[Original RPG] Shadow War: How Much Is Enough? (Tygun Span)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Catady took Static's hand and allowed him to haul her back to her feet. Her smile became bright, although still a little brittle. "If I try to interview him," she said, thumbing at Gnarl. "I think someone would do me for press brutality. I would rather be interviewing one of the famous Wreckers..."

She raised her right hand to indicate the mike button at the base of her throat and winced at the sudden pain shooting through her servos as something gave way in her shoulder rotation joint. A wave of what could best be described as nausea hit her and she staggered.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Transmission touched down near the gaggle of mechs and popped open his door fot Transcan.

~*~

Static steadied Catady and then turned his head to Roadbuster.

"You didn't happen to bring a medic with you ?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"Well it looks like you took quite a beating by the time we got here," Hound spoke to Doubledealer as he gave him a pleasant smile. "How're you feeling?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Well, that's what testing facilities are for, my friend." Cosmos looked Jetfire up and down. "If Wheeljack had properly tested all the upgrades before he started stapling things onto you, stuff like this wouldn't happen." He chuckled. "Well, not quite so much, anyway. Even those of us who don't sign up for guinea pig duty still hit the ground from time to time."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: "Interview? Why would anybody want to interview a Wrecker?"

Minerva: -confused look on her face, looking down at Knok- "Is there some specific reason you didn't want me to watch him transform? What if he got stuck?"

Hot Rod: -transforming to vehicle mode, revving his engine, shifting into gear, and heading towards Omega Supreme-

Jetfire: "But we had tested it in the lab. The boosters provided too much thrust. In space, they're fine. But in a planetary atmosphere..... the thrust vectoring gymbals don't have the response of actual flight surfaces. Of course, part of this might mean overhauling my own reaction time as well."

Stepper: -stumping along next to the taller Autobot- "Trust me. That is NOT a good idea."

Nebulon: -whistles in agreement-

Jetfire: "Why? It might be interesting."

Stepper: -scowling- "Just trust me." -snorts- "You could just dial the power back to your jets and practice."

Jetfire: "Where's the fun in that? Although it is a good idea....."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Transcan slipped between what were, to him, enormous bodies and gave Catady the once over. It wasn't so bad this time, he noted, but it would never go away - and that shoulder was obviously hurting. Static had already asked for a medic, so he was going to be the one making sure Catady was distracted enough to stay OK. Jumping onto a handy rock, he tipped his head back to look up at Roadbuster.

"Hey, Roadie!" he called up to attract attention to himself. "If I were you, I'd take up the offer! The Wreckers could use some good press coverage!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster's Shoulder-Mounted Shrapnel Cannon: -pivots and drops down, aiming at Transcan, the optical head mounted on the top of the barrel narrowing, an almost organic snarl seeming to come from it-

Roadbuster: "We're spec-ops. Publicity isn't something we strive for." -narrows optic band for a moment- "Besides, for once I've come through a battle not looking like something the Dinobots dragged in. Wouldn't you rather do a field interview with somebody who looks like they've been through a battle?" -looks over at Gnarl- "If the friends of your playmate over there hadn't run off, it might be a different story."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Transcan glanced to Static and beamed, 'Don't interfere, right?' At the same time he fronted Roadbuster and said, "I'm an info-op - ain't nowhere I can't break into - and hardly any online system I can't crack the monitor network. Sure, it ain't always legal and heh! I've had plenty of close calls, but I'm not the only one who can do it. Perhaps you oughta consider the fairy footprints I found all over your case files at the ISS."

The Micromaster raised his hands, palms out in a conciliatory gesture. "I was only getting some good bits to feed Transmission for the back-up commentary, but you have to admit there's a lot of stuff in there you wouldn't want to get out in the wrong way..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Transmission stepped between Transcan and Roadbuster

"cool down TS we're not Airplay or her crew here. We don't blackmail people here especially not heavily armed ones with few moral scuples."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

"Oh, I ain't threatening," Transcan said. "I ain't blackmailing. But someone else has been taking a stroll through the Wreckers' database and dancing round the protocols. Now either these guys have a really dedicated fan or there's something not quite right." He turned back to Roadbuster. "Given today's little showing, I think I'd be putting your best techies on this and track the hack back."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Static looked around

"What about getting you to a medic Cat perhaps this gentlemech ."

He gestured towards Kingbolt.

"Can help you and once your patched up maybe he'd care to give you an interview."

Transmission relaxed visibly

"Whatcha think Space Mafia TS ? The criminal gangs have been really active of late."

~*~

Gnarl whimpered and edged further behind Broadside.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

"That's exactly what I'm thinking," Transcan confirmed with a nod.

Catady looked over at Kingbolt: did she still count as a 'fair maiden', given Gnarl's situation? She hoped so, as she would really enjoy interviewing the warrior-knight about his take on the battle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Wouldn't it make more sense to just add new control surfaces somewhere?" Cosmos shrugged as they arrived at Omega Supreme.

At the suggestion of an interview, Kingbolt made an arcane hand-motion used by the Matrix Templars to ward off evil.

"Thou would assuredly find more of interest in other persons," he said self-deprecatingly. "But our medical facilities doth be open to all. If thou wouldst follow me, maiden, I shall see to it that thou art taken care of."
Mechafox
Protoform

Post by Mechafox »

Broadside groaned at Kingbolt's flowery speak, but otherwise remained silent, watching the events while standing guard over Gnarl
___________________________-
Knok looked suspiciously at Minerva
'Don't want you learning any more than you need to about his internal systems.
Skar sighed, Knok's aparent paranoia looking ridiculous. Bruticus's rampage must've really shaken the smaller bot. He sat in the rafter watching both autobots.

Doubledealer ignored Hound's comment and moved on to his next question.
'Are we your prisoners?'
'Me Grimlock kick butt'
'Tell my tale to those who ask... Tell it truly, the ill deeds, along with the good... and let me be judged accordingly... The rest... is silence'
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

This was a chance and no mistake! Catady smiled warmly, extending her left hand towards the warrior. "Don't underestimate public interest in your society, Kingbolt. If you check the media archives, you'll find a lot of articles speculating about the Templars' relationship with the Matrix and the planetary mainframe."

Turning to Static she asked, "You coming, too?"

Transmission grinned at Broadside. "Okayyy," he drawled. "You want me to help you find out who's been into your impegnable ISS records bank or not?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: "The big question is, why would anybody want to look at our files?"

Omega Supreme:

Jetfire: -shrugs- "Control surfaces would ruin the aerodynamics. Haven't you ever ripped a stabilizer off, Cosmos?"

Stepper: -looking around- "Shouldn't there be a medic or something around here?"

Hot Rod: -rolls up behind them, transforms to robot mode, wincing as he does- "Or at least a podiatrist." -hops up onto one of the tables- "I mean, just look at this. He shot me in the feet!"

Stepper: "I'd feel for you, Roddy. I really would. Unfortunately, a psychopath who was turned out by the same program that developed me shot me in the knee."

Nebulon: -squeals and chirps-

Stepper: -sighs- "And managed to damage my mouthy little companion here."

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

"Research, y'know," Transcan said. "Or - and I am gonna be really honest here - dirt digging. The Wreckers seriously over-stepped what passed for the law during the War and ain't done more than give lip-service to the law we have now. More power to 'em, I say, but there are parties out there who might be setting up for a little blackmail..?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Nae, maiden," Kingbolt told Catady. "Thou cannot pry from mine Spark the secrets of the Order, not if thou dost use thine silver tongue to it's greatest capacity.

"Flying saucers aren't much for stabilizers," Cosmos reminded Jetfire. "Vectorable thrusters at eight different places around my rim give much better handling, in space or in the air." He shrugged. "Minerva said to come here, guys. I figure she'll be along as soon as she's done with the prisoner."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: "Nice try, Transcan. Anybody that tries to blackmail us tends to die a very, VERY messy death. And now, if anybody does actually try to blackmail us, I know who to talk to first." -optic band narrowing- "Don't I."

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Transcan was not in the least intimidated. He grinned widely and jumped down off the rock, swaggering towards Transmission. "Yeah, Roadie - you do just that," he shot back over his shoulder. "You come and talk to me first. I might just be able to help you out..."

Catady winced as hot lightning seemed to flare through her shoulder circuitry. "An interview about your perspective on the fight here today will do, Kingbolt. You're going to be popular; half the planet must have watched you bringing down your dragon!" Then her over-ride on the pain failed and she moaned, sagging at the knees, darkly remembering an older injury. "Medical assistance would also be very welcome!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]