[Original RPG] Shadow War: How Much Is Enough? (Tygun Span)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kingbolt gently put a hand on Catady's upper arm and tried to ease her back up.

"Thou shall comest with me, maiden," he said. "Worry about thine work after thine wounds have been tended."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

"It's the work that keeps me sane," Catady muttered through clenched dental arches, accepting Kingbolt's aid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kingbolt frowned as he guided Catady toward the field hospital.

"That doth be an unhealthy attitude, milady. Thou needest other things, lest thine life become nothing at all save work. If thine job is thine whole life, art thou truly any different from a drone?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Static trailed after Catady and Kingbolt

Static nodded slowly

"Yup Hobbies are good you could always join me and some of the lads at quiz night."

~*~

Transmission watched Transcan walk towards him.

"If we find out any info we'll drop you a line Roadbuster."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Catady heard the buzz of the conversation; it seemed a thousand kliks away. Nearer, much nearer, was the memory of waking up and finding she was the only survivor of her unit. The fieldmedic tending to her had grunted when her optics came online: Why did you get involved? You were supposed to monitor the situation!

Because... because... Someone had to do something...

Stick with what you do best, Cat'. Next time, come back with the strategic reports.

That was just what she had been doing ever since.

And she was slagging well going to do so today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

As his comment had been ignored, Hound decided to ignore Doubledealer's for the moment, mostly as he wasn't quite sure himself... Instead, he turned his attention back to Minerva, though still staying ready in the event things turned hostile.

"Well, what shall we do with this lot?" Hound asked the medic. "We need to be checking back in with Omega Supreme and Dirge."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Minerva: "More about his internal systems than I need to? Then why'd you call for a medic in the first place?" -scowls, looks over at Hound- "Any idea how we can get our prisoners back to Omega? I don't think I can tow a missile carrier....."

Hot Rod: -cocking an eyebrow at Stepper- "Program? What program?"

Stepper: "It was something that predated the Targetmaster concept. Take Autobots with exceptional aim, or good aim- or in Quickshot's case, can hit the broad side of a storage unit- and 'develop' them."

Hot Rod: "Develop? That sounds vaguely ominous."

Stepper: "It should. The theory was sound. Refine targeting systems, increase visual acuity, build up some elite snipers." -scowls- "Then they added on the next part. Somebody realized that as effective as snipers can be, that whole 'shoot, then move so you can shoot again and hope nobody spots you' could be a problem in terms of inflicting damage to the enemy. So they left us the increased acuity and targeting systems, and put some of us through what suddenly seemed the next best thing. Reflex enhancement."

Hot Rod: "That doesn't sound so bad."

Stepper: "Six of us went into that particular upgrade, three of us came out. They were going to do more, but losing half the initial group because their minds couldn't cope with the increased processing speed meant that Quickshot, Blues, and I were the first and last products of the program." -smirks grimly- "And I'm not exactly a paragon of mental stability."

Nebulon: -chirps and whistles in agreement-

Jetfire: -who has been contemplating Cosmos' vector thrust idea the whole time, picks Stepper up, sits him on one of the medtables- "I don't think that'll work for me, Cosmos."

Hot Rod: "So we've seen you and this Quickshot, apparently. Where's Blues?"

Stepper: "He was our team leader, because he came out of the the most stable. He also didn't get jacked up as much as we did. Quickshot gunned him down because he felt like it. That was the final nail in the program's coffin. His psych profile showed no signs that he would become what he did." -shrugs- "But then, I didn't have anger management issues before they put me through the program, either."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Why not, Jetfire? It's a perfectly sound idea." Cosmos frowned. "Might require a bit of alt-mode re-engineering on your part, but it works just fine."

Kingbolt nodded to the assembled Autobots near Omega Supreme as he guided Catady to a seat. He noticed the increasingly vacant look in her optics with not-insignificant concern.

"Milady? Art thou alright?"

Whirl slowly flew toward the gathering, airlift cables hanging from his skids as he transported one of the supply trailers to safety.

"Not sure what we're supposed to do with these," he told Hot Rod as he settled the trailer on the ground and dropped the cables. "Take 'em back to base?"

Clampdown hovered behind Minerva, occasionally shooting distrustful looks in her patient's direction.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Get the job done, Catady told herself, but what job? She focussed on Kingbolt shining through the gathering darkness.

