[Original RPG] Shadow War: Time and Disregard (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

energon refinery

Staxx and bulletbike stood before the complex. as soon as they recieved the order from soundwave they readied weapons.

(occ: who's playing the oposition? or is this just a shootout?)
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

proving ground

Krok regarded Charger and loadrun. “fine troops you are. I hope you’ll do better next time.”
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Darkmount

Loop crawled up to the parapet

"thats right go eliminate destroy the Space Mafia , they're trying to kill us all even as they leak us dry."

Frag raised a massive fist and brought it down on Loop's cranium.

"it's for your own good."

He bundled up the now unconscious gangster and hauled towards the buildings stairwell.

"Things are getting much too hot round here."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Darkmount

Running away is a great idea - but not when you run directly at the very thing you want to avoid! Scores of ruined chasses littered the ground right before the gates where the guards were picking up those who were still functional. Maybe the terminated were getting off lightly....

The Peacebringers had slowed down, concentrating on the large mass of mechs trapped between them while the Seekers dropped down to pick off those who tried to break away. But a much smaller, quieter mob had filtered into two thoroughfares heading away from Darkmount; they had not found Loop, but they had found a purpose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Proving Ground

Vindicator heard Ravage's order an stopped firing. He walked over to meet up with the squad leader in order to wait for Scorponok's orders.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Megatron's Lair

"I'd like to think so," Buzzsaw told Quickshot. "Your first mission will be to wait here for about two breems, then go outside and shoot every mech in Polyhex Constabulary livery that you can find. Sound like fun?"

The cassetticon's beak hung open in an avian grin.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Grease Pits

Blitzwing returned to his primary mode and moved to the main entrance of building, which Astrotrain, naturally, found locked.

"Well, as much as I would prefer the easy way out, since I am as subtle as, well, a tank," Blitzwing replied. "Stealth might be well advised in this case. All of this is politically risky, and we're not exactly equipped to storm the place, there being only two of us. Then again, for all we know our presence has already been detected. We can't rule out the possibility that our quarry has taken trespassers into account and has made the necessary preparations. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Still, if you're asking me, I'd prefer stealth, but this is your operation." Blitzwing looked to Astrotrain. "So, what's the strategy?"
redman prime

Soundwave's lair

Post by redman prime »

the twins took to the streets, changing into their chic new forms and accelerating away. The Slaargs warren was their destination; their mission it's denizens slaughter.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Underground radio station

Interceptor sat silent, staring at the sound console. 'I mean, basically, yeah, like,' he told himself. 'It's a doomsday weapon...'

"Do you still want to play silly sluggers?" Cyane asked him coldly.

He shook his head. 'I got friends - well, kinda - in there!' Glancing at the feeds from Darkmount he added, 'Yeah, out there, too.'

Cyane's smile was thin. She had told the Seeker exactly what the small parcel of chemicals could do if released. She had included a description of the rats' deaths. It looked like he'd got the point at last: no joke.

"Uh, wassat?" Interceptor started up, hands flashing over the array of switches and buttons. "Blast it! There's so much frak flying the airwaves are frying. I'm whiting out!"

---------------------------------------------------------
Darkmount

The mob outside Darkmount was reduced to little more than the injured. The Peacebringers had been stood down and were on guard only as small groups of their victims were driven through the gates to be processed and incarcerated, while the terminated were dragged to the Smelting Pool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Grease Pits

"Blitzwing suggesting stealth? I never thought I'd see the day." Astrotrain shot his fellow Triple Changer a grin. "It's probably the best idea, though. Lets see if we can find a back door or an open window."

The admiral suspected that they were already being watched, but didn't say anything to Blitzwing. His old friend's combat instincts were a lot better than his -- if they were being watched, Blitzwing would suspect it just as much as he did and there was no point in telling their hypothetical observer that they were onto him.

Stepping back from the locked front door, Astrotrain started to make a slow circle around the warehouse. As he walked, he noticed half a dozen possible ways to make entry: a smashed window here, an unlocked loading door there, and several unsecured heating vents. A part of him strongly suspected that each of the supposedly-unguarded entries were protected with some kind of less-visible security.

"Lots of possibilities," he told Blitzwing. "You're the combat instructor, so I'll defer to your judgement. What's our best approach?"
mastasini
Protoform

energon refinery

Post by mastasini »

Staxx and bulletbike charged forward.

At first glance only two security droids were present.Their round bulbous heads glancing around with only minimal intelligence or interest.

When the first laserburst impacted on one of the droids it was already too late to react. The second droid opened fire but staxx slammed in to him at full speed. meanwhile Bulletbike continued shooting on the first, now already lifeless, droid.
redman prime

The Slaargs Warren

Post by redman prime »

Thessil took another sip from his watered down energon in a corner booth of the Slaargs warren. There were a few regulars in the bar, mostly empties and addicts that idled in the bar, hoping for scum work from the space mafia that only filtered in occasionally.

There wasn't really much to tell about the crowd, at least until the front doors exploded inward and two mechs strode in with an air of authority. The Black one grabbed the bartender before anyone had recovered from their initial assault and ripped his arms out of their sockets, weilding them as sparking clubs as he assaulted several of the bar's patrons.

