[Original RPG] Detente: Swallowed by History (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Steelhaven

Post by Chip1123 »

Turbofire led Wheelie and Mirage to the armoury. "Take your pick. I think there's plenty to go around." He said, grabbing a laser rifle. He also grabbed a shotgun and some plasma grenades. "Load up fellas, and let's get ready to roll." He picked up a long knife, thinking he might need it if things got up close and personal, and waited for the others to finish grabbing their gear.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Firewagon unceremoniously dumped Aero Blade down on a table in the medical suite, then left him there to be examined by one of the mob's doctors.

Warehouse

"Good," Onslaught said. "Since you two obviously have the best perspective on the ways Micromasters might penetrate a facility, I'll leave it to you to figure out how best to stop them. I'll expect a progress report in ten breems."

Turning to Bluestreak, he said, "Someone needs to catalogue our inventory. Would you mind?"

"Yeah, but I guess I'll do it anyway," the Autobot grumbled. Picking up an abandoned datapad, he wandered off into the warehouse, making notes.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Steelhaven

Stratus found himself a place ot land and sitdown off ground level on a piece of equipment. He sagged a bit, almost letting out a sigh as he recieved the information from Shockwave. If that was why they had grabbed him, chances were he'd never be let go once they saw what he could do. He just didn't know what he was going to do without his bot.

Templar Heights

The unconcious form of Aero Blade offered up no resistance to the doctor's examination, but with so many of his systems offline it also offered up no information as to what was wrong with him. Until the young bot was in a more improved running condition, the doctor would be unable to see what, if anything else, was wrong with him. With nothing else to be done for the moment, the doctor connected Aero Blade into an energy fed, waiting for his system to come back online.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Steelhaven

Mirage looked around the racks of weapons critically. A precision-sight dart gun attracted his attention and he gathered it up along with its full clip; a sniper's toy perhaps, but he liked the heft of it and the targetting mechanism met with his solid approval. He sub-spaced that and picked up a bandolier of frags, and then a simple blaster pistol which he holstered at his right hip.

In contrast, Wheelie headed for the rack where Turbofire had found his knife and selected twin poingards for himself. They were long, wicked blades crafted from tungsten-steel by some unknown Omniforger - a bit showy, but very usable. He added a belt of throwing stars, making up for the absence of catapults.

Back in the sickbay, Shockwave regarded Stratus with regret. "I appreciate that this might not be appropriate given the circumstances of your loss," he said at length. "But, if you wish to do so, you may accompany me. There is much that needs addressing in Protihex - and I am well aware that my history may bring any actions I take into question."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Steelhaven

Post by Chip1123 »

Turbofire saw that Wheelie and Mirage were basically through grabbing whatever weapons they were going to grab. "Let's go guys. We've got a long trip ahead of us, and if Ratchet's right, there will be people on the lookout for us."

"Man it would be nice to have Hound here - be able to generate additional ship holograms in case we started taking fire. Or Highbrow - he could jam their systems, make it harder to spot us. Oh well. Let's go gents."
grimkuz
Protoform

on the way to steelhaven

Post by grimkuz »

"hmm i should see how cerebros is going" thought skylynx as he flew towards the steelhaven, he started thinking if shockwave will or wont be hostile when he reached there.

flying in there, skylynx trnasformed and saw shockwave, halted just before he crashed into him. "ah hello, my hopefully friendly decepticon, i come in peace"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

(OOC: Take into mind Clogs and Chip1123, that you may not even be attacked. Just call it a precautionary measure in case Warcry feels tempted ;) )

Steelhaven

Once Mirage, Wheelie and Turbofire were sent off, Ratchet went back to work, his initial focus being on Cerebros.

But before thst, he had a very important call to make. If Mirage, Turbofire and Wheelie were to complete this very urgent mission, they needed a far more suitable craft once they arrived in Iacon.

