[Original RPG] Shadow War: Heaven is Falling (Iacon, Part Two)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Autobase Security HQ

Sunstreaker sneered at Smokescreen but avoided saying anything to upset the thin tight rope he now had to walk. "My regular fee, something like this won't require extra money to get me to come." He then looked to Ironhide and then to the other Autobots gathered around, "So what do you need me for?

~~~~

Blaster thought about what Hedge said for a moment and then shrugged his shoulders, "I dunno about trying to get in on what was traditionally Decepticon territory, man. They tend not to like the cool vibes we're sendin' out. I got a few ideas to get the neutrals in the area, but gettin' the equipment set up and then gettin' in fixed up 'll be pricey. I could talk to a few people I know in that area, see if we can buy some air waves, but I'm not sure the ends'll justify the means. You got something in mind to help ease that kinda start up?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Blaster's Office

Hedge looked around the room optics darting. He lowered his voice.

"Certain parties who shall remain unamed are willing to provide us with funding in order to establish a conduit , so that we can promote our way of life and encourage elements of parties that are traditionally against us to compare what us as Autobots enjoy with their current standard of living , and perhaps forment in those elements disatisfaction with their current leadership and way of life."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Autobase Security Centre

Smokescreen nodded to Sunstreaker, although the former Autobot refusing extra money seemed a bit suspicious to him. He made a mental note to investigate his bank records once the mission was complete.

"We're going after Optimus Prime's kidnappers," he told Sunstreaker, nodding toward the trailer that Ironhide was pulling, "although you probably guessed that already. You're here because we can't sneak an entire Autobot special forces team into Polyhex. Former Autobots, on the other hand..."

Smokescreen left it at that, trusting Ironhide would explain any specific roles that came up for the mercenary.

He nodded to Topspin. "Yes, lets." He glanced at Ironhide. "Are we ready?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

In Road Rages' clutches

Airplay dug her heels in

"ok ok I get the idea, I wont say at hing now as long as CBC can have the scoop when you want to go public."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Road Rage growled as she shoved Airplay into a cell and activated the energy bars. "Yes, you can have the scoop. Although as far as I know, you're the only network we've got."

Autobase Security HQ:

Ironhide: "We're awl goin' ta Valvolux ta meet Soundwave. Sunstreaker, yer job's gonna be ta cause as much chaos as ya can, ta keep Polyhex's security forces off'a us so we c'n get Prahme. Smokescreen an' Topspin, let's get goin'."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Offices of Fox , Baffle and Savage

Foxbat hung upside down recharging a light blinked on a console in front of him.

It was the CBC retainer.

He swung leisurely upright and activated a control

A screen blinked into life

"Dent what is it."

Dent looked forlorn

"It's Airplay her signal was blocked outside the Autobot Security HQand we've lost the feed to one of her camera drones."

Foxbat nodded

"I see , I will investigate."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Autobase Security Centre

"Pull into the trailer, Sunstreaker," Smokescreen said as he transformed to vehicle mode and headed toward Valvolux. "It wouldn't do for you to be seen travelling with us, after all."

Or us with you, for that matter.
Chip1123
Protoform

Autobase Security HQ:

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin transformed into his cybertonian vehicle and revved his engines. "I'm ready when ya'll are..." he said to Smokescreen, Sunstreaker, and Ironhide. "How fast is he gonna be able to go, carrying that trailer and Sunstreaker inside? And won't bots recognize that trailer..."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Kalis

“Hmm. I see,” Streetwise answered Nightbeat. “The department is familiar with witness protection.”

(ooc: remember the body shop, anyone?)

He still wasn’t entirely sure what was going on, but let it go since it wasn’t in his hands. Perhaps he’d inquire about it later to someone at the ISS.

“We’re done here," he said. "Forensics has already loaded up the body for transport. We’re heading back to Iacon.”

With that, Streetwise turned away from Nightbeat as he signaled the four other ISS officers present to head off.

Autobase: Prowl’s Office

After dropping off his report to the Security Centre, Hot Spot made his way over to Prowl’s office to meet with Red Alert. When he arrived outside the door, he could hear that the heated argument between the security director and Prowl shouting.

"Okay. Guess I came at a bad time."

Hot Spot leaned against the wall opposite of the door, listening in on what bits and pieces he could decipher.