"Did we hold them off?" she asked in a tense whisper. "I have field-rec information for Impactor..."

She felt cold and adjusting her thermocline to maximum did not help. The darkness was freezing and full of uncaring stars, red and blue: the optics of the dead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Static gently took her wrist

"it's ok Catady , thats all over now , finished, your with friends, the medics on the way."

Turning away from Catady he whispered fiercly

"Where's the Slaggin' medic got to, can't you see she needs help."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"I suppose we'll just have to call for some reinforcements," Hound answered to Minerva. "We can't really try to move them and keep an eye on them at the same time."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"She doth not be the only one suffering for wont of medical attention," Kingbolt said. "Thou surely can see my comrades doth be injured as well. Minerva will attend her when she does finish with cases of life-threatening import, knave."
Mechafox
Protoform

Post by Mechafox »

Doubledealer stood quietly running microsystems analysis' and diagnostics, determining his own condition, he was sure he couldn't take [b[Hound or Clampdown[/b] maybe Minerva in his current state. He took note of Skar's and Knok's positions before speaking.

'I am no threat to you in this condition, only a fool would try to continue a fight like this. I surrender to you.'

Knok was agape, if he had a mouth until a silent transmission came in.

Play along

'What are you doing?' he cried, running over to kick one of Doubledealer's tyres. By upping the pressure, Douberdealer made it burst under his kick.

'I'm too badly damaged, would you see us offline trying to escape?' That shut Knok up
_____________________________-

Broadside had enough of standing there, keeping an eye on Gnarl, having been left behind by the others. Instead of following them he turn to his prisoner, gesturing.

'Up and get moving, we're off to see Omega Supreme'
'Me Grimlock kick butt'
'Tell my tale to those who ask... Tell it truly, the ill deeds, along with the good... and let me be judged accordingly... The rest... is silence'
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hound watched the antics of the Decepticons with a credulous look, not letting the complaints phase him. He'd seen 'Con tricks before - granted he had real way to determine if this was one - but it was better safe now than sorry later when it came to the enemy.

"I suppose we could call in Dirge, Omega Supreme should be able to handle on his own, but might be a good idea to call for some more back-up than that," Hound suggested to Minerva.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Static looked embarrased.

"sorry I forgot it's just I worry about her she went through a lot during the war."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Minerva: "Might as well." -activates commlink- "Minerva to Dirge. Home in on my location and prepare to transport prisoners."

Roadbuster: -walks over to Gnarl, looks over at Broadside- "Now, now. He's a prisoner. We can't expect him to willingly come with us." -grabs Gnarl's foot- "Just grab a convienent handle and pull."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Verily," Kingbolt replied to Static. "So doth we all, nae?"

The knightly Autobot wanted to know more about Catady's experiences, about what could make such a seemingly-strong femme react this way, but his code of honour prevented him from asking.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Transcan tapped on Transmission's leg, thumbing back to where Roadbuster was... removing Gnarl. "Don't film that," he suggested. "And don't record in any way what I'm about to share with you, OK?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Catady fixed on Kingbolt and gave a frown. Who was this mech? Why was Impactor not here? Or Xaaron?

Her claws slid from their sheaths with a whisper of death.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gnarl scrabbled frantically

"I'm coming ok I'm coming just keep herrrr away from me ok."

~*~

Transmission nodded the red light on his camera fading from red to black.

"whatcha got for me lil buddy?"

~*~

Static looked down as he heard a sound his senses finely tuned from breems of sensor duty.

He saw the claws

"Kingbolt move away slowly...."

He touched Catady's arm

"Captain we need your report they need it so they can brief the new troops."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Transcan saw the telltale go off and employed his magnetics to levitate up to Transmission's shoulder height. Maybe not a good idea in his present state, but he did not want to shout any and you never, ultimately, knew with radio. "Nothing good," he said. "I was in the ISS database, like I said, but someone was in there with me. Real skilled, too. Blew a shell up practically in my trace!"

The pitch and level of his voice lowered to a bare whisper and he spoke a single name: "Weasel."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"My report," Catady said hollowly. "Build up of Decepticon forces in sectors 0mnicron and 6iger. Possible target is Autobot emplacement at Grune. Xaaron must evactuate. Tell Impactor that someone betrayed us and they caught us out in the open."

She lifted her hands, the blade edges glinting balefully. "You!" she yelled at Kingbolt and launched at him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]