[Original RPG] Detente: City Upon a Hill (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sunstreaker looked at Broadside and then back to First Aid and shook his head. "No." Was his simple reply to Broadside's suggestion. "I'll do it alone. Taking anyone else along will merely compromise what I am able to do in response to any sort of trap."
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Iacon Medical and Research

(OOC: And this is why we never let Whirl be in charge of anything. ;) )

"It's up to you, doc, but after all that's happened I don't think we can trust Blades not to hurt you if he decides he can't trust you." Whirl shrugged. "Sunstreaker will take good care of you if you take him along, but he's not exactly low-profile, either. Blades will make him as soon as he walks in the door, but Sunny can put on a show of being there for other business, I guess."

He tried not to groan and the medic's other, much more naive suggestion. "We could do that," he said slowly, "but it won't lead anywhere. Axer won't tell us anything useful." The Wrecker shrugged. "Well, I suppose we could nab him, lock him up somewhere and see if we can sweat any info out of him, but they're bound to notice that. What do you guys think?"

To Topspin he said, "I'd like you to stick with me, buddy. I'll need you if we're going after this Axer." He turned to Broadside. "You too. After all, if we want this to look like a crazy Wrecker vendetta we'll need the most recognizable Wreckers to do the job that's most likely to be seen.

"And as for security...no more than your average corporate HQ, I'd imagine, at least in terms of manpower. They wouldn't want to make their visitors suspicious, after all. They've probably got a lot of high-tech security equipment to back them up, though."

Nova Prime Avenue

Crosshairs didn't need to be told twice. In fact, he hadn't needed to be told once, but fleeing in terror when your CO is standing right beside you wasn't a very good career move in his books. But as soon as he had Prowl's permission, he transformed to ATV mode and roared out of the room.

Don Coriolis'

Snarl looked pointedly at Grimlock as the other Dinobot emerged from the rubble. "Can't disagree, boss. Lets go get patched up."

Autobase Security HQ

"Nothing right now," Smokescreen told Getaway, "but the way things are falling apart outside the city limits I think we'll be busier that we've ever been in a few days' time. Consider this the calm before the storm, so to speak."

He looked up as Sureshot walked in. "Well, the Decepticons decided to hammer our prison facility in Altihex. Does that count?" He shrugged. "Our guys on the scene have taken care of things, more or less, but there's bound to be some spillover. Prime won't be able to let something like that go unanswered."

(OOC: Quickdraw, could you try to break up Blurr's speech a little bit more? Long strings of text like that can mess up the board on some web browsers.)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medical and Research

"Wait. This isn't a real Wrecker vendetta?" Broadside remarked comically. "and as for you, Sunstreaker, I place First Aid in your capable hands."

"I don't know... It sounds a bit crazy for me" Cosmos said.

"Crazy is Whirl's style, and it saved us more than once. So I have absolute faith in his plans. If it fails we still have me to pull us out."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Iacon Medical

Overdrive looked pensive

"I think we should come at this Tzai from as many angles as possible. Do we know what else they're involved with. MAybe we could disrupt some of their activities."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"As much as I like crazy... I see one problem here. What if word gets back to Blades that we nabbed Axer, or that we were poking around. Would that place First Aid in more danger?" Topspin asked Whirl. "Not that I don't trust Sunstreaker's reflexes, but a bot can only move so fast..."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Broadside said "I agree with Topspin actually. Sunstreaker and First Aid are going into deep enemy territory. Sunstreaker can take most of them down, I guarantee it. But you'll need backup... Someone fast... Someone..."

Then the fidgeting Blurr caught his attention. "Gentlemech, I think we can use him. You up for a job, BLurr?"
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Punch, Maccadam's Old Oil House

Thanks to the CBC, news reports of the various conflicts and battles filled just about every screen in the bar. Punch tried his best to tune it out and serve his customers, but other than the Autobots that had visited earlier, the place was pretty much dead. Civilians were scared, which resulted in not a lot of them wanting to visit Maccadam's. The few who did just wanted to get energon-plastered and forget about all the chaos.