“…The situation in...Stop interrupting me.”

“….%#2@# fools mission @3#&% The ISS @#%$ @3$& quit skirting around the issue, Prowl $#@&$3!”

“….It has already been explained to you.....
and that is why your department was placed under investigation…And do not forget where your funding and resources come from...

“….#@*&$%!2^….When the ISS was first developed, you assured me that therd'd be little military intervention. And yet, hey, what do you know, here we are. Pretty much defeats the purpose of having a civilian-oriented task force when, as far as the public is concerned, we look and act like the goddamned military...And you wonder why the damn population doesn't trust you?!”

Hot Spot quietly chuckled to himself as he eavesdropped. “Heh, heh, heh. Oh Red,” he shook his head. “Have to say, working under you is a one of a kind experience. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.”

(more drama to come. It’s naptime ;))
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kalis

Firing off his CBC credentials to ensure he was not mistaken for a hostile, Weasel dropped down on his jetpad to see where the story was. He slowed, drifting along a littered street in the warehouse district, catching brief glimpses of curious locals drawn out by Omega Supreme's appearance, which of course led him straight towards one particular building...

He could see Hot Rod checking the locale out from Omega's open main doorway and, even as he came to park up, was popping the polybox open to pull out the camera he had allocated to himself. "Weasel iss the 'bot on the sspot!" he chortled happily.

----------------------------------------------------

"Are you going to (I believe the expression is) cuff me?" Glyph asked Nightbeat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

"Blow stuff up, gotcha." Sunstreaker smiled and transformed pulling up into the trailer. "You know, this is a lot roomier than I remember it."
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Autobot Security HQ:

Ironhide: -closing the ramp- "Hav'ta ask Wheeljack 'bout that one." -shifting into gear, slowly pulling away, starting towards Valvolux by the least conspicuous route possible-

Kalis:

Nightbeat: "You might want to be uncuffed for the raving." -grabs one of Glyph's arms-

Tracks: -grabs the other-

Nightbeat: "Okay. Showtime." -starts heading towards the door-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Autobot Security HQ

Airplay produced a mike and shoved it through the bars

"While I'm here I may as well make use of the time, so Road Rage how did you end up in the security services?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kalis

Glyph, feeling those powerful grips just above her elbows, wondered if Nightbeat and Tracks would squeeze down until her sensory net failed and she experienced a total loss of sensation in her upper limbs. And there was the little problem she felt that she ought to point out...

As they began to walk her to the door, she squeaked, "Feet on the floor, please!"

------------------------------------------------------
A bar, Iacon

It was one of those insalubrious drinking establishments set up during the War, safely tucked way below the surface level. It had been an oilden favoured by the mechs who worked the anti-aircraft towers and still carried decorative friezes made of parts of dead Decepticon flyers; hence the place's name Seeker's End.

Thud and Thunk loomed over the bar as they delicately sipped their cocktails of ethanol and goldleaf. No one - not even the barman once he had served them - wanted to get too close and many patrons had downed their poison and sidled out discretely.

As the twins well knew, news of their return would spread rapidly. They had many old contacts who would understand that their being in the bar meant they were up for hire.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

CBC HQ

Badger slammed the locker

"Ok who took the camera , I booked it out. Did no-one read the memo about logging it on the equipment tracker? Systems are here for a reason people. Someone admit they took it I need that kit....come on."

~*~

Landfill eased himself out of the loading dock.

Recycling slaggin' duty again.

~*~

Kalis

Scoop stood sentry by Omega's Ramp.

He looked up as he saw someone skulking

He pointed Holepunch at Weasel and challenged him

"halt who goes there ??"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Kalis:

Nightbeat and Tracks: -leading Glyph, making sure to keep her feet on the ground-

Nightbeat: "Showtime."

-----------

Hot Rod: -leaning against the doorframe, watching Scoop and Weasel- "How we doing, Minerva?"

Minerva: -finishes the repairs to Stepper's knee- "Pretty good so far. Doubledealer's repaired, so we can drop him wherever they need him. Catady's still offline, though. Stepper's leg's fixed, now I'm going to try to fix Nebulon."

Hot Rod: "Good. I wish I knew why we got diverted here, though."

