[Original RPG] Shadow War: Time and Disregard (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Soundwave's Transport, near the Grease Pits:

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin's engines roared to life and he ramped out of Soundwave's vehicle. "Alright guys. Lets go do this. Lets go get Prime." Topspin said both seriously and enthusiastically at the same time.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Grease Pits

“I suppose you’re right,” Blitzwing answered Astrotrain. “It’s wide open. Not too many places for anyone to find cover.”

Cautiously, Blitzwing made his way towards Astrotrain’s position, still ducking and weaving behind random crates for cover, in order to get a clearer view of what Astrotrain spoke of.

“Alright. Those offices look promising. Just remember to use caution.”
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

The Grease Pits

Sunstreaker reversed down the ramp and then wheeled around so he was facing away from the transport. "See you back at Iacon." Sunstreaker sped off away from the Pits towards the power generation facility.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Grease Pits

"Don't I always?" Astrotrain asked Blitzwing rhetorically. Although he only glanced fractionally in his friend's direction, he managed to shoot a knowing glance at him.

Astrotrain moved toward the offices, a tense expression on his face and a firm hand on his rifle. After a few seconds, he came to a stop beside the first door. With a single smooth motion, he pushed it open and entered the room rifle-first to find...nothing. It was empty, with not so much as a single box or desk in what was effectively an empty room.

Stepping out, the admiral led the way toward the next door. He repeated the same procedure, sliding the door open and swinging inside. This time, he found something a bit more interesting.

In one corner of the room, a tangle of power cables and nutrient feeds lay, discarded. Not far away, a set of metal bracings around the right size to hold a CR chamber had fallen to the ground, their cargo obviously crudely cut away. All around the floor, Astrotrain saw what looked suspiciously like the smile trail left by a Quintesson.

"Well," he said to Blitzwing, this time speaking vocally rather than over his comlink, "I'd say we've found what Sixshot was looking at. It looks like whoever was here has packed up and left, though."

Smokescreen was a bit amused by Topspin's tone of voice, but the tactician had to admit that he shared the same excitement.

"I couldn't agree more," he told the ex-Wrecker, rolling out in the direction Soundwave had pointed them. "Keep a close watch, though. We don't know who might be watching."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Streets

A Hover-van pulled up near one of the mobs that were heading towards the Black Nova. The door slid open and a crate of weapons was kicked out into the road.

Governor a pragmatic mech through and through was taking advantage of the riot to settle scores with the Space Mafia.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Dead End, streets

When the unmarked Hovervan had tundled down the street towards him and his two bodyguards, Rollover had ignored it - just another delivery vehicle making its cautious way between stop-offs - but, when it slewed round and the back door opened... Rollover lifted his face from the metal and a big grin spread across his battered silver face, for there were weapons in the street!

He stood up, glanced at the rapid-repeater pistol in his right hand and tossed the thing aside. He could see a black-light gun and a nitro-ray cannon in the heap and they were going to be his. Bodyblow and Shrike were also drawn to the new weapons, although they both holstered their own rapid-repeaters with a cynical optic on the future.

"So," whined Shrike in his usual high-pitched drawl, tapping his sharp chin with one claw. "Who's the benefactor?"

"Who cares," Rollover grunted. "It's gonna be easy ta k-nock-off Black Shadow wiv these, yeah!"

"I've spaced the ovver teams on the lowbeam, boss. They's comin'," Bodyblow said. "All's we gotta do his make sure none of them cans get the good stuff..."

Them cans referring to the main body of the mob the gangsters were using as cover, and who had started to move over towards the unexpected bounty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heading towards the Warehouse:

Ironhide: -hitting the brakes- "Hold on a second, guys. Ain't gonna get anywhere if they see us comin'. Smokescreen, take point an' fahre up yer smoke ejectors, cover us awl in smoke. There's enough stuff goin' on out there, hopefully they ain't gonna look too closely."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Grease Pits

"Sounds good to me," Smokescreen said, flooring his accelerator and moving to the head of the pack. Black smoke started to spew from his tailpipe, quickly forming a thick, dark cloud around Smokescreen and the other Autobots.

"Drive carefully," he told Ironhide and Topspin. "Your visibility will be almost as impaired as our enemies'."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Grease Pits

Noticing that Astrotrain was no longer speaking over his com-link, Blitzwing allowed himself a moment to loosen up a bit.

He moved into to the office that Astrotrain was currently inspecting, noting the remnants left in the room.

He stopped to kneel down to inspect the fallen metal bracing now lying on the office floor, arriving to a quick and obvious conclusion.

"Hmm. What ever was here, it was removed hastily," Blitzwing told Astrotrain. "Whoever it was, they were in a hurry. I have to wonder if our quarry knew we were coming."

As Blitzwing pondered over this he noticed the faint, transparent, mucus-like trail that Astrotarain had earlier spotted. A Quintesson perhaps?

