[Original RPG] Shadow War: Victims of the Revolution (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Roadway North:

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock crested the hill and saw Bludgeon fall to the ground. That looks... painful. Glad it wasn't me. Sitting atop the hill, he saw Ramjet and Thundercracker, Cyclonus, and what was left of the sharkticons.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
redman prime

The North Road

Post by redman prime »

Snapdragon was haphazardly trudging forward as the Sharkticons unleashed their deadly payload. He hurled his substantial bulk out of the way, but not quite quick enough, as one rocket clipped his shoulder and sent him spiraling sideways into an alcove. He was, however, able to peer over his new protection and witness the horror that was Bludgeon's facial contortions.
Glad I only took one rocket.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Roadway North

Although Cyclonus didn't exactly shrug off the fire coming in at him from the Sharkticons, it didn't dissuade him from his attack, either. When the enemy soldiers took refuge behind their vehicles, he merely transformed to starfighter mode, hovered six meters in the air, and fired a barrage of incendiary bombs into their cover.

"Snapdragon, move to flanking position!"

Air over Roadway North

"Yeah, lets do that," Ramjet said, effectively ignoring the incoming fire from the Sharkticons as it left blackened carbon scoring on his armour. Activating his foot thrusters, he started to fly over top of the Sharkticon line.

Under the City

Hypotheon was close to the emergency vehicle hangar now. He'd just passed the last marker, and in only a few minutes he would be on his way out of this backwater city. In only a few minutes...

What was that? The scientist jumped slightly, bobbing up and down on his repulsor beam as he tried to find the source of the noise he'd just heard. But there was nothing visible in the darkness around him.

"It must be my nerves playing tricks on me," he told himself. "Just nerves."

"No."

The raspy, whispered voice seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere, all at once. Hypotheon's gaze shot around again, but again he saw nothing.

No, that wasn't quite true. He'd seen something, but the indistinct, bipedal form had disappeared almost before he'd registered it. He wasn't even sure he'd actually seen it at all.

"Show yourself!"

"No."

This time, Hypotheon didn't even bother looking. "Either show yourself, or kill me, or leave me be."

"Very well."

Out of nowhere, a clawed hand closed around the scientist's dead left tentacles. He couldn't feel them, but he heard the hiss and saw a wisp of smoke rising as acid started to eat through the flesh. He expected to die at any moment, but the grip withdrew.

"Run. For your life. Little Quint."

Hypotheon ran.
Chip1123
Protoform

Roadway North

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock saw what Cyclonus was trying to get Snapdragon to do, so he unleashed his rockets as covering fire for the warrior, hoping to help pin the sharkticons down.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Roadway, north

The tables were turned.

Crouching low behind their vehicles, the last three of Lorsyx Sharkticons were taking a serious hammering. Between them, they had a mere handful of projectile weaponry left and no option to reach the missile launchers in any operative state.

Rocket and incendaries targeted them. They had no chance...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Under the City

Pounce cocked his head as he heard running footsteps

"come out come out wherever you are Quintesson I can smell you smell your fear , smell your desperation, and soon I will smell the stench of your flesh as it starts the slide into decomposition."

~*~

The Corporal scrambled behind the cover of the vehicles behind him one of the surviving troopers pushed the other into the path of incoming fire as he scrambled madly to get into cover.

The trooper threw up his arms and collapsed face down severely injured while the other swung into safety.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

In pursuit of Lorsyx:

Thundercracker: "I hope this works...." -transforms to fighter mode, hissing as his damage lets him know that while this might not be a terrible idea, he's had better, applying more power to his engines, roaring along the road, following it, picking up speed- "C'mon, Ramjet!"

Roadway North, inside Bludgeon's mind:

The younger Bludgeon writhed, his whole existence a world of pain. He barely looked up at the slow, measured tread that walked up to him, staring at a burnt orange greave and armored foot. "C-c-cow-ard...."

Bludgeon simply scowled down at him. "Have we finished?"

"Y-you waste.... this power...."

"I do not waste it. I channel it as neccessary. We are not the Fallen, not one of the original Thirteen. I learned that lesson WITHOUT nearly getting myself killed. In would appear, however, that some part of me never did realize this."

The younger Bludgeon snarled.

"However, I cannot excize you. You are a part of me." He reached down, grabbing his younger self, already transparent, and absorbed him into his shell.

