[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Smelting Pools

Instead of Optimus Prime reply, Prowl received Airwave's comm.

" Airwave, proceed with caution " replied the strategist.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

The Smelting Pools

Scorponok continued to survey the troops movements woozily, his focus failing him frequently. One could never tell looking at him; his looked as menacing and furious as ever, perhaps moreso with the scars of war. But he decided he needed to correct his medical situation in short order.

"Cryotek, take Loadrun, Krok, and Vindicator into the castle proper to secure the main repair bay and communications station. Kill any Quintesson survivors on sight. Inform me when functionality is restored."

Scorponok turned his body to stomp closer to the pools, his gaze watching Prowl for a moment to caution him to keep to his own business. He head turned to follow his gait, and he approached Nautilus menacingly. He did not speak until he was within a yard of the mysterious warrior.

"You seem dissatisfied with your assignment, soldier," he growled quietly. That was all. Cryptic questions yielded the most revealing answers.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"You speak as though it was something I was forced into..."

Breaker returned Roadblock a cold, prederatory stare. "I was not forced into the tunnels, I took them from the Quintessons, and defended them from your kind. It is my domain, and you were invited into it. Now that your own domain has been returned, mine is no longer welcome to you. Just as Bombshock had warned so many times and you have chosen to ignore, I am not an ally of your kind..."

Breaker turned from Roadblock and Gigatron as though to head away, but his pace slowed momentarily. "...However...for the short time for which I had use of you, the challange of keeping safe a set of liabilities, it was...entertaining.... Perhaps if you can produce another suitable challange in the future, I might be tempted back to the surface to attend to it..."

With that said, Breaker now began to leave, to head back to his tunnels.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Nautilus looked up at Scorponok with exhausted, and what he hoped were respectful eyes.
"Not dissatisfied as such, no sir. But I need to see the enemy dead at my feet for a battle to end as victory. Pushing Pawns into a smelter is hardly that conclusion. I suppose I may be dissapointed that the Quintessons army is stocked with the likes of these drones."
He finished the sentence indicating the Sharkticon that he had pushed into the molten metal, it's armour running and resembling putty from the extreme heat, rather than the steel it was. It did leave him less than happy to see it.
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

Loadrun and Krok had moved to cryotek .
Loadrun had patched up Krok's heavy wounds with whatever he could find, even a part of a sharkticon shell. Krok was feeling somewhat better now but still hesitant to take on an enemy when he was less then 100 percent.

Krok adressed cryotek "sir, we are ready for your command"
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

At the sound of the new orders Vindicator walked over to where Cryotek was and begn checking his weapons. He didn't think they would encounter too much resistance but he didn't want to chance that. " Sir I am ready to move out and cleanse this place of any remaining Quintesson forces." he said to Cryotek
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Message from Iacon:

Ironhide: -over commlink- "Prowl? This' Ironhide. Prahme's down. Thunderwing trahed ta kill us."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek nodded as the group assembled quickly.

"Yes sir. Everyone follow me." He said transforming to his dragon mode once more as took off into the castle.

Roadblock briefly considering trying to slag Breaker for his insult but decided the ammo would be better saved for another time.

"Then so be it." He said. "Remember though this is our planet not yours so those tunnels are not yours. Next time I see you it will be as an enemy." He said paying no more attention to the leaving robot.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Darkmount: The Smelting Pools

Scorponok glanced over his shoulder and determined that Prowl was a bit too close to earshot. He didn't want to be saying anything about how soon anxious soldiers would have someone to kill... He decided to change the subject with a grunt.

"My ship's logs informed me that you were the subject of a prisoner transfer shortly before our launch." His optics narrowed at Nautilus. "For what crimes?"

Darkmount: Throne Room

Gigatron watched Breaker out with a scowl. He made a note to revamp Darkmount security.

"Roadblock, marshall a task force to secure the perimeter of the castle. Reestablish protocol at the security station and assure all systems are online."

Gigatron marched toward the desk Legatus had used. (It had once been his own, but the distinctive edges of the Decepticon logo it had once resembled were filled in by the Quintesson occupiers. He made note to have that repaired.) He kneeled next to it to hotwire the communications circuits back to Decepticon frequencies.

"Astrotrain, Hatemonger, Shockwave, this is Gigatron. Polyhex has been reclaimed, and security procedures are underway. Report mission status."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Smelting Pools

Prowl, unaware about Scorponock suspicious looks, frowned his eyebrows, stunned by Ironhide's words.

" What did you say? " the strategist replied, still using a codified frequency, " Thunderwing acted alone or is a decepticon conspiracy? "

Waiting for Ironhide's reply, Prowl reloaded his missiles and his acid pellet gun clip.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Nautilus was focused on Scorponoks really, really big claws when he was fielded the question. Looking slowly up at the Headmaster, he decided that Scorponok would appreciate the truth, and he didn't want to make the guy...Un-appreciative.
"Tracer apprehended me retrieving materials from the Tyrant enroute to the Warworld. In lieu of any decent time frame, Spinister consigned me to the brig till an investigation could be brought forth."

