Martin Taylor tries to kick Eduardo's leg into orbit

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Martin Taylor tries to kick Eduardo's leg into orbit

Post by Cliffjumper »

****. Just ****. I mean, I've seen Charles, Busst and Bullard, but this was worse because it was basically vicious. Thatcher-level thugishness.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Disgusting. you could see how it totally shook up the Arsenal players for the first half. I fin it hrad to look a the pictures for a few seconds, but here is what the c##t did:

Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I should add Eduardo is out for a year. He possibly will never fully recover.

I'd siad it before but I'm sick and tired of teams employing tactics of "Kick the s##t out of Arsenal so they can't play". It's been happening for years and people just said it was all bull because Arsenal fans like to moan generally because the refs allow it. I recall the lack of attention when Sunderland did it to Diaby. While English teams are allowed to let this "bulldog spirit" attitude carry on talented players will continue to ge killed and English players won't ever bother to really develope their technique to a high standard while continuing to wonder why they don't even make big tournements and imports dominate the good teams.
redman prime

taken straight from ESPN

Post by redman prime »

Arsenal striker Eduardo da Silva suffered an horrific injury in this afternoon's Premier League match at Birmingham.

The Brazil-born Croatia star required more than eight minutes of treatment for what looked to be a serious ankle injury before being carried off on a stretcher following a tackle from Martin Taylor.

The Blues captain was sent off for the challenge which came less than three minutes into the game at St Andrews.

After the match livid Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger called for Taylor to be banned for life after his horror tackle left Eduardo with a broken leg.

Taylor was said to be 'distraught' at the incident, with Blues boss Alex McLeish insisting the defender had no intention of hurting his opponent.

But Wenger was having none of it.

'This guy should never play football again,' he fumed. 'What is he doing on the football pitch?

'I've gone along with the idea for a long time that to stop Arsenal, you have to kick Arsenal. I knew that was coming for a long time now.'

Of Eduardo's injury, Wenger added on Sky Sports: 'His injury is very, very bad.

'More than the season is over.'

Blues boss Alex McLeish said of the challenge: 'Martin's distraught about the lad's injury.'

'It's certainly not in Martin Taylor's make-up at all to commit a malicious tackle.'

Wow.
just wow.

EDIT: showed my girlfriend the pictures and she literally ran to the bathroom. She thought she was going to throw up seeing the compound fracture through the sock.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Disgraceful challenge. Just as Eduardo was starting to show what he was capable of. Even if he does come back he may not be the same. Michael Bridges looked liked the best thing since slice bread before his injury - where is he now?
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Carlisle, IIRC. Not nice...

According to reports, Taylor is distraught, which at least makes him a better person than Twatcher, but, Christ, that was a ****ing evil tackle.

While Wenger is a bit of a lunatic (Arsenal have been kicked off the pitch a couple of times, but he seems to automatically equate any physical team with malice) he makes a good point that Taylor's general alright-ishness (as opposed to Thatcher, who had considerable form) is irrelevant, and that doing something that stupid once is enough.

I dunno, it's harsh to ban someone from a career which is probably the only thing they're any good at, but then he's possibly ended Eduardo's (I'd be very surprised if he comes back to the same level he's been on recently - unlike, say, Jimmy Bullard, the fact it was an illegal challenge will have a psychological effect. Whereas Bully could console himself by thinking shit happens and it's highly unlikely a challenge like that will result in such an injury again, Eduardo could well end up thinking any defender could make a challenge like that on him again). If nothing else he's going to be out for a year plus with Walcott and Bendtner getting better and more experienced.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Cliffjumper wrote:Carlisle, IIRC. Not nice...
I think he might actually be plying his trade in Australia now...
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

When I saw it happen I didn't think the tackle itself was all that malicious in spite of the end result, and Sky's refusal to show replays of the incident made it hard to make an informed decision.

Having now seen those pictures, well, I feel pretty sick and Taylor deserves to feel "distraught" over it as that's pretty much a career ender, and a pretty grim challenge.

Is it an unfortunate incident and not worth more than the 3 match ban? I don't know, I think whoever makes the decision needs to be able to take the emotion right out of it, and that's difficult to do at the moment.

What amazes me is that they were still able to go on and play the rest of the match, it takes more than just professionalism to get through that, especially when you saw the look on Fabregas' face when he first saw it and started calling for the physios.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Lets all sing it
"Usual Arsenal always cheatin"
Oh wait....
My team (the gers) had the best striker we ever had (Michael Mols) destroyed by Oliver Khan on the half way line.
before we played Bayern Munchen he was a 30 goals a season man after that he was a non starter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx5vyXdNDTo

He will be back one of the best players to ply his trade in Scotland came back fom this:
and still scored goals for fun
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

martyboy70 wrote:Lets all sing it
"Usual Arsenal always cheatin"
Oh wait....
My team (the gers) had the best striker we ever had (Michael Mols) destroyed by Oliver Khan on the half way line.
before we played Bayern Munchen he was a 30 goals a season man after that he was a non starter

He will be back one of the best players to ply his trade in Scotland came back fom this:
and still scored goals for fun
What about Henrik Larsson? Didn't he suffer a sickening leg break and come back to resume pissing on the SPL. Also Mols wasn't as good as McCoist or Hately IMO.