That sounds like a really good idea right about now, he thought as he finished up his shift and clocked out. But rather than segue from employee to barfly, he ended up leaving the bar and transforming into his car mode. He told himself he was driving home so he could relax and ignore the rest of the planet.

Then he drove past the huge crater where Fortress Maximus had fallen. That did it. He picked up speed, but not in the direction of his living quarters. Instead, he headed straight for Autobase, so he could help out before he could change his mind.

Autobase
He discovered to his amazement that his security clearance still worked; it allowed him to get through security with little incident. This was slightly depressing though: it meant that Optimus Prime might have still intended to bring him back into the fold eventually.

Striding through the halls, Punch tried to get used to the idea of being back at Autobot headquarters. But before long, his instincts as a dyed-in-the-metal eavesdropper caused him to overhear part of a conversation going on in the Medical & Research room. Peering into the room, he found a collection of Autobots -- most of them Wreckers -- plotting something.

"What's this I hear about a job?" he asked, making his presence known. I'm going to regret this, he thought. But maybe it'll be okay as long as I don't have to transform into Counterpunch again.
Optimist Prime

Post by Optimist Prime »

Don Coriolis' Rubble

Sludge fell in behind Grimlock and Slag and followed them back to Autobot headquarters. He wasn't really sure where they were going, but as long as he had Grimlock to follow it didn't really matter. Their last battle already forgotten, Sludge ploded along trusting that his leader would know what to do next. If that meant recharging on energon then so be it. For his size and strength, Sludge was fairly efficient consumer of energon. However, his energon reserves were considerable and it would take time to recharge.

Autobase Security HQ

"Aw, Hexagonal nuts!" Sureshot said as he shook his head in dismay. Smokescreen's news wasn't what he was hoping for. The prospects of getting to see some real action was dwindling rapidly.

"You mean to tell me that aside from a few border region scuffles, the Decepticons haven't been up to anything. Is that right, Smokescreen?"

Sureshot's shoulders slumped and he leaned up against the wall.

Maybe some of these scuffles will be more than they seem. I could probably convince Smokescreen to let me check it out. Maybe Getaway will want to go too.

"I tell you what. Since I'm not doing anything anyway, I'll go on patrol and see what's up. Who's in charge in Altihex anyway? I'll let them know I'm coming so there won't even be any surprises. What d'ya say Smokescreen?"
Sunshine and lolipops are the right of all sentient beings.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"He won't hear about it, Topspin, because we'll be doing our dirty work at the same time as he's meeting with First Aid." Whirl shrugged, trying not to sound impatient. Planning had never been his strong suit, and he knew it.

"I don't know that much," he told Overdrive, "but my source did say that they were buying up a lot of failing businesses out in the Border Regions. No clue which ones, but if we could snag the company's tax records, we'd find out real quick."

He glanced over at Punch, a curious look on his face -- although his face was so inexpressive that no one would be able to tell. "Have we met?"

Autobase Security HQ

"The reports I'm getting say that the fight's nearly over," Smokescreen told Sureshot. "But if you two would like to head out there, find out what state things are in right now and report back, that would be a great help. Powerflash is in command of the prison, assuming he's still alive, so make sure the two of you have all the right credentials before you leave or he'll try to arrest you for violating one of his obscure regulations."

As someone who had made his career operating outside of the rules -- whether that be the rules of a game, the rules that governed the military or the rules of civilized society -- Smokescreen didn't think very highly of anyone who took them as seriously as Powerflash did. To the intelligence officer, rules existed as guidelines for the very stupid, not to constrain the creativity of the smarter ones in the Autobot army.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Tzai Industries Holdings

~Boardroom, Top Floor~

As Banzaitron shoke hands with a business associate, Blades stood behind his employer idly as he watched, with arms crossed and clearly bored.

As soon as the room was empty, Banzaitron turned to Blades, looking him over suspiciously before speaking. “You seem preoccupied,” Banzaitron said “Is there something you wish to share, my pupil?”