-----------------------------
Roadway North:

Bludgeon: -stirs slightly, running a systems check- "Well, there is a certain irony to being impaled upon my own sword........"

-----------

BBC: -roaring along, aproaching the carnage-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Roadway North

Cyclonus continued to fire down at the vehicles, elevating slightly to give himself a better angle in an attempt to cause splash damage to the remaining, in-hiding Sharkticons.

In pursuit of Lorsyx

Ramjet followed Thundercracker, also transforming to vehicle mode. He immediately regretted it, as his damaged control surfaces almost dragged him down into the ground before he managed to recover.

"This better be worth all the trouble, TC!"

Under the City

Hypotheon jumped at Pounce's voice, uncomfortably close, echoed all around him.

Two of them, he thought. I'm blocked off from both directions. I'm out of options.

"No," he told Pounce. "You won't. Because I'm going to surrender, you're going to take me to your leader, and I'm going to tell him everything I know about all of our deep-cover operatives in Decepticon territory. If you kill me, the deaths of hundreds of your comrades will be on your heads."
redman prime

The north road

Post by redman prime »

Snapdragon was still wincing in pain as he lumbered around the position of the embedded Sharkticons. He considered transforming to his robot mode, but the searing pain in his shoulder suggested that might not be the best course of action. Claws flexing, he continued to amble towards their position as the seekers and Cyclonus rained fire down on them.

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Tunnel system, entrance

At his word, the driver pulled the vehicle up before the two huge valves blocking the tunnel. Lorsyx tried to climb out, but his numb leg was impossible to move; he was partially paralysed. To show physical weakness to Sharkticons might well be enough to trigger their primitive urge to attack and Lorsyx knew he had to remain in the dominant position here.

"You!" he barked at one of the two Sharkticons sitting in the back of the vehicle with him. "Take this token and put it in that slot on the wall!" As he spoke, he tore the insignia off the breast of his uniform and held it out. The appointed one obeyed and the blast doors opened, clanging and rattling, to reveal an unlit extension of the tunnel entrance.

Lorsyx placed a hand on the missile he had taken from one of Vendix's troopers and ordered, "You are to remain here and guard the doorway. Driver, take us straight ahead until I order otherwise!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

(whats that comig over the hill.)

under the city

Pounce grinned showing his fangs

"I think what you meant to say is hundreds more of our comrades deaths will be on our heads. Let me check. Bomburst have you got into you third hundred or are you still on your second, over millions of years its hard to keep track.

Of course now there's less of us it's harder to get away with our little hobby officers even frown on playing with a few empties.

Although we could hand you in it's always a pleasure to watch a true artist at work Buzzsaw does have a certain flair, and Beastbox has a certin naive directness that is a refreshing change or maybe you'll get Vortex now there is a mech who loves his work and he has a certain expertise with a blade. We might even get a medal or extra energon, how do you feel about a medal Bomburst?.

~*~

Roadway North

Weirdwolf reved the engine and surged over the brow of the hill and down towards the rear of the Sharkticons as they crouched sheltering from the main attack his improvised lance lowered.

~*~

Up above

The first of the Decepticon Aerial Combat Drones its IFF circuitry corrupted zoomed over the battlefield hunting for targets. The Drone(A10) circled scanning for signals.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Under the City

"Medals never had. Much attraction to me. Pounce. The commanders." Bomb-Burst came out of the shadows and advancing menacingly on Hypotheon. "Seem to think. That we need. To become. More civilized." He smiled, the tunnel's meagre light reflecting off of his fangs. "A pity for them. That I am not civilized. And if I can't kill. The dregs of the city. Than I must take sustenance. Wherever I can. Which is bad. For the Quint."

The Pretender gloried in the terror that was radiating off of Hypotheon in waves.

"Would you like to carve?" He asked Pounce. "Or should I. Drink him first?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Under the City

Pounce transformed and stood bayonets glistening in each hand.

"Not so chatty now Quint what's the matter cat got your tongue, but I get ahead of myself that will come later.

He looked across at Bomburst

"Whichever way makes him last longest we wouldn't want to rush things we want this to last a long time.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Under the City

"That would be. Your department. More than mine," Bomb-Burst told Pounce. "I prefer to kill quickly. And then use the carcass. To terrify others." He gestured toward Hypotheon. "But so long as. You leave me enough to play with. You may handle the killing."

