[Original RPG] Shadow War: Time and Disregard (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

proving grounds

Krok saluted scorponok "We will obliterate all who opose us and restore order.be assured"

energon refinery

Bulletbike was rolling around with the detached head of the security droid in his hand.
“craze, burn and tranquillity!”.
Staxx regarded him “Yes, yes, very nice. But we must find if there are anymore survivors hiding. I counted 6 bodies, 4 maintenance droids and 2 guards.”
Staxx opened a comchannel to soundwave’s headquarters. “tape bots! Anyone there? We took out everyone. What do we do now?”
redman prime

Slaargs warren

Post by redman prime »

It was one simple motion, really.
Simply cock your head back and lift your arm. Nothing else to it. Do it in unison a few times and you start to feel good. Real Good.

At least, that's what Rumble and Frenzy were feeling, the better part of the energon bottle disposed of already.
"'Nother one then?" Frenzy asked, having taken the bottle from Rumble after he had poured the initial two drinks.

"Sure, might as well. I mean, we don't even know why we just did this-" gesturing at the Syk den's current state of affairs. "But I'm not complainin'. Got to flex the new forms and tie one on for free." Rumble wasn't much for introspection.

Frenzy, however, had a different opinion. "So why did we get sent down here? right on the edge of the pits, mucking around on useless nothings?"

Something shifted in the corner, causing the twins to turn and draw their pistols simultaneously. It was the body of Thessil, sliding down now that a pile of oil from his head trauma had lubed up his descent path.

"Damn empties. But really, what gives?" another thought struck him right after that. "And what about consequences? Soundwave might carry a big stick, but he doesn't rule the roost."

Rumble paused at that. "Well, who really does? We can get away with anything now that Giggy stays all cooped up in Darkmount."

Their candid discussion was cut off as they received a delayed message from Staxx. "Ugh.... Hey! wanna have some fun?" Frenzy asked his brother.
Replying to Staxx: "Good work on that whatever you did thingy. How about you set up near the refinery's entrance and keep an eye for anyhting wanting to know what's going on. Somebody's gonna wanna know sumthin."
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Proving Grounds

"That," Scorponok told Krok, "is what I wanted to hear. Deploy immediately and contact me when you get on-scene."

Megatron's Headquarters

Buzzsaw listened to the conversation between Frenzy and Staxx with half of his attention, paying more heed to Scorponok's deployment orders and the reports from The Tarnished Bronze, where Quickshot was piling up police carcasses like cordwood.

"You'll have company coming in a few minutes," he told Frenzy and Staxx. "In theory they're being sent to arrest you, but I should be able to convince them to stand down. If not, feel free to murder them."

Soundwave's Transport

Soundwave steered his vehicle through the city's main gate, then turned down the street that would lead to the Grease Pits.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Soundwave's Transport:

Ironhide: "If it ain't tryin' ta help us, Sunstreaker, then make sure it ain't gonna stop us. Ah'm gonna leave it ta you ta figger out whut is helpin' an' whut ain't."

Proving Grounds:

Ravage: -nods- "All right, Krok. Let's rally the troops."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
redman prime

Slaarg's Warren

Post by redman prime »

Buzzsaw's message caught Frenzy off guard slightly, the feeling that they were already detected and could possibly be in a fair bit of trouble.

"Uh, hey Buzzy, who uh, who's a-comin this way? you've got the ears goin' and all." He turned to his brother, who was looking perplexed as he had missed Buzzsaw's part of the conversation.

"Might as well pour the rest of that out, we're gonna have to move kinda quick."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Grease Pits

"Assuming we get the chance," Blitzwing nervously smiled back at Astrotrain.

Cautiously, Blitzwing made his way over to the opened loading door, sidling along the outer wall of the building, gyro-blaster in hand. From his position, he furtively peeked his head inside the building, taking in the exterior as he held his free hand back, motioning Astrotrain to halt.

Once he deemed it safe, he signaled with two fingers for both to enter.

"The point of no return," He mused as he slowly crept through entrance. "And yet, something about this doesn't sit right with me."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Landing Field

Detritus had watched the shuttles take off and head towards his former masters location.

He thought he'd better show willing before disappearing into the Cybertron underworld

An attempt of some kind tended to reassure future clients who could get rather particular about these things.

What he had been able to achieve had not been easy but access to the various craft scattered round the landing field had made his job easier.

From his position in an abandoned tower overlooking the landing field he looked down at the rows of drones.

He checked his proximity sensors were on high alert.

He slipped on the VR helmet and keyed in a command 3 drones sprang into life a squat hoverjet (think Mil24) a heavily armoured mid wing aircraft (A10) and a small VTOL ground attack Jet Harrier.

