[Original RPG] Detente: City Upon a Hill (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Iacon Medicine and Research

Overdrive and Scoop strolled in the door

Overdrive raised a hand too Whirl.

Scoop placed his 2 targetmasters on the desk where they looke up at First Aid
Chip1123
Protoform

Iacon Medical and Research

Post by Chip1123 »

"Hold up a sec." Topspin said to Whirl. "He tried to blow you up? and you didn't kill him for it?" Topspin laughed, half serious, half jokingly. "Why would he do something like that?"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medical and research

"Hey, Blurr. Wait up!" Cosmos said as the blue streaked image of Blurr vanished.

To Whirl he said, "Blades? What the frag?"
Quickdraw
Protoform

Post by Quickdraw »

Corrider Near Medical and Research Facility

Blur stopped his dash down the hallway when he heard his name and looked around before turning to look back towards the IMR facility. "DidyousaysomethingCosmos?" He asked out loud as he stopped and cautiously walked that way. "Sowhatdidyouneedhuhhuhhuh,didyouneedsomethingbuddy?" He said as he got to within range of not having to shout.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Powerglide shrugged awkwardly. "Maybe," he told Cosmos, "but little guys have a nasty habit of getting chewed up and spat out by the big guys' guns before they get close enough to do any real damage."

Whirl chuckled. "Nah, 'Sides, it's the crazy flying that keeps me from blowing up. After all, no one can hit me." He grew a bit more serious. "And no, we're not killing him unless he makes us. He knows things we need to know, after all." He shrugged to Topspin. "Didn't realize there was any blowing up in the cards until after he'd gotten away. Won't make that mistake twice, I tell you."

He saw Overdrive and Scoop walk in, then nodded. "Gang's all here," he said. "First Aid, you wanna clue them into what's going on?"

Autobase Security HQ

Smokescreen shrugged. "Not much," he told Getaway. "Things have been pretty quiet since Prime got back. Aside from some unpleasantness with the Decepticons in Altihex, our troops are mostly tied up in policing actions."

Well, aside from the ones I sent out to kill Megatron, he thought dryly. There was no way he was going to tell the Powermaster about that, though.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Nova Prime Avenue

“So I see,” Prowl answered Crosshairs.

Prowl called out to the damaged archway again. “This is your final warning, Kingpin!”

Growing anxious, Prowl narrowed his optics as he waited for reply, hostile or otherwise. “I am going in. Cover me Crosshairs."

Iacon Medical Research Institute

“But where to begin,” First answered Whirl.

He looked around the office now filled with Autobots. “As yes. Blades,” First Aid began. “After he was discharged from the ISS, Blades relocated to The Border Regions. Even re-pigmented himself prior to leaving. This much I do know for certain. He at some point, I believe, was recruited to join a pitfighting racket. We suspect it goes much, much, deeper than that. And bigger.”

“Me and Whirl have reason to believe these events were being funded by a local Border Region “community center” named Peacekeepers Inc, a branch of the corporation Tzai Industries. The business, like most of Border Regions businesses, is involved in syndicate activity – it’s simply how Border Region economy operate. Not much we can do about that, I’m afraid."

"One thing we do know is that there was turf war between one organization and another named the Metacarpus. Whirl received this tip from a mech named Gearbox, who sought him out in order to look into some serious syndicate activity linked to Peacekeepers, and that, somehow, was also connected to the turf war between this ‘Metacarpus’. Whirl accompanied Gearbox to investigate what was believed to be a Metacarpus owned storehouse. That’s when they spotted Blades entering the building - then left shortly after. It went up in flames moments later, taking Whirl’s collaborator with it. Blades involvement in this has yet to determined, but it is certainly more than being a gladiator, or petty gang related work.”

“Normally, this could be dismissed as standard syndicate modis operandi, but I don’t think that is the case,” First Aid continued. “Each time we looked into it, me and Whirl were always led us back to the corporation, Tzai Industries. Looking up the corporation’s public registries didn’t reveal anything to us, though. Just various names and businesses that are associated with it. Possibly dummy businesses, though the industries the company is involved with are indeed legitimate. Perfectly legal."

"What remains suspect is that, while I and Whirl were waiting for you, I glanced through the Tzai Industries public records and registries again, and was able to divulge one further piece of information. Tzai Industries own over sixty percent of Border Region property and business.”

