[Original RPG] Detente: Swallowed by History (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Detente: Swallowed by History (Protihex)

Post by Warcry »

It started with a dream. A dream of peace and unity, of a community that both Autobots and Decepticons could call home. Protihex had been a beacon of hope on a shattered world, occupied by those who, after retaking their home from the Quintesson invaders, no longer wanted to fight. They laid down their weapons, lived amongst their former enemies, and built a new society. But an unprovoked attack by Quintesson terrorists changed all that.

Now it is a shattered dream, strewn with dead bodies and occupied, however politely by Autobot soldiers. Autobot and Decepticon, once friends and neighbours, are dividing along racial lines. Tensions are on the rise between Fortress Maximus' Autobots, Perceptor's Autobot-centric civilian government and Shockwave's group of former Decepticons. With no relief in sight and both capitals busy with their own affairs, the residents of Protihex need to solve their problems on their own...or be consumed by them.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Sterling Hotel

Fortress Maximus moved through the city, slowly walking down the street and taking in the external condition of each and every building. None of them were particularly pristine, but at least a handful seemed to be in good enough shape that they could be converted into a more permanent hospital for Ratchet and the other medics.

As he walked, his subconscious kept a watch on the datastream coming from Cog, who he had left behind to interface with the medic.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Sterling Hotel

“Admittedly, I'm a sorry excuse of an envoy, but I’ll do my best to offer my own appraisal of this situation,” Groove kindly replied as he continued to walk along side Shockwave. “So, do pardon my audacity, but do you truly intend to relocate all former Decepticons to a different sector?”

Groove mindfully considered Shockwave’s plans within the appropriate context. "Well, I suppose I understand the need to expand within this region. If Protihex is to thrive, it can not do so through a singular mind or intention. That would defeat its noble purpose, reducing it to a state not much different from the rest of Cybertron. Protihex is, or should be, a unity of diverging ideas. But still I wonder, Shockwave, why segregation?”

Sickbay, Sterling Hotel

After Wheelie described Tap Out’s condition, Ratchet retrieved a single cartridge of CNM’s (nanomachines) from its small container, sliding it into its corresponding syringe-gun.

He placed the plunger nozzle to Tap Out’s upper arm, squeezed its trigger, injecting the microscopic machines into his patient’s systems.

“That should help a little,” Ratchet said reassuringly. "Tell me more," he looked to Wheelie. "Do you know if he was exposed to anything?

----

As Ratchet looked over Tap Out, Aero Blade had returned from fabricating more parts for Ratchet.

“Thank you Aero Blade. Over there will be fine,” Ratchet nudged his head over to his work station.

----

Cog soon arrived in place of Fortress Maximus, presumably to go over the plans of a new medical facility with Ratchet, as well as offer a hand.

“Well, I didn’t know one of Maximus’ components was handy with the laser scalpel,” Ratchet smiled in return. “So, about this proposal to design a new facility here. What do you have in mind?”

He then held up his hand to pause the conversation, looking behind him at Aero Blade. “Aero Blade? You mind offering some input?” he said, then turned back to face Cog. “You don't mind if he be part of this conference, do you? His skills might come in handy.”
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

"I don't mind at all," Cog told Ratchet, half his attention on the doctor and the rest of it focused on sorting out the data that was streaming into him from Fortress Maximus. "I believe my larger counterpart is hoping to establish a medical facility that is on par with the IMR headquarters in Iacon, albeit on a much smaller scale. As well as you've done here, you're working with little more than an emergency field setup and a few willing helping hands. Most of the patients you've seen so far wouldn't have even required your attention, if you'd had a few CR chambers and repair drones on-hand. Most of what we'd need could be pulled out of the Steelhaven's long-term stasis ward."

Cog paused for a few seconds, a faraway look on his face as he pondered more data flowing in from Fort Max. "Ah, of course," he said to himself. "Maximus also suggests that a more secure medical facility would be beneficial in the long run. A well-constructed and properly-secured medical facility will offer the city's wounded far more protection than the hotel, which is also the seat for at least part of the government. It is, to say the least, a fairly obvious target for anyone who might want to finish what the Quintessons started."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, lobby

Shockwave examined Groove's words and found them suitably diplomatic. A diplomatic reply was, therefore, required.