“Hm? Oh, it’s nothing. Nothing at all,” Blades quickly answered. “You know, just wandering off. These business meetings just aren’t my bag.”

“So I see,” The Tzai owner replied.

He paused for moment, still holding his gaze. Blades felt as if Banzaitron’s optics were staring straight into his spark. “Hmm. Very well. You are dismissed. Report back to at the next solar cycle.”

“Umm. Yeah. Thanks,” Blades loosened up his posture.

As the bodyguard left the room, Banzaitron’s gaze, though not revealing its' intent, followed Blades until he exited the room. His optics narrowed once Blades was gone.

Taking a place at his desk, Banzaitron pressed a sequence of buttons on his desk’s com system, then waited patiently for a reply.

“Hey, whaddaya know, it’s the corporate big shot himself,” a voice cheerfully replied on the opposite line. “Long time no hear! So, what service can I provide for you today, Mr. Tzai?”

“A simple task, I assure you, Dealer,” Banzaitron told him. “I need you to keep a keen optic on someone. I will elucidate further details once you arrive, and will provide you with the necessary equipment. Naturally, I will compensate you.”

“Of course you will, you being endowed with such a benevolent spark and all,” Doubledealer snidely responded. “Sounds fun. I have nothing going on right now anyway. I’ll be right over.”

Nova Prime Avenue

~Main Production Facility~

Once he was certain his fellow officers and any civilian stragglers had headed to the exit, Hot Spot transformed into his respective firetruck mode and sped off towards the main exit/entrance of the building, smashing his way through the thin metal doors of the main entryway of the factory.

~Administrative Center~

Similar “evacuation procedure” was also occurring in the administrative center of the building. Remotely switching off the electric-barriers he set up earlier, Prowl sprinted down the flight of stairs that lead to the rear doorway that Crosshairs had earlier broken into.

“Then it is settled,” First Aid said. “Sunstreaker will accompany me to the Border Regions. There’s a club in the district named The Vertigo. That’s our meeting spot. From there, if Blades requests it, we can move to a different location.”
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"Ok. So First Aid, Sunstreaker, and Blurr are going to meet Blades." Topspin said, trying to summarize. "Is everyone else going with me, you, and Broadside?" He asked Whirl.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Punch, Iacon Medical and Research

As soon as he made his presence known, Punch found that he wasn't exactly the most recognized Autobot around. What did I expect? Even before my hiatus, I spent more time as a Decepticon than as an Autobot.

"Name's Punch. I've been away from the team for a while, but I used to be a decent counter-intelligence officer. From what little I've heard, you might need at least one for this little shindig."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Don Coriolis

Grimlock stomped over to the police officers gathered round the wrecked truck.

"Stopping Space Mafia is very important, me suggest you check over ..."

He jerked thumb to the pile of rubble

"that very carefully, if need me I will be having drink ok."

Precinct House 87

Call Out clattered up the stairs.

"Come on Two Tone lets get this data crunched."

Autobot Security HQ

Grotusque wandered in

"ah yes Powerflash kills 99.9% jokes dead, That mech takes himself too seriously he won't laugh without a signed form in triplicate."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sunstreaker was getting visually frustrated by the attempts pair him up with Autobot weakerthans and shook his head again.

"Listen, I don't need help. I'm not some rank amateur who needs someone like Blurr to hold his hand through slagging some hack former Autobot and his cronies if they get over-eagre. He's more likely to get in the way with how I do things and get First Aid killed than he is to be any sort of helpful." He pushed off the wall he was leaning against and walked towards his charge, First Aid. "This type of mission needs, steady calm and as few people around as possible. The only known transformer with full on human ADD is not that type of mech." He wanted to point out what he did to get Prime out of Decepticon territory, but it was still classified, and he wasn't about to betray that type of trust or that type of opening for more jobs that he'd actually care about beyond the pay cheque.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"I think Overdrive will need the rest of our volunteers for his side of things," Whirl told Topspin. "It's up to him, though."

