[TF2007] Recidivism

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Mission City:

Ironhide watched as Mixmaster was dragged off, giving an internal sigh of relief. With a growl, he started trying to dig himself out, digging his left leg free, but had less success pulling his right leg free, finally pulling it free with a roar, feeling something in his right hip finally go, limping forward a couple of steps, looking around, then activating his commlink. "Optimus, it's Ironhide. I don't see Mixmaster anywhere. I'm gonna try to get to the dam, give Skydive a hand. Ironhide out." Transforming to vehicle mode, he revved his engine and took off, heading out of the city as fast as he can.

Hoover Dam, Interior:

Lennox saluted, watching the train leave, then turned and headed to the lab. "You know, I've got a better idea than blowing them up. I wonder how much liquid nitrogen they've got on hand........"

Hoover Dam, Exterior:

Shockwave flew forward, firing a blast of microwave energy at the approaching Skydive, more than willing to let the charging Autobot slam into him.

The human recon jet did a wingover, engines novaing as they headed back to base.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Tranquillity

Judy sat listening to the radio, the 'phone (and its continual ringing tone) ignored. She never moved even when Mojo came in to sit beside her, and she certainly paid no heed to the auto now parked up and blocking the drive.

The lady reporter was whispering with passion into her mike: "Even from here you can see the tops of buildings juddering with some kind of impact - you can even hear the intermittent sound of blows. The screaming has died down, which might not be a good sign...

"Now there are police approaching and - yes - we're being signalled away. Officer! Officer?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Mission City

Thundercracker could see that Mixmaster was being followed by Cliffjumper .

Thundercracker quickly dived down and began firing missals at Cliffjumper hoping to give Mixmaster time to get far enough away so that he couldn't be followed.
barricade818
Protoform

Post by barricade818 »

Mission City

Cliffjumper quickly swerved, barely missing the missles. "Optimus, we need someone to take care of Thundercracker".
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hoover Dam (interior)

Barricade didn't look up from his work to reply to Mixmaster. An observer would see that he was crudely wiring components from his supply crate into the steering controls of the motor pool vehicles.

"Collect whatever is left of Stockade and return to base. If Thundercracker is still battleworthy, send him here to assist my team."

Hoover Dam (exterior)

Skydive grunted in pain as Shockwave's microwave blast passed through his lower body and hoped that whatever damage it had done was minimal. He knew better to trust in that hope, though; he could already feel some damaged components straining under the pressure of his fall.

However, if there was one thing his time as a Decepticon had taught him, it was that he couldn't let pain distract him from what he needed to do. The Autobot continued to fall toward his foe, firing another barrage of missiles as he got closer.

"You can't win, Decepticon!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Mision City

Evac banked slowly . He opened a com link to Ironhide and started to lower his rear ramp.

"Ironhide want a lift ?"
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Hoover Dam, exterior

Payload left his cover, watching Shockwave's and Skydive's duel on the skies.

" It seems One-eyed freak needs no help " thought Payload. " Hey, I'm a one-eyed freak too... "

Shocking his camera-head, the decepticon discovered the human recon jet, flying away from the dam.

" Sub-commander Barricade " payload radioed, a human recon jet was overflying the Dam. Perhaps we'll have company soon! "

Payload started to worry, because the primate's planes - F-22, if he rememebered well-, eliminated some of his decepticon comrades last July. Even Megatron was crippled by the humans war-machines.
Mechafox
Protoform

Mission City

Post by Mechafox »

(Soz, email didn't pass on rp updates, fixed it now)

With a final tug, Stockade's legs came apart and Optimus Prime was free again. Standing tall, he issued immediate orders.

'Evac, Ironhide, go help Skydive. Cliffjumper, let him run, he's too damaged to get far, get Thundercracker'

Flipping to his autobot comm he broadcast, 'Hold on Skydive, Evac and Ironhide are on their way.'

His arm transformed in a blaster and he fired several times at Thundercracker, both at and above, trying to force him lower to the ground.

Glen looked around at the technicians and lab personal, he'd been the first to get on and there by had commandeered two seat so he could huff and puff.

He spared a thought for Lennox and Banachek, but if anyone could survive the decepticons, it would be those two, they'd already done it once after all. He tried to remember where the train went from the evacuation drills, but eventually had to turn to the technician next to him to ask.

'Nellis Air Force Base sir, this train runs straight under mission city to the base.'
'Me Grimlock kick butt'
'Tell my tale to those who ask... Tell it truly, the ill deeds, along with the good... and let me be judged accordingly... The rest... is silence'
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hoover Dam (interior)

Blast!

Barricade flipped his transmitter over to Payload's frequency. "Is it still in firing range? If it is, shoot it out of the sky!"

He didn't think killing the scout would make the humans any more cautious, but it might delay them, and a few minutes' delay was all he needed.

Hoover Dam (exterior)

"Acknowledged, Prime," Skydive replied. "Please ask them to hurry. The situation here is getting out of hand."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hoover Dam, Exterior:

Shockwave surged forward, his boosters roaring as he charged towards the fast approaching Skydive. "Illogical, Autobot."

Outskirts, Mission City:

Ironhide floored his accelerator, dodging around traffic, his engine straining as he headed for Hoover Dam at full speed. Noting the airborne Evac, he activated his commlink. "Yeah, Evac, I do!"