"It is my intention to call upon all ex-Decepticons to consider the several options for peaceful co-existence here in Protihex," he said. "It is, however, more logical to separate old enemies in order to broker an amicable council set-up. I am sure you understand, with reference to prior experience, that the two factions can work together, but there will be certain... tensions." He paused in mid-step, turned his monocular to look down to the other unit. "Of course, it is highly probable that some individuals may simply choose to leave."

They were near the old cocktail bar now, where a waitress was doling out an energon cube to Mirage with sour disapproval at, apparently, being unable to add something from the large collection of stirrers and metallic salts by her elbow.

Meanwhile, Wheelie waited for a moment to answer Ratchet's question. He could see the medic was terribly busy and felt he was unable to just break into the on-going conversation. Instead, he took a moment to watch the Tri-dee screen Quick Mix was still fiddling with as a newsbot was reviewing some events from the Iacon underground transit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel

Mauler was still looking for Quickmix. Mauler thought to himself. "This is just great. Mauler can't not find that Autobot. Hmmm Mauler need to get where bricktrick located. Because it beng a very long cycles of looking for that bot." Mauler looks around. "Quickmix! Where are you?!" Mauler said to himself.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sterling Hotel

Quickmix looked up distactedly

"Did someone call my name ?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Sterling Hotel

Aero Blade came over to join the conversation when Ratchet beconed, for the moment listening in while Cog explained the situation. From the moment the meantion was made of it being a medical center, Aero almost recoiled due to his phobias, but it faded away has he forced himself to think of it from a construction standpoint instead of the ultimate purpose it would serve. The tech nodded every so often at a key points when Cog spoke, but it seemed that he was off in his own world for the moment, likely already processing some potential designs for the facility.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The Tri-dee screen

"... and which has probably cost Iacon businesses a sum in excess of 90R shannix."

The CBC newsbot consulted his feed while the standard 'between stories' chimes rang out, then looked ernestly up into the camera.

"A report is just breaking about a murder in the Kalis manufactory district. City protection operatives have apprehended the suspected killer, who is being transferred to high security holding pending questioning."

The screen was filled with close-up shots of a blue-green minibot, raving and struggling between two larger individuals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel

Mauler runs into Quickmix. "Are you Quickmix or whatever your name is?" asked Mauler
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix nodded

"yes old bean Quickmix by name and Quckmix by nature."
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel

Mauler whispered to Quickmix and give him a mysterious disk with a decepticon insignia saying the word "confidental" on it. "Good. Mauler needs your help, Mauler found this to the storage room and Mauler was just hoping that you could encrypted this. Don't show this to nobody ok. Mauler want to know what inside this disc. Got it?" Mauler whispered lowly
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Sterling Hotel : Parking garage
Perceptor remained silent, pondering bluestreaks' question, although he already knew the answer. He had always been a terrible liar and had found that the best means of keeping a secret was to keep his mouth shut. At last, as he fired up the repulsors on the cargo sled and turned out of the garage into the dank, starlit streets of Cyclohex, he broke the silence as he turned to bluestreak, sitting beside him in the open cab of the sled.

Sterling Hotel
The hatch of sublevel access tunnel 7-b swung open noiselessly and two hulking forms stepped from the darkness of the subterranian levels into the cold light of silver and blue. Both paused momentarily, as if summing up courage for the task ahead. Perhaps an echo of what the two sharkticons had once been, before their lobotomy in the lonely recesses of Kalis. Perhaps a silent goodbye of resolve that only the suicidal could comprehend. Climax. All that is left is to face death as a warrior. With a twin roar of defiance they charged.

Cyclohex streets
"Shockwaves' persistant logic is not devoid of merit, my friend. Our accustomed affinity for violence clings to us like our own shadow..."

Sterling Hotel
The metal door of the kitchens was ripped from its' hinges as a sharkticon, torso covered with explosives, ploughed through it without stopping. With a look of insane, desperate rage he ran with ground-shaking strides towards the lobby, still screaming his deafening warcry as his partner followed in his wake through the demolished doorway, heading towards sickbay.

Cyclohex streets
"... disagree with the proposed course of action. It is my conclusion that ones' nature should be harnessed, in preference to being ignored and refuted, which is what I believe this segregation to be."

