[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

The Military Patrol team nodded to Roadblock, following after him for their next duty.

Even after Breaker now being gone, Bombshock however didn't look to have settled down much, if at all. He was still just as agitated and unsettled as before.

"We had the chance to nail that murderer and he was let go. When the next time comes, he will not be so kind to us. We should have dealt with him right then and there..."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Over commlink:

Bludgeon: "Gigatron, this is Bludgeon. We have secured Vector Sigma."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Smelting Pools

Prowl agreed with Fortress orders. Opening an Autobot frequency, the startegist send a message to all the Autobots.

" To all Autobots, here Prowl. Once your battlezones had been secured, regroup in Iacon. I repeat, regroup in Icaon. "

Prowl turned to Guzzle and Rosdos.

" Come on, we're going to Iacon to regroup with the rest of the Autobot armies " the strategist said, stepping towards Scorponock.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Guzzle turned from Stranglehold and Quake eagerly, stepping in line with Prowl:
"Prowl," he asked slowly, "Do we have any... confirmation of Transformers lost in this assault?"
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Darkmount: Throne Room

Gigatron's fury with the Warworld situation was still evident in his voice when he answered Bludgeon's call. Though he was pleased with the news, his frustration mounted further at the thought that he couldn't keep the Mayhems there to secure the Autobots' sacred supercomputer; he needed all Decepticons regrouped and ready to defend the capital as soon as possible in case the Imperials cracked Soundwave's codes and turned the Warworld against Cybertron.

"Return to Polyhex and see to your repairs at once," he snapped, shutting off the channel hardly after he'd finished speaking.

Darkmount: The Smelting Pools

Scorponok regarded Nautilus suspiciously.

"A true Decepticon would have accepted his fate," he grumbled. "But in light of your valiance today, your execution can be delayed. Give me a copy of your datatags. You're on probation."

Scorponok held out a patient claw toward Nautilus while he glanced over his shoulder at Prowl and the other Autobots approaching him. If the Autobot had something to say, he could say it first.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Prowl, this is Smokescreen. I copy, but our transport is gone, we've got several Autobots in need of medical attention, and Ratchet is down. We won't be able to make it to Iacon without pickup."

Landing Strip, Darmount

Astrotrain dropped down on a steep approach vector, transforming to bullet train mode a few seconds before he made contact with the ground. As he charged along toward the gates, his rear hatch dropped open to let Ravage exit.

As he approached the gates, the admiral transformed to robot mode, pushed aside the door and headed for the nearest turbolift.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Smelting Pools

" We don't know yet, Guzzle " Prowl lied, continuing walking towards Scorponock.

Prowl replied to Smokescreen before reaching Scorponock.
" Roger, Smokescreen " the strategist radioed, " wait for pick up. Prowl over. "

When he arrived at Scorponock's side, Prowl rised his head to look at the huge decepticon's optics.

" We are departing, City Commander " the strategist informed.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Nautilus's Decepticon badge slid out and open slightly, and a datatag copy slid gently from the top. Nautilus handed this to Scorponok carefully: his hand looked very, very small and chrushable the closer it was to his commanders pincer.
"Thank you sir," he said simply and blankly. He looked to Prowl as he apprached, and after he made his announcement, he smiled slightly.
"Aw, too bad: and here I was thinking we could have been buddies," he said in heavy sarcastic tones, "You suuuuure you can't stay?"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Roadblock rolled along outside the castle.

"Been some time since I've been here, does anyone know what the castle had for security systems?" He asked his companions.

Cryotek flew towards the castle with his group in tow and fired an ice beam at the door.

"Vindicator, blow that down down." He yelled to his fellow Decepticon.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Throne Room, Darkmount

Simply making his way to the throne room had been something of an adventure; Astrotrain had collected even more battle scars slaughtering a band of intransigent Quintesson survivors than he had in the battle for the Warworld. In retrospect, though, he decided that was a good thing; the more battle damage he had, the more likely it was that Gigatron would believe he had fought his hardest to keep the Warworld.

He didn't bother to knock; the throne room entrance that he'd found his way to only had half of a door hanging loosely from one badly damaged hinge. He just ducked underneath it, strode toward Gigatron's desk, and saluted with all the crisp military precision he could muster.

"Reporting as ordered, sir."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Beastbox knuckled after Roadblock and Squawktalk flapped after him.
Squawktalk was still uncharacteristically quiet. Fretting as he was about Soundwave and his return to being subspaced at will and treated as a pet.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Vindicator heard Cryotek's order . He stoped moving and brought and his twinlinked lasercannons up. With a loud bang the cannons blew the door open.

"Cryotek,Loadrun, Krok The doors are open lets clear this place out."

With that Vindicator put his cannons back into stand by and brought his chain gun up and prepared to move in.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Smelting Pool----------

Rosdos smiled behind his mouthplate after what Nautilus said before aboard Scorponk. Feeling really tired and sleepy he then looked at a sign that lead him to the recharge chamber and follow the signs "This way I hope.".
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Scorponok glared down at Nautilus with a contempt only half as strong as it looked. He wanted to present himself as scorning the sarcasm, but he actually appreciated it. His scowl turned to Prowl in turn.

