[Original RPG] Shadow War: The Gray Race (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Sterling Hotel

Post by Chip1123 »

Turbofire woke up. "Nice to know I'm in good hands doc. Thanks for the repair. Do you when, or if, I'll get my memory back? And doubtful as it is, was there anything to indicate who did it/what happened?" he asked Ratchet
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel

Mauler continues to whisper Bluestreak. "Hmmm, Brickmix huh? Well whatever on the disc, that Autobot might be our only hope. Those cons are up to something. It's worth an energon. Let hope Brickmix won't spill the microchips with anybody, espically the cons. Where is Brickmix anyway, Bluestroke?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, sick bay area

The panelwork Aero Blade held was a credit to him, and Mirage, reassured by Ratchet's certainty about Gnaw, slipped back to his place to await the final external repairs he so badly required. Once he was fixed up, then he could go find fuel for himself rather than impose on anyone's valuable time; he could also go sort out one or two things.

As he lay back, he noticed the tridee which had been set up so quietly, obviously by Quickmix, who was still fiddling to iron out some image flickering. "Good idea!" he called over.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

"You've got me there," Bluestreak told Mauler. "I don't see him around, but he was in the hotel last I heard. You'll have to look for him on your own, though, because I've got to help out Perceptor for a while. Try to be quiet about it, though...Maximus won't be happy if he hears we're talking about stuff like this behind his back."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Nodding in respose to Ratchet's request, Aero Blade changed direction, headed back over to where Mirage was resting, finding a spot to place them where the doctor would be able to find them easily. He then turned his attention to Mirage instead of heading off immediately.

"How are you doing? Sorry I didn't get these done earlier," Aero spoke, probably refering to the mild distraction locating Gnaw had presented.
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel

"Sure." Mauler whispered to Bluestreak. He went to search for Quickmix.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Sterling Hotel : Parking garage

The cavernous supply depot of the garage, once filled with luxury landing pods and sleek sportscraft of upper class clientele was now barren, save for the empty autobot cargo sleds from the steelhaven, and a few stacks of less valuable crates of supplies. Perceptors' footsteps echoed loudly as he carried the first of the security radio-monitoring equipment cases to the nearest sled and slid it onto the flatbed... there was no one else around... Opening a coded com channel he transmitted the holoprint of sterling hotels' lower levels and subterranean access tunnels, highlighting the ones he had left un-blocked, to his sharkticon henchmen hidden in the suburbs of the city. And then made his way back to the lobby to get the next crate.

Protihex suburbs

Ths silhouettes of two sharkticon warriors slide open an drainage duct cover, and disappear into the sewers...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

Bluestreak watched as Mauler walked away, then noticed that Perceptor had returned. "Ah, doc. Sorry 'bout the delay, but I kinda got sidetracked." The gunner grabbed the crate that Perceptor had asked him to take earlier. "I'm on task now, don't you worry. You can trust Bluestreak to get the job done!"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Sterling Hotel; Med-bay

“Well, as far as I can tell,” Ratchet answered Turbofire. “The nature of the injury suggests that it was inflicted upon you. Perhaps by a blunt object, or maybe some other form of weapon. I saw no evidence of anything energy based, though, but it is a possibility. As for your memory - I did all I could with what's on hand. Everything is in running order, but overcoming amnesia is sometimes a gradual process. The damage could even be psychological, and all that is needed is the appropriate trigger.”

As Ratchet spoke with Turbofire, he made his way over to Mirage, now back at his gurney.

“Hmm. Curious. Do you remember anything?” Ratchet asked Turbofire, while at the same time, he lifted up one of the panels that Aero Blade had earlier prepared.

Finding its designated spot on Mirage’s body, Ratchet connected the piece of housing back onto to the blue-and-white clad Autobot. “How are you doing? Sorry about the wait. This will only take a minute,” He told Mirage.

Once he finished with the first panel, he moved on to the next. As he remained fixed on his work, he continued to speak with Turbofire.

“Try to back track. Where were before you came here? And before that?”

He moved on to the next panel…and then the next. Before he knew it, Ratchet had finished. Mirage was as good as new, minus a few paint applications of course.

“And there we go,” Ratchet cheerfully announced. “But, uou look famished, Mirage. We brought plenty of rations with us. There should be energon caches in the main lobby.”
Chip1123
Protoform

sterling hotel, med-bay

Post by Chip1123 »

"I can't remember anything new. Fort Max had assigned me my task. I was walking down a corridor, and then the next thing I know, I was standing in the lobby having no clue what had happened in the time in between. It's frustrating as heck not being able to remember" Turbofire told Ratchet as the medic uncharacteristically dropped an instrument on the ground. "Wait! That reminds me- I do remember in the corridor that I saw something laying on the ground. I bent down to examine it and then... after that is black..."
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel

Mauler still continues to look for Quickmix. "Brickmix! Brickmix! Where are you?!" said Mauler
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, sick bay area

Mirage ran a hand over the repairs and nodded approvingly; Ratchet never lost his touch! Briefly, the spy considered finding some paint, but the thought of a power boost pushed any such speculations aside. He swung himself up off the gurney, checking his internal diagnostics while Turbofire was speaking, then put in a quick "Thanks, doc - thanks Aero Blade!" as he headed back to the main part of the lobby.

Almost immediately, he ran into Wheelie, who was trying to drag along another minibot he recognised as Tap Out. "Hey, need a hand?" he asked.

