[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Kalis)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Council Ruins

Post by Aero Blade »

From his safe distance, Aero Blade watched Steelskin's reactions through his visor, waiting for the right time to spring into action. When that was presented, thanks to Buzzsaw, Aero Blade openned fire on the knockoff, laying into him with both weapons, attempting to do as much damage as he could in the short amount of time. It wasn't going to be long before that smokescreen faild and the both of them would be visible again...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Council Ruins

Smokescreen pushed himself up off of Barbie's ruined corpse, dusted himself off and headed back toward the main section of ruins. He walked, rather than drove, for the simple reason that he wasn't sure whether parts of him would fall off during transformation.

Buzzsaw circled overhead the the buzzard he was, ready and able to strike out if any of the knockoffs seemed especially likely to kill one of his teammates.

(OOC: vt, how many of the KOs are still active? :))
verytired

Post by verytired »

(OOC see RPG/GD Here to answer this...)
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Incoming transmission

" To all Autobots, here Prowl. Once your battlezones had been secured, regroup in Iacon. I repeat, regroup in Icaon. "
verytired

Post by verytired »

Council Ruins
Steelskin was lifted up slightly and thrown backwards with amazing speed as Aeroblades weapon blasts churned into his chest: he came to a stop as he slammed into a distant remanant of wall, and began laughing again: a mechanical, repeated laugh, something the thing had recorded some time previously, with the phrase "Heroic Nonsense" cut into it at almost random points.
The lasers chewed into his armour, making slow progress, but kept the KO pinned: he raised a weary arm, and fired his Variable Liquid gun in the general direction of his attacker in a widespray...

In the Air:
Cosmos's scans of the skirmish below yielded something, and he reported swiftly to the acting commander:
"Smokescreen, Ratchet is down: heavily wounded by one of those things from what I can see, I think he needs help..."
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Council ruins

Perceptor somersaulted back into robot mode as Mug lept, wincing at his wound as he landed in a low defensive stance. During his stay on earth, he had discovered that humans had developped a slow fighting style similar to his own.

They had called it Aikido.

He twisted out of the way of Mugs' lunge, and attemped to turn his opponants' momentum into a body throw.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade had kept a safe distance from Steelskin, so he needed to do little more than move backwards a short distance to avoid the spray without stopping firing. It did slow his firing for a couple of moments as he reached the safer possition, having to be careful with his footing.

There was soon another concern for him, though, as the smokescreen was beginning to lesson, and would soon fade all together. The tech could whip up another one, but the trick usually didn't more than once. If he didn't figure out something else, he might soon be in serious trouble. He doubted his fighting partner was going to be too pleasant with him once his vision was restored...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Council Ruins

Smokescreen sighed, but he made sure no one was around to see or hear it. Then he activated his comlink. "Acknowledged, Cosmos, but we're fresh out of doctors and transports right now. I'll see what I can do."

He switched channels. "Perceptor, you're the closest thing to a medic we've got right now. As soon as you can get free, head to Ratchet's location and make sure he doesn't die."

The strategist switched channels again. "Prowl, this is Smokescreen. I copy, but our transport is gone, we've got several Autobots in need of medical attention, and Ratchet is down. We won't be able to make it to Iacon without pickup."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Incoming transmission

" Roger, Smokescreen " the strategist radioed, " wait for pick up. Prowl over. "

---

Near the garrison

" Sizzle was a comrade! " Override roared in reply, while a pair of Hopper's shots exploded in his chest.

With his body armor totally ruined, the triggerbot was propulsed backwards by the force of the knock-offs attack, finally slamming into a ruined wall.

" Nnngh " Override growled, rising his left hand and firing a shot towards Hopper.

Nearby, Dogfight left his strafe run and turned back, flying towards another firefight near thr garrison...
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Highway

Dirge had been sitting in the same spot for a while now in his hazy state, contemplating laying down. It would be less effort than sitting up, but he was concerned about what might happen if he fell asleep.

As Prowl's transmittion came through, Dirge lifted his head, but he barely understood what it was, let alone who was speaking or what was being said. Dazed and confused, Dirge managed to look towards Bluestreak. "What was that...?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

In Limbo

<STASIS CHECK: SETTING @ 0.5 BREEM INTERVALS>
- <UNIT IN TEMPORARY STASIS LOCK>
- <INTERNAL REPAIR SEQUENCE STILL ENABLED: SIXTY EIGHT PERCENT COMPLETE>
- <PRIMARY FUEL LINES STABILIZED: CONDITION NO LONGER CRITICAL>
- <SECONDARY RESERVES COMPENSATING; CHARGING PRIMARY SYSTEMS>

....AT SIXTY NINE PERCENT

"It's so...dark...Damn autonomic functions. Must of put me in stasis lock."

