[Original RPG] Shadow War: Victims of the Revolution (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Roadway, South

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock decided the time for hiding was over. He shot a rocket, his aim leading it slightly in front of the vehicle, and descended so he could face his opponents.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
redman prime

Battleground

Post by redman prime »

Apeface couldn't help but smirk back at Thundercracker as he transformed to his ape mode and landed with careless and flawless agility on the edge of a building. He began ripping chunks off the wall he was on, hurling them with precision at the group of sharkticons clustered below. "Well then make some luck for yourself! lucky mortar blasts. Cop out answer." as another chunk lands in the midst of the sharkticons.

"Hey! save some sharkticons for me!" As Snapdragon lands on a building across the street in his giant lizard form.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Roadway, north

There were suddenly far too many foes above, all intent on raining down doom, and Lorsyx ran for it, leaving the Sharkticons to either follow, fight back or continue cleaning their weapons until they died. He did, however, grab one - just one - of those special missiles they were carrying and hugged it close as he weaved down the street like a rugby (ooc: that'll football to some of you) pro. But there were too many blasts pouring down at his heels; he stumbled and, over-balancing, managed to turn the fall into a roll while two missiles thudded down away to his left and pricked him with shrapnel. Lorsyx hissed with pain.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Roadway, south

The driver slammed on the brakes to avoid the sudden spray of vapourised roadway and the vehicle skidded sharply, bounced and was hurled into a nearby wall. Both Sharkticons parted company with their ride and the majority of their weapons.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Roadway, South

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock crashed feet first into the ground, and stood to face his opponents. "You little brats gave me WAY too much trouble..." he began, stomping his way towards the nearest of the 2 sharkticons. "And you shall pay for it..." He fired his missle launcher at the farthest of the two, and then swung his other fist towards the sharkticon's head.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadway North:

Thundercracker: "Who do you think blew up the ammo for the Sharkticons?" -still hovering, still firing-

------------

Bludgeon: -the only indication of what he's thinking the fact that his scowl seems to have gotten a bit deeper, starts after Lorsyx, slashing his way through the hail of debris, weapons fire, and intervening Sharkticons-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Roadway , North

The Sharkticons slammed into action the front rank firing at the oncoming Bludgeon while the second rank finished cleaning their weapons and did likewise. However as chunks of building and fire from above started raining down on them they started to retreat one rank covering the other as they fell back rapidly. Carrying one of their comrades who had been injured by missile fire.

Roadway , East

Weirdwolf shook the Sharkticon off his claws and rolled over onto all fours. He snicked the covers of his missile launchers back and fired four missiles along the length of the vehicle towards the drivers compartment.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Roadway, north

He reeled up onto his feet, feeling the warm, uncomfortable dampness spreading down his left sleeve. This was a minor wound, however, compared to the lacerations in his left thigh. Lorsyx made no attempt to remove the metal shards; in the first instance, he knew from field experience that to do so might be more injurous than leaving them and, secondly, he did not have the time. With the missile under his right arm, he glanced behind and was glad Vendix's Sharkticons were between him and the Decepticons.

Starting off, dragging his maimed leg, Lorsyx opened his radio once more and commed: 'Lorsyx to any Sharkticon units still functional -converge on my signal!'

----------------------------------------------------------------
Roadway, south

Stunned as he was, the Sharkticon driver saw the incoming missile and failed to respond other than make a pointless gesture of raising his gun. It was all over for him an instant later.

The gunner was in a better state and threw himself at the roundhouse punch with open jaws. It was a Sharkticon move usually employed during a pack attack and maybe it would catch the enemy (Roadblock) by surprise.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Roadway, east

The explosion was forthright and final, and when the smoke cleared there was very little left of the Sharkticon vehicle and nothing that could have been easily identified as the driver.

Far up ahead, the four other vehicles of the convoy received Lorsyx's message and changed their heading, picking up speed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Roadway, South

Post by Chip1123 »

Not seeing the sharkticons attack in time, Roadblock's fist went into the creature's mouth. this is going to be painful he thought. He decided then he had three options. One, to take the time and energy to subspace another saw blade onto his arm, at which point it may, or may not, still be attached. Two, he could try to headbut his opponent, but that didn't sound smart being as his opponent could verywell end up with his head wrapped in its mouth next. Three, he could fire his rocket launcher at the ground, using it to propel him backwards, out of the creatures grasp, and possibly disorient it. He chose option three and fired the rocket at the ground.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Roadway, south

The ferocious teeth bit down hard on his victim's (Roadblock's) wrist as the rocket slammed into the ground and the Sharkticon automatically locked his ferocious jaws.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Roadway ,East

Weirdwolf sailed backward propelled by the force of the explosion. He crashed through a shop window and he landed with a thump in a shower of broken glass.
redman prime

Building rooftops

Post by redman prime »

Apeface swung from ledge to ledge along the buildings, all the while continuing his barrage of stones torn from the precipices. He wasn't having much luck, but he was able to keep harrassing them. "So, how's it hangin', fellas?" He was in a chatty mood, as there wasn't really a whole lot of conversation with Tracer and Triggerhappy.

