[Original RPG] Shadow War: Heaven is Falling (Iacon, Part Two)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Autobase Security HQ:

Road Rage's optics crinkled around the corners. She felt a serious headache coming on. But, some small part of her mused, she could, if nothing else, share the pain a little. "Hubcap's in here for, as you correctly guessed, protective custody. He gave us some information, and various of his supporters were.... well, less than enthused. As for Bumblebee, he got here before my duty shift started......" She paused, giving the monitor a meaningful look. "You know, I do really have to wonder if that is a lawyer out there. He looks a little too perfect for the role. Like he's trying to hard. For all we know, Hubcap, your friends sent him. He could be a hit man, come to gun us all down."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Autobase Security Centre

"Flattery will get you everywhere." Hubcap gave Airplay a smile. "If by 'protective custody' you mean the Wreckers burned my business to the ground for fun and I had to choose between testifying against my clients or getting shot by them, then I suppose you've got it right. So far the security folk have been...well, hospitable isn't quite the right word, but they haven't locked me in a cage or let Crosshairs shoot me, so I suppose it's better than the alternative."

He turned to look at Road Rage. "Well, you're the expert. But I've seen him giving interviews on the news plenty of times. Well, diatribes, really. His name is...Foxblood? Firebat? Something like that."

Hearing Bumblebee's calls, he asked, "Are you just going to let him go on screaming like that? Before you know it, he'll be claiming he's killed Optimus Prime again..."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Magnus's office, Autobase

Ultra Magnus said nothing for the moment, listening silently to Crosshairs and Prowl while his processor calculated all the information he had been presented with. Something such as this was definitely not one to be rushed into.

"What would you do after you have siezed the leader?" Ultra Magnus asked after a moment, his optics still reviewing the datapad for the moment. "What you intend for him could be more important in the eyes of the public than the fact that you captured him. This has the potential to become a very complicated situation if you do not have all angles figured out..."

Omega Supreme

"I think we should be able to do that easily," Hound answered to Nightbeat. "Though Spike and I haven't gotten in too much practice before the latest events. I can't be sure how well it'd hold up over a distance. We might need to come along with you to be sure works alright, if we can do it without looking suspicious."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Magnus's Office

"Well, if you left it up to me I would just lock him in a room with Grimlock until he told us everything we wanted to know." Crosshairs' voice betrayed a cold hatred that he never would have believed himself capable of, even just a few months ago. "But as you say, we have to take public opinion into account, so we would have to turn him over to the civil prosecutors once we have a judiciary set up. But I don't think it'll come to that. I expect he'll chose to cut a deal and go into witness protection over the alternative of spending a few vorns in a prison camp." He smiled, but it was a frigid smile. "If we can get one of their captains to turn witness for us, we might just be able to wind up their entire operation in Autobot territory."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Autobot Security HQ

Airplay tapped a command to the second camera unit that was still spinning aimlessly in a corner.

"The Wreckers burnt down your warehouse!! Slag I was right , tell me more so we can nail those supercilious slaggers."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Autobase Security Centre

Hubcap smiled and leaned forward, meeting Airplay's optics with polished ease. "Well, I can't say that I know much more than you probably do, I'm afraid. I was going about my daily business when they arrived, accused me of stealing from them, and started threatening to murder me. No attempt to talk, no interest in my side of the story, nothing. If Ironhide and Smokescreen hadn't pulled my chassis out of there, I probably would have burned with the warehouse. Before we were even out of sight, the place was ablaze."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Meanwhile, somewhere in Iacon:

Specifically, the local Cineplex, showing the movie "Horror Beach Party":

Slag, Sludge, and Swoop, the only ones in the theater, sat watching the screen.

Swoop: "I have to say, it's easier on the show."

Sludge: "Why they singing like that?"

Slag: "They're in pain. I know I am......"

Slag, Sludge, and Swoop: -cheering as the monsters attack the slumber party-

Slag: "Break the guitar! BREAK THE GUITAR!!!!!!"

Swoop: "Where's the blood? Where's the gore?"

Sludge: "How could we tell if it's there? It's black and white......"

Omega Supreme:

Nightbeat: "That should work. You can probably tag along with that guy over there." -points at Gnarl- "We need to lug him inside as well., I'd guess."

Hot Rod: "Yeah." -looks out the hatch, sees Foxbat- "Now I wonder who that is...."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Magnus's Office, Autobase

"It sounds as though you have all of the angles covered," Ultra Magnus started to Crosshairs, "But this situation can still very quickly go in a direction you did not anticipate. I will grant you the authority and warrents to carry out your proposal under the strict guidelines that you are to re port in any major changes to the situation. We do not want something such as this to get out of hand..."