Moving over to the monitor, Ratchet opened a comm channel. An operator soon answered his call - but before he was able to get a word in, the transmission line abruptly placed him on hold, then switched over.

Ratchet’s jaw dropped when he saw the familiar face greeting him on the other line…..

(See Iacon thread for more details...soon!)

Streets

Following Gusher’s instructions, Groove climbed on top of Fortress Maximus’ body and began wrap and attach the cables given to him around the larger mech’s body.

Once finished, Groove leapt down and signaled to Gusher. “There we go. Shall we?”
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

(OOC - yes, indeed zigzagger, I know..!

Before Stratus seemed ready to reply to his offer, Shockwave detected Skylynx flying up the wide entrance corridor at such speed he calculated impact was immanent and braced himself. Thankfully, however, Skylynx managed to come to a stop in time.

"Please note: I am not a Decepticon," Shockwave said dryly.

Leaving the armoury to head for the hangar, Mirage glanced back towards sickbay and saw Skylynx's tail, which explained the whooshing he had heard mere moments before. "What do you say we ask for a lift?" he queried of Turbofire.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Steelhaven

Post by Chip1123 »

"Somehow I don't think Skylynx likes being used as a taxi, at least to somewhere we could get with minimum effort, but i'll let you ask him that." Turbofire said to Mirage.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Streets

"Good to go."A click went off in Gushers head,and the generators started the winches.He began to pull with the rest of the assembled Group.The effort began to lift the body off the ground and onto the pad that Quickmix and Stripper had built.Gusher was bound and determined to finish this job.At least without the Commander around,nothing looked to break.

Corps HQ

Power Output:89%

"Keep it in the low 60's for now."Pipeline told the Construct,the main computer,which had been connected from the shuttle and now resided in yet another HQ.

Yes sir.Reason for request?

"No point running with so much power with no grid and fewer battery silos here.We're probably gonna have to jack a few from the manufacturing grid since that's down.Compensate for it one way or another."

So,your stealing things again?

"We only steal if they hold out against us.I am perfectly willing to buy,but not at a steep price."Pipeline said,leaning back in his chair. "This city will be rebuilt,and you know there is no limit to what I am willing to do.Besides, there's money in this,just have to be paitent and willing to wait for the payback."

You almost got caught last time.

"I'm keeping that in mind."He told Construct."I need a full map,and give readings and activities on all parts of the city.Any grids not in power,particularly in populated area's,will be priority.And find all medical and hospital area's,another priority and for Primus' sake,check the Security in all area's."

Yes Sir.Construct issued back with annoyance.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Road Hugger, while listing down things to prevent Micromaster invasions, said to Onslaught, "If you are looking for someone with experience designing security systems, I know a Decepticon who lives in Protihex. Calls himself Hailstorm."

Hyperdrive said "Guy's a bit mentally unstable though."
grimkuz
Protoform

steelhaven

Post by grimkuz »

(ooc: sorry for all the mishap, im still newish to this rpg thing and i still need to figure out the kinks)

"really?but gusher said, hold on " skylynx said confused, opening his com link " gusher, you told me shockwave was a decepticon, oh and also what do you want me to do again, was it help him or ask him a question or something?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

@ Grimkuz: Still figuring out the premise of the Protihex thread, eh? Read this then - it's from our very own RPG-wiki page!:
http://tfarchive.com/rpg/site/locations/protihex
Have any other questions, feel free to PM an RPG staff member. Also, if you are confused how to have your character(s) interact with other players, PM them as well to prevent any misunderstandings.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Steelhaven

Shockwave's offer didn't seem to have much effect on the situation, Stratus looking as concerned as ever. Shockwave was still an unfamiliar bot, and despite his assurances towards Skylynx, Shockwave looked very much like a Decepticon to the little minicon.

What was also strong in his mind was earlier when they'd first met this bot, back at the Sterline Hotel. Aero Blade had seemed to settle in quite quickly around Shockwave, not at all concerned about him. It could have been foolishness on his bot's part, but often times Aero Blade's judgements about other bots also had been right. Right enough to at least wager a chance on it...