"Ugh, disgusting," Blitzwing muttered. "Shall we look for more clues?"
Chip1123
Protoform

The Grease Pits

Post by Chip1123 »

"Hey now- you know me- no terrain built or destroyed that I can't cross! Only thing I need to worry about is running into you cause you're going so slow!" Topspin joked back at Smokescreen. "Besides, stealth is an issue, but so is time!"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Polyhex main electricity production center.

Sunstreaker had engaged his radar dodging stealth, the guards at the facility wouldn't know he was there until he was in their face. He stuck to empty back streets and used his navicom to get find the way.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
redman prime

Streets near the Dead End

Post by redman prime »

The mob was a flowing, ephermeral unit, ebbing and flowing as addicts and empties picked up the cry or fell by the wayside to languish in the gutter. Such had been their existence before, but the ones that populated the mob had a different idea.

"A tomorrow without terror! Without Tyranny!" was the call that was going up in their huddled masses. They teemed along the street until they noticed a few mechs in a side street, picking up pieces of what appeared to be weaponry that had been, fortuitously, placed there. As if they were meant to be found...

The mob surged forward, sensing that this was a moment where they could put some substance behind their words. A stooped mech, Fapro, raised his bulk up to it's full height, still somewhat shorter than Rollover and looked the mech in the eyes. "You think we can grab some of these and give the establishment hell?"

Noticing that several of his mob scene were already arming themselves with an assortment of small caliber pistols, a few rifles, and the odd rapid-repeater pistol, he simply grunted and scooped up an ion-beam rifle, fitting it to his shoulder as he fixed his eye on the sights.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Dead End, streets

Rollover's fifteen mech gang had assembed on one side of the heap of weapons, variously grabbing what they fancied or simply snatching up as much as they could reasonably carry except... there was always one. A grey minibot was staggering beneath the weight of his haul when Bodyblow caught up with him and began to remove bits and pieces.

"Nah, Loader," the huge blue thug said calmly in a reasonable, I've-seen-this-all-before tone. "Youse know youse can't have alla dem. An' I can hear ya cussing!"

Still muttering, Loader managed to get away with two pulse cannons, two ion plasma ejectors, two accelerator rifles, two laser blasters and two concussion guns, a set to each side of his almost spherical body.

Meanwhile, Rollover was staring at a familiar green figure. A name came to him: Fapro. Yes, that was the name - a druggie from over the Third Quarter, who went clean after his brother died from cut syk. The gangster smiled, revealing the fact that several gaps in his dental arches had been infilled with various precious stones. If a loudmouth reformer was going to get the rabble stoked up, it would be easier for him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Refinery:

Ravage: -transforms to robot mode, leaps into the shadows, quickly climbing up to a high point, looking down on things, activates commlink to Staxx and Bulletbike- "Buzzsaw sent me. Need a hand?"

Closer to a certain warehouse:

Ironhide: -passive sonodar sensors online, echosounders engaged- "This ain't so bad, really...."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
redman prime

The Dead End, in the streets

Post by redman prime »

Fapro merely nodded at the gilded grill of Rollover.

the product I could'a bought with those... "well, we's a.. we're takin' some guns to give hell.." As Loader secured a sizable portion of the stake of weaponry at their disposal, he spoke, clearly feeling his postition diminish as the more overt bots had their way with the dropped weaponry.

Fapro was apprehensive of his position as voice of a mob, yet he knew it was him or back to a life of ambling the streets for the lot of his crowd.

Sometimes responsibility gives voice to the meekest of sparks.

"WELL!"

His courage was somehow peaking, even though his crowd was seemingly outgunned by the three mechs in front of them. But what they lacked in artillery, they made up for in numbers as empties that had previously occupied the mob had rejoined their ranks, not to mention the new recruits that rallied to their powerful chanting. The revolution was spreading!

"I think that is is high time that we, the down-trodden and unwanted, march to demand a Voice! We are the people! We demand to be heard!"

Fapro drew a sabre that he had picked up from the weapon stash and directed its point towards Darkmount, motioning his renegade ranks into motion.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Grease Pits

"I think the odds are very good they knew we were on the way," Astrotrain nodded. "Unless I miss my guess, at least one of our Decepticon 'brothers' is in league with...whoever did this."

Even after coming all this way, he didn't want to utter the name 'Megatron'. Not now. Not until he was sure.

"By all means, let's move on. If they were this sloppy here, they might have left some more evidence elsewhere."

The triple changer stepped out of the office and made his way toward the next door. However, it didn't want to open as easily as the others. After finally applying some force to it, he determined that in was, in fact, locked from the inside.

"Well, so much for stealth..."

With as much force as he could muster, the Decepticon admiral kicked the door in.

