[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Vector Sigma)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
verytired

Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Vector Sigma)

Post by verytired »

Vector sigma, a small suburban city state with a high number of Temples to the Light God Primus.
That is prior to the Invasion: Now, most of the Protorphanages are ruined, and the homesteads levelled. Mutants roam the streets, driven from Subterrenea by the rise in technorganic populace in the tunnels.
To the North East, the Mercury River Semaht.
To the North, a sparlsely populated Quintesson garrison (compliment of 50 units), mostly a token gesture made prior to the discovery of the Super Computers existence.
To the East, a small nest of varied technorganics (7).
To the Southwest, the largest tribe of Mutants (nearly 20), Banded under the one Banner they could find: as such, they called Primus's Children.
And to the Far south... The Main Tunnel entrance to the Super Computer, Vector Sigma itself.

Below...
Hidden within Labrynthine tunnels, The Chamber within the Hidden Temple. The golden orb that is Vector Sigma, enigmatic and misunderstood. Around it, the chamber is littered with the Corpses of Overcharge units, resistance fighters, and massive damage from a titanic battle.
And directly before it, warming in its rays, is the Largest Technorganic from the Tunnels. She is Shelob: a hulking, cracked ball hefted aloft by a mass of limbs, each ending in a tool of destruction or death. She is shelob, and she came here for a reason.
She shudders, and a dark, moist metal egg hits the floor with the noise of rotten peach hitting concrete. It is ushered to one side, along with many, many others...

(OOC: VS doesn't do maps. Unless any one out there wants to give it a shot, and submits the article to a mod... :) )
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Rendezvous Point

Genome watched Eiramnna and Tunnel Rat move to lead the crew the remaining short distance to the supercomputer's chamber with satisfaction. He gave Ghyrik a passing neutral nod, and his circle of protection slowly lumbered forward to follow their pointmen on the last leg of the trek.

Showboat's Theater

Derby glanced back and forth among the arguing as tensions grew, and finally he watched Ginrai storm out with a torn expression on his face. But he stifled it quickly - better to have too many courses of action than none, he rationalized. Derby forced a smile and sheathed his blaster, deciding to lighten the mood.

"So, uh... who needs a quick tune-up before we go win the war, fellas?"

Sonic Canyons

Countdown's speedy shuttle rocketed over the Semaht as it came down within a few kilometers of the ground. The Quintesson station located along the river's west bank had been put on alert and were prepared with anti-aircraft weapons for Countdown's arrival, but their fire wasn't quick enough to keep pace. The shuttle deployed its side cannons and took a few potshots as it soared past, demolishing one of the turrets and vaporizing a Sharkticon barrack. In hardly another moment, the shuttle was reoriented and touched down in a clearing in the depths of the Sonic Canyons, just north of the main entrance to the Vector Sigma tunnel system.

"We have touchdown," Countdown yelled back into the cabin. He stood and climbed down out of the cockpit, working a control console at the base of the ladder to open the main hatch and deploy his launchpad. "Hatch is open, ramp is down. Ready to deploy at your command, Hatemonger. My command center will be equipped to keep reinforcements off your back. I think I hit that Quint garrison pretty hard."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Countdown

"Very good Countdown cover us as best as you can." Hatemonger said standing up and almost running to the ramp.

"Alliance Forces, let's go retake our home. Flyers keep the area clear. Devcon try to find the resistance forces or at least some better intel on the tunnels around here." He said waiting for the rest of his men to get to the ramp.

Showboat Theatre

Blackstar listened to Ginrai and almost laughed.

"I don't exactly care about this so called power you have as a "Godmaster"." The Decepticon starfighter said looking at the Autobot his own optics burning.

"You need all of us to retake VS and I know your an Autobot so you won't be stupid enough to blow your most scared landmark sky high. Then again I could be wrong and given your temper I may very well be." The targetmaster growled. He then continued his optics staring into Ginrai's.