Omega Supreme

"Well, sounds like we've got a plan," Hounde answered to Nightbeat. "I better check it with Spike before promising anything on both of our behales, though, unless there's anything else you need to ask about first."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Magnus' Office

Crosshairs nodded. "Of course, sir," he said in a voice that was almost-but-not-quite completely convincing. "That goes without saying. And thank you."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kalis

Weasel shut the camera off and stowed it carefully away in its box. Oh, this story had potential when carefully edited. And Spinnet...? Idly, while filming views of the old warehouse and the street, Weasel had cut to the Ident Registry and picked up a description of the murder victim; not much to look at, but such an interesting application for a cargo haulage license just after the declaration of peace!

Securing the camera on his borrowed jetpad, Weasel hissed happily to himself: "Ssoooo, Sspinnet? Approved routess all over the Northern Territoriess! Who took them over, I wonder?" He could practically smell the decomposing piscine and resolved to reopen his tap into the commercial database when he returned to CBC HQ.

It was quite a ride back, but telling the security systems that he was really a medical emergency unit made things much easier...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Autobot Security HQ

Airplay rubbed her chin

"Ironhide and Smokescreen as the heroes I could work with that, keeping the streets safe and upholding the law while rogue units run amok."

~*~

Foxbat swiveled spying Nightbeat

"Ah my good fellow I am attempting to gain egress , howeve the occupants are not ackknowledging my prescence which I am finding quite frustrating."

CBC HQ

Transmission hovered over the roof mounted helipad.

"Thank you for flying Tran-Air, this is your Captain Transmission wishing you a pleasant onward journey."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

CBC HQ

"Onward journey," Transcan mused, rising from his seat amidst the stored mobile cameras (one less than they set off with). "What're you up for, 'Mission - a sweet, flat energon in the flyers' bar or a containment of something brewed so long in a tungsten cauldron it tastes like smelting run-off?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

CBC HQ

Transmission popped open the door lock and it slid open.

"I think after that gig I could do with the strong stuff."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

CBC HQ

"The staff canteen it is, then!" Transcan jumped between the scattered pieces of equipment and out of the door, radioing for some of the station crewmembers to come into the hangar and get Transmission safely unloaded so he could transform.

"Hey, y'know, on Earth they got this black stuff that looks, smells and tastes like our canteen made it. The humans call it 'coffee', heh."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Autobase Security Centre

Hubcap would have scoffed at Airplay's blatant massaging of the facts, but it suited his purposes so he let it pass. "What about him?" he asked, jerking his head in the direction of Bumblebee's cell. "I'll bet his story is just as interesting as mine..."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Autobase Security HQ:

Road Rage scowled. "We're all staying as quiet as we can in here, barring any shrill outbursts of screaming, until certain events have been resolved." She fixed Airplay with a glare. "You DO still want the exclusive on the return of Prime, don't you?"

Omega Supreme:

Nightbeat: -seeing Foxbat, muttering under his breath- "Bloody hell...."

Hot Rod: "What? Just some guy in a suit."

Nightbeat: "He's a high-priced mouthpiece. Probably here for Bumblebee's defense."

Stepper: "Or the underworld's trying to get damages back for us blowing up Hubcap's warehouse."

Hot Rod: "I don't want to know, do I."

Roadbuster: "Probably not."

Hot Rod: "Right. Nightbeat, I'm going to try to distract the lawyer. You get the prisoners inside." -starts down the ramp- "Gee, I hope somebody's home, we've got a couple of prisoners to drop off. My name's Hot Rod. What's yours?"

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Autobot Security HQ

Foxbat hovered in front of Hot Rod

He produced a business card and proffered it ina claw to Hot Rod

"names Foxbat, pleased to meet you."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Don Coriolis' Private Villa the suburbs.

Don Coriolis had had a good year a very good year and was throwing a party for the top members of his organisation and some selected made men.

He sipped the energon-champagne as he looked on at the celebrations proceeded below in the courtyard.

He picked his way down the steps into the courtyard and slipped into his cahir at the centre of the main table.

He turned to his Consigliere.

"what have you arranged next for the entertainment Haggard."

Haggard consulted a datapad

"next up is the traditional Cybertronian Folk Dancers."
secretcode

Bumblebee's Cell

Post by secretcode »

Bumblebee looked up from the ball in his hand, overhearing the comments from Airplay and Hubcap.

"My story was just a misunderstanding. I went and killed Bugbite, who while he was dying, decided it would be a great idea to turn into Optimus Prime..." He walked toward the cell door. "So naturally I was shocked. I took it pretty bad. I thought I actually killed Prime. Don't know why I let it get to me so bad."

He then thought of the gaping hole he left behind in Prothiex. "How bad was the damage I caused?"

"I have an idea... You need another person to help maintain the law? I can help Ironhide. Old Grump would be happy to see me."
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Don Coriolis' Villa

The dancers moved through the crowd towards the stage. one of them had a representaion of a Mecha-equine which he used to prod and but the guests in jest.

The 3 leaders assembled on the stage and struck up a jaunty tune on a fiddle , flute and melodeon.

The others formed up 2 parrellell lines as the Hobby horse weaved in between them, the dancers were all painted black and white with bells round there wrists and ankles and short cudgels in each hand.