Nellis AFB:

Air squadron VF-282("The Screaming Raptors") sat on the runway, their engines idling, waiting for the launch order, the pilots going over the final last minute checks of their systems, when the squadron captain noticed the ammo haulers coming towards the fighters. "What the-"

With a crackle, the base commander's voice came over all the pilots headsets. "Men, we're changing the ammo loadout. What little info we've gotten from the recon plane.... it's the Mission City thing all over again. Harkness, you and your wingman are having your missile payloads changed out to theatrical level nuclear warheads. That Raptor that joined your squadron seems to have come back. Your orders are to knock them out."

"But weren't some of those robots on our side in the Mission City op?"

"They were. Do your best to determine which of them is on our side. If you can't, take them all down. If it comes down to saving an alien and saving the dam and all of the people who will die if they take the dam out, even by accident, the robots lose. Understood, Captain?"

Harkness scowled behind his visor and mask. "Understood, General."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Hoover Dam, exterior

The human recon jet was flying away from the Dam, now a small target for Payload's ballistic program.

" Yeah, sure thing! I'll destroy it, Barricade! " Payload radioed back, totally unsure about his chances to hit the recon jet.

The decepticon aimed and fired towards the recon jet.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hoover Dam (exterior)

Skydive assumed his missiles had hit Shockwave, but didn't get a chance to confirm it. Nor did he get a chance to reply to the Decepticon's droning logic; half a second after the other Transformer had spoken, the two of them collided in mid-air with a resounding clang that would have deafened any humans stupid enough to be observing the fight at close range.

They began to fall out of the sky, a co-mingled mess of mechanical parts and metal plates that could very well have been a single robotic abomination instead of two Transformers. Skydive tried to wrap his legs around Shockwave's torso and jabbed the point of his elbow at his foe's single optic lens.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hoover Dam, exterior:

Shockwave, still smouldering slightly from the multiple missile impacts, moved his head to the side, swinging a vicious right at Skydive's torso as he activates his commlink on a coded and tightbeam frequency. "Payload, do not fire on the humans. The Autobots will surely send reinforcements. The human weapons will hurt them almost as well as our own."

The recon jet barely avoided Payload's shots, kicking it's afterburners in as it streaks away.

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Over the Atlantic

There had been a brief delay while Starscream cut down four hostiles which had challenged him over the Moroccan seaboard, but he was now pouring on the power. The human-built F-22 had been pushed to 1.72 Mach without payload and without afterburners; Starscream was effortlessly doing that and half again. He was also enjoying the flight, hugging the surging waves and occasionally rising to perform some feat of acrobatics, secure in his stealth modifications. He even passed within a few miles of ships, knowing that anyone who saw him would assume there was a military fleet just over the horizon.

Opening his radio system, he sent out a single pulsed transmission. "This is Starscream. Thundercracker, acknowledge."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Hoover Dam, exterior

Payload lowered his smokey wrist gun, watching as the human recon jet dissapeared in the distance.

" Er... and this is a good thing? " he replied at Shockwave's order.

Opening a channel, Payload contacted with Barricade.

" Sub-commander, I apologize but the recon jet has escaped. Expect human back-up soon " informed Payload, with a faint voice.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Mission City

Thundercracker evaded the shots. Knowing he was badly out number he started to fly up as high as he could get so he would be out of weapons range. As he reached a safe hight he got Starscream's call.

"This is Thundercracker. What are your orders ?" he replied.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Over the Atlantic

"Status update!" Starscream ordered Thundercracker.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Mission City

Thundercracker soared above the city trying to see what the Autobots where doing but being so high up made that task difficult. He dared not to fly lower thought because he knew the Autobots still had enough fire power to shoot him down.

"The Autobots have us badly out numbered. Mixmaster is damaged and falling back. I have lost contact with Stockade. The city is in ruins. I am awaiting further orders . " Thundercracker replied to Starscream
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Over the Atlantic

It would appear that Stockade's tendency to overdo it had drawn a lot of Autobots to Mission City; no doubt, Barricade had eavesdropped his private transmission and sent support. How predictable! But how necessary was that predictability, along with Autobot responses. The enemy would be stretched over two active fronts – and possibly several would remain out of play guarding the family of the human youngling.

Starscream had been impressed by that one. No so impressed that he would not, at some stage, remove him as a token in memory of dear, departed Megatron, of course. Such an act could be achieved without personal danger, if planned correctly, and cement his position in the optical systems of those who saw him as Megatron’s logical successor. There were quite a few, he knew, who would follow him whilst the mantle of reflected glory sat on his shoulders and he intended to keep them loyal.

"Exaggerate any injuries you may have sustained and withdraw towards the north-west. You will then swing wide to meet me at these co-ordinates in two point three standard time units." He sent the map reference through embedded in the message to Thundercracker, where it should be unreadable except to the receiver. Barricade, who was the most likely to be monitoring all Decepticon communications, was after all otherwise occupied.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hoover Dam (exterior)

Skydive groaned as Shockwave's blow landed hard in his midsection. His legs' grip on the Decepticon weakened, but he didn't let go, lashing out with a desperate headbutt at the same time as he grabbed at his enemy's upper arms, trying to pin them at his sides.

Hoover Dam (interior)

"Nnnn." Barricade resisted the urge to smash something, since everything within smashing range was too useful to him to waste in a temper tantrum.

"Oh, very well, Payload. Tell Shockwave to finish playing with the Autobot and prepare for more incoming enemies. Our distraction in Mission City has run its course."