Autobot Security HQ:

Road Rage, , figuring that Ironhide, Smokescreen, Topspin, and Sunstreaker should be well on their way to Valvolux by now, simply shrugged. "Well, Airplay, I was in the diplomatic corps as a bodyguard. The docs figured I sat in on one too many meetings. And I think they were able to reattach Ambassador Grossblunder's legs and arms. Personally, the last thing that I remember about the whole incident was the ambassador complaining about my driving, the fact that I was 'too heavily armed' for a peaceful diplomatic mission to Klo, and a shade of red that he didn't like. The first thing I remember after that was Ironhide welcoming me to the team, and some vague memories of ink blots."

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kalis

Weasel restrained a grin: Halt, who goes there? indeed! He flashed his Official Press Card. "CBC reporter. I have a right to be here, sso I do... Doing my job, ssee?" He made a show of looking up and down the street. "Where'ss the action?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Autobot Security HQ

Airplay nodded

"Can't stand those political types myself, I know a few of them you could weld to the front of Twintwist as a replacement bore no problem , you know what I mean. Can't trust a lot of those organics either lot of them have funny ideas based on their biology, they think a variation in chassis design or paint scheme and a different voice modulator makes us inferior, whereas any mech can see that we're both based on standard chassis' .

Kalis

Scoop held out his hand.

"I'll need to examine those creds properly."

He commed Hot Rod

"some Mozzie just turned up what do you want me to do?"

~*~

Overdrive sat on a bench and stripped his weapons oiling the parts carefully.

He looked over at Roadbuster

"When are you going to upgrade that ole laser rifle of yours to a proper weapon like my Plasma Beam rifle?"

Warehouse 21-b/f

Doublecross stood in the doorway of the warehouse.

"good job your doing here yesss." Hissed Doublecross.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kalis

"Of coursse," Weasel agreed. "But Weasel iss not coming in there... might missss the sstory and that would never do, oh no, never do."

He sidled closer to Omega Supreme, holding his ID out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Tzai Industires Holdings: Downtown Iacon

In his spaciously large and lavishly decorated office, the president of Tzai Industires leans back in his recliner, facing a large window over looking the city below.

The chair swivels towards the front of the office when the doorway opens and Axer walks in.

“Ah, Axer,” he said. “So what tidings do you have for me today?”

“Plenty. What do you want to hear first?"

“Oh, don't be so blasé. You know I am anxious to hear of Peacekeeper’s current celebrity? What of his stasis?”

“A full recovery," Axer told him. "He’s still in stasis lock as requested. You got my report, right?”

“Indeed I did. Very fascinating. The fragments of the subject’s identity that your staff was able to extract...it is something that should not be taken lightly. But yes, the subject is already known to me.”

“What do you intend to do?”

“The time has come, Axer, that a cap be placed on Peacekeeper’s more, should we say, liable activities…including the arena fights. With our growing presence in the Iaconian infrastructure and our more recent, and most regretful, dispute and with the Metacarpus requires that we take the necessary precautions.”

“Well, I get the necessity of severing our connections to the underworld and all that,” Axer replied. “But what about Blades? You're not going to get rid of him are you?" Fear was evident in his voice.

“No, no, not at all,” the Tzai president pressed the intercom switch on his desk. "Bring me the chip, would you?" he said into the corresponding microphone.

An indistinguishable mech fashioned in the armor of the Tzai’s colors soon walked in, a small transparent canister in hand. He placed it down onto the desk, bowed, then left the room.

Axer quizzically tilted his head as he examined to contents of the canister. “What is that?” Axer inquired. "Some kind of microchip?"

“Though he already knows far too much, he is still a very valuable asset. This will provide the necessary conditioning, if this Blades is to learn the art. He is skilled, but is without purpose. He requires a guide."

“You’re bringing him into the circle?!” Axer raised his voice. “Blades is not cut out to be one of your servile grunts you have running around your estate. Let me deal with him.”

“Your emotions over this matter do not precede the needs and safety of the organization. I did not invite debate, Axer,” he snapped back, quickly silencing Axer’s protests. “But, fear not, I have something more suitable in mind.”

He slid the canister across the desk to Axer. “Provide this ‘guide’ to the medical staff at the labs. They’ll know what to do. Once the subject has been awakened, bring him to me. He must be properly introduced to his new employer.”