[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Sound and Fury" Episode 10

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
secretcode

[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Sound and Fury" Episode 10

Post by secretcode »

I found this episode to be... annoying at the beginning with that stupid little girl on a My Little Pony reject.

But Soundwave really stole the show. Great voice, great origin... He really set himself apart from the the rest of the the cons. What do you guys think?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Yeah, the dumb brat at the beginning...I said on another board that I wish they'd stop doing this stuff. It makes me worried they might bring the character back later. Just thinking back to Teen Titans...

Anyway, this was otherwise a great episode. I loved every bit of Soundwave Homage. And while he compares quite a bit to the original, it has its own way of presenting it all.

I wish I could quote the line, but when he orders the robot drones to attack the Autobots, he does it perfectly. I smiled at that--really brought the character out.

Two other notes: Daniel was at the birthday party. So to speak. Second, I loved the "Please Stand By" Kremzeek--great touch. :)
Civ

Post by Civ »

I chuckled when I saw the little, robo dog was named "Sparkplug". The whole Sari/Bulkhead interaction was just annoying for me to watch. I can't wait till Lugnut appears and beats the crap out of Bulky.

Soundwave himself was quite interesting. Really liked the voice though a very small part of me was hoping he'd do a bit of broken speech as done in a past series. Oh well, no biggie. Shame he fell apart like Legos at the very end. I was hoping he'd be a bit more physically capable since he apparently had "Cybertronian durability".
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I loved this one for sure! The Soundwave homage was perfect, and his back-story really helped to iron out his personality traits and speech patterns. I liked the fact that he started out as a cassette player, and ended out as one too. I'm surprised they did that given that a lot of kids now days would not even know what a cassette player is right off hand. I hate that we didn't get to see Laserbeak though. I was hoping to see how he utilized him as a guitar. One things for sure, this Soundwave is light years better than the last one we had in a cartoon (Cybertron).

The little inside homages were nice touches too, Kremzeek, Daniel, My Little Pony, Sparkplug, ect. I really didn't mind the little girl baddy so much either surprisingly. I felt that she was different enough and such an 80's homage, that she was cool.
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

This was the first episode of Animated i ever seen and all i gotta say is wow, its not very good, sure Soundwave looked cool but he was made up of other robots? and then he falls apart with one hit? doesn't make sense.
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

I liked what I saw, need to re watch though, cause I didnt notice Daniel in it. No real complaints for this episode yet, I'll edit this when I have a chance to.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

Very cool episode. Soundwave's my favorite 'con now in Animated so far. Some really great homages to G1 in there from Soundwave's voice to his cassette recorder alt mode he has briefly. The kid at the beginning was VERY annoying, though. Hope I never see her again. It would've been cool to see Laserbeak in there, too, but I guess they're saving him for next time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Megatron works better when he's out of sight and pulling the strings.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Another fun and interesting episode. All the little nods to G1, like Kremzeek, were cute and Soundwave was a very interesting character. It's unusual that he was made on Earth and it was nice to see him similar to his G1 counterpart, especially in speech. His voice was very well done as was his speech patterns such as "commence Operation: Autobot Destruction", a nice nod to G1.

As before I'm looking forward to Megatron being reintroduced and gathering his troops and the end of the season should push things up a notch.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

Very nice episode, I can't realy add anything there. There is one problem I have with Soundwave,his woice may be cool and a nice homage, but it is a bit difficould for me to understand what he is saying. Am I the only one who has this problem?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

RUNAMOK wrote:Very nice episode, I can't realy add anything there. There is one problem I have with Soundwave,his woice may be cool and a nice homage, but it is a bit difficould for me to understand what he is saying. Am I the only one who has this problem?
Actually I found myself having to turn the volume up louder to really hear his voice as well, now that you mention it.
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

I thought it was fine.

Soundwave looks diferent like he should. In his true form he looked a bit like the Upgrade alien in Ben 10.

the strange Proffessor Princess was a little random.I think shes just a irritating little girl with a robotic unicorn and no sense.

When he was drawing other robots to him and absorbing them is like a evil version of a 2004 Astroboy episode when a robot if kidnapped and parts stolen and he comes back to life and absorbs the robots the gang hurt and forms a large body and goes along trying to find his friend, along the way absorbing and destroying mechanical stuff.its a sad epsiode but its happy at the end.

I did wonder though as Soundwave was inevitably going to develop a personality as he evolved, how was Megatron going to get a new body?

Delete Soundwaves personality?

I wish someone would just fix Megatron. Its horrid watching him in pieces.

And Sumdac needs to loose some weight, and get some sleep.he looks like he spends his time working while eating pizza and other stuff and not sleeping enough.

And Sari really should have been spooked by the controlling other robots. Its hardly toy behaviour is it.
But there were some real fist chenching moments of suspense like when Soundwave is stood on the bed hijacking Saris phone call. Real horror movie moment.
But Sari should have been loyal to Bulkhead and not believed Soundwave for an instant.
Did anyone notice how retro Saris phone was?We dont have those phones now, but they have them in the future?
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

No one was surprised when Soundwave told Megatron and Sari he was self aware?
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I really enjoyed this episode, but "I am self-aware" has to be one of the worst lines in Transformers history, in any continuity.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I thought it was fun. A little odd at the beginning, but fun otherwise. I really liked the part where Soundwave had targeted Sari's back, Bulkhead yanks him up into the air, and the shoulder cannon turns into a toy trumpet.

That's one of the down sides to this format. More of a buildup would have been nice, but I doubt they could have gotten 2 episodes out of this one.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Bulkhead: "Say, Sari, what was that little electric thing in the 'please stand by' screen?"

Sari: "Oh, that was my old toy that Daddy made me.... He got loose. I'm not supposed to talk about him either anymore."

Bulkhead: "Riiiiiight!"
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Rurudyne wrote:Bulkhead: "Say, Sari, what was that little electric thing in the 'please stand by' screen?"

Sari: "Oh, that was my old toy that Daddy made me.... He got loose. I'm not supposed to talk about him either anymore."

Bulkhead: "Riiiiiight!"
That wouldn't surprise me in the least. I hope Kremzeek does show up in an episode as an actual character at some point in the future. Although judging from the episode list available, this would most likely have to occur in season 2 if at all. One can wish though...
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

You know, this series does sometimes have the feel of a fan fiction.

Even I haven't ... well, no, strike that. I DID work a Kremzeek reference into my second episode of The Hall of Dead Gods....

(I wonder if anyone noticed the implications?)
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
fantomdranzerx
Protoform

Post by fantomdranzerx »

I thought the episode was nice. It's a shame that we couldn't see Laserbeak, but hopefully we'll see him later.

I'm really liking the generic robot designs for the series, especially Tutor-bot and the Garbagebots' design.

As for Sari going back on her promise to use the key less, it's probably like how you have to tell a kid not to do something a million times before something really fatal convinces them to stick to their promise.

Anyway, Soundwave turned out nice. I'll probably have to save money to get his toy when it comes out.
"Adult Robots may not act like children."---Excerpt from the Robot Law (Astro Boy)
DeviantArt
ronnskonn
Protoform

Soundwave

Post by ronnskonn »

I liked the episode and hope to see Soundwave again soon. I would hope they cut out the lame human villains though.