"Not the most inviting offer I've had, but not the worst either," Stratus answered to Shockwave. "Until I get something better going for me, I suppose I'll go with it."

Templar Heights

It would be several minutes of being hooked up to an energy feed before Aero Blade's systems began to come back online, his black optic band slowly coming back on as his two blue optics lit up, though faded from his low power levels.

"W-where...?" Aero Blade spoke, his tone weak and fragmented as he slowly took in the new surroundings.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven

Speaking with Optimus Prime (OOC: Iacon thread) put Ratchet in a very good mood. It was just the right amount morale he needed to resume in his work.

Dashing around the med-bay, Ratchet gathered the necessary parts and materials he needed, placing them down at his station. Generally not one to prioritize his patients, Ratchet deemed it necessary to start repairing Cerebros first. Though it would be awhile until Fortress Maximus was back online – put on hold until Mirage, Wheelie and Turbofire returned from their mission - Cerebros could still be mended with the materials available.

After all, the Steelhaven needed its captain online, even if Cerebros is only part of a greater whole.

---

His first task was to remove Cerebros’ outer armor plating, which had been crushed, one bit at a time until the Headmaster’s component parts and circuitry were exposed.

Ratchet then went to remove and replace the necessary damaged cydrallics in Cerebros’ arms and legs, working in the polymer sinew around the necessary joints (the bot’s gotta be able to move you know).
____

Streets

At Gusher’s signal, Groove let out a loud grunt as he tugged at the cables attached to Maximus’ body, hefting it onto the pad that Stripper and Quickmix had built.
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

ooc? im not sure if its just an occ message and theres no rpg in the message, anyway i want to say thanx to you guys for helpping me settle in and for helping me out, it feels good to know people care lol
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Jitterbug smirked at Aero Blade as the Autobot started to rouse. "Look like someone needs to start eating better," the thief quipped. "You passed out right in the middle of Shank's office."

Warehouse

"I take it you've never met Vortex, then?" Onslaught told Hyperdrive dryly. "I can handle this 'Hailstorm', literally if necessary. Can you two get in touch with him?"

Bluestreak wandered through the warehouse's lower level, meticulously cataloguing every weapon, box of ammunition, piece of equipment and mechanical part that they had in stock. Although some of it was ridiculously out of date and other specimens were bizarre examples of Quintesson technology that he'd never seen before, he recognized enough high-tech equipment that he could have easily supplied his own private army for vorns, if he was so inclined.

Is that what Onslaught wants to do with it? he wondered nervously. And if it is, can I stop him?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

"Sure I can," Road Hugger said. "And, you are more than enough to take the guy. He's a maniac, not much of a fighter. Hyperdrive, get him on the phone."

"okay..."Hyperdrive said as he went to a computer panel and used a communications and send it to Hailstorm. Hailstorm, this is Hyperdrive. We require services of your unique talents. Get to the coordinates I'm about to send to you.

"This okay?"

"Good, Hyperdrive. Send it."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Steelhaven

Stratus' reply was accepted with a slight bow, but Shockwave lacked the necessary facial components to show his reaction towards Skylynx - grim amusement.

"There is much I need to attend to," Shockwave said, addressing them both. "It is increasingly imperative that I assess the progress on works to set up a base of operations."

Down the corridor, Mirage laughed. "No - I will let it go, Turobfire. I would not like to risk Skylynx showing off en route and drawing attention to us." He set off again towards the hangar with Wheelie, testing the edge one of his new daggers with his thumb, in tow. "Shall you trust my judgement on the craft we take?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Steelhaven

Post by Chip1123 »

"Well... considering you are going to be in the same boat I am, literally, I'll trust you'll make a good choice. Ya know? One that gets us there in one piece." Turbofire replied back to Mirage, jokingly.