll go. Why not? Least this time I'm not hauling anything on the way there." Turbofire laughed. "Just tell me what you need and where to get it!" Turbofire said to Ratchet.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Jitterbug scooped up Aero Blade's discarded weapons with the subtle grace of a master thief -- which, of course, was exactly what he was -- then strode toward the door and out of the room.

"I think that'll be sufficient," Torpedo told the Autobot. "Now, if you'll follow me, I'll take you to Shank."

Warehouse

Swindle shrugged, indifferent to Road Hugger's complaints. "At least he had a choice..."

As he was speaking, the room's other two CR chambers slid open. Bluestreak got up first and looked at Onslaught with no small measure of disgust. "Well, you certainly look like a hulking colossus of death today, don't you?"

"That's the plan," the Combaticon leader replied. "Whereas you look no different than before, except for your new, easily-concealed weapons."

Swindle was tempted to chime in with Maybe that'll make it easier to forget all the 'Cons you've killed, but decided that a comment like that would sour their nascent business relationship with the Autobot.

Onslaught, for his part, completely ignored Swindle and turned to the two ex-Micromasters. "As for you two: do you plan to stay in Protihex, or will you seek your fortune elsewhere?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

Aero Blade breathed one more weary sigh, letting his head droop again as he followed Torpedo's lead. Ultimately, it wasn't as if he had a choice in the matter, and he had lost interest in talking to his captors unless he had to answer, which may have been the way they'd prefer it. The only thing he could hope for right now was that Torpedo's words remained sincere.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

"Where else could we go?" Road Hugger said to Onslaught. "Kaon? We just went from there. Crystal City? Gigatron, we ain't going back to his clutches. Polyhex...." Road Hugger's words trailed off. Polyhex would be a good place to join a Decepticon army, and Blackjack seems to be occupied in Kaon. So, if I join up with Megatron's army at Polyhex...

"We might go to Polyhex if you have no further need of our services." Road Hugger finally stated.

Hyperdrive, up and out, had heard the conversation and said, "Of course these new and improved bodies more than pays for all our trouble..."

"Next time, Hyperdrive, pick a more... intimidating design." Road Hugger said coldly.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Steelhaven

Mirage glanced at Turbofire. "I am willing to do the run to Iacon, Ratchet - providing the required parts are not too large!"

Wheelie had fallen silent (much to Gnaw's relief) and now rose to cross over to the group of larger mechs. "Wheelie, too/Will help you," he offered.

Then, the entrance was filled with the looming purple shape of Shockwave. Wearily, he ascertained the situation with Cerebros, knowing this meant that Fortress Maximus had sustained potentially dangerous damage. It was all falling in around him; the Protihex dream of peace he had sought, confused and scared, was becoming just another nightmare - and he knew how best to cope with nightmares...

"Attention," Shockwave stated, vocalisation flat. "Aero Blade has been seized and taken from the City. Current whereabouts: unknown."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

"Alternatively," Onslaught told Road Hugger, "you could stay here. The Combaticons could use the added muscle and if we choose to pick a side in this destructive civil war, we'll have a lot more clout if we do it as a unit instead of as individuals."

"What about him, boss?" Swindle jerked his head toward Bluestreak.

"What about him?" Onslaught shrugged. "The offer is extended to him as well."

"I, uh, I don't really think you guys are my kind of crowd," Bluestreak said. "I mean, you're Decepticons and all..."

"Such blind bigotry has no place in a city devoted to peace," Onslaught told him, almost sadly. "And if my own troops had embraced that philosophy, we would still be loyal followers of Gigatron and Roadbuster, Nightbeat and several more of your colleagues would have had their brains subjected to Hook's tender ministrations. Or have you forgotten our defection and all the months that we spent in Iacon, working for Optimus Prime during the Thunderwing crisis?"

"I, uh..." Bluestreak's voice trailed off and he looked down, shame visible on his face.

"You what?"

"I wasn't there," Bluestreak whispered.

"No," Onslaught told him, his voice growing cold. "You weren't. In fact, you were standing alongside Thunderwing's pawn Rodimus, buying into his siren song of immediate peace and blindly serving Unicron's ends in the process. So maybe, in the future, you might want to stop and think before you write someone off as evil just because they wear different colours than you do."

