[Original RPG] Detente: City Upon a Hill (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Maccadam's

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin waited as everyone got outside of Maccadam's. "Alright guys. Last one there buys a round for everyone once we get back!" Topspin yelled back as he transformed and took off for First Aid's office.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside Maccadam's

Powerglide stretched a bit and enjoyed the fact that he towered over every one of the Autobots -- barring Broadside, who was about the same size -- in the group that had gathered.

I think a mech could get used to this, he mused.

Transforming, he fired up his engines, kicked in his afterburners and shot past Topspin.

"Twenty shanix says I beat you to the gates," he told the Wrecker.

Nova Prime Avenue

Breakneck's spinal linkage cracked as Brawn's blow landed, and the thug lay there, crippled and decidedly non-threatening.

Crosshairs sighed. "Yeah, I can't argue with that," he told Sideswipe. "If this stuff doesn't wash off, I'm going to weld Trailbreaker to a bulkhead."
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

bostron walked outside maccdams to see some of the bots leaving " HEY" he shouted transforming into minicooper mode " wait up!" he started racing up to topsin. he noticed that he will need a better alt mode.
Chip1123
Protoform

Outside Maccadam's

Post by Chip1123 »

"You may beat me, " Topspin said, surprised at the speed of Powerglide's new form, "but that's ok. I don't have to be faster than you, only faster than the bot in last place!" Topspin said, revving his engines and picking up speed.
Arminius
Protoform

Post by Arminius »

Outside Maccadam's

Seaspray transformed into his hovercraft mode and set off behind Topspin. He detested using his alternate mode on land almost as much as being in robot mode. I need an ocean!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside Maccadam's

Powerglide did a barrel roll for the sheer hell of it as he rocketed toward the IMR.

You know, I think I like this new body after all...

He noticed Topspin starting to catch up and cut out the antics, dropping lower to the ground to pick up a little more speed as he struggled to stay ahead of the Wrecker.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Nova Prime Avenue

~Main Production Facility~

Hot Spot and the ISS officers remained still, rifles aimed directly at the mobster, who only moments ago surrendered and released Highbrow from their captivity.

“Go. Secure Highbrow first,” Hot Spot told the other officers positioned throughout the room. "I want these bots in inhibitor restraints, I have a few questions. And some one check the status on that fallen mech over there. The rest of you - as soon as we get the rest of the civilians out of here, we move on to secure the rest of the factory.”

“Hands behind your head,” one officer ordered the remaining attacker, while another officer checked the status of the fallen mobster who had been shot by his comrade.

“This one is offline, indefinitely,” the other officer said.

“Thank you for surrendering,” Hot Spot approached the mobster. “So, tell me, is there anyone else in the factory, your own or civilians? Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated.”

~Administrative Center~

“Likewise,” Prowl coldly retorted.

As Rampart lunged at him, Prowl drove his elbow at the mobster’s (seemingly) open mid-section.

Iacon Medical and Research Institute

“How blasé of you, Whirl. It’s as if taking down cooperate conglomerates is nothing out of the norm for you Wreckers,” First Aid chuckled.

“By the way, when I meet with Blades, what exactly am I attempting to extract form him? Do I tell him he’s being watched? And how on Cybertron do I attach a tracking device onto him without him noticing? Blades has plenty of street, police and military experience, and who knows what else these days, to which I don’t even know the full extent of. I’d imagine he knows every trick in the book and he may not be easily deceived."

He looked the Wrecker up and down. "Honestly, he isn’t a whole lot different from you Wreckers, now that I am thinking about it.”
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Outside Maccadams

Broadside transformed into his Cybertronian jet mode and followed suit behind Topspin and Powerglide "Let's see how you beat bulk."

"I don't see how bigger is better." Cosmos said as he zigzagged around spires, easily overtaking Broadside, who is flying cautiously to avoid slamming into any buildings.

"Bet you five shanix I can overtake you!" the ex-Wrecker flew higher, away from all the spires and buildings and going full speed.

"Try me. I've been cruising the space so long I know the easiest ways on heights. Besides, as long as I beat the guys on ground it's fine." to Powerglide Cosmos said, "Nice aerobatics. Used to be you're good only at showing off. Now you're actually doing something nice to watch."

"Don't make me go aircraft carrier on top of you." Broadside suggested playfully as he and Cosmos catched up with Topspin. "What now?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Nova Prime Avenue

Prowl's elbow drove into Rampart's solar plexus, knocking the former security officer to the ground.

Iacon Medical and Research Institute

"Well, hey," Whirl shrugged. "Us Wreckers need to do something to fill our downtime, don't we?"

Growing marginally more serious, he said, "I've got a few ideas. If you let him know that I'm onto him, he'll be on the lookout for Wreckers. Depending on who answers my little call to arms, we might have some folk that he's not familiar with who can tail him for us. We're certainly not going to try and put a tracker on him, because he'll find it almost immediately, know you're onto him and maybe even try to kill you."

In the air

Powerglide's engines were burning at full throttle and then some, but his new body wasn't really built for speed. Broadside and especially Cosmos were starting to pick up ground on him.

"I'll give you 'showing off' in a minute," he told Cosmos mock-threateningly. "I haven't gotten a chance to test-fire any of my weapons yet, and I'm just dying to try. Maybe I'll detour past your apartment and see if I can shoot out the windows?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Nova Prime Avenue

Post by Chip1123 »

"I'm fine. I guess I have been on too many missions with Topspin." Highbrow said. "I became too reckless, too confident in my abilities to handle the situation adequately."