“As for Blades, Whirl was able to find a web-address to the sporting events that Blades was once involved in. I requested that he and I meet under ‘dire’ pretenses. I have no idea if the message was received, or if he’ll even bother to show up, but I have to try. Unfortunately, this had to be under his terms, thus our meeting will take place in the Border Regions. I have to know what is going on.”
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medical and Research

OOC: That's long... But I get it. I hope.

Cosmos said to Blurr, "Speedboat, slow down a bit. If you're itching for a piece of action, we here are probably going to get into the thick of it soon."

At Powerglide Cosmos said "Big guys like you draw fire from us smallies. Anyway, both big and small have their pros and cons. Don't need to argue about it and make you mad. I sure as the Pit ain't gonna pick a fight with you... For two reasons. One, you are my friend, no matter how arrogant and barbaric you are. Two, you have a big big body."

Broadside said to First Aid, "So... Blades probably defected to Tzai Industries. That I know. So... You what do you want us to do? Send one or two of us there so Blades won't get suspicious, then the rest of us ambush him, isn't it? This is getting like old times."
Optimist Prime

Post by Optimist Prime »

The remains of Don Coriolis' Mansion

Sludge heaved a great sigh as he finally mangaed to extract himself from the debris of the mansion. Being in his dino mode he was afforded great durability, but at the cost of agility. Had he been in robot mode he could have jumped clear of the falling building, but fate would have it another way on this day. Stepping clear of the rubble Sludge took a moment to swing some twisted steel beams off of his tail. The beams flew through the air landing in a clamour near the body of Jingle.

Unsure of his next course of action, Sludge merely stood to the side shuffling back and forth uneasily as his optics scanned the area for Grimlock. With only Snarl in the immediate vicinity, indecision wracked his feeble intellect.

"Uhhhh. Snarl? Where leader?"

Sludge spoke quietly and slowly as he tried his best to find the necessary words to communicate with his fellow Dinobot. This was his usual way of things. His vocabulary, though getting better, was limited to very basic words. Any word with more than three syllables tended to give his processors a hard time. Because of this, he was often regarded as the dumbest of the Dinobots.

Sludge walked towards Snarl as he awaited a response, ground shaking as he moved. Without clear direction from Grimlock, Sludge had a tendancy to wander to wherever his attention took him. Often he could be distracted by a quick movement or a shiny object in his peripheral vision. It took a strong leader to keep Sludge on task, which the Dinobot commander was more than capable of doing. It was however, difficult to get the Dinobot giant to do anything without Grimlock's orders.
Sunshine and lolipops are the right of all sentient beings.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Not quite," he told Broadside. "First Aid will go along to his meeting as scheduled. One of you will go with him as a very obvious bodyguard, someone that he'll recognize but won't consider a threat. Cosmos, maybe? A couple others, mechs that he won't recognize like Scoop or giant silver freak Powerglide, will tag along with the doc, keep a close optic on things and make sure Blades or his cronies don't rough First Aid up."

Whirl would have smiled if he'd been properly equipped to do so. Regardless, his single optic started to glow brightly.

"The rest of you are going to come with me. While Blades is busy, we're going to break into Tzai Industries' corporate headquarters, steal whatever info we can and leave behind just enough evidence to make it look like the Wreckers were behind the job without being able to actually prove it."

He glanced over to Overdrive. "You think you can back that play? You and I are the senior Wreckers with Roadbuster off doing whatever he's doing, and Primus knows how badly things would go if I was in charge..."

Nova Prime Avenue

Crosshairs followed Prowl into the office, but it was quickly evident to all of them that Kingpin wasn't going to be a threat. The mafioso had blown a hole the size of a coffee can in his head with a particle beam cannon, and his vital fluids had long since drained out.

"I guess he really didn't want to go to jail," the ex-Targetmaster quipped. Truth be told he was a tad disappointed -- he'd hoped to get the chance to put a hole in Kingpin's head himself, after what the mob boss' henchmen had done to Pinpointer.

He caught sight of a sequence of red numbers counting down on the mobster's computer monitor, though, and all traces of disappointment were overwhelmed by fear.

"If that's what I think it is," he told Prowl, "then running would be a very good idea right now."

