[Original RPG] Shadow War: The Gray Race (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

Fortress Maximus replied to Wheelie's comm with a small frown, although of course the small survivalist wouldn't be able to see it. "What can I help you with, Wheelie?"

Bluestreak nodded to Perceptor. "Sounds like a plan, Perfesser. I'm no tech, mind you, so if any of the stuff you need disconnected is really complicated you'd probably handle it yourself and just let me drive the sledge. If it's just a matter of unhooking it from the power grid I can help, but that's about where my expertise ends."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, lobby

'Fortress Maximus,' Wheelie acknowledged. "I am helping a very sick mech. I recommend you appoint one of your team to listen in on what Shockwave is discussing with Onslaught...'

Even as he commed this, Wheelie wondered whether Fort Max would appreciate that - peace or no peace - some things had to be done.

---------------------------------------------------------
Operating area

Mirage did not even want to consider what Ratchet was going to do to Turbofire and tuned out. He would wait patiently (was that a joke?) and be grateful it wasn't him. Anyway, his internals were being repaired at such a rate now that he had started to feel simultaneously exhilerated and exhausted; he needed fuel.

Lifting his head from the gurney he cast around to find someone who might oblige. Truth was, he didn't dare try to get up at that point in case Ratchet spotted him. However, he saw Gnaw lying totally inert a little way away and braved the good doctor's wrath to check on the Sharkticon for himself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

"I'm afraid we're a bit lacking in terms of spies at the moment," Fortress Maximus told Wheelie. "In fact, you're probably the only person in the city who's suited for the job. I don't think sending Quickmix or Aero Blade would turn out all that well."

The large Autobot frowned for a moment, then shrugged. "If you're willing to look in on the Decepticons yourself, bring your injured friend to me and my repair bay mode can take care of whatever is ailing him."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, lobby

Wheelie, half-crushed by Tap Out's weight, allowed himself a rueful smile. 'Thank you for your offer, but Ratchet is nearer and easier to reach!' he sent back to Fortress Maximus. 'Once my friend is settled, I'll return to shadow Shockwave.'

It was not the option Wheelie would have preferred, but somebody had to do it and besides, when he dropped off his burden, it would be into safe hands that could do with being kept safe. As far as he could tell, Mirage was well disposed towards the so-called ex-Decepticons in Protihex and trying to get him to spy on them, once he was repaired, might be impossible. So much for running away to escape the fighting and the politics!

"Ratchet will take you in his care," he chanted to Tap Out. "Keep on walking - nearly there!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Sterling Hotel

"I was just about to start them," Aero Blade replied to Ratchet as he seemed to come back to his senses for the moment. "I was gathering material at the time I found...him..." the tech decided. First instinct really had been to refer to Gnaw as an 'it', but he didn't feel that would be respectful or go over well with the doctor.

Quickly gathering the remaining materials to recycle, Aero Blade brought them back to an appropriate area to start his work, bringing out his tools and begining what seemed to be an almost unnaturally fast but skilled reworking of the metal into panels.

After finishing a bit of his work, Aero Blade looked up towards the doctor, as though he'd had a thought that had distracted him. "Ratchet....is that a transformer..?" he asked hesitantly, referring to Gnaw's unconcious form.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, sick bay area

"No - and yes," Mirage said, right beside Aero Blade. "He's a Sharkticon. And before you have the vapours, his name is Gnaw and he's a friend of Hot Rod. There are the remains of the Autobrand under his 'chin'."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel, Lobby

Mauler was trying to figure out was inside that disk. Instead he's looking for Bluestreak. "Bluestroke. Bluestroke." said Mauler as he look for Bluestreak.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

sterling hotel : lobby

"quell your fears, my friend. It is more your company and extra hands that I would appreciate. I oversaw the installation of the system." Perceptor chatted back to bluestreak as they crossed the lobby towards the command center installed at the reception desk. Cables spilled out over the counter and snaked in every direction.

Perceptor keyed in the security codes, and the systems shut down audibly. He unplugged a few powerlines and picked up a crate. "could you grab that one ?" he asked, before heading towards the parking garage.

protihex suburbs

Two sharkticon guards finish camouflaging their spherical ship amoungst the debris of the cyclohex explosion, and begin preparing the explosives they had brought with them...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sterling Hotel Sick Bay Area

Quickmix fiddled absently with a wall mounted tridee unit.

~*~

Tap Out staggered along

"watch out he's behind you."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

"That sounds good to me," Bluestreak told Perceptor. "Company I can do, and last I checked both of my hands were firmly attached at the wrist." He glanced down and mimed the process of checking. "Yep, still there."

Hearing Mauler's voice call out, he glanced over his shoulder. "What do you need?"