------------------
"I wouldn't know" the mobster said to Hot Spot. "They don't tell us nothing around here. There could be more, I would be on it, but I can't tell you for sure."

------------------

On the way to First Aid's Office

Topspin saw Powerglide pulling away, but was content in knowing he'd be there soon after. He could see First Aid's office coming up.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sunstreaker shrugged at Cosmos and followed the others out of Maccadams and watched as they all started sneaking around. Sunstreaker just shook his head and followed up behind them, not really ducking down.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Arcee received the message as she raced through the streets of Iacon City in her hovercraft form. Taking that as her cue, she changed direction and made a beeline for the security HQ, engaging her aft thrusters and readying the blades on each side of her chassis.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

In the air

(OOC: Wyze, why did you quote the post??)

"My apartment? Sure,blow out the windows. It's about time for new ones anyway." Cosmos said jokingly at Powerglide. As he saw Sunstreaker joining them he said to Powerglide "Looks like ole' sociopath wants some fun as well... He loves showing off as much as you do."

Broadside throttled at full speed but his bulky body still could not catch up with the tiny saucerlike Minibot or his refurbished comrade. He has been out of action too long... The Triplechanger shouted at Topspin "Any idea what Whirl wants us to do specifically? I'm very curious..."
Chip1123
Protoform

On the streets, outside First Aid's building

Post by Chip1123 »

"He left the details very vague. I'm sure he will fill us in shortly" Topspin said to Broadside. "Let's go ahead and go in, the others can join as they get here." Topspin said to those already outside the building as he transformed to robot mode and walked towards the door and sent a comm message to Whirl, "We're here. We'll be there momentarily. There may be some stragglers. Kinda had a race to get here." Topspin laughed.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Nova Prime Avenue

~Administrative Center~

As soon as Rampart feel to the floor, Prowl quickly drew out his rifle and pointed it at the former security officer.

“Freeze!” he shouted. “Do not do anything imprudent, I am in a terrible mood. Remain where you are.”

As he kept a keen optic on his target, he signaled with his free hand to two nearby officers. “Restraints. Now!”

“We’ll sweep the factory, then. Thank you for your cooperation,” Hot Spot told the mobster, signaling to the ISS officers to take him outside to the awaiting team.

Highbrow?” he turned to the Headmaster. “Hope you aren’t damaged, we could still use your help. Earlier, you were able to detect our attacker’s energy readings. Are there more in the area?”

Iacon Medical and research Institute

“Hmm. Sounds like we have company,” First Aid said overheard Whirl’s incoming transmission. “I’ll inform the Paradrons downstairs, then. No need to startle them.”

Tzai Industries Holdings

In the boardroom of the TIH building, Blades stood behind Banzaitron’s chair with arms crossed, staring blankly at the other mech sitting the opposite of his employer’s desk.

Blades was always present for these meetings, standing “guard” to his employer, though he knew it was all for show, as Blades was perfectly aware that Banzaitron could hold his own if the situation required it. More so than Blades himself, since Banzaitron was also his teacher – and a skilled one at that.

As the two mechanoids continued to speak of things such as the beyond his comprehension - let alone, interest - Blades’ mind wondered back to First Aid and the mysterious message he had sent him.

“What could he possibly want to tell me,” he mused. “Pft, the Wreckers, why the hell would they even be remotely be interested in me? And why the frag should I believe a single thing that bleeding spark has to say? He and I were never tight back in the day. Why the concern all of a sudden? Guess I’ll find out soon enough.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Nova Prime Avenue

"Like slag!" Rampart tried to throw himself up off the ground, lunging for Prowl's rifle.

Iacon Medical and Research

Powerglide transformed to robot mode and touched down right beside Topspin at virtually the same time as the other Autobot.

"Not bad. You squeezed a lot of speed out of that archaic design of yours," he observed.

To Cosmos he said, "Now, now, buddy, be fair. I like to show off a lot more than he does."

Whirl chuckled. "I hope you guys didn't burn too much fuel on the way, Topspin. There's still work to be done, after all."
grimkuz
Protoform

iacon medical and research

Post by grimkuz »

Bostron drove just outside of the place, "please let me not be last, please oh please oh please". meeting up with powerglide he transformed and said " ok so um whos last?" looking down he saw sunstreaker " i bet him?"
Arminius
Protoform

Post by Arminius »

Seaspray knew that he was going to be one of the last Autobots to arrive at the facility. He detested using his vehicle mode on land and it took him forever making his way through the crowded city. Pulling up in front of the facility, Seaspray transformed into robot mode near Cosmos, Powerglide, and Topspin.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Broadside landed with Cosmos by his side, sending cracks on the ground where he landed in robot mode.

"Now where's Whirl?" Broadside said as he stood up. "This mech is dying for action!"

Cosmos sauntered near Powerglide and said, "Yeah, actually you show off more than him... It's just he is more flashy and, ah, bigger than us before. Now that the tables are turned, you are the king of showing off."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"This 'archaic deisgn' is time tested and battle proven my friend. Wrecker-tough. Something to be said for knowing your capabilities. I'm sure I'll get it upgraded eventually, but for now- I can kick tail without them." Topspin said to Powerglide, laughing as he said it.

"Not going to send us out without a recharge are you my friend?" He asked of Whirl. "No worries, it wasn't that long of a trip."

--------------------

Nova Prime Avenue

"Not that I can detect currently. I am actively scanning. I'll let you know the moment I have any more readings." Highbrow said to Hotspot.