"And?" he snapped. Scorponok wasn't much of a politician now that his Nebulan was dead. After a moment, he decided he should retain diplomacy until instructed otherwise. "I'll make sure you have safe passage out of the city. Go north from the castle through Helix, the town square, and the commercial sector. At the northern wall you'll find the toll gate. Feel free to destroy it if you need to get through. We'll be rebuilding it anyway... If you come across any Quintessons in the city, call Airwave for aerial support."

Scorponok buzzed a message to Airwave to instruct him to watch the Autobots on their passage.

Astrotrain would find the door not the only damaged property. In venting his frustration during his lone time, Gigatron had torn Legatus' desk from its bolts and hurled it into the wall. The room's armored walls were undamaged, but the desk was a shattered wreck on the floor. He was feeling much better, in any case.

Gigatron sat in Legatus' tiny bureaucratic throne, staring across the balcony at the dark clear sky over Kaon. He'd need to send a company to secure it. He'd need to send many companies... This distraction cost him severely.

"Everything," he growled before spinning to face Astrotrain. "Now."
verytired

In the skies

Post by verytired »

Airwave half suspected and half hoped the Scorponoks order-mail was a joke. If the autobots did fall into trouble, he'd be as much assistance as a banged up, ammo less jet could be, even if his heart was in it. With the Quintessons lost however, his efforts would be half hearted at best.
He mailed Scorponok back a plain affirmative, hoping that there wouldn't be cause to find out.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"You're one up on us then, we've never been in here, aside from the Quints dumping us in that prison," Bombshock answered to Roadblock, he and his troops following along behind. "Rather be on the battle field than in one of these stuffy over-glorified office buildings..."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Smelting Pools

" Very well, thanks " Prowl replied to Scorponock, ignoring Nautilus comments.

The strategist moved away, transforming into police car. He engaged his comm gear.

" Ultra Magnus, here Prowl. Smokescreen's group needs transport to Iacon. Please, pick his team up while you return aboard Sky Lynx. "

" Rosdos, Guzzle; transform and follow me " Prowl said, revving and rolling towards the Smelting Pools exit.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Nautilus waved in an over enthusiastic manner as Prowl and co. transformed and began to make their way.
"Don't be strangers! Missing you already!"

Meanwhilee, Guzzle transformed and followed Prowl in line quietly, thinking of the dead, and what cost they might have on the living.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Throne Room, Darkmount

Astrotrain wasn't quite sure where to start...so he just started at the beginning.

"I wasn't quite sure how Afterburner got assigned to the Warworld. I'm still not, to be honest. But in retrospect, it's obvious he manipulated the process somehow to get himself assigned to the post. As soon as he got there, he began making changes from the schematics you gave the construction crew." He shrugged slightly in Gigatron's direction. "I was suspicious when I discovered that, of course, but I'm no engineer and neither was anyone on my team. We had no way to know the depth of the changes he'd made." The Triplechanger's optics grew dark. "Starscream could have told us what was going on, but during his extremely unauthorized visit he proved to be more interested in threatening us than in making himself useful. And his assault on a member of my crew naturally turned my suspicions outward threats rather than inward ones. At any rate, Afterburner didn't show any signs of immediate betrayal, so we let him be."

The admiral paused, gauged Gigatron's reactions, then continued.

"During the battle with the Quintesson fleet, my troops were forced to fend off an Autobot attack on the Warworld. I can only assume they were a sabotage team sent to murder us under flag of truce. We repulsed them easily, but enough of my men were damaged that I couldn't respond with due force when the engineer's betrayal was laid bare. Deciding that living soldiers would be more useful to you than martyrs, I evacuated as many of the Warworld crew as I could." He shrugged fractionally. "Luckily, none of our people were left alive for the enemy to interrogate. If they manage to subvert Soundwave's self-destruct protocol, they would make off nothing more than a severely damaged and possibly irreparable Warworld."

Astrotrain sighed, a sound of utter, complete, spark-crushing weariness. He was getting tired of these sorts of betrayals.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Gigatron listened to Astrotrain's tale with an almost eerie calm. Addressing nidividual psychology was the greatest asset to morale - he knew Astrotrain's respect laid with Gigatron's ability to make rational, productive decisions, unlike the many Decepticons who responded only to intimidation.

"I've attempted to question Hammer and Knockout about the engineer," he grumbled finally after Astrotrain had finished. "Their radios are unresponsive. I assume they were deactivated... I am relieved to hear the Warworld will be of little use to them. We will retrieve it when we are able; losing our finest ship is still a tremendous embarrassment. Tell me, where is the rest of your crew?"

He made a mental note to commission an investigation into the matter once he had a full headcount of the war's survivors.

Scorponok watched Prowl exit with narrow optics. He looked forward to killing that one... Not relieved by the Autobots' departure, Scorponok turned to Nautilus with his eternal scowl and snatched the datatags.

"You and I are going to secure the command center," he stated. It was a fact.

Scorponok tromped off toward the castle's inner wall and the broad arch that would lead inside. The mission was partly a smokescreen: he still didn't trust Nautilus by himself, and there was no better way to find his true intentions than to let him walk behind a badly injured ranking officer with a loaded weapon.