What he found on the other side didn't make him happy. It was sleek and black, a small self-sealed unit sitting atop a nondescript table. And in the top, left-hand corner if it, there was a timer, quickly counting down toward zero.

"A bomb!" he shouted to Blitzwing. "Fall back!"

"Oh, I would worry less about running into me than about Ironhide driving over you," Smokescreen teased Topspin. "But don't worry too much about time. We're almost there."

Megatron's HQ, nearby

Having cleared out anything and everything that could identify his master, Buzzsaw perched atop the roof of a nearby warehouse and waited, pretending to keep an optic sensor on his own home base.

Streets, Polyhex

Soundwave headed back to his intelligence base, confident that the plan would work out as intended. After all, it was his plan; although Megatron had laid out the broad strokes for him, it was Soundwave who had taken that vision, inspected it for flaws, and made it a reality. Thus had their partnership always been, and Soundwave looked forward to renewing it.

If nothing else, he mused, Megatron pays far closer attention to my council than Galvatron or Gigatron ever did.

Darkmount

Scorponok arrived at the fortress' rooftop landing pad. Stepping out of his shuttle, he took a situation report from the random subaltern who awaited him. Then, in a fit of rage, he took the subaltern's head from his body and sent both of them falling separately toward the ground at a great speed.

Hopefully he will crush a protester, the Decepticon leader thought angrily, and find more use in death than he had in life.

Responding to the stealth seekers' tactical report, he said, "Fire at will if you think the crowds are going to cause significant damage. Additional air power will join you shortly."

Switching to a different channel, he snapped, "Launch the ready fighters immediately."

Thirty seconds later, a dozen tetrajet seekers and the same number of sweeps swarmed out of Darkmount's launch tubes.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Grease Pits

Following Astrotrain to the next office, he pointed his rifle at the door and looked on as his comrade kicked it down.

He gasped when Astrotrain revealed what waited for them on the other side - a bomb. Blitzwing quickly turned away, making his way back towards the open area of the warehouse.

"Bah, to hell with stealth," he growled.

In haste, Blitzwing, concluding that they may not make it out before the bomb went off, quickly morphed into tank mode. Aiming his turret to the ceiling of the building, Blitzwing let off a concentrated blast, blowing a large hole through the roof.

"Astrotrain!" Blitzwing shouted. "This way!"

Reverting back to his primary mode, the triplechanger then lept into the air, transformed again into his jet mode and flew up towards the newly created escape route.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Grease Pits

"Well-played, old friend!" Astrotrain transformed to shuttle mode, rocketing up and out through the hole Blitzwing had blasted. Only seconds later, the bomb's timer reached zero and the entire warehouse was quickly engulfed in flame. Astrotrain had barely cleared the building when he was rocked by the shockwave from the explosion. He flipped end over end, slammed into the street, and skidded into a nearby building.

He could only hope that Blitzwing had fared a bit better.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Grease Pits

In a blur, Blitzwing shot through the hole he created in the roof of the warehouse. Astrotrain seemed to follow seconds later.

Just as soon as both triplechangers had barely managed to clear the building, it went up in a fiery blaze.

Like Astrotrain, the resulting shockwave from the explosion rocked Blitzwing about, causing him to lose altitude. As he began to nosedive toward the street below, Blitzwing transformed into tank mode.

Naturally, he feel like a rock, creating a small crater in the street below.

Though a bit bruised, the armored plating from his tank mode did a fine enough job absorbing the impact. Far less vulnerable as his jet mode, at any rate.

"..Uggh...uggh...m-maybe not such a good idea," he groaned. He was amazed that this tactic worked at all. "...guh..gonna have a h-headache for the next few solar cycles."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Dead End, streets

"Just gotta luv them mechs wiv a mish-un," Bodyblow grunted, ambling off in the opposite direction to the thrust of the mob, which had now been rallied back together and had split, with some going back towards Darkmount while the rest pushed onwards.

Shrike, scanning the thin strip of sky above the street, moved closer to Rollover and said, "There're Seekers way up there, Boss. From Darkmount, I guess, and watching for trouble. And that's Fapro, isn't it, pushing himself out in the front of the crowd?"

"Gorrit in one." Rollover turned his flashy grin on his first lieutenant and pointed into the shadowy streets of the old commercial sector. "We go thataway and our good buddy gets security forces trouble."

Genuinely surprised at Rollover's flash of tactical insight, Shrike nodded. "I've still got ground-level radio interference running."

"Good. BS don't know we're here yet." Rollover looked at the few remaining weapons lying in the road and shrugged.

By contrast, Shrike was pretty much sure they would be expected at The Black Nova. He had tried to talk Rollover out of this, but talking Rollover out of anything was almost a given no-go and so here they were. The Predacon was here because he was welcome nowhere else and he knew his fate was tied to his Boss - unless he did something about it...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]