Don Coriolis'

"Dunno," Snarl told Sludge. The Dinobot was unsteady on his feet, and as much as he hated to admit it, he really needed to get patched up.

"Come on, buddy," He gestured for the other Dinobot to follow him. "Lets go see the docs. The boss'll find us when he needs us."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medical and Research

"Okay... So I'll be First Aid's bodyguard then"Cosmos said. He would've smiled if he had a mouth. It's a much more interesting job than hovering over cybertron, in any case.

Broadside cracked his knuckles and his eyes brightened up. "Let's kick tailpipe. When do we start? I wanna wreck a lot of things."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Don Coriolis ex mansion

A pile of rubble shook as a figure emerged battered and scarred.

"being crushed by a building is not Grimlock's idea of fun."

~*~

IMR

Overdrive looked round the room.

"with you behind me Whirl anythings possible, well anything destructive anyway."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Nova Prime Avenue

~Adminstrative Center~

When Kingpin’s body was discovered, Prowl, now exasperated, placed hand over his brow.

“Ouch,” Inferno quipped. “Someone ought to get forensics or somethin’ up here.”

Sigh, this cycle gets better and better,” Prowl mumbled, disappointed that the mission hadn’t quite gone according to plan. Unfortunately, time for such introspection and self-blame would have to wait - Crosshairs discovered a bomb.

“Umm, boss?” Inferno gasped. “Is that-”

“Everyone out!” Prowl shouted.

He opened his com-link to Sentinel Team and the team outside surrounding the building. “Explosive device located. Evacuate the premises. Repeat, evacuate the premises now!”

“Right behind ya, fearless leader,” Inferno said. “Guess ah’ll have ta test out my ceramic plating another time.”

~Main Production Facility~

“You heard him,” Hot Spot told Highbrow and the others. “It’s time to leave. And fast!”

As the former-Protectobot led the remaining mechs out of the building, he worried if Sentinel Team was able to get everyone out in time.

Iacon Medical and Research Institute

“Are you sure that is wise?” First Aid asked Whirl. “I don’t want to potentially chase Blades off. It may be dangerous, but perhaps I should go and meet Blades alone. If you think it's necessary, though, I’ll do whatever you say.”

“And what of Peacekeepers?” First Aid recalled. “Surely you can find something out there. What was that mech’s name? Axer, was it? Didn’t you say he was involved? Why not go talk to him as well?”
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sideswipe sighed as he backed away from the door and turned. "It's all fun and games until someone sets a bomb." He said as he transformed and sped ahead of the others.