The Quintesson, seemingly snapping out of his terrified daze, realized that his life was quickly coming to an end. Almost out of nowhere, one of his tentacles whipped behind his back, grabbed a pistol, and swung it up. He took aim at Pounce, the nearer of the two Transformers, and fired wildly in his general direction.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Approaching Tunnel Entrance:

Thundercracker: -wavering through the air, fighting his damaged control surfaces and his damaged engines, coming up to the tunnel entrance- "Oh, no you DON'T!!!!" -opens fire, missiles screaming from his wing pylons, machine guns blazing, all aimed at the cluster at the tunnel entrance-

Roadway North:

BBC: -slides to a halt next to Bludgeon, transforms- "What happened here?"

Bludgeon: "Suffice it to say that the Quintessions have a new chemical weapon. It is damaging to regular Cybertronian systems, but the effects on a Pretender shell seem to be different than anticipated."

BBC: "Is that why you have your katana through your back?"

Bludgeon: "Yes."

BBC: -grabs the katana hilt, pulls it out of Bludgeon-

Bludgeon: -checking the shell's damage repair estimates, altering them by focusing all of it's repair functions on himself-

BBC: "I do not understand. Why did I come to assist you?"

Bludgeon: "Despite their best efforts, your creators could not quash all of Optimus Prime's nature. Besides, your training is not yet complete. Therefore, I am of more use to you alive than dead, or in a stasis chamber waiting to be repaired."

BBC: -scowls- "You read me so well."

Bludgeon: "That is why I am the master, and you are the apprentice. And, this is an unusual circumstance." -manages to roll onto his back, pull himself into a sitting position, looking at his limp left arm, the charred and blackened ruin that it is from the elbow down, the warped and twisted barrel of his electropulse cannon-

BBC: "Their weapon did this?"

Bludgeon: "No. The side effects did."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Tunnel system

The Sharkticon guard, hearing engines approaching, cautiously moved back towards the tunnel entrance, gun raised. When Thundercracker's missiles struck, he was blown backwards and crushed beneath the debris which then blocked almost half the downwards sloping tunnel Lorsyx had taken.

Just a short way ahead, Lorsyx started and looked back over his shoulder.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Approaching Tunnel Entrance

Ramjet saw Thundercracker opening fire and followed suit, sending twin cluster missiles flying directly toward the tunnel entrance.

After firing, he transformed, landed on the ground and charged toward the entrance, machine guns cycling.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Under the City

Pounce dropped flat as the tentacle whipped round with cat like reflexes, one of his missile lauinhers skittered off into the shadows as he dropped down. The shot spanged off a beam and ricocheted harmlessly into the darkness.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Tunnel system

"Faster!" Lorsyx snapped to the driver. To the gunner sitting beside him in the rear of the vehicle, he directed, "Bring down the roof behind us. I want the tunnel blocked."

The Sharkticon stood and turned the centrally-mounted missile launcher up at a slight angle back towards the rapidly diminishing glimmer of light that signified the tunnel entrance. The sound of three missiles launching was shockingly loud and, when they struck their target, echoes reverberated like thunder into the depths of the darkness ahead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
redman prime

The north road

Post by redman prime »

Snapdragon shielded his eyes as cluster bombs and rockets impacted on the Sharkticon's position. When he looked again, the scene waas something to behold. The quint they were chasing was out of reach; Bludgeon was smoking in a heap; Black optimus, or whatever he was called, was standing there now; the seekers were beat to hell; Cyclonus was crazier than ever; And Apeface was.. APEFACE! dammit!

Turning on his heel, he addressed the entire battalion of Decepticons before him. "Fellas, we got a man down behind us. He's the only other one of me, and we gotta get him. Who's with me?" To punctuate his position, he spat on the floor in front of him.

OOC: I am pretty sure i forgot some people, suffice it that you are in the battalion.

------------------------------------
Underground
More explosions. always with the explosions. Starscream reached the bulk of Apeface, still crumpled on the floor. If he had the energy, he'd have kicked the horrorcon. But he didn't, so he merely pushed him over, looking for anything of value.

Spasma was ready for the nudge, but it still caught him off gaurd when he saw the foe that gave the shove.
"But you're dead! What the hell, man, you are dead!"