"Ummm, systems? Override stasis lock sequence, please."

DENIED. UNIT STILL IN INTERMEDIATE DANGER. UNIT ADVISED TO NOT INTERRUPT INTERNAL REPAIR SEQUENCE UNTIL COMPLETE. FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN DAMAGE TO SPARK

"Don't argue with me, I'm a doctor and I know what my systems are capable of. Override autonomic stasis lock sequences now. This infraspace business gives me the creeps, anyway."

SYSTEMS ARE AT SEVENTY PERCENT. UNIT ADVISED TO...

"I know, I know. Internal repair can finish its job while I am on line. Diagnostics indicate the critical trauma has been stabilized, anyway. I'll be sure to give myself a boost of nanomachines once I am up, okay? Now, shut it...Override. "

SEQUENCE OVERRIDDEN....PRIMARY FUNCTIONS ONLINE IN 4, 3, 2......"

---

Council Ruins

Ratchet's battered, and seemingly lifeless, frame rested peacefully upon the grounds of the charred ruins that he had collapsed upon, moments after his scuff with Wrench. He lay motionless and, miraculously, unmoved by the battle not too terribly far off.

A flint of life began to stir within his chassis, and suddenly the fingers on one of his hands began to twitch. Slowly, his hand stretched outward, and grasped on to a handful of ash, crushing it as he clinched down.

"See," he muttered to his back-talking systems. "...I'm perfectly operational."
verytired

Post by verytired »

Council Ruins
From the acrid blinding cloud, Steelskins Laughter Dance track was joined by it's owners own original, highly disturbing giggling. Aeroblades small break in the assault was enought for Steelskin to get some leverage: he pushed himself up, feet tearing great chunks of the ground up with the force he was having to exert to do so: he dropped his spent Variable liquids gun, and with arms crossed infront of him, pushed slowly forward through the barrage of lazer fire, through the lessening smoke, and toward the fixation of his tiny, t-rex like mind...

Meanwhile, Mug was going to show this Scientist Punk what agility was about: curving in and back at Perceptor, he clampedboth hands on one of his throwin' arms, and let the momentum of the Scientists throw pull the pair of them down into the ground...

Garrison
Overrides first shot sailed over Hoppers head: just as the sadist was about to let out a gutful of laughter, the second caught him on the side of his head, sending him spinning and stopping his attack momentarily-

Hiding on the outskirts
Padlock watched as the battle died down. His suspiscions had been correct.
"Grudge," he spoke softly into his radio, "We're bolting. The odds aren't even even, and you know we don't roll like that. Lets book."
Padlock lead his two comrades (all three in robot form) away into the darkness: a short distance away, Grudge turned from his mecha-giraffe form to robot as well, and rushed to join them.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Council ruins

WhoaA !

Perceptor sprawled to the floor. In an instant Mug was on top of him, and quick punch to to the head sent his optics spinning, followed by another, and another, and another...

Unable to regain *THWACK* his bearings he reached up blindly, looking *THWACK* for a handhold, and felt what *THWACK* felt like Kups' collarplate. He pulled and aimed his shoulder canon just above his own *THWACK* hand...

edit : too many thwacks :glance:
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Council Ruins

Once Ratchet pulled himself up to his feet, he quickly examined the extent of the outward damage that he had suffered.

“Well,” he shook his head, taking special note of the gaping hole at his side, “I’ve certainly seen better days, to be sure.I had better take care of a few things while I have the moment.”

With that thought, he moved over to a large piece of wreckage, which came up just above his waist in height; it would serve as quick station.

Retrieving one of his kits from its subspaced cache, Ratchet placed it on top of wreckage and opened it. From it, he produced the same syringe-gun and vials of cybernetic nanomachines that he used a while ago on Cosmos, and a few small sheets of metallic panels, intended for his exposed wounds.

---

Mere moments later

Once he had finished soldering the panels over his wounds, and giving himself a healthy dose of nanomachines (via the syringe-gun) to assist in his recovery, Ratchet placed his tools back into its designated subspaced compartment.