(OOC: 'The rest of the volunteers' being Scoop, Powerglide, Cosmos, Blurr and Punch, correct? Or have I forgotten someone?)

To Punch, he said, "Well, it couldn't hurt, I suppose. Overdrive, you think you can use this guy?"

Hearing Sunstreaker's diatriabe, he shrugged. "What do you think, guys?" he asked Overdrive and First Aid.

Autobase Security HQ

Smokescreen had to grin as Grotusque walked in. He'd always had a soft spot for the Monsterbot, and had collaborated with him in the past to great success.

"Truer words have never been spoken. What brings you out this way, Tusker?"

Nova Prime Avenue

Executing the better part of valour with gusto, Crosshairs drove straight down the stairway, through the door he'd broken through and out into the main building. That done, he roared toward the nearest exit.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Iacon Medical and Research Institute

"I'm sorry, but in this instance, I will have to agree with Sunstreaker," First Aid told Whirl. "The last thing we need is Blades to be on the defensive. Yes, I understand how dangerous Blades can be, but it has to be this way. Especially if I am going to extract any information from him."

Nova Prime Avenue

As Hot Spot sped away from the factory, in the administrative wing Prowl waited until his fellow Autobots had exited the building before proceeding himself.

As his body began to morph into vehicle mode, he winced through the grinding pain that Rampart helped cause. He then sped off as fast as he could towards the rest of the ISS team and factory workers, now waiting uneasily in a nearby lot.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Autobot Security HQ

Grotusque shrugged

"I was at a bit of a loose end . I just finished a threat analysis. How likely are we to be hit by an asteroid , attacked by Imperials , sucked int a Mirror Universe etc. The Mirror universe stuff is fascinating. I'd like to look at it in more depth but I thought It would reflect badly on me."

Overdrive nodded

"We could do with a research geek then to look at the paper trail, I understand that criminals have been brought down before through tax evasion any volunteers? Suggestions? . Otherwise the more the merrier for our little Jaunt
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Well then what're we waiting for? Let's go already." Cosmos said, impatient of getting into some action and fun.
Quickdraw
Protoform

Post by Quickdraw »

Iacon Medical & Reseach Facility

Blur looked at each of the bots repeatedly before shaking his head numerous times. "Eitherwayit'sfinewithmelet's go." He said as he continued waiting to see when the rest were ready to go.

Getaway turned his head as Sureshot walked in, then laughed to himself as Grotesque walked in. Upon hearing the prospect of a mission he immediately became more serious. "Might be a spillover in the prison you say...well perhaps that would be the best place to check first." He said as he got up, he then looked at Smokescreen. "Seeing as to how it's been a while since I've done anything that dealt with the laws to any kind of extreme. What kind of paperwork will we need to get Powerflash off our bumper's?"
Optimist Prime

Post by Optimist Prime »

Autobase Security HQ

Pfft! Credentials? Who does Smokey think he's talking to? I'm the best shot on Cybertron, probably even in the whole galaxy. If Powerflash doesn't recognize me, maybe I'll have to give him a little demonstration.

Sureshot smiled and chuckled to himself. He was about to get rolling when Grotusque arrived.

Man that 'bot is creepy looking!

"Hey Grotusque. Good to see you," he said with a smile. "Me and Getaway were just about to head out for the prison to see if Powerflash needs rescuing. You can tag along if you want. Right Getaway?"

Don Coriolis' Rubble

"Sludge follow Grimlock leader. Get drink. Sludge like energon."

The lumbering Dinobot spoke to no one in particular. He was simply stating his intent to reinforce his commitment to the current course of action. An example of the perfect soldier, Sludge always followed his orders. He really lacked the capacity to do much else. Some Autobots were committed to the cause, Sludge simply followed because he knew he was good at breaking things. He didn't enjoy the destruction for its own sake, but he did take a certain satisfaction from being good at what he did.
Sunshine and lolipops are the right of all sentient beings.