[Original RPG] Detente: Swallowed by History (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

Aero Blade heard Jitterbug speaking, but he was still dissoriented and his vision hazy, unable to pick out where he was now. He could only assume from the way he had spoken that he was now someplace else.

"I forget to..." Aero Blade muttered, turning off his optics to try to ease some of his dissorientation.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Streets

With one last agonizing groan,Fortress' body landed in place.The cables went slack,and the chain took Gusher with it,and he was left hanging above his comrades by his foot.Not a tenous position,exactly,and one he felt perfectly fine in.

"Good work."He said as he swung like a pendulam and in a half circle before facing the group again. "Now,the last part of E.S.P., protection.Mr.Mix,we will be needing more of whatever you can brew in that can of yours.Groove,you and Towline take skeleton structures.Stripper and I will take to getting the covering up."He ordered with as much authority as one hanging upside down could.His right eye suddenly gave a slight glow.Pipes,start rolling sheets off the line,we got a boss bot's body to cover.Send a couple of drones with them,could use them.

"Get down boss."Stripper hissed as she walked by,jumping out of the way as Gusher bent the subspace he and Pipeline kept,making several stacks of struts and pipes fall around her.Towline laughed as he began.Gusher smiled as he swung around,and he crossed his arms.He then caught Skylynx's comm.

"Look Commander.We were debriefed this was a factionless community,but from all appearences,the factions still kinda exist.Hopefully you can work around it.Hopefully we all can,now,I have a tangle to get out of.Just don't let it get in your way."He reached up,or tried,and started hitting the chain with his bucket.

Corps HQ

Will do.You can work the kinks out of the new drones anyways.I'll send four.Pipeline said,tapping through the trailers computers and then switching to Construct. "Give me the bad news."

There's really not too much.True,a good bit of the city is destroyed,but there's plenty to draw upon.Given the logistical nightmare it is.The manufacturing district needs jump-started,and re-wired so they can use it as a power base too.Several warehouses,I may add,which still seem to have plenty of stores.One of which,has seen some activity,I must say.Other then that,not much for bad news.We're just sitting in the middle of the chaos zone.

"Really?We just need jump-start an entire manufacturing area?And we can get this joint running?"

It appears to be that way.

"Good,now about the warehouses showing activity.Camera links?"

Sir,as bad as these grid is,we're lucky to even get the warehouse readings.If you'd boost the pow-

"Not until Block and his groups get the city grid to top form.I will not waste our own until we have the batteries to put it to use.Now find the warehouse where the activity took place,and hook me through the sound sytems in the general area."Several minutes passed,and he waited paitently,sending out the drones and materialle to Gusher in the mean time.

We're in.What voice-over do you prefer,and any specific channel?

"Give me the rusty,sickly one,and put me on a Neutrals band."Construct did so.He began a broadcast to the Warehouse. "To all mechs within the warehouse area.I have noticed a boost in activity(Cough,cough).Since you appear to have stopped what you are doing,I have a request for you(aaarh,hack).This and all the other warehouses need a count of all materials,and(hack!cough) of what use they are to the future of this city.If you do as requested,I will see you paid for your usefulleness(couph,couph).Don't cross me,or I will see you reduced to slag(huaraaaach,couph,couph).Contact me on this band if you a(cough,cough),agree."
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

"ah thanx, oh and have fun rebuilding the city, sky lynx out" skylynx said closing the com link "ok shockwave I was just here to help you with some of the problems going on around in this place "
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

Onslaught nodded as Road Hugger told him about Hailstorm.

"Regardless of how well he works," he told the ex-Micromaster, "if I don't think he can be trusted, he'll die when the job is done."

Swindle answered Construct's comm. "I'm afraid there's nothing here," he told the meddlesome Transformer. "All we've found are some long-expired human foodstuffs."

Templar Heights

"I'd suggest not doing that," Jitterbug told Aero Blade. "If you'd collapsed out somewhere on your own, you'd be dead now."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

"Well, you sure is cheery.... Hahaha" Hailstorm said blandly at Onslaught's comment. "Alternatively, you can always use an extra pair of guns..."

"You heard the boss. Do what you are supposed to do, and we'll see about your payment... and fate... later." Road Hugger said. As an extra note of precaution he said, "Hyperdrive, we trust him as far as we can throw him, so be a dear and keep an eye on him."

"Aye aye." Hyperdrive said.

"I assume you have supplies then?" Hailstorm said. "Because my style, I'm gonna needing lots of guns. Guns are good. Guns and roses... Hahahaha!"

"We can arrange for that..." Hyperdrive said, not laughing or smiling at Hailstorm's reference to earthen culture as he led Hailstorm to the weapons room where Bluestreak is in.

"I don't trust him much... He's the crazy type. But we can use him, boss." Road Hugger said after the two left.

"Don't mind him. He's a friend." Hyperdrive pointed at Bluestreak.

