[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Vector Sigma)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Sonic Canyons

Countdown remained slouched against his rock cover, which had served surprisingly well. He could hear the sounds of battle fading in the background, and he smiled to know they were winning in spite of the gaping wound leaking fluids in his torso. His optimism was short-lived, however, as the continued onslaught of the remaining pair of Overcharges finally toppled the tower of his command center, and he groaned.

"I'm fine, sir," he half-lied when he saw Hatemonger approaching. "Thanks for the help. It sounds like we did it somehow."

Vector Sigma

Jazz was already ducking back to drop Tunnel Rat and intercept the mine when the buzzsaw came toward his chest, bisecting his photon rifle. He was already in Porsche mode before he could care; all his thoughts were on that bomb!

Jazz burned out and charged forward with only an instant to operate. He swerved to ramp over a pile of debris from the roof and used his spoiler to glide and carefully catch the charge on his roof. He hit the ground driving, dodging spiderling remains to careen out into the tunnels beyond and bring the mine away from his teammates.

Those within could catch the flash of the blast and a cracking boom from the edge of the tunnel. Then it was quiet.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Vector Sigma

Tunnel Rat ran for the nearest entrance weaving from side to side. Spinsters shot caught him right between the shoulder blades. The impact throwing him half out of the exit. He landed draped across a pile of rubble.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Greatshot rose from beyond the outriggers of Countdown's base, peering from around the edges to see if there were any Overcharges left. There weren't.

"Hatemonger ,sir, what are your directions as to what we do now?"
------------------------------------------------------
Roughtsuff landed very unceremoniously on the cliffs opposite Snapdragon and the carcass of the Wulturf, skidding to a halt and pumping oil from the empty socket where his arm had been attached.
------------------------------------------------------

Snapdragon approached the stinking heap of the
Wulturf, flashing his claws out and making one quick slice through the beast's neck, severing his head.
"let all that stand in the way of our retaking of our homeland sufer the same fate. Now where do we go?" he asked to no one in particular.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
verytired

Sonic Canyons

Post by verytired »

(OOC: there were two Overcharge units left, but to be honest: I am trying to wrap this thread up, so...)

The two Overcharge units, armour cracked and smoking, transofmed into their fighter jet modes and took off into the air, heading at top speed for the distant horizon: despite their continued success on the assault of Countdowns base, discretion suceeded as the better part of valour...

On the Cliffs opposite final death of the Wulturf bySnapdragons hands, the hawrillak finished gobbling Roughstuffs arm down it's throat and descended on the crashed minibot...
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Blackstar smiled inwardly right as the ground approached.

Too bad I will not see see all of Cybertron won. He thought as he activated his explosives to make sure he finished the job. Oh well he thought. Better to die with honor than live a coward. Those were his last thoughts as he tore into the Cheetle he detonated his remaining explosives on impact making a rather large and impressive explosion as he hit the ground and his target. All that remained was a large burning crater filled with slagged debris that was formally Blackstar and what Blackstar hoped in his effort would be the smoking remains of the Cheetle as well.

Shatterstar looked on from a diastance holding back his disbelief that his targetmaster owner did that.

"Fool." He sighed as he quickly ran to rejoin the other transformers.

Hatemonger opened fire on the remaining two Overcharge units.

"Transformers, this battle is ours!" He yelled pausing after the din of the explosion caused by Blackstar.

"Ramjet, Greatshot, Sideswipe assist Snapdragon and destroy the Hawrillak. Autobot Headmasters, Skids, Chainclaw and Sunstreaker. Assist me and let us send the remaining Overcharges to the inferno." He said as he continued to barrage the two remaining units attacking Countdown.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Ginrai's optics were wide in horror... in a matter of seconds, it seemed, the autobots' top spec ops man was lost.. under HIS WATCH.

The massive godmaster slowly stalked toward the downed form of TunneRat, bringing up one of his rifles.

" I should finish what Spinister just started. Just because you were caught in the middle of a war doesn't give you an excuse now to kill the very people trying to save this world..."

Ginrai's voice was as cold as a cryo-stasis pod

" So help me Primus... I am going to go down that corridor... and if I find Jazz is critcally damaged, repairable or otherwise... you WILL wish Spinister would've KILLED you, instead of simply dropping you."

Turning his attention away, his optics burning an icy blue, he glared toward bludgeon and roadbuster.

"I assume the two of you will fill me in on things when I get back. And see that our ... guest... gets no chance to injure anyone else in the meantime."

and with that, the godmaster separated from his armor and trailer, and slowly made his way down the tunnel, toward the point of detonation.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Vector Sigma:

Roadbuster: -optic band simply narrowing-

Bludgeon: -flicking the excess spiderling entrails off of his katana blade- "You seem calm. One of your men may be dead."

Roadbuster: -turning towards Tunnel Rat, advancing on the insane mechanism with a steady, implacable stride- "Jazz is a Wrecker. He'll be fine. If he's not, that overpowered motorhead won't have to deal with this slug." -activating his commlink- "Jazz, this is Roadbuster. Do you read me?" -raising his linear blaster cannon, aiming it at Tunnel Rat's head-

Bludgeon: -sheathing the katana- "That's not the Autobot way."

Roadbuster: "So?"

Sonic Canyons:

Nightbeat: -looking around- "I think they're gone, Hatemonger."

Chromedome: "So how do we get down to Vector Sigma?"

Minerva: -scraping Wulfturf ichor off of her legs- "Yuck."

Wheeljack: -over commlink- "Optimus Prime's been severely injured. Any medical assistance that can be given, please send to the following coordinates." -sends coordinates to his old lab in Iacon-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Vector Sigma

The measured, hollow clack, clack of Spinister's footsteps as he approached Tunnel Rat had a certain ominous ring to them, although a casual observer wouldn't have been quite sure why. Only someone who was familiar enough with the Targetmaster to realize that his footsteps usually couldn't be heard would realize how utterly, ragingly furious he was. His optics fixed on the prisoner as he walked by, promising death as the price for the insane Transformer's latest actions.