All he needed was to get them of fthe ground and the autopilots and targetting agolrythms would do the rest, switching th friend and foe id software had been easy.
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

proving ground

Krok and the other decepticons got moving as fast as they could towards their destination.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Underground radio station

Cyane watched Interceptor manipulating dials and checking readouts. Basically, the equipment was little more than tinkered-up military cast-offs, the kind of stuff used by spy stations in the Great War and only recently junked; it had the potential to do a lot more than merely broadcast music and anti-government reports.

Interceptor grunted and gave a twisted smile. "Multiple loci. Yeah! Moving ground level antennae. Like laying down radio-wave chaff. Whooo!"

"And that means?" Cyane asked, as lost as Interceptor had been earlier when she had first tried to explain the chemical weapon she had descovered.

"There's a lot of trouble moving through the Dead End, darling," he replied. "I gotta warn the others... Heh, I can't, can I?"

-------------------------------------------------------------
Streets

The mob had become divided. There was still a goodly number striding or rolling boldly along one of the main thoroughfares, but there were other, smaller groups of individuals making their way silently through parallel alleys. All of these latter were well-armed and they were employing High Frequency Transmitters (HFTs).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
redman prime

Slaarg's warren

Post by redman prime »

"Wait, Out OUT? or out into glasses?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Megatron's Headquarters

"Don't worry," Buzzsaw told Frenzy. "Ravage is co-leading the unit. Odds are that he has already rallied them to the cau--er, that he's related the situation to them and convinced them that interfering would be a very bad idea."

Switching to a different channel, he contacted Ravage. "I hear you've got an interesting new assignment. Are any of your teammates going to be trouble, or can you keep them from blundering into our operation? I have recently acquired a hired killer, if you need his services."

The Grease Pits

Astrotrain nodded ruefully. "Well, yeah, there is that," he admitted.

The triple changer waited a few seconds, doing his best to ignore the nervousness that was growing inside him as Blitzwing moved inside.

This is too easy, he thought. Far, far too easy.

He moved inside, sliding past Blitzwing's position with deft skill that he'd almost forgotten he had. He stopped and ducked into a recessed doorway a dozen paces past his fellow Decepticon, ion rifle held up at chest level. He swept the area in front of him, ready to shoot anyone or anything that moved.

He repeated the hand signal that Blitzwing had used moments before, letting the other Decepticon know that it was clear to move forward.

No, he decided, I don't like this one bit.

The Black Nova

Black Shadow was reading over the latest reports from his regional bosses when Shank knocked on the door and stuck his head in. The mobster frowned slightly; he'd accepted such behaviour from Turnpike, but his new lieutenant hadn't been on the job long enough for Black Shadow to be comfortable when he eschewed formality like that.

"What is it?"

"A spot of trouble," Shank said, his expression almost amused. "It seems like there's an angry mob rioting very close by. Security thinks they might be trouble."

Black Shadow sighed. "I thought turning this place into an unofficial Decepticon officers' club was supposed to prevent things like this."

"So did I." Shank shrugged. "Oh, well. Live and learn, right? Should I get the lockdown protocols started?"

"Yes, please do," Black Shadow told the younger gangster. "Make sure the guards know not to use rocket launchers this time, though. The last time they used them, they accidentally demolished half a mag-lev train, two energon kiosks and my favourite quaint holovid shop." He shook his head. "The rest of that night is something that I'd rather forget."

Shank, who had absolutely no idea what his boss was talking about, just nodded and said, "Don't worry. I'm on it."
redman prime

Slaarg's Warren

Post by redman prime »

Frenzy gestured at the glasses as he listened to Buzzsaw's communication. "Fair enough, birdy. Say, any way you can tell me what them other two idiots are doing over at the refinery?"

Cutting off his comm line, he picked up the freshly filled glass and relieved it of it's contents, dribbling a little bit down his chin. "Man, that is some nice weight stuff, eh bro?"

Rumble was looking into his glass, kaledioscoping the fragments of the room through the bottom. He set his glass down on the bar, holding out on answering for a moment. It was pretty heavy stuff. "Yeah, I feel you. What'd Buzzy say?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Megatron's Headquarters

"I'm not quite sure," Buzzsaw replied to Frenzy, "but I can find out quickly enough if you believe it's something you need to know. The gist of it is that they're supposed to burn it to the ground, though, from what I've heard."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Grease Pits

Seeing Astrotrain's signal, Blitzwing moved ahead, ducking and weaving behind any cover that was within his path until he was several paces away from his partner.