Snapdragon was laboring to keep up. "It'd be hangingn better if I had monkey arms too! Red-assed jumping fool..." He continued to survey the retreating Sharkticons with an appraising eye, hoping to be able to sink his teeth into one before they went cold.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

The front row of Sharkticons kneeled.

Their corporal gave the orders and they waited for Apeface to start swinging then fired aiming to obliterate his next available handhold with their missiles
Chip1123
Protoform

Roadway, South

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblocked howled in rage as he flew backwards, the sharkticon flying with him. Roadblock twisted as much as his bulky frame would allow and allowed the sharkticon to hit the ground first. As he struggled to get up, the sharkticon still attached to his arm, he saw pieces of debris laying around him and picked up one to use as a club and swung it at the sharkticon's head.
redman prime

Apparently downtown

Post by redman prime »

Apeface kept swinging, grappling the next ledge that the Sharkticon rocketeers targeted. They met at almost the same instance, poison rockets colliding with the baboon-assed horrorcon.

Spasma shivered as the rockets met with his host's body. For meet they did, hitting on Apeface's lead arm, two square in the back, and one in his trailing leg. Enough to cripple any Transformer.
Apeface was just such a transformer, immediately seizing up as his nervous system was infected.

Snapdragon could do little as his ally plummeted Earthward.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Roadway North

Ramjet hovered alongside Thundercracker, firing down at any Sharkticons in range and generally making a nuisance of himself.

- ? -

Cyclonus was floating in the dark. All around him was emptiness, a vacuum so featureless and bleak that it really couldn't be described as space, because space only existed in relation to the things that filled it. And Cyclonus...Cyclonus was alone in the dark.

The Void, he thought. The final resting place for all of Unicron's children. How...anticlimactic. It wasn't supposed to end this way.

"Then do something about it."

Cyclonus spun to find the source of that oh-so-familiar voice, wondering as he did so how he could spin if there wasn't anything for him to be spinning in relation to.

"Oh, can the deep philosophical ponderings already," Scourge's voice told him. "Can it and start fighting back. This doesn't have to be the end. You're the last of us. Are you really going to let the five-faced tentacled slime cut you down? It's bad enough that their puppet Thunderwing killed me, bad enough that they hunted down and obliterated Galvatron."

That's a lie! Cyclonus thought. Galvatron lives! He shall lead us again!

"You and I both know that's not true," Each one of Scourge's words hit Cyclonus like the strike of a metal-rending electro-whip. "If Galvatron had survived, he wouldn't need
you to find him. He wouldn't need anyone to find him. If Galvatron was alive, he would have long ago toppled Gigatron from his throne. But he's dead."

No! I refuse to accept that! I would sooner die-

"I know," Scourge told him. "And that's the problem. It's not your time. You have too much to do to lie down and die."

I have nothing! Cyclonus retorted. Serving Galvatron is my only reason for being. If Galvatron is dead, then I might as well join him. There is nothing left for me.

Scourge slapped Cyclonus upside the head, which caught the not-yet-dead Decepticon by surprise for the simple reason that, until now, Scourge had been no more than a disembodied voice. But now the other Decepticon floated alongside him, and the Void was infinitely less lonely. "Stop feeling sorry for yourself," he said forcefully. "You are a Decepticon warrior-"

Not anymore, Cyclonus interjected weakly.

"Badge or not," Scourge continued, "you are a Decepticon warrior, second only to Galvatron himself. Your self-pity is an insult to everything you once stood for. Every second you lie on the ground, letting that Quintesson poison ravage your systems, you desecrate the memory of our fallen leader. So get up!"

No, Cyclonus told him. I won't. Your propaganda means nothing to me. Who and what I was mean even less. Without purpose, I'm no better than an Empty. I would sooner die than have no reason to live.

"If you're going to be difficult, I can't help you," Scourge told him. "This is going to get very unpleasant for you, Cyclonus. Goodbye."