EDIT: Oh, oh, oh, didn't Marco Negri score 30 goals by Christmas or something in the half season he spent in the Rangers first team? Surely he's the best! :D
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

That is Henky and yes he still shat all over the rest of a piss poor league when he came back which was the point about returning from a career threatener I was making.
Negri was an enigma hated being at Rangers yet scored a hattrick every other game then got a squash ball in the eye from Sergio Porrini and never played a decent game again.
Mols was better than Hately and McCoist(two of my favourite players ever) combined as they needed each other(and a hefty kickout from Goram) to score.
As the chant went:
He gets the ball
He scores the goals
Michael,Michael Mols(no help required)
Are you a Tim Dinobot????
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

martyboy70 wrote:That is Henky and yes he still shat all over the rest of a piss poor league when he came back which was the point about returning from a career threatener I was making.
Negri was an enigma hated being at Rangers yet scored a hattrick every other game then got a squash ball in the eye from Sergio Porrini and never played a decent game again.
Mols was better than Hately and McCoist(two of my favourite players ever) combined as they needed each other(and a hefty kickout from Goram) to score.
As the chant went:
He gets the ball
He scores the goals
Michael,Michael Mols(no help required)
Are you a Tim Dinobot????
What's a Tim? A Celtic fan? No I'm not - I was brought up in a very Rangers supporting area although don't really care about them myself - I do prefer to see them win the SPL rather than Celtic though, mostly to wind up Celtic supporting workmates.

Also Eduardo could probably come back a fraction of himself and still score a bucketfull in Scotland.

Oh, what about Rod Wallace?
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rangers got away without having to sign perenial room-mate Ray, didn't they?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Apologies for the double-post, but it's only just clicked in my mind... Wasn't it last week that a couple of Arsenal players tried to cripple Nani for showing a bit too much skill? I mean, sure, Nani's career isn't in tatters and it doesn't excuse what Taylor did one bit (I don't for a second think he inentionally tried to injure Eduardo, but it does demonstrate a dnagerous lack of control) but it makes the Vengaboy look like a bit of a hypocrite, doesn't it?
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Cliffjumper wrote:Apologies for the double-post, but it's only just clicked in my mind... Wasn't it last week that a couple of Arsenal players tried to cripple Nani for showing a bit too much skill? I mean, sure, Nani's career isn't in tatters and it doesn't excuse what Taylor did one bit (I don't for a second think he inentionally tried to injure Eduardo, but it does demonstrate a dnagerous lack of control) but it makes the Vengaboy look like a bit of a hypocrite, doesn't it?
It does but to be fair Flamini made a brilliant tackle - he was obviously riled up and went in hard which is, fair enough, the recipe for disaster, but he did time it perfectly.
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I completely agree with Cliffy, last week the Arsenal players were getting incredibly riled and made some vicious tackles, Martin Taylors (from the video footage I saw) was just a completely unlucky and clumsy accident.

He didnt pelt in there at 40 miles an hour and use both legs, it was almost from standing, he went for the ball (maybe a little too high) it was mistimed and Eduardo moved the ball and it clocked his leg, accident.

Its still my opinion that the worst foul I've ever seen was the one on Mendes against Man City. You know where Thatcher ran for what seemed like half the pitch and just clocked him full on in the face, and then Mendes seemed to slide head first in to the advertising board.

The injury, incredibly horrific, the actual tackle in itself? Clumsy and late, but no more malicious than a dozen other tackles that happen week in week out
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

CounterPunch wrote:Its still my opinion that the worst foul I've ever seen was the one on Mendes against Man City. You know where Thatcher ran for what seemed like half the pitch and just clocked him full on in the face, and then Mendes seemed to slide head first in to the advertising board.
And, lest we forget, originally goaded Pedro and wandered off before Paul Dickov (Paul ****ing Dickov, of all people...) dragged him back over to see what he'd done.

I do think Taylor's challenge was excessively dangerous. Yeh, it was a little unlucky for all concerned that it totalled Eduardo's leg, but the "you see them like that every week" attitude is a bit of a risky one to take. It doesn't work as an exact parallel because it'd take something psychotic to kill a footballer, but I remember a lot of people having a similar attitude watching F1 in the late 1980s/early 1990s, no-one thought too much of big crashes and things like Senna's high-speed swipes because there hadn't been a fatality, and then - bang. Two dead in a weekend.

In review, I think a ban for the rest of the season (i.e. three months) would be a fair judgement. I mean, surely intent has only got to be part of it, studs-up is reckless even if you only intended to scare the other chap off from a loose ball. You can't let some one off for good intentions any more than you can punish them for bad ones (this is why they still have to let Michael Brown stay on the field for a bit until he does one of his spiteful little kicks in some poor bastard's knee).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

And just to cap it all for the Gunners, Spurs have won something. I'm just glad the much-maligned league cup's gone to a team who give a toss. I can see them taking the UEFA Cup too.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I suspect Everton are most likely. They have been on Fire in Europe this season.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

FANTASTIC NEWS!

:swirly::swirly::swirly::clap::clap::swirly::swirly::swirly:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 51,00.html
Arsenal's injured striker Eduardo da Silva could make a miraculous return to action as early as July.

The news comes after the Croatian suffered a broken left leg in a horror tackle with Birmingham defender Martin Taylor in February.

Even in March, the foward had thought it would take up to 15 months to fully recover from the injury.

But Eduardo - who has been recovering since mid-April in a clinic in Rio De Janeiro - has now brought this date forward, which is sure to please manager Arsene Wenger.

Returning

Eduardo told Croatian sports daily Sportske Novosti: "I am returning to Europe from Brazil at the beginning of August, perhaps even the end of July.

"Doctors tell me by then I will be fully recovered and able to play football again. I hope so too.

"I'm feeling well and my rehabilitation is going better than I would ever have hoped."

Backing Croatia

Eduardo's injury means he will miss Croatia's Euro 2008 Group B campaign against Austria, Germany and Poland.

But he has backed his team-mates, who accounted for England in qualifying, to do well in the tournament.

"I think the boys will play very well without me," Eduardo added.

"They'll get through the group and, after that, we'll have to wait and see."