Sigh, that should do it!” he said satisfyingly to himself while he stretched his joints, “Servos are still a bit off from that collision, but that’ll have to wait. I’ve been out far too long.”

Ratchet then taped his left audio receptor and readied himself to send out a transmission - naturally on an encrypted frequency - to the entire party.

“Ratchet here. I, uh, had some...complications. My condition is stabilized, for the most part – can’t say the same about my assailant. I am now proceeding towards the Highway to assist Dirge and Bluestreak. Umm, hate to ask, but…if it’s available, cover would be appreciated. Ratchet out.”

Once he ended his transmission, Ratchet immediately reverted to his rescue-type, all-terrain vehicular mode, leaving hardly a moment for anyone to respond to his transmission. His engines roared to life, and with spray of dust, Ratchet sped off towards highway – back to where Omega Supreme had initially dispatched him.
Aero Blade

Council Ruins

Post by Aero Blade »

With Steelskin moving in in towards Aero Blade and his advantage fading away into thin air, the tech began to back up reflexively while he still fired away, trying to keep some distance.

At least, that was what he had wanted to do - after a few short steps he found his back meeting with a large piece of rubble, stopping his progress. The startling realization of what had happened caused Aero to pause momentarily in firing as he looked around, finding more rubble a short distance away on either side of him, with Steelskin closing the gap in front.

Oh great, now I'm in for it...
verytired

Post by verytired »

Council Ruins
Steelskin, his face covered in oil from the exertion of moving through Aeroblades assault, almost paused in shock when it abated.
Being made of diffeerent tech, Steelskin had hardly any of the gadgets that his moldssake Ironhide had: Landquake was dedicated though, and in addition to his Variable Liquids Gun, he had given Steelskin a few other things. Now, Steelskins hands pulsed with energy, a mockery of the Red Southern Autobots Wrist Lasers. He charged Aeroblade, laughter track still playing and still accompanied by his own manic giggling.
He closed the distance, and was on the tech with arms swinging, the hands lighting the darkended battle skies like lamps...

some way away
Mug felt himself tugged down and strained his head to the right: Perceptors shot sliced though his jaw line, and showered the pair of them in oil.
Mug grabbed the barrel of the shoulder cannon in his left hand, trying to force it up, whilst trying to push his right elbow into the scientists throat.
Coughing and spluttering, Mug leered down at the scientist.
"Rogue Scum!" He spat in Perceptors face.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Council ruins

Perceptor gritted his teeth, getting a bitter mouthfull of oil for his trouble, as he strained to push Mugs' arm back. For an instant, the two remained locked in their struggle, oddly motionless.

He could feel the supports of his shoulder canon begin to give way.

"You.. conduced your protegés' fatality .. Who will... suffer your senile gibbering forthwith ?.. Ergo.. you are all alone... Again."

(ooc : oh yea, what colour is mug ?)
Aero Blade

Council Ruins

Post by Aero Blade »

The anerving laughter track was just as rattling as before, and with Aero off balance still from having realized where he'd put himself, he was not able to react in time as the hand came swinging at him. He tried to avoid, but Steelskin connected anyways, knocking Aero backwards and causing his head to connect hard with the rubble behind him before falling forward, sprawled face down on the ground.

From his hiding place that he had taken to during the smokescreen launch earlier, Stratus watched the events unfold, but the little minicon didn't make any moves to go assist or attempt to protect him. He just watched silently, as though waiting for something to happen.
verytired

Council Ruins

Post by verytired »

Mug leaned in closer to Perceptors face, and hissed the following at him through gritted teeth.
"I, hated, the little, creep," His eyes gleamed as he pushed harder on Perceptors throat and shoulder cannon, straining against the Scientists strength, "Where are, your, friends, now?"

Some distance away
Steelskin watched as Aeroblade fell gracelessly to the floor, smacking in the chewed up metl of what was once a state floor with a resounding Clunk.
The laughter track ended suddenly, and Steelskin stayed as he was, admiring the sight of a fallen enemy. Illuminated from his still glowing hands, he moved slowly, towards the fallen tech, fingers flexing with anticipation.
Standing before the fallen Autobot, Steelskins eyes were wide and his mouth open. With an inward take of breath, he sharply raised his foot high, to bring it down on Aero's head-
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Council ruins

"Ack !.. How.. irksome." part reply, part observation of his predicament.

He let go of the hand that was pushing his shoulder canon, and he heard it snap as he jabbed his fingers through a stress fracture in Mugs' right shoulder, seeking out the circuit cluster.