"An Autobot. Say, I saw one of your big pals down just now. Must hurt a lot for him..." Hailstorm said. "I'm Hailstorm. Security expert. Used to work with Red Alert before the war. You know him? He's a kind of paranoid person. Thinks everyone is out to get him... And steal his lunch. Hahahahahahaha!"

Hyperdrive raised one optic and said, "You, my friend, is more crazy than before. Got a few wires crossed..."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

Aero Blade didn't bother to answer this time, not at all interested in holding conversation with his captors, let alone giving Jitterbug anymore reason to condicend him. He trid to go back to sleep, but he was becoming aware of an unusual sensation in his systems making him uncomfortable, which he reached for to try to stop.

By this time the doctor had come back to check on Aero Blade's systems again and noticed the young bot appeaering to be getting ready to remove the energy feed into his systems.

"We'll be having none of that," The doctor started firmly, taking hold of the young bot's wrist to stop him. Having become aware of the foreign bot, Aero Blade weakly tried to pull away on reflext from him.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Streets

Quickmix nodded

"I'll get the old drum rolling no problem old thing."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

Onslaught shrugged. "I'm sitting in a building full of guns, Hailstorm, and I'm not likely to put them in the hands of someone I don't trust."

After he left, the Combaticon leader told Road Hugger, "We can use many things, my friend. However, I prefer my blunt instruments to be a bit more...predictable. Brawl served admirably in that capacity."

Feigning attention at the readouts on his datapad, Bluestreak looked up at Hailstorm, then across to Hyperdrive.

Where did they dig up this lunatic?

"Out," he told them curtly. "This section of the warehouse is quarantined until I can get someone experienced in hazmat removal in to clean it out. I think the Quints were experimenting with trans-organics here, and there's a dangerously high radiation level in this room."

He shooed them out, then sealed the door and locked it.

"Thankfully that room was designed to contain in a lot of radiation, but I wouldn't recommend going in there for more and a minute or two if you value your health."

It was a lie, of course, but Bluestreak had gotten very good at covering lies with inane babble over the years.

"Now, if you'd like to see what we've got in terms of security gear, it's this way..."

Templar Heights

Firewagon edged forward, looking ready (if not eager) to restrain Aero Blade in the most violent and painful way imaginable -- although truth be told, he wasn't very imaginative.

"Lie down and relax," Jitterbug told the Autobot nervously. "If you try to walk away now you'll just end up keeling over and getting dragged back in here, and then they'll have to magno-clamp you to the table."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

"Most of us are like that, boss. Why do you think my ex-commander and myself hung out with Hyperdrive?" Road Hugger said with a smirk at Onslaught "Guys like them are easy to control and manipulate to beating others up. With proper supervision, like Blast Off in the case of Brawl and me in Hyperdrive's case, they do wonders."

"Hahahahahaha... Touchy guy..." Hailstorm said.

Hyperdrive, meanwhile, was glad that Bluestreak shoved them out. It won't do to have a lunatic guy in a room full of weaponry. "Well, Hailstorm, what do you want to do now?"

"We can realign the perimeter defenses of this structure to protect against any further Micromaster invasion... Assuming you have some sort of perimeter defenses... Hahah."

Hyperdrive is slightly at loss at he jargon. But he understood the meaning of 'perimeter defenses' so he led the yellow bot outside to the large cannons on the rooftop.

"They didn't do any good against us when we got here."

"Let me do my magic then. Nightblade, eject!" A little dragon-like Micromaster flew out and landed on Hailstorm's hand. (OOC: A black Classics Nightscream) "Let's make sure the guns work against tiny guys... Hahahahaha"

As the two went to work on the cannons, Hyperdrive stood watch over them.
Chip1123
Protoform

Steelhaven

Post by Chip1123 »

Turbofire surveyed the ships infront of the 3 bots. As Ratchet said, they were not much to look at.

"We don't need much room on the way there." Turbofire said to Mirage. "We will on the trip back, but not there. For the trip there... I'd say we something that can get us there quickly, and not draw attention. Be nice if it could take a hit or two, and keep going, if ya know what I'm saying."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Amco Cement Works

Tear looked down at the assembled workers.

He wave towards where 2 of his henchmechs were removing a body.

"This Company is under new management capische."

Clinkers Metalworks and Forge

Backbite grinned

"so Mr Clinker you pay me a weekly fee and me and the boys stop any nasty accidents happening . Just think of us as your new health and safety department."

Nuts, Industrial Bolts and Fasteners

Strobe glaned round the office

"So Nuts, consider yourself our new partners. Your brother Screw he's gonna take a little holiday with us. Got it!!"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

"No need for such reactions," The doctor spoke aloud to Firewagon and Jitterbug with a hint of irritation. "We do have ways of handling things without so much drama."

While still holding Aero Blade's wrist, the doctor had turned with his free hand, typing a command on the nearby computer, sending a dose of tranquilizer down the energy feed to the young bots systems. Almost immediately Aero seemed to become dissoriented again as the drugs took effect, making him go limp again with just a brief noise, not quite a groan. The young bot pacified again, the doctor released his grip, then put a simple restraing over his arms. It wans't meant to pinn him down so much as it was to keep him from fidgeting like he had before, keeping his arms from being able to reach for the energy feed again.

