[Original RPG] Shadow War: The Gray Race (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"hmmm... my memory doesn't sound to be as bad as theirs was. I was out only about 20 earth minutes I believe. No one has seen a clone of me walking around have they?" Turbofire asked Mirage.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, lobby

Mirage laughed out loud at Turbofire's worried question. "You could probably run two of Fort Max side-by-side through here and no one would notice!" He sobered a little, shook his head. "I have no reason to distrust any of the 'Cons, but you never know whether any of them have a personal agenda."

Like, he thought, where is Swindle?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Taking only a moment to read through the list that he had been given, Aero Blade's processor was already making calculations for how to design the necessary items that Ratchet would need. Before going anywhere, he took a moment to look over in Mirage's direction, giving the impression of a slight smile. "Don't worry, this shouldn't take long," He offered.

Aero then turned to the surrounding area, evaluating the damage and various scattered debris. If at all possible he wanted to recycle the materials in the area to also help with clean up, but they would have to be good quality materials if they were to appropriately patch up the wounded. After making some more calculations, the tech started to gather various scraps, considering his next steps.

During the gathering, Aero Blade found himself going around one of the larger pieces of debris, then abruptly coming to a stop when confronted with the body of what appeared to be a very strangely built transformer-like mechanism. Though vaugly familiar for some reason, the tech stared at the odd mechanism that was Gnaw for a few seconds before his senses came back to him, calling out back to the others. "Uh, Ratchet..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sterling Hotel

Tap Out swayed on his feet coughing , his optics dimming he slumped then collapsed face first on the ground.
Chip1123
Protoform

Sterling Hotel, lobby

Post by Chip1123 »

Come on... Come on... I want to get back to work. I don't have forever... Turbofire thought to himself. If I don't get looked at soon, I'll just leave...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Sterling Hotel

With a pen-shaped tool in hand, Ratchet adeptly continued to work on Mirage.

With the materials he had on hand, which was plenty to get by, he was able to successfully repair the damage that Mirage had sustained. It appeared that the nanomachines that he had earlier administered were also doing they're job nicely, as diagnostics indicted that the Autobot's internal systems had been fully stabilized.

"Well, Mirage," Ratchet cheerily announced. "We're just about finished here. Just have to wait for Aero Blade with those panels."

He stopped to look around the med-bay, but was unable locate the engineer. "Could you hold on a klik."

From his peripheral vision, he noticed Turbofire, who by appearances, was losing his patience. Not at all phased by it - it came with the turf after all - Ratchet grabbed the syringe gun he used earlier on Mirage, first replacing the used CNM cartridge, then walked over to the gurney where Turbofire sat.

"So," Ratchet lifted up Turbofire's arm and placed the nozzle of the plunger against it. "What seems to be ailing you?"

Without break eye contact, he pressed the down on the trigger of the plunger, injecting the nanomachines into Turbofire's system.

----

As he examined Turbofire, Ratchet heard Aero Blade call out, his voice seemed slightly panicked.

"Aero Blade?" Ratchet answered, turning away from his patient. "Are you all right?" He then looked back to face Turbofire. "I'm so sorry. Could you hold on a moment?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"Well Doc, my memory unit..." Turbofire began, but was cut off by Aero Blade as he called out for Ratchet. "Yeah, I'll hold for a few. Used to it by now..."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, lobby

Mirage might have been happy with Ratchet's bedside manner, but he was not happy to be left with an open chestplate and an increasing feeling that he should be doing something else. Those midget machines inside him were repairing his internals and he silently wished they could finish the rest of it, too...

Across the lobby, right at the door behind Shockwave and Onslaught, Wheelie glanced back to check if he had been noticed by anyone and was surprised to see another minibot suddenly drop to the floor as if his power conduits had been severed. The crowds seemed to part round the huddled form, but no one moved to help - so, regretfully, he hurried back.

"Hey, friend! You OK?" he chirped, kneeling. "Can't lie here, anyway!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sterling Hotel

Tap Out levered himself weakily on to his front and peered up at Wheelie.

"Burning up here, oil temperature overloading....."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, lobby

"Wheelie says - you're very hot/A good sign this in NOT!"

Surely there was a thermocline problem here and that could, if left untreated, seriously, even fatally, compromise a 'bot's internals. He knew the doctor was busy and could only think of one thing to do, asking, "I could call Fortress Maximus and get you moved to Iacon for treatment?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Sterling hotel : restaurant

Perceptor sat behind the bar and looked on the expanse of exquisite silver tables that was currently protihex hospital. Most of the tables were now empty, those capable of walking had done so and the dead moved to storage. All that were left were the peaceful dreamers in stasis-lock. The silence gave a ghastly combination of the refined ornate beauty of the restaurant and the oil-stained sheets and strewn-about body parts an eerily calm tone.

He was bored, he was lonely, he felt like he had been trampled by a herd of Gridnooks... He was depressed.