But not just yet.

Walking right past the prisoner, he followed Ginrai out in the hall to see what remained of Jazz. Alive or dead, the Autobot had shown enough of a warrior's heart that he deserved at least that.

Sonic Canyons

"Eh?" Ramjet shambled in the direction that Hatemonger had indicated, charging his remaining functional laser as he looked around for the indicated beast.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

OOC- Assume Wheeljack's call for help was sent to all TF's in battle.

Hatemonger listened.

"Minvera, go with Greatshot if anyone else wishes to assist her go. But we do have our mission here." He said continuing his barrage on the remaining units.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Greatshot faltered a half step, sensing he was being sent on a mission that was bigger than liberating Vector Sigma.

"Minerva, let's scoot, we gotta move!"
-------------------------------------------------------

Roughstuff, however, wasn't on any mission other than trying to stay alive. "hey, anybody out there? I could use some hel- NOOOO!"
his terror echoed through the canyon as the Hawrillak's shadow blotted out the sun as it descended in front of him.
-------------------------------------------------------
Snapdragon flicked his claws and scattered blood over the carcass in front of him, raising the beasts head up when Hatemonger's transmission came across. A second later, he heard Roughstuff howl in fright. "well, let's keep on killin!"

He started forward, but was pretty banged up from all the Oversharge blasts he had sustained earlier, not to mention his collision with his fallen enemy.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sonic Canyons

Chainclaw flexed his claws and bounded towards the Hawrillak's position. Letting out a oil curdling howl
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

"Hawr-wha?" Sideswipe asked. He looked up and let out a knowing sigh. "Oh, that. Yeah no problem." Sideswipe took a running start and lept into the air, his jetpack kicking in as he flew towards the bird, weapon drawn.

Sunstreaker had a much easier time identifying his target, quickly transforming and speeding towards the Overcharges attacking Countdown. His back trunk opened up and a large four barreled missile launcher extended out.
verytired

Post by verytired »

(OOC: last post from me had the last two Overcharge Units taking to the air and leaving. so, all attacks on them? Null and Void.)

The Hawrillak, a greedy and desperate beast at the best of times, became a little focused on its target and not on its surrondings- it wrapped it's wings around the exposed cockpit of Roughstuffs jet, and extended it's head and mighty jaws to meet the Micromasters, salivating in prepration...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Sonic Canyons:

Minerva: -transforms as she lands in the driver's seat, engine revving as she slams her transector into gear, roaring forward, pulling her helmet off with one hand as she heads towards Iacon- "Scoot? Who says 'scoot' anymore?"

----------------

Nightbeat: "So.... how do we actually get down to this Vector Sigma thing?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Vector Sigma

Those entering the hall would find that, once the smoke cleared, the only things to offset the black scorch marks streaking along the walls and ceiling were a burning wheel and Jazz' disembodied left hand.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Ginrai's spark seemed to want to wink out. a hand and a tire... that was all that was left...

" after all this... You won't be able to see home taken back... "

ginrai's voice shook as he spoke... there was an unsteady warble to it

"Let your spark rest with the greatest... of cybertron..."

Ginrai bowed his head in silence... and dropped to his knees. Prime was hurt... Jazz was now dead... All these sacrifices....
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Vector Sigma:

Bludgeon: -striding quietly after Spinister, already knowing the answer, but part of him(a small part, to be sure) hoping he was wrong, scowl deepening as he stops to look-

Roadbuster: -linear blaster cannon still aimed at Tunnel Rat's head- "Well?"

Bludgeon: -staying silent-

Roadbuster: "That's that, then." -pulls trigger on his linear blaster cannon-

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Vector Sigma

Spinister stopped one pace behind Ginrai, only taking in the smoky scene of Jazz's demise for a half-second before turning on his heel and stalking back into the main chamber. A part of him wanted to protest as Roadbuster pulled the trigger, knowing that the terrorist's memory tracts might contain useful data. That cold, calculating aspect was silenced, however, by that part that was outraged by the wasteful, pointless death of an Autobot who had proved himself to be a true warrior.

He gave the Wrecker leader a curt, approving nod.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tunnel Rats hand moved close to his body as he turned to look over his shoulder as the sound of quiet footsteps approaching him.

"Yuss will be aveng..."

Tunnel Rat jerked as the shot took of the side of his head. As the life drained from his frame he shuddered. As he slumped it triggered the dead mechs switch. Tunnel Rats body blew out in a spray of shrapnel. His mining charges and magazine of missiles detonating in sympathy as the switch overloaded his main power core.

Chainclaw leapt into the air aiming to come down on the Hawrillak claws out and scything through the air.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Greatshot flew low to Minerva's position, seeking to try to be of some use through this mission.
"think you'd wanna hop in, maybe get there a half breem quicker?"
after all, speed was what mattered here, right?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Once the monster of the Hawrillak had descended on him, Roughstuff knew he would be very fortunate to see Cybertron liberated, but he tried to fight on gamely. Unfortunately for him, the Techno was upon him and the impact of Chainclaw's bulk only hindered his plans. the force of his weight suffered to drive its talons farther into his smallish fuel reserves, dousing not only his miniature frame, but also the entirety of his cockpit and a good bit of the Hawrillak as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Snapdragon looked in the direction of Nightbeat.
"Well aren't you the resident sleuth? lead on, show us the way to whodunnit-land."

Krunk rolled his eyes in Snapdragon's cockpit. Seeing his binary-bonded partner make an ass of himself was getting pretty frequent.