"There. No drama, no oilshed. I wager your boss might be upset if that did happen unecessarily with your guest."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

"Quite true," Onslaught remarked. "By the same token, why do you suppose I've asked the two of you to remain here?"

After Hyperdrive and Hailstorm had left, Bluestreak made sure to slap a couple extra magnetic locks onto the door before moving onto the next room in the sequence. As he did so, he started to wrack his brains, trying to think of anyone he'd seen in the city whom he could trust to dispose of a cache of nuclear weapons from under the Decepticons' noses.

"Guest? Ha! Good one," Firewagon told the doctor. "Only reason we're keeping him alive is 'cause Torpedo saw-"

"Shut up, Firewagon," Shank's voice came from the doorway into the medical room. "We're keeping him alive because he hasn't done anything worth being killed for. Anything else we get out of it is purely...a bonus."
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Corps HQ

"Human foodstuffs..."Pipeline mulled.

Do you actually believe that?Construct asked.

"Well,if they take me for an idiot,I do.With no formal government currently,no time like the present to reap the rewards.I'd do it,and you know damn well Gusher would and likely will."He commed back to Swindle.

"(Hrrack)I thank you for your support.Expired or not,(cough,hack,couph)I would certainly like to hire y-"The comm died.

Powers down.

"Yes,I can tell.Then we're back down to the sixtieth percentile?"

Yes sir.Now what?

"We take a tour.And I suppose not threaten anyone anymore.Not a great idea as the new guys here.Let's see what the manufacturing district looks like.Check the warehouses on the way back."

Yes sirFrom the wall,a rounded disk came out,showing a small holo of Construct,who took the form of a bulldozer drone.And which bulk will you be today?

"COE Field Lieutent Crunch.Who else?"He hurried out of the office,and down to the main floor,where a drones body,which had been considerably re-worked,stood.It really did look like a full size,if slightly dumbed down,Pipeline.He climbed into the cockpit that had been built into it,and quickly slipped the part of Construct that was coming along into the AI core.The drone came to life,and the chest closed over him.Rubbing his hands with glee,and the drones in turn,he walked out and transformed into a full size bucket truck,and headed towards the Manufactering District.

Streets

Gusher finally got the chain off,and fell,landing easily.He brushed himself off and got back to work.He checked the drones progress,and helped the others.

"Thank you much Mr.Mix."With Groove and Towline,he began sorting through the work.Stripper gave a grudging hand,and he tested each of the steel pipes with his bucket,touching them and sending a signal down to make sure they were his and Pipelines,and structurally still capable of being used.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Road Hugger smiled at Onslaught."We know a strong power when we see one... Besides, Hyperdrive needs adult supervision otherwise he'll blow up Protihex "
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Steelhaven

A very definite sense of 'oh, dear' spread like damp fog through Shockwave's logic circuits. That took a little while, given that Shockwave had a plethora of logic processing components. When he managed to rally, he said, "Thank you, Skylynx. I am sure that your help will be appreciated..." And silently he added: just not by me.

Then he recalled the pieces of twisted metal in his right hand. "I regret I must first put these samples into auto-anaylsis in any laboratory aboard Steelhaven. Stratus, did Aero Blade indicate such available facilities?"

Down in the hangar, Mirage looked over the vessels on offer and shook his head. "Turbofire, we have the pick of these two, but in no way would we survive any sustained attack in them. Please do not beard fate!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Steelhaven

Post by Chip1123 »

"I just want it to not explode on the first hit. Give us time to get out, ya know? That's all I'm asking..." Turbofire said jokingly to Mirage. "That's all I meant by it. I know nothing here is going to take sustained fire and keep on trucking."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

Swindle was spared the need to spin an elaborate lie to keep Construct's ilk away when the comm line suddenly went dead. He wasn't naive enough to think this was the last he'd hear of it, though.

It's good to know ahead of time when someone's eyeing you, though. Gives you time to plan a suitably warm reception for them.

Onslaught accepted Road Hugger's praise without so much as a word of acknowledgement.

"If your teammate tried anything that stupid," he said flatly, "I would have to have him nerve-stapled to make sure he behaved. I think we'd all rather find a way to avoid that, no?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Road Hugger smiled at the suggestion of Onsluaght, "Yes... Nerve-stapling... Blackjack tried that. Once. It took a few megacycles for him to heal. Hyperdrive, I mean. He's slightly insane... And has no compassion whatsoever. That's why he's such an effective soldier."

Hailstorm and Nightblade keep working on perimeter cannons while Hyperdrive watched them, occassionally asking questions and pretending he understood the answers.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Suburbs

Chop Shop and Beastbox slipped into Protihex hopefully followed by the other Cons who wanted no part in this civil war.