The purple one was much more direct, as he latched his fingers into a catatonic mech's optical sockets. With a swift twist of his arm, the head completely severed from the now lifeless body. His next action was degrading to both victims, as he hurled the skull into one empty that had began to run away. It struck him in the back and sent him casting forward into the edge of a booth, impaling him on the jagged corner.

Thessil was dumbfounded in the manner that the two Decepticons had dispatched everyone in the room in a manner of moments. Everyone, that was, except him. This realization didn't escape their attention, as the Purple one drew his pistol and leveled it directly at Thessil.

Well, crap.
That was the last thought to go through Thessil's head, but not the last thing.
The laser round accomplished that.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Megatron's Lair:

Quickshot chuckled. "I get to do what I love, and get paid for it too. I love my job." Two breems later, he transformed and roared out of the warehouse, heading for the most likely place to find the local constabulary.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Underground radio station

Sitting back, sulking, Interceptor spat out an extremely rude word and said, "That's not random noise - someone's blocking the public transmission wavelengths."

"Who?" Cyane asked.

"Dunno." The Seeker flicked switches, turning off the static hiss.

"They're stopping information getting round Polyhex," Cyane speculated.

"Nothing new there," Interceptor grunted. "But Darkmount usually just cuts everything dead."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Grease Pits

Blitzwing considered the best - and stealthiest - entry into the warehouse. C

"Okay, let's review our options," he told Astrotrain. "Though ventilation seems like the choice option, let's still assume that security measures are in place. If that is the case, we wouldn't be able to move quick enough to escape. I hate to say it, but the most blatantly dangerous route is probably the best options we got."

He pointed over toward the opened loading door.

"Simple 'leap-frog' strategy. You know, carefully alternate positions - one drops back while the other investigates, when clear the one that is concealed moves forward and repeats the same process, and so on and so on. Of course, if you don't like that strategy, the ventilation might be safer...but, like I said, consider the risk of loosing mobility. Meaning it'll be harder to turn around."

Blitzwing looked to Astrotrain. "You ready?"
redman prime

Slaargs Warren

Post by redman prime »

Frenzy holstered his pistol and looked around the room. It had taken the two of them hardly any time at all to completely annihilate their opponents, in a manner that would have made decent folk turn their heads. The Decepticon way.

He turned and saw Rumble dispatching the bartender whom he had previously liberated from his pesky arms. Rising from his dispatchment, Rumble grabbed a bottle of high octane energon and managed to find two glasses that weren't shattered.

"Cocktail on a job well done?" as he poured two double measures of the life sustaining liquid.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Grease Pits

"Well," Astrotrain said gamely, checking the charge on his ion rifle, "I'd say you and I are thinking along the same lines. I'm ready when you are."

The Triple Changer stepped aside, gesturing with his rifle to indicate that Blitzwing should take point; if it came down to it, the other Decepticon could take more damage than he could without dropping.

"Just one thing," Astrotrain added as they prepared to enter, "if we do see Megatron, and he's hostile, we don't wait for him to take the first shot."

Silently he thought, If he does, odds are it'll be the last one.

Proving Grounds

Scorponok's usual scowl deepened as reports of shootings on the outskirts of the Grease Pits started to roll in.

A fuel refinery and a Syk den, both attacked by unknown gunmechs within one breem? Not a coincidence.

Slamming his claw down on the nearest comm panel, he barked out orders to the local security commander. "I want you to get your troops down to the Slaarg's Warren and the Pit 14 Energon Refinery immediately! Capture the attackers and bring them to me or don't bother coming back!"

As soon as he cut the channel off, he bellowed over the intercom to Ravage and Krok. "Get over here now! I have a job for you!"

Megatron's Lair

Buzzsaw had seen Quickshot off, then perched at the base's communications monitoring equipment. He intercepted Scorponok's command to Ravage and smiled his avian smile.

Good old predictable Scorponok, he thought. He's sending Megatron's most loyal follower out to foil his plan. He's playing his part so well that he might as well be in on the plan.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Proving Grounds:

Ravage: -pads over, sits, tail curling around his front paws, ears forward- "And what is that, Scorponok?"

Streets:

Quickshot slewed to a halt in front of Polyhex's best known cop bar, The Tarnished Bronze. Transforming to robot mode, he pulled his guns. Striding up to the doors, he kicked them in, guns roaring to life as he strode in, the sounds of gunfire and the screams of the wounded and dying music to his derranged ears.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Proving Grounds

Scorponok waited a moment before he replied to Ravage, listening to the continuing reports from the Grease Pits.

"Your report on the training scenario will have to wait. Someone seems to have unleashed a campaign of terror and murder in the Grease Pits," the massive Decepticon said. "I expect you and Krok to deploy there with your men and restore some semblance of order. If any of the local police are still alive when you get there, work with them. If not, you're on your own. If anyone resists arrest, mouths off or even just looks at you the wrong way, kill them on site."

Approaching the city

Soundwave's transport moved toward the city, passing through the outer customs checkpoint without so much as a single question from the guards on duty.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Soundwave's Transport

"So, what exactly are my limits. I assume I don't have the same carte blanche to do what I want considering my employer." Sunstreaker asked Ironhide over internal communication. Following Autobot protocol would be something he was not used too.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS