[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Polyhex)

Post by Reflector »

As the battle in space rages oblivious to the eyes on the ground, things in Polyhex have recently been peaceful since marshall law under the command of governor Legatus has sent the resistance back into hiding.

Castle Darkmount

At his office in what had once been Megatron's throne room, Legatus continued to study paperwork: field reports, budget analyses, the occasional incident blotter. Nothing too demanding. His guards left him alone, standing vigilantly outside his chamber while the Guardians stalked about the courtyard and beyond the castle walls constantly searching for any sign of Transformer activity...
Attachments
polyhex.gif
polyhex.gif (17.18 KiB) Viewed 5860 times
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Scorponok: Brig

Gigatron paused to give Bulletbike a peculiar glance, unsure if he was making the right decision. But he hadn't time to consider - Scorponok was surely in the upper atmosphere by now. Without another word to his freed prisoners, Gigatron turned, transformed into car mode, and raced back to the launch bay.

"Scorponok," he radioed as he drove, "what is our ETA?"

"One breem to the first drop point," Scorponok answered gruffly. "Hatch will be open in half that time."

Gigatron was satisfied with that. He'd be there in time. He switched his frequency to answer Skystalker.

"Stay with Overlord, Skystalker. He will need backup."

In hardly a moment, Gigatron found himself back at the launch bay, and he transformed again to robot mode to address the troops while the ramp lowered behind him, revealing the Polyhex skyline soaring beneath.

"Drop team, you have your orders. Cyclonus, Octane has not returned, but your mission is the same. Cryotek, Prowl, Quake, Rosdos, Airwave, and--" he pointed at Nautilus, "--you, we deploy now. The rest of you will drop when Scorponok reaches your destination. I will be in contact. Good luck, and for the glory of Cybertron, fight with all your valor!"

Scorponok slowed over the target - a Sharkticon facility amid the city's industrial suburbs - and hovered, his cannons trading shots with the Quintesson anti-aircraft turrets. Gigatron dove into the dark sky and transformed to his jet mode, quickly descending on the complex and taking a first strafing run on the deploying Sharkticons.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek smiled ran and jumped out of the ship.

"Well no better way of messing with our enemies than by putting the fear of me into them!" He yelled transforming into dragon mode and letting out a horrible scream as he opened fire with his ice beams following behind Gigatron.
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

outer darkmount - jail

A Quintesson guard moved his fingers over the padlock of a rusty cell. The door slid open.
“execution time has come Loadrun” exclaimed the guard.
A figure emerged from the cramped cell. “nice you still know my name after all this time you left me here to wither” the decepticon spat back. ”so my time has finally come?” he muttered still eyeing the guards, looking for any way of escape. There was none. not now at least....
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

Rosdos walked down from the ramp then he saw the two Decepticons started attacking the enemies. "Oh I won't let them take all the deeds." He said then tranformed into vehicle mode and start heating up his artrillery guns.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Sorponok Launch Bay
Nautilus was still looking at Gigatron with abject terror. He felt uncomfortable with his unfamiliar weaponry: he had armed himself with Two small machine guns, and assault rifle and four frag grenades he had found in the war closet called Halo 2 ripoff-Human.
Airwave came up behind him, and noticing the large drop and the lack of propulsion on the fella: he transformed into his Jet mode, mass shifting as he did, and nudged Nautilus.
''Need a lift?''
Nautilus stared for just a momentm before getting on Airwaves back. Airwave grunted:
''Heavy. You keep them off my back and we'll be fine, ok?''
With that, the pair followed Gigatron out into the open sky...

Guzzle watched the fliers as they left, and nudged Camshaft: ''When are we gonna get in to the action then?''
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Bunker

Squawktalk tuned the receiver part of the communications equipment

"i'm picking up increased levels of traffic on Transformer frequencies, somethings happening out there and its big i mean real big huge .Let me try something as i thought theres no traffic on any of the traditional Quint space fleet frequencies, no stores indents, gossip , reports nothing either they're on a manoeuvre or......"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Bunker

Roadblock nodded to Squaktalk's report.

"Excellent work, try to get a feed and broadcast it here if you can."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bunker

Squawktalk fiddled with the controls

"i'm geting a carrier wave i've tuned it into a Decepticon operational frequency, do you want me to attempt a transmission."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: Gonna assume everybody in Gigs' crew is out.)

The Grease Pits

The shots echoing on the armored roof of the factory shook the plant manager, an old Gatekeeper and Lieutenant named Challus. He responded with casual and efficient grace, having patiently gone over the scenario he'd waited for time and time again in his head through the mundane activities of overseeing his facility.

"Stop the lines!" Challus cried as he ran out from his office to the catwalk overlooking the cavernous troop factory. "Stop the lines, I say! We are under attack! Shut down the fuel supply! All security troops, mobilize and defend the factory!"

Nearly a hundred workers, Allicons and sentries, responded with slow panicked confusion, scattering to find weapons and filing out the factory's enormous doors to repel the Transformer raiders. On the elevated manufacturing lines above the floor, dozens of Sharkticons, Overcharges, Allicons, and Gatekeepers came to life, some only half-completed in their construction, and stumbled about getting accustomed to the bright new world around them and trying to figure a way off their lines to fill the orders they didn't quite understand.

Gigatron rocketed for another strafe over the industrial rooftops of the Grease Pits' main factory, focusing his lasers on the anti-aircraft weapons that were scattered about the urban landscape. The first few valiant warriors to emerge from the factory attempted to fire on him as well, and he answered with a missile that vaporized a half dozen Sharkticons on impact.

"Destroy the factory!" Gigatron cried. "Cyclonus, lead Brainstorm and Sixshot to the energon facility and begin your phase of the mission. Remain in contact."

Scorponok: Launch Bay

While the fighting had begun at the Grease Pits, Scorponok had lumbered off through the dark sky toward the Town Square at the center of Polyhex, his shields shrugging off the ground turrets' feeble attempts to bring the city down.

In the launch bay, the city commander joined the remaining troops with his ever-present scowl addressing them. Scorponok watched the city pass beneath them and stop while, in the bridge, Fast-Track directed the ship to stop.

"This is our destination," Scorponok growled with less gusto than Gigatron bothered with. "Guzzle, Camshaft, Bulletbike, Staxx, Krok, we are to destroy that facility," he intoned, pointing with a claw at a Sharkticon barracks dominating the square and already disgorging a line of Sharkticons at having been warned of the ship's arrival.

There was no offer of answering questions, no further discussion. Scorponok simply walked to the edge of the ramp and jumped, landing with a crushing thud that shattered the metal pavement (and the few unfortunate Sharkticons beneath him) and immediately tearing through the surrounding legions with his claws.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

"Just a few second more....Finally!" Rosdos finished heated up his guns then he started the bombardment focusing his firepower on the turrets and and bunkers to clear path for Cyclonus's team.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Roadblock simply nodded to the Decepticon communicator.
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

scorponok launch bay

Bulletbike and Staxx dived forward. Bulletbike drew his 2 blasterguns and started shooting the moment one foot was over the ledge. He didn’t really aim or at least not visibly. But he managed to hit a turret and a few guards further down on the ground. Staxx transformed and thundered of the ledge shouting “Mwoooaaarrrghhhh!”.

Krok looked at Staxx and bulletbike plummeting down, then to Camshaft and guzzle and then back again to the decepticons on the ground. Staxx had just crushed a sharkticon while bulletbike was speeding after scorponok and blasting sharkticons all around. Then Krok looked back to Camshaft and guzzle. “sigh… anyone wants to go first?”
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Bunker

Squawktalk pressed transmit.

"hello unknown Decepticon forces this is the local decepticon resistance cell over , are you receiving me over , who do i have the pleasure of communicating with. We may be able to fill you in on tactical details of the current situation over ."
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

outer darkmount

Loadrun was pushed before a path ending in a small ledge over smelting pool. the pool was a smaller one then the ones in the center of darkmount "but would surely prove to be as effective as those", Loadrun tought with a grim smile.
a sharkticon pushed him further down the ledge...