Sterling Hotel
Tables and chairs flew in all directions as the warrior blundering towards Ratchet, Wheelie, Aero blade, Tap out, and Cog on the far side of the restaurant...

His brother emerged far from silently from the hallway to the lobby to be greeted by a sea of upturned, confused faces. for an instant all went quiet as he paused, seeming to be drawing breath, before yelling "FOR QUINTESSAAA !!!" as he activated the explosives on his chest, charging towards everyone in the lobby...

Cyclohex Streets
"... evolution is slow and painful."
Chip1123
Protoform

Leaving Sickbay

Post by Chip1123 »

Turbofire heard the commotion and ran back towards sickbay, only to see the charging sharkticon running into sickbay. He whipped out his gun and fired 2 shots towards the sharkticons back.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Lobby, Sterling

~Moments earlier~

Finding a place at the bar, Groove signaled the waiter over to him. He was about to turn to Shockwave to ask what he'd be having, but before he was able to utter a single word, two Sharktcon's stomped through the lobby, chairs and tables thrown about along their path.

"Oh dear!"

-----

Sickbay, Sterling Hotel

~Around the same time~

Ratchet nodded to Cog's proposal. "Something permanent? Well, I know I can pull some strings back at the institute (The IMR) to help get such a project up and moving. But we still might need outside assistance to help fund-"

Ratchet gasped midway when two Sharktcons, one wrapped in explosives, came charging into the make-shift sickbay. When one of them shouted, the Quintessa's intentions became all too clear to the war medic.

"Primus no! The patients!" he cried.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sickbay Sterling Hotel

Quickmix nodded

"a bit of a challenge what but I'm a chemist not a computer programmer so I can't guarantee any..."

He trailed off mid sentence as the Sharkticons charged in. He dropped the disks and swept up Boomer and Ricochet from where thay had been standing.

He aimed at the leading Sharkticon who was wrapped with explosives and fired Boomer. Targetting the area between the Sharkticons eyes.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

In a normal situation, Cog would have been frozen in place for a few moments, waiting for instructions from Fortress Maximus. This was, however, no normal situation. In fact, it was as far from normal as one could get. Seeing the two Sharkticons bearing down on them, the drone acted on his basic programming, interposing himself between the attackers and Ratchet's patients. The drone's self-preservation subroutines told him to open fire with his shoulder-mounted cannons, but the offensive maneuver was overridden when he realized just how many other mechs he might hit in the process.

As the Sharkticon shouted and reached for the detonator, Cog uploaded what he expected would be his last sitrep to Fortress Maximus. Then he prepared to die.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel

Without hesitation, Wheelie hurled himself at Tap Out and pushed the ill mech to the ground. It was a dramatic gesture, but little else - Wheelie had no weapons.

Across the huge lobby, Mirage started quickly forwards, activating his invisibility shield. If he could get closer to the charging Sharkticon, he might be able to get to the explosives...

Shockwave, towering over Groove, stared at the Sharkticon. Automatically, his logic circuits appraised the situation and provided nine alternative courses of action, each with a varying degree of probable success. Under what was normal circumstances for him, he would have taken the response from the top of the list and executed it instantly; as it was, he was frozen with horror that to do so would condemn many in the lobby to death.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel

Mauler pick up the disks and hide it inside his compact storage room inside the his arm. Mauler ran off and look for somebody else who help.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Sterling hotel : sick bay
Turbofires' reflex hip-shot found its' mark. The first shot glanced harmlessly off the sharkticons' thick armour, but the second buried itself deeply in the brutes' neck, causing it to falter in its' charge.

Sterling Hotel : lobby
Boomers' sonic pulse goes high, shaking loose a large chandelier from the ceiling in the restaurant behind his target.

There was a almightly crash of metal and glass as serveral hundred tons of silver hit the floor, flinging tables, chairs, and freshly-laid cutlery in all directions. A large arm of the chandelier cartwheeled across the restaurant, hitting the sharkticon in the back, knocking it to its' knees. It rose, looking Ratchet squarely in the eyes, and growls...

Sterling hotel : lobby
"we shall never stop."
it reaches for the detonator...

it aims a hammer-sized fist at wheelies' head...