Wheelie looked up gratefully. "Wheelie wonders what is wrong/Why this one can't walk along!" he rhymed and went on, very seriously, "He's delirious and I think someone should see to him right away..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Sterling Hotel, sickbay area

Aero Blade seemed to nod his head slightly as Mirage spoke to him in passing, but otherwise he was again absorbed in his work, going down the list Ratchet had supplied him and begining to work on the next sets of necessary parts.

For one who typically had such a potent fear of the medical staff, for the moment Aero Blade seemed to have forgotten about how closely he was working to one, just continuing on as though it was nothing out of the ordinary.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

Having spent just about as long as he could manage overseeing events and not doing anything, Fortress Maximus triggered his comlink and contacted Ratchet.

"Doctor, I need a status report. Have you managed to work through your backlog of patients yet?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Sterling Hotel; Sickbay

With patients tended to, Ratchet finally found a moment to further examine Gnaw, who still lay deactivated on a nearby gurney.

After performing a full diagnostic of the Sharkticon's body, Ratchet rolled a life support machine over to the bed. After hooking the corresponding wires and tubes to Gnaw, Ratchet looked over the monitor that sat above the machine.

A life sign, though very faint.

"Ah, there's still life in you yet," Ratchet said. "Good. Then there's still hope."

As Ratchet rejoiced, Fortress Maximus' transmission came in.

"Hmm? Oh, a status report," Ratchet replied. "Yes. At the moment, I am all caught up with my backlog, with the exception of the Sharkticon that Aero Blade discovered earlier. Goes by the designation "Gnaw". Appeared to be abandoned. I just hooked him up to life support. Why, is something wrong?"

-----

~Elsewhere~

Following the discussion between Shockwave and Perceptor, with a purposed plan of segregation, Groove, Protihex's resident pacifist, took it upon himself to follow up on this matter.

Upon locating Shockwave, Groove approached him. Groove's rather naive yet amiable nature allowed him to approach the ex-Decepticon without the slightest bit of trepidation. While this could be perceived by many as his weakness, to Groove himself it was one of his greatest strengths.

"Umm, excuse me," Groove said politely. "But why are you leaving?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

"At the moment," Fortress Maximus told Ratchet, "there are numerous things wrong. Alas, I can't think of a single thing we can do to right most of them." He sighed. "The one thing I can think of is that this city needs a proper hospital, not just a makeshift clinic. No slight is meant to your medical skills when I say that you would be far more effective working from a fully-stocked surgical ward."

The Autobot commander cast a glance across the still-teeming lobby, trying unsuccessfully to catch sight of his medic.

"I'm hoping to use my repair bay mode and my drones to renovate one of the nearby vacant buildings into a genuine hospital for you and the city's local medical staff. When you're able to get away from your duties for a moment, I need your input on my designs."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

(ooc - zigzagger, I've lost Onslaught somewhere... so I'm going to make the best of it)

Street, just outside the Sterling Hotel

A short while ago: Shockwave had tried to talk with Onslaught, to convince him that the Autobot interference in Protihex's internal matters would go beyond simple medical assistance, that the ex-Decepticons must, despite the cost, separate themselves for their own protection. Onslaught had listened and nodded, but what he was thinking he had never revealed.

Alone now, Shockwave brooded. Maybe these new emotions of his were coming at too high a price? Paranoia was an old trait of his that he had overcome with logic, but logic failed in the flow of emotion...

Wearily, he entered the hotel lobby again and was accosted by someone asking: "Umm, excuse me. But why are you leaving?"

Being honest with himself, Shockwave did not feel inclined to go through the arguments another time, especially when he noted the speaker, Groove, was an Autobot. "As of this moment, I am seeking refreshment," he said. "Would you care to accompany me? I observe that you have been helping with the supplies; I would welcome an update on provision availability."

Meanwhile
Mirage was carrying Tap Out into the sickbay area while Wheelie pushed ahead and came beside Ratchet, reaching up to attract his attention urgently.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Sterling Hotel : Lobby

Perceptor looked around the reception desk, checking that the two crates that were left of the equipment were indeed the only two crates that were going to be neccessary. He looked to Bluestreak for reassurance, and flicked the switch of the public anouncement communicator behind the desk.
ATTENTION ALL FORMER AUTOBOTS, IN THE ONGOING EFFORT TO APPEASE TENSION WITHIN THE CITY IT HAS BEEN PROPOSED, A TEMPORARY SEGREGATION ACCORDING TO ANCIENT FACTION ALIGNMENT.

IF ALL FORMER AUTOBOTS WOULD OBLIGE IN FOLLOWING MYSELF TO THE NORTHERN RESIDENTIAL QUARTERS OF PROTIHEX, AND ALL FORMER DECEPTICONS REPORT TO SHOCKWAVE, WE MAY COMMENCE PROCEDURES.

I STRESS THAT THIS IS A TEMPORARY ARRANGEMENT. THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING.
He switched off the communicator and hefted one of the last crates. "ready ?" he asked bluestreak, before striding towards the parking garage, hoping to get away before people began trying to ask him questions.
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel

Mauler was still looking for Quickmix. "Quickmix, where are you? Quickmix?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Sterling Hotel; Sickbay

Post by Chip1123 »

"Thanks for the help Ratchet. I'll let you know if I remember anymore details. I'm going to get out of the way now." Turbofire said as the announcement came over his comm unit. "Whats that about? What do they know that we don't?