Brawn sighed at the carcass of Breakneck, "Slag" and then turned down the corridor with the rest.

~~~~

Sunstreaker shook his head at Whirl's suggestion to protect First Aid. "I'd be more concerned with protecting him than sending someone he won't recognize. He's your only lead, and The Shoveler, Littlebig-bot and Cosmos aren't exactly the best for the job."
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

First Aid stood quietly as he mulled over Sunstreaker's suggestion.

"Yes, I agree," he said. "What do you think, Whirl? Sunstreaker is better equipped, mentally and physically I'd imagine, to keep an optic on Blades."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medical and Research

"Fine by me... Broadside and Sunstreaker fits the bill as protectors better anyway." Cosmos said to First Aid.

"I'll tag along with you guys just in case." Broadside said. "Blades may have backup... We don't know how he'll react. Might be a trap."
Chip1123
Protoform

Nova Prime Avenue

Post by Chip1123 »

Highbrow ran outside, not needing to be told twice by Hot Spot. "Do we know what type of bomb was deployed? What is the minimum safe distance prescribed?" He asked as he transformed into helicopter mode and began distancing himself from the area.

-------------------------------

Topspin had kept silent, hearing the plan so far. "So which contingent would you like me to go with?" He asked. "And how much security at the Tzai building?"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Quickdraw
Protoform

Post by Quickdraw »

Autobase Security HQ

Getaway looked at the monitors for a few seconds then turned his head looking at Smokescreen. After a few seconds he turned the chair around so his back was to the monitors. "So any news as to how things are going with the Decepticons? Heck, not to mention has anyone heard of any new missions that could use my..." Getawy extended his hands out infront of him mimicking the motion of cracking his knuckles.

"...expertise. I figure by now either Optimus or Magnua would have something they needed done, correctly." Getaway looked over at Smokescreen as he finished and leaned back in the chair.

Blur stood there constatly turning his head and either tapping his foot or moving one of his arms as he listened to what was going on. After a brief pause in the conversation he leaned forward slightly. "Heyyouguyswouldn'thaveaneedforanotherbotwouldyou?IfsoIwouldgladlytagalongunlessyouhaveordersnotottaketolargeagroup." After asking the question he stood straight once more then blinked as it dawned on him that he wasn't entirely sure what mission they were going on, Blur shook his head and chimed in once more. "Soexactlywhatmissionareyouguysonagainanyway?" He asked as he started tapping his foot even faster awaiting an answer.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Punch, Maccadams Bar

The arrival of several Autobots caused business to pick up, and one of the civilian bartenders kept an audio processor on the conversation. As he listened, he cleaned the small energon containers (the 'shot glasses') and kept as low a profile as possible.

Punch couldn't help it; as a former spy, that was what he did. Once he'd been a double agent spying on the Decepticons and reporting to Optimus Prime himself, but he'd quickly grown to hate the job. He'd left the Autobots' service years ago and drifted from place to place, working whatever odd jobs he could find, as long as he could keep from being noticed. He avoided forming any close friendships, for fear he might end up betraying them. His latest job had brought him to Iacon City, working at the popular watering hole. It gave him plenty of opportunities to watch people and eavesdrop on conversations ... and plenty of opportunity to hate himself for it.

Why do I insist on keeping my skills sharp? he wondered after the Autobots left to go on a mission. It's not like I'm planning on rejoining them any time soon. I left that life behind.

But deep down, he knew there was no way he could escape the espionage life completely. Especially not if what he'd overheard was true: that Optimus Prime had returned.

With the recent outbreaks of violence, it would only be a matter of time before the Autobots' famed leader would contact him on the encrypted communicator he'd used for his spy work. Punch had never bothered to remove the communicator from his chassis; now, he really wished he had.
Optimist Prime

Post by Optimist Prime »

Don Coriolos' Mansion Remains

Sludge started off after Snarl, When the sound of Grimlock emerging from the rubble reached his audio receptors. The sound of his leaders voice made him quickly forget Snarl's troubles. It wasn't that Sludge had no sympathy for his comrade, it was a simple case that his low intellect could only process so much information at once. Now that his attention was on Grimlock, Sludge had forgotten about Snarl.

"Where you go Grimlock? Me Sludge not know what to do. Me Sludge think you gone."

At a very basic level, Sludge was concerned for his leader but mainly he just wasn't sure where to go next. Undoubtedly Grimlock would be able to give Sludge the sense of purpose he needed.

Autobase Corridors

Sureshot wandered aimlessly up and down the corridors. Peacetime wasn't a pleasant experience for a warrior like him. He craved the opportunity to get out and put his considerable skill to the test against live targets. It was so boring he almost wished Spoilsport was here. At least then he'd have someone to talk to, even if it meant enduring endless arguments over who was the better sharpshooter. He'd been to the range every day to practice, but with his superb skill and confidence he was quickly growing tired of it all. Already he'd mastered every training program available to him with both hands, blindfolded, behind the back, and upside down. He also knew there weren't any other Autobots up to his level of expertise, so it would be pointless to organize a tourney.

Sigh. What I really need is some Decepticons to shoot at. Surely they aren't going to keep quiet forever. There's just got to be some kind activity going on.

Sureshot decided to take a stroll by the security offices. Maybe they'd know something there. He headed off down the corridor, deftly spinning his dual laser cannon in a series of complex manoeuvers. It was a brilliant display of skill. Too bad it would be lost on the empty corridors of the Autobot headquarters. Nonetheless, Sureshot continued undaunted.

As he approached Autobot security HQ, he stowed his weapon to its storage compartment. Security had a tendancy to overreact to him carrying a weapon out in the open as he so often did. With a shrug, Sureshot stepped through the door and smiled when he saw Smokescreen and Getaway.

"Hey guys. What's going on? Please tell me something exciting. My trigger finger is going to rust off if things keep going the way they have been lately."
Sunshine and lolipops are the right of all sentient beings.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Don Coriolis, rubble

Grimlock shook the dust off himself

"I think we need a drink ,We leave Buffer-bots to handle admin side and have drink . Then I wll find Optician Preen and tell him what Dinobots do next."