Before Cyclonus could ask what he was talking about, the other Decepticon was gone. Cyclonus was alone again, alone in the dark. But this dark was more than just an absence of light, and he could feel it starting to press in on him. It was clawing at him, tearing his spirit asunder, and he knew it wouldn't relent until the very essence of Cyclonus was no more.

As far as he was concerned, that couldn't happen soon enough.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Roadway, south

Battered and badly dented, unable to actively fight back against the pummelling he was taking (from Roadblock), the Sharkticon did the only thing he could think of right then and confirmed the lock on his jaw hinges.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadway North:

Bludgeon's reactions were, as usual, almost faster than the optic could follow. His katana moving like a flash, describing beautiful arcs of light through the air, cuting missiles down as he advances, what missiles his sword missing slamming into the shield on his left arm.

The downside of this, unfortunately, is the liberal splashing of the chemical all over his Pretender shell. He stopped dead, immobile as a statue.

--------------------

Within the Shell:

Bludgeon scowled. The one advantage to the Pretender shell, one that has served him well, was the simple fact that it allowed him to stay deeper in the mech/sword mindset that was core to the Path. It was, in effect, somewhat akin to interacting with the world through a sensory deprivation tank. Whatever this chemical was, it was affecting him. Otherwise, he wouldn't be staring at himself.

He recognized himself. It was shortly after the incident with The Fallen(he could tell. It took a long time for the Fallen's fingermarks to heal, but the scars looked pretty fresh.

His younger self smirked. "Well, well. What have we here......."

He scowled. "I am looking at my younger self."

"That's fairly obvious. I like the duds."

"The what?"

"That shell-thing you're wearing. I saw that in the Vision."

"Hmmf."

The younger Bludgeon held up a hand, and a flaming sigil appeared in his hand. "In fact, I like it so much, I want to take it for a ride."

Bludgeon's hand went to the hilt of the katana. "You will n-" Only to be silenced by the sigil wrapping itself around his face.

The younger Bludgeon sneered. "Fool. You cast aside all of this potential, cast aside all the powers that we worked so hard to build up with Bugly and Mindwipe, powers that can be fueled by what The Fallen gave us, simply because you feared the outcome." He knocked his older self down, planted a foot on his chest. "Forget honor. Forget control. It's MY time now."

----------------------
Roadway North:

Bludgeon: -hollow pits of his skull eye sockets, flaring with eldritch fire, katana clattering to the ground, flames wreathing his hands as he starts advancing towards the Sharkticons, flinging balls of pure Hellfire at the ranked troops-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Chip1123
Protoform

Roadblock, South

Post by Chip1123 »

No longer able to feel his arm below where the sharkticon held it, Roadblock cursed inwardly. Deciding he needed to be mobile and meet back up with the other decepticons, he decided to end this fight one way or the other. Knowing he couldn't bring his arm out, he shoved his arm deeper inside the sharkticon, hoping to his something vital and shut him down.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Snapdragon felt his hate boil to the top, overtaking his sense of rationale, well being and self-preservation. Watching the only other horrorcon in the Decepticon army fall gracelessly from the ledge he was on was too much for him to take. Felled at the hands of Sharticons.

There was no more thought process as he leapt form the short building he was on, targeting the retreteaing line of Sharkticons.

His claws flasehd and teeth bared as he descended into the midst of the Sharkticons.

---------------------------------
Apeface plummeted to the ground, unable to do anything as the toxins ate away his nervous system. Spasma was overcome at the amount of pain that his host was enduring in his plight. It was all he could do to minimize his mind-meld with the giant ape, attempting to distance himself from the agony he was going through.

Apeface plummeted, slamming into the surface with such pace that he descended through the street and into the sub-surface, coming to rest in an unceremonious position on the dank underground floor.
----------------------------------

Starscream was lost in his inspection of the surface he was in when the ceiling gave way to permit Apeface to enter.
This brought slinger out of his self-imposed stasis, awakening with a start. Starscream immediately went limp, conserving energy and biding his time.
But what am I biding for?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Roadway, south

The Sharkticon watched his enemy's (Roadblock's) free hand come over to brace between his optics, holding him steady, and then was shocked to realise the arm he had trapped was being thrust inexorably down his throat. He tasted torn metal and free-flowing fluids. There were no counter-measures for such an attack in his memory core, so he improvised: he let go.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Roadway, north

Now, I'm going to die, Lorsyx thought as he glanced behind at the "whoomfh" of flames igniting. Fortunately, he was gaining ground despite his injured leg beginning to stiffen. And there was a signal on his comm indicating that some of his original troops were fast approaching.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]