Concealing himself behind a vertical support beam, Blitzwing swept the area.

"Huh. Again, nothing."
The uncertainty of their mission was ever so gradually making him anxious. "It's too quiet. So quiet that it almost feels like were being watched. Something is bound to give."

With that thought, Blitzwing, with some reluctance, signaled Astrotrain to proceed.
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

energon refinery

Staxx and bulletbike looked around. Staxx grumbled “soundwave asked us to torch the place down, but I’ve go a feeling this is going to cause more trouble then it’s worth”.

Bulletbike’s glaze changed from madman to a lucid killer “We always get in trouble, you dolt, since we are bringers of chaos…” without giving another look at the dumbfounded Staxx he started firing his plasma blasters at one of the smaller fuel tanks which exploded taking a part of the wall with it.
“chaos!” Bulletbike screamed.

Staxx only sighed.

energon refinery and surroundings

the explosion was heard miles around the complex...

en route to energon refinery

Krok watched the troops - ravage co leading their group, Charger, Loadrun and the other decepticons.what were they thinking? He adressed ravage "do you have any idea what we're up against? or any special tactics? if the information is correct and they are only 2 it shouldn't be too much of a problem."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Dead End, streets

The two stealth Seekers who had been monitoring the situation from high altitude reported back to Darkmount: Tactical analysis indicates no prearranged belligerent activity by largest number of units - suggest intercept without prejudice. Observations of six breakaway groups prove co-ordinated strike pattern targeted to ex-commercial sector - communications jamming at ground level - please advise.

(ooc - if anyone is in Darkmount and would like to reply, please do so.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
redman prime

near Darkmount, but not too near

Post by redman prime »

A small brigade of emtpies and addicts were congregating and had heard the rambling antics of the wasted bot atop the tower; heard his cries of change. They also had heard the Peacemakers uncoil several rounds into the crowd, sending them scattering. One such fragment was moving past their small numbering now, echoing the sentiments of the the misbegotten bot.

Nerves and tensions were running high, but there was a sense of angst that fueled both crowds. Things could change. They could make things change.

The masses entertwined and struck forth again, chants becoming louder as empties along the street were struck up in their chorus for a revolution.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Grease Pits

Astrotrain picked up on Blitzwing's signal and moved deeper into the building proper, again passing his fellow triple changer. The admiral swept the building with his ion rifle, ready to open fire on anything he saw that looked out of the ordinary.

There really wasn't much to see.

The building itself was nothing but an abandoned warehouse, a large open space with a few small corridors, like the one they had entered from, along the outside. In the main chamber, a few metal crates were scattered haphazardly around the room like so much confetti at a human wedding celebration. By all appearances, the two triple changers were alone in the building.

"Not much in the way of cover moving forward," he transmitted silently over a tight-beam channel to Blitzwing. "But not many places for an attacker to hide, either. If we're going to find anything of interest, the only places to look are the crates, or the offices off to the right. Which one sounds like a better prospect to you?"

Soundwave's Transport

The vehicle ground to a halt on the edge of the Grease Pits. The Decepticon's voice filtered over the intercom.

"This is as far as I can take you. The warehouse you are looking for is three kilometres south of here. I'm leaving the transport here. Once I return to my headquarters I'm reporting it stolen, so feel free to use it for your extraction from the city." His voice seemed to catch for a moment, and a note of incredulousness entered it. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish you good luck with your rescue mission."

Smokescreen rolled out of the transport as soon as the hatch was open, waiting for his fellow Autobots to follow suit.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heading towards the refinery:

Ravage: -rumbling along in vehicle mode- "Depends on who the two are, Krok. I'll go in first, scout things out." -engine roaring as he pulls away-

Soundwave's Transport, near the Grease Pits:

Ironhide: "Ah can't b'lieve yer sayin' it, either. Thanks, Soundwave. Guess you ain't th' only one sayin' thing ya never thought ya'd say." -backs out of the transport, drops the ramp on Prime's trailer- "Awlrahght, Sunstreaker, we're here. Go mess 'em up."

Closer to the Refinery:

Ravage: -over commlink to Buzzsaw- "They're unsure of their loyalty to Gigatron, and after all that abuse Scorponok heaped on them, they certainly don't feel very loyal to him. Still, I'd rather not give them too many options at the moment. After all, it only takes one..... As for what I'm doing, I'm scouting the area out. Should be able to slow them down."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Megatron's Headquarters

"Fantastic," Buzzsaw told Ravage. "If you have a chance, please continue to push them in the right direction. The more soldiers willing to join Megatron when he declares himself openly, the better."