"So go ahead and drive go fight use this power of yours to try to send as many Quints to the pit as you can. But considering how Cybertron still fell even with you here tells me you need all of our help one last time. If you want to go and fight then go ahead but do it with the rest of us were we might have a chance of retaking our home!" Blackstar yelled letting his own emotions follow through.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Surface

Greatshot and Roughstuff scrambled to the foot of Countdown's landing gear, then sprung to the sky, low to evade AA fire but high enough to still put some covering fire ahead of their position and enough to make sure no sharkticons in the area could flank the landing force's position.

------------------------------------------

Snapdragon stepped to the edge just behind his fellow flyers, but hesitated and looked to Hatemonger, "hey boss, you want me up or leading this shindig south to the tunnels?"
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Showboat's Theatre

"There are enough of us."

Spinister stepped from concealment directly behind Doublecross, allowing the tip of his laser rifle to brush against the back of the Monsterbot's neck as he moved.

"One Mayhem is a terrifying force to be reckoned with." Although the Targetmaster didn't serve on active duty with the Decepticons' elite commando squad anymore, he was justifiably proud of it. After all, they had been his command once, before he moved on to greater things and left the squad in Bludgeon's ultra-capable hands.

With a shrug, he added, "And your Wreckers are rather formidable as well. You should count yourself lucky to have even one. But as it happens, you have three of each."

Rendezvous Point

Ghyrik returned Genome's nod, but couldn't quite hold in a hostile growl. Thankfully, it faded into the background before anyone could hear it.

"Pick up the pace," the general barked.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Showboat's theater:

Roadbuster: -shrugs- "The odds are good that we'll catch up with him anyway."

Bludgeon: "Agreed." -head tilts slightly- "The forces deployed to this sector have arrived. Please sig-" -stops, for a moment looking stunned- "Bugly is dead."

Roadbuster: "For the sake of keeping the peace, I won't jump for joy." -looking at the assembled resistance forces- "All right, guys, you heard Derby. Anybody need repairs or ammo before we go?"

Sonic Canyons:

Nightbeat: -sticks his head out of the shuttle, wincing at the noise- "Lovely place." -walks down the ramp-

Siren: -coming down the ramp behind him- "Oh, yeah. It's homecoming time for me."

Nightbeat: "That explains a lot...."

Hosehead, Minerva, and Fixit: -come down the ramp, loaded down with medical supplies-

Chromedome and Fangry: -look out of the hatch-

Fangry: "Oh, great. Lots of wind and noise. This is gonna be so much fun...."

Chromedome: -bounds down the ramp- "You know it!"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Showboat's theatre

Cross turned to face Spinster as he menaced Double with his rifle

"carelesssss you'd need to use both your weapons to really put ussss out of comissssion , look i'm jus a line of sssssupply troop that managed to sssurvive on witsss and cunning i'm quite happy to have sssome proper warriorsss to help usss out."

Double glanced and Derby

|"who needs rearming or topping up with ammo, we've got um some more exotic kinds of weaponry sstashed here and there we could definitly give you all a bow mace or two."

Pounce jumped from the catwalk above the stage and transforming mid air landing lightly in puma mode

He glanced at Showboats remains

"quality work ."

He surveyed the gathered crowd.

"Vector Sigma all very well but why aren't we targetting something of real importance a sector command hub or a power station instead of going for a propaganda victory we've bothe survived without is since we were kicked off this rustball, i say take out there power supply and everything else falls into our paws."
verytired

Post by verytired »

Vector Sigma
Shelob wasn't as well as she had planned to be: the fight with the Fiery Red one had wounded her greatly... and the green giants that had followed had been more than a distraction.
Around her, still twitching remains of the Proto Guardians were strewn: above her, stapped to the ceiling with her Steel/Glue web, was one left alive and undamaged, except for the missing arms: food for her babies, once they hatched...