(if anyone wants to rescue this guy make your move)
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: I'll put in a fuller post tomorrow.)

Gigatron took a moment to swoop up after he'd demolished another AA turret to get away from the cacophony of battle and better hear the fuzzy transmission he was unexpectedly receiving. He played back the message twice to make sure it wasn't a Quintesson hoax. It seemed legitimate.

"Decepticon rebel," he answered Squawktalk in his most commanding voice, "identify yourself. This is Gigatron, Decepticon Commander. Report all relevant tactical information at once."

Darkmount

Legatus sat in the throne that had traditionally belonged to judges, tapping his fingers on the newly-constructed armrest and gazing about anxiously. He didn't much care for the drama of justice, but the prisoners needed to be disposed of somehow, especially after the trouble they'd caused when the Imperial Magistrate was killed.

"My liege," his assistant muttered into his ear, startling Legatus. "We have a problem."

Legatus took a moment to listen to the report of the war going on on the city's outskirts, his expression not changing much. He wasn't terribly surprised or bothered. It was nice to have a distraction from the humdrum that governorship of a military state had become, though.

"All Quintesson forces!" Legatus cried with booming grandeur, standing at the pinnacle of the arena surrounding the Smelting Pools. "Transformer raiders have invaded Polyhex! The castle must be defended against their onslaught! All troops, proceed to defensive stations at once!"

The arena lit with a hum while the many Sharkticons and Allicons about scattered to make their way to sniping holes in the castle's outer walls. Even the Bailiff who had been prodding Loadrun ran off, leaving the Decepticon prisoner standing unguarded at the edge of fate...
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Tunnels

Roadblock listened in as Squaktalk finally got in touch with the Transformer forces.

He then spoke up for the Decepticon communicator.

"Gigatron, this is Roadblock commander of the Polyhex resistance cell. I am joined by a number of fellow Decepticons and another fighter named Breaker. Respond." He said waiting for a reply.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Squawktalk hopped excitedly from foot to foot

"Communications tech Squawktalk reporting for duty, ready willing and able, just say the word Sir , transmitting all the information we have available on the leader of Quintesson forces in this area Sir one Legatus. I'm also transmitting information we have gathered on other prominent Quintessons. Also an update on their latest tech as far as we've been able to find out , its incomplete but may be useful it includes detailed studies of Sharkticon, Alllicon and Gatekeepers and there weak spots."

Squawktalk plugged a wire from his chest to the console and sent the files zipping through the ether.

He turned to his comrades

"any one else got any files they think might be useful."
verytired

Post by verytired »

The skies above Polyhex...
I miss my base! Airwave thought desperately as he banked away from Gigatrons lead: he descended sharply, till he was running a strafing run along one of the city streets: he and Nautilus, still astride him, fired there guns maniacally at the ground level troops and drones, cutting them down like wheat before rising into the sky again.
Nautilus pointed back at the ramp:
"Drop me next to that guy!!" he bellowed, pointing wildly at Rosdos.
"Roger That!" Airwave screamed in return, and made as sharp a turn as he could...

Sharkticon barracks Destruction
Guzzle grinned, and transformed into his still arctic white tank mode:
"Follow me boys!" he said, indicating Krok and camshaft: he roared down the launch bay, firing salvos or shell fire at the surronding enemy troops, still in dissarray.
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

Krok watched guzzle dive into the fray. "Well, I'm not going to be the last one up here" he jumped of the ledge and while dropping spotted Loadrun on the ledge above the smeltpool.

while falling Krok started his internal gyro's untill they almost overloaded to produce a kick. As soon as he hit the ground there was a small concussion blast knocking 2 of the smaller groundturrets aside.

"ok" he smiled "I didn't think it would work,but it seems my kicking also works when dropping" but shouldn't try this to many times he tought, he felt his head spinning...
with that he kicked one of the remains of the turret up in the air, in the direction of 2 sharkticons scrambling towards him.