Bluestreak just sighed, and Onslaught suspected he would be sobbing if he were a human. But eventually he managed to gain enough control to say, "I'll stay...for now, anyway. Someone needs to keep an eye on you."

Onslaught let the comment passed and turned back to the ex-Micromasters. "And you two?"

Templar Heights

Torpedo led Aero Blade out of the building entirely, out into the small square that formed the centre of the Heights' small community of houses. He allowed the smaller Transformer a scant few seconds to get his bearings, then led the way toward a nearby apartment block that had been converted into office space.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

Aero Blade didn't seem to be paying much attention to the scenery as they passed outside, barely seeming to be looking up as he focused on keeping pace with Torpedo, which was not easy with how tired he was.

"Somehow I expected military compound, not rental property," Aero commented after a bit, his tone low and dreary.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven

“Then it is settled,” Ratchet announced. “Mirage, Wheelie, Turbofire - you will travel to Iacon. But first, I need to know the particulars of Fortress Maximus’ damage in order to draw up a list. I have not seen his body yet since it is still at the disaster site. But worry not, I think I can speed up the process.”

Moving over to a nearby monitor, Ratchet sent out a transmission to the team of Autobots located in Downtown Protihex, who were still excavating Fortress Maximus’ body.

“Steelhaven to Stripper, Quickmix, Gusher or Groove. This is Ratchet,” he began. “Though I commend your efforts, I need an additional little a favor from you. We need to make an emergency run to Iacon if I intend to repair the big guy, but first I need one of you to transmit me a schematic of Fortress Maximus’ body, detailing the damage it has sustained. Just stream the data to me once you have scanned it. Thanks.”

(OOC: All you have to do is scan his body, I’ll make up the rest as I go along :)).

Once he ended the transmission, Ratchet turned to Mirage and the others, making a dusting-off motion with his hands.

There. That ought to do it. Just hold tight,” He told them.

Moments later, Shockwave entered the area. Ratchet slowly shook his head as the larger mech relayed more troubling news.

Aero Blade?” Ratchet answered confoundedly. “I knew that he wandered off during all the rush here, but...Sigh,” the medic furrowed his brow. “Frag it all. It just won’t end…and now this? What do you recommend, Shockwave? We're a bit stretched thin as it is, but I’ll help in anyway I can."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

"Never mind then. We'll stay here, you guys seem to know what to do." Road Hugger said to Onslaught.

Hyperdrive was silent, standing behind Road Hugger, and nodded.

Road Hugger, as much as he disliked authority, knew that Onslaught always have a well-conceived plan. "So... the rest of the Combaticons are here then? Brawl and Vortex and Blast Off too?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Steelhaven

"Recommendations: Establishment of headquarters base; election of suitable leader to co-ordinate Protihex functionality; estimate potential of disruptive fractions already active in City environs," Shockwave told Ratchet. The great shoulders sagged. "However, in the meantime, we mop up the mess and patch up the wounded. I shall effect the former and I appreciate that you are very capable of the latter."

He turned to Mirage, Wheelie and Turbofire with a polite inclination of his head. "I thank you for volunteering to assist in repairs to Fortress Maximus."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Steelhaven

Post by Chip1123 »

"We do what we can. All of us do. "Turbofire said to Shockwave. "And thank you for your help as well. It is greatly appreciated."

Turning to Wheelie and Mirage, "Hope you two don't mind going slower. My mode can't keep up with you guys, especially once I'm loaded down with parts!"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Streets

Quickmix picked himself up and brushed up the dirt.

"Look where your'e goin old thing what!"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Steelhaven

It hadn't taken very long for the sense of dread to almost overwelm Stratus as he listened to what was goin gon, as well as blaming himself for not keeping an eye on his partner. He hadn't realized that Aero had been gone until now, having been focused on monitoring the two odd bots, Gnaw and Wheelie. Now that the situation had been brought to his attention, he now found himself quickly flying over to midist of the scene, hovering at eye level just a short ways from Shockwave.

"When did this happen? Where?" Stratus questioned to the much larger Decepticon, speaking at a normal speed, but a hint of a frantic tone starting to emerge. "Why did they take him? And who?"