Showboats Theatre
(Haras continues to lie there, on the floor, hoping someone will notice him... anyone? :) )

Tunnels
Eiramnna looked to his compatriot as they led the small troop down the dark tunnel.
"Tunnel Rat, have you been here before? You seem familiar with the tunnels network."
He also picked up the pace, on order from his General.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tunnels

Tunnel Rat glanced around

"yup this here is mutant territory and it looks like they been round here recently."

He pointed to a smudged footptint on the oily tunnel floor at their feet
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

as ginrai roared through the lower levels of the access-pathway, his thoughts began to wander... grow muddled. the rage in blackstar's voice sickened him. what did he know of loss? truly? his homeworld was still here to be reclaimed... HIS cybertron had been destroyed by a megalomaniacal abomination that was known as galvatron... a monster fueled by rage, devoid of true logic, willing to sacrifice his entire army for his victory. and sacrifice, he had. Cybertron istelf had paid the price.

Ginrai's weaponry began to whir, bringing itself to a forward pointing position... and on his infrared, his sensors saw the sillouette of what may well be quintesson warriors.

"Company. Wonderful."

kicking his throttle into high-gear, the godmaster began to roar down the tunnel access-way, planning to blow through the group... if he could at least reach the core chamber.... but what of that techno-organic he'd been unable to finish off?
verytired

In front of Ginrai

Post by verytired »

The Tribe had gone on the move: they had been scared when the fist signs of the great space battle had shown themselves, and fearing the worst, they had run into the Tunnels that were once their home, preferring to face the unknown than the certain destruction of further war.
Jackhammer lead the 8 strong group, alongside Slayride. The pair of them, as well as Smeltdown, had found the refugees after their gang had been decimated by an unknown transformer. The three of them had found them cowering in the remains of a protorphange: they had taken them to safe ground, nurtured them. Then they started “Training,” where who ever couldn’t prove to be even half worthy of staying in the gang had been killed and recycled.
Smeltdown called in from behind: he and the others were in Garbage, the only one of them who could transform, and who was transporting the least able of the group.
Jackhammer, Wreckage says he can ‘Read’ an approaching transformer: some one powerful.”
“Understood.”
Jackhammer turned to the rest of the group and ordered them to fan out, some staying with him and slay ride, the others flanking into the shadows of the tunnel: Garbage was some distance behind, so reinforcements were a way off. They prepared to meet the oncoming storm, unaware of just whom they would face.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Sonic Canyons

Skids, loaded with datapads, exited Countdown and moved to Hatemonger's side. He approved the deployment of the flyers, and looked towards the Decepticon General.

" Sir, Siren will probably be our best scout for the ground forces. I suggest he take the lead to guide us to the best entrance to the inner tunnels - from a mine entrance, for example -. Then ", he looked at Snapdragon " the more suited close combat warriors could take the lead. "
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sonic Canyons

Chainclaw once more back in his shell padded out of Countdown and surveyed the territory h emoved up behind Hosehead growling softly.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

"Say when and point the way" Snapdragon proclaimed, Energon filling his system in a manner that tingled, yet brought all his nerves to a point of concentration.

Finally! I've been waiting for this!

--------------------------------------------------------

Greatshot continued to arc around the landing zone, extending his circles ever so slightly and continuing to scan the surrounding countryside. Nothing was to be seen, yet......
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger transformed into his tank mode and roared along.

"No I take point." He said wanting to cover his men.

"Snapdragon, and Fangry, beside me. Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Nightbeat, Hosehead and Skids watch the sides. Siren and Devcon keep an optic out for anything that maybe helpful too us. Roughstuff, Greatshot, Ramjet and Thrust, keep us covered from the skies." Hatemonger said rolling slowly his systems scanning for anything that was not transformer.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Showboat's Theatre

Although he knew better than to say anything, Spinister couldn't help but share Roadbuster's sentiment. Bugly had always been more trouble than he had been worth, and he for one wouldn't shed a tear at the mystic's demise.