Guzzle was getting a little depressed.
"Quake, Stranglehold: do we know who we lost? Who's dead?" he asked with a hollow tone.
Stranglehold shrugged his shoulders, and looked at the Sparkler disinterestedly: his face saying quite loudly, Why do you care?, as if he were some kind of freak.

In the Air:
Airwave flew on into the Southern sector.
"Airwave, proceed with Caution," he repeated in a mocking imitation of Prowls voice off the comm channel. Again he looked as best he could around the surrondings, and was dismayed a little further at how poor he was at this.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Quake looked at the Autobot and just grunted.

"No idea but as long as we are still kicking is important." Was all he said.

Roadblock nodded and looked at the Military Squad, Beastbox and Squaktalk.

"We have a job lets go." He said.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Astrotrain's reply crackled over the airwaves to Gigatron's office. What he heard wouldn't make the Decepticon leader happy.

"The Quintesson fleet has been defeated, but the Warworld is lost to us." There was a pause. "We managed to repulse a traitorous Autobot sabotage party, but neglected to look for betrayal from within. It would appear that the chief engineer that the Technical branch assigned to the Warworld project was a spy for our Imperial cousins. He smuggled several teams of his brethren aboard and hijacked the ship. Soundwave has taken steps to deny the vessel to them, but we don't have the manpower to retake the ship. We're abandoning ship."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Darkmount: The Smelting Pools

Scorponok allowed a low growl to escape. He despised thieves. But then, he despised most things.

"And you have nothing to say in your defense?" he barked at Nautilus.

Darkmount: Throne Room

Gigatron sat in the pedestrian chair at the pedestrian desk, already thinking of how he'd have the chamber remodeled while Hatemonger's report came in. He leaned forward slowly, noting his fatigue, and tapped the communicator to respond.

"Well done, Hatemonger. If the area is secure, regroup your forces and return to Polyhex for repairs. Gigatron ou--"

Astrotrain's report interrupted him, and he listened with intensity that quickly turned to outrage. The Warworld lost! He could hardly imagine a greater incompetence! But Astrotrain was not one to point fingers; if he had been at fault, he would have accepted the torture due him. Therefore, he understood the problem was with an idiot Technical Director for assigning an unreliable engineer to such an important project, and with an imbecile Intelligence Director for allowing a spy to infiltrate their ranks. Gigatron slapped the console furiously.

"Hammer!" A piercing shriek answered him. "Reflector!" Only static. This was intolerable.

"Secure all Decepticons' escape from the Warworld! I don't want them to have anyone to interrogate! Have Soundwave remotely access the ship's protocols and reset them continuously. Report to my chamber in Darkmount immediately. I demand a full account."

Gigatron sat back in his chair, fuming at the opposite wall.

Those near the Smelting Pools may have heard a mighty lamenting bellow emerge from the balcony high on the castle wall.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Smelting Pools

"Looks lahke Thunderwing was actin' alone. Either that're th' Con's're better actors'n we thought. "

Prowl nodded as he received Ironhide's reply.

" Then we better inform Magnus and Fortress. Prowl over. "

The strategist opened a new codified comm channel.

" Rosdos, Guzzle, report status ", he asked.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Nautilus tried to stay calm as Scorponok terrorised him.
"I was retrieving my cargo, sir. It wouldn't have been good for it to have fallen into anyones hands but my own. Tracer and Spinister gave me little chance to explain myself, from a public accusation to mildly disguised threats. I thought it better to wait patiently and rest in the brig till as such a time when I could make a better peace with them all."
Nautilus took a step forward.
"The Cargo was... secreted, and perhaps I could have explained myself better. But this was a short time after my revivial, and the entire ship had treated me with naught but suspiscion. Any truth may have landed me with an immediate execution."

Guzzle repied to Prowl.
Quiet as a... Grave, sir. No trouble here.
Guzzle then turned to Quake.
"That's all that matters eh? As long as we've won, and we're alive, it's a victory?" he asked with hollow tones.
Stranglehold made a show of rolling his eyes as the sparkler talked.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Astrotrain's reply was short and to the point.

"As you command, Lord Gigatron."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Smelting Pools

Prowl stteped towards Guzzle, while opening a new codified comm channel.

"Fortress, Optimus Prime is down. I suggest starting the regroup of the Autobot forces on Iacon. What is your status?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Prowl, this is Fortress Maximus. My citybot was destroyed in orbit, but I've retrieved one of my spare transectors. I'm on the northern border of the Tagan Heights with Crosshairs and Hubcap, but I can be in Iacon in less than a breem."

"If you could contact our troops and have them begin regrouping, I'll head to the city, assume command and get the technical staff busy repairing the injured."
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Smelting Pool----------

At another corner of an excution ground a beeped rang from Rosdos right wrist. "All good Prowl. no sign of trouble."
Rosdos then continuing patrol around the pool.