Autobot, decepticon. Such terms were supposed to be obsolete here, Shockwaves' decision to lead his former troops into segregation had so easily rebuilt the wall that only a planetary invasion could destroy [cf. previous story arc]... what the transformers needed, was a constant menance to their existance as a species. The quintesson attack on cyclohex could have united them, yet without a physical enemy to attack they had turned on each other. A second attack, if properly executed, could rally everyone together, something in public..

... He sent a coded message to his two reprogrammed sharkticon lackeys in his underground laboratory in Kalis. [cf. the iacon thread]

Code: Select all

Your presence is required in protihex.
rendez-vous with the quantum displacement generator.
return to its' cachette here.
Await instructions.
Bring experiment X-N-322.
He sent a signal to his ship, and it broke free from its' hiding place in the suburbs before speeding at light-speed towards Kalis.

Kalis : Perceptors' laboratory

In the blink of an optic, the spherical ball that was perceptors' ship appeared. The two guards kicked each other in the shins and began loading.

Sterling Hotel : restaurant

Perceptor left his glass of V.T.O.L. cognac untouched and strode towards the lobby. and called out "Do we all agree that Sterling hotel should be neutral ground as medical facility ? If so, would someone aid me in displacing the more essential equipment to the northern residences."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Sterling Hotel

Aero Blade didn't give Ratchet an immediate response, not really sure what to say himself. Words would not really be needed, though, as the tech continued to stare at where Gnaw lay, which would become obvious once the doctor would arrive. Aero Blade was still trying to figure out where he had seen the similar form before, only vaugely familiar to him...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sterling Hotel

"optics itch and armatures ache...need aspirgon....."

his voice trailed off and he sank back.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sterling Hotel

Bluestreak looked over at Perceptor, then back at Fortress Maximus, who seemed impassive. With a shrug, the gunner headed toward the querying scientist.

"Since I've spent all day so far moving cargo, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that another few trips won't kill me. What do you need me to grab, and where do you need me to take it? We've got sledges, remember, if there's anything really big that needs to be dragged somewhere that's pretty far away. Not that they're mine to offer, but I don't think Fort Max will mind." He glanced back at his leader. "Or notice, for that matter. So I guess I'm yours."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Sterling Hotel

Following where Aero Blade had called out, Ratchet instantly recognized the cause of the engineer's unease - the deactivated Gnaw. Cautiously approaching the body, Ratchet produced his scanner and pointed it in the direction of the offline Sharkitcon.

“Offline. Hmm,” he said. “Well, I recognize the make. Quintesson in origin, that’s for sure. Sustained some serious internal injuries. Life sustaining fluids nearly drained, and by the looks of things, someone else attempted a repair.”

He gently passed his hand over an area that he recognized as markings made by some medical instrument. “But, abandoned their patient mid-way. I wonder who? I haven’t had much time to consult the medical facilities here since my arrival, otherwise I’d ask why. Things do look pretty grim though. Then again...”

Ratchet signaled one of the remote controlled gurneys over to him. When it reached him, the gurney lowered itself to meet at the same level as Gnaw.

“That’s never stopped me in the past…Uuggghh,” Ratchet grunted as he slid the limp Sharkticon body onto the gurney. “I’ll see what I can do.”

After sending the gurney back to the make-shift med-bay, Ratchet turned to Aero Blade. “Hopefully, whoever this is, is nothing to be alarmed about. Oh, I almost forgot,” Ratchet snapped his fingers. “Did you finish with those panels I requested?”

----

~Later~

After speaking with Aero Blade, Ratchet returned to gurney where Turbofire waited.

“Hmm. Loss of memory you say,” he said as we waved a diagnostic scanner over Turbofire's head. “Well, there’s definitely some cranial damage. Perhaps concussive, which may explain the memory loss.”

Ratchet placed down the small device on a nearby tray, his tone becoming slightly more somber. “It's repairable, but it is a very delicate procedure that requires that you be momentarily offline while I work. I must have your consent before I start.”
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, lobby

Wheelie tried to mech-handle Tap Out to his feet, but the other was of a heavier build and it proved too much of a strain. "Heavy load, Wheelie say/Help me or there you stay!"

He also signalled Fortress Maximus, hoping for a response.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Sterling Hotel

Post by Chip1123 »

"Hey Doc, you're the one in charge. I'll do what I gotta do..." Turbofire said nervously. "Just make sure I come back online or I'll haunt your office..." Turbofire joked to Ratchet .
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Sterling Hotel : Lobby

Perceptor smiled back at Bluestreak. "excellent ! excellent. I was considering the more sensitive essential installations, such as long-range transmitters and security monitoring equipment. They'll require disconnecting, so better sooner than later. What do you think ? I believe there are surplus sleds located in the parking garage."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tap Out staggered to his feet

"Giant purple flanges steel shavings for sale oh yes round corner."

His optics burned red and he swayed.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sterling Hotel, lobby

Wheelie steadied Tap Out; it was easier to support him now that he was no longer a dead weight. The doctor and his helper were nowhere in sight, which put paid to his plan to offload the ill mech as kindly as possible and bolt after Shockwave. The only thing to do was encourage Tap Out to walk with him towards the operating area at one side of the lobby.

"Wheelie say/Come this way!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]