"Keep in touch," Fortress Maximus told Wheelie. "I would offer to assist you, but...well, I'm hardly the sort of mech who can go unnoticed."
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel

Mauler whispered to Bluestreak. "Remember Mauler found that strange disc, Bluestroke? Mauler show it to commander and commander told Mauler to put it away and don't let nobody see it. Mauler don't know what on it. But Mauler guess the disc might be a decepticon plan to attack us."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Wheelie nodded, although Fortress Maximus could not see him. 'Acknowledged,' he commed. He then pulled the sagging Tap Out up again and said to him: "Ratchet will help, you know/Few more steps - on we go!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

"I know," Bluestreak told Mauler, just a bit frustrated. "But Maximus...he doesn't seem to want to do anything about it. What can we do?"
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Sterling Hotel

Mauler continues to whispered Bluestreak. "Mauler don't know. Mauler think we should look for some other Autobot who not lazy and with full of smarts?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sterling Hotel

Tap Out staggered optics flickering

"Happy Birthday Mr President."

~*~

Quickmix slowly tuned the tridee till he got a newscast.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Sterling Hotel

~Earlier~

“Alright,” Ratchet nodded to Turbofire.

Accessing a small panel on his patient’s chest, Ratchet pressed a sequence of switches, and then closed it. “Now relax. You’ll being going offline in…3…2…1…”

Once Turbofire’s stasis had been confirmed, Ratchet went to one of the larger caches of medical equipment and pulled out two rectangular shaped instruments, along with a few other tools.

After hooking up the equipment to a nearby ultrasonic device, Ratchet placed one of these mechanical “boxes” on each side of Turbofire’s head - one being a high-intensity intraoperative wide-bore resonance imaging scanner and the other being an integrated image-guided surgical system. In short, a portable image guided neural surgery system.

After setting up, and making certain his equipment was operating properly, Ratchet, with laser scalpel in hand, very carefully removed the crown (OOC: or whatever you what to call it) from Turbofire’s head, revealing the the complex neural circuitry underneath. He placed it aside to be dinged out shortly.

Paying close attention to the image projected on system’s screen, Ratchet slowly began to work.

----

~Later~

As Ratchet continued to work over Turbofire, Aero Blade, who had been working on reshaping the panels Ratchet requested, had inquired about Gnaw, lying deactivated nearby. But before Ratchet could give a guess, Mirage answered for him.

“That’s his name? Gnaw,” Ratchet said, not once turning away from his Turbofire. “Well, I’m glad our friend here has an identity. You know him? Any idea who last attempted his repair? It appeared he was simply abandoned.”

Ratchet looked up to Mirage and gave him a rather playfully stern look. “Shouldn't you be at the table? I am almost finished here. Aero Blade looks to have finished those panels for you.”
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Mirage grinned at Ratchet's expected admonition and said, "I do not really know very much about him, but yes, his name is Gnaw and he's an Autobot. Derby was working on him, but he would appear to have left us..." He paused, troubled now by the doctor's disappearance and wondering whether it had been by choice or force. "As for me? I was hoping for something to keep my strength up!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"Just about," Aero Blade responded to Ratchet as the doctor spoke to Mirage. Essentially, the panels were indeed finished, but the tech was still working on fine-tuning them beyond what was required. I'd been a while since he had worked on making anything, and he was enjoying the chance to keep his hands moving.

Finally, the sensible part of his processor won out of the work-oriented part, convencing himself that there was nothing more he could do to improve the panels further. Gathering up the items, he brought them over to Ratchet to turn over to the doctor.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Sterling Hotel

"Derby. Huh, I'll have look into that name," Ratchet answered Mirage. "Still, Gnaw here, though critically damaged, is repairable."

Once he was certain that the concussive damage Turbofire sustained had been properly mended, Ratchet moved on to the "helmet" piece that he earlier placed aside. The damage wasn't extensive, so it took no time at all for the war medic to ding out any dints and mend any connective circuitry that required it.

As Ratchet finished, Aero Blade approached him, panels in hand. "Nice job."

He stopped to admire the craftsmanship of Aero's work. "Mirage should be pleased. Could you put those over by his gurney."

----

Ratchet returned to his current task and slid the metal scalp back on top of Turbofire's head. With a slender tool in hand, he fastened it tightly into place until it was secured.

After performing a final diagnostic, Ratchet prepped Turbofire to be roused.

"Turbofire?" He gently coaxed. "Turbofire?...Welcome back."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

Bluestreak shrugged as he replied to Mauler. "Well," he said, "there's always Quickmix. It's possible he could decrypt whatever's on the disc. It might take him a long time, and it's not really his department, but I suppose we've probably got the gear he'd need for the job back on the Steelhaven. I dunno...he might not like going behind Maxie's back, but I suppose it really couldn't hurt for you to ask him, could it?"