"If I wanted to put you out of commission," he told Doublecross flatly, "I would have shot you in both heads before you knew I was here."

Paying the supply officer no more mind, he took a few steps into the room before catching sight of Haras. He resisted the urge to shoot the Quintesson soldier on sight, instead asking, "Shall I assume you have a good reason for keeping one of the enemy in good eavesdropping range?"

Tunnels

Ghyrik began to grow impatient. He very much wanted their journey to be over so that he could attend to the business that had brought him here.

At that thought, his eyes tracked over to watch Genome's progress. For a millisecond, unveiled malice gleamed in his eyes.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Tunnels

Genome and his entourage trudged along steadily, the scientist regularly checking his electromap and largely oblivious to the machinations going on about him. He was solely focused on the task he needed to soon undertake.

Showboat's Theater

Jazz stepped to the front of the stage and hopped off into the aisles.

"If the Quints can do with Sigma what we can," he answered Pounce, "then we gotta get 'er back."

Derby's optics turned toward Spinister somewhat timidly. He was used to the dark and brooding sort by now, but this guy just plain creeped him out.

"He's a prisoner," Derby replied. "We picked him up after the battle at Vector Sigma and brought him back here for repairs."

Derby walked over to Haras and kneeled, doing the best he could to check the Quintesson's unfamiliar vitals and see about reviving him. He really wanted to figure out what had happened to him before they went off to save the world...
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Sonic Canyons

Skids frowned when Hatemonger rejected his tactical suggestion, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he occupied his position on the General's right flank.

Then Skids started to distract himself, once again.

" I don't agree with his tactical deployment, but he's the General. Maybe my suggestion wasn't a good one; let's check my files...

Accesing Tactical File TG1 S2: Squads Tactics: The Squad Column or File.

The column is the basic movement formation for military units.

The column or file involves getting all personnel in a formation in the situation of following behind the man ahead of him in the formation.

This is accomplished very simply by giving the command "Right Face" while the squad is in the facing-to-the-front squad rank formation.

All facing commands are two-part commands. That is, there is a preparatory command alerting the formation, to which direction it will be turning, then a command of execution telling the formation to execute the command.

For the movement Right Face, the preparatory command is "Right....", followed by the execution command "Face."

Upon hearing the preparatory command "Right....", the soldier prepares to pivot on his right heel and left toes by slightly lifting his right toes and left heel.

At the execution command "Face", the soldier swivels on his right heel and left toes, through a 90-degree (right) angle to his right. Immediately upon achieving this quarter-circle movement, the soldier brings his left heel up level with and in contact with his right heel in a smart that is smart, movement.

The former rank, with all soldiers facing to the front, has been converted into a column or file, with all soldiers in line behind their formation precedents. The column or columns may now be given the "Forward March" command, putting the formation into motion.

"

Skids shaked his head.

" Naaa, wrong file " he muttered, loading a new tactic file.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Showboat's Theatre

Repairing one's enemies seemed counterintuitive, but Spinister decided to assume that the Resistance knew what it was doing. Although, naturally, he was more than prepared to kill the Quintesson prisoner if the need arose.

"I suggest you secure him," the Targetmaster told Derby.

Striding away, he addressed Pounce. "The Autobot is right. If the Quintessons learn how to access the more...exotic functions of Vector Sigma, they could create an army of troops more than capable of destroying us."

Spinister didn't add that the new troops would most likely turn on their masters afterwords. Poetic justice though it would be, he and the rest of the Transformers would have been far too dead to appreciate it.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger rolled carefully his systems scanning for anything that could be an enemy.

"Siren and Devcon, take the lead and see if you can spot anything. Fangry, Snapdragon and myself will cover you. Everyone else stay behind us and be ready watch the flanks and the rear." Hatemonger said in his com to each of the warriors com-links.