[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Outskirts

Derby emerged from a sewage grate at the border with Uraya in time to just glimpse the strange phenomenon in the sky before a bolt lanced down at him. Derby swerved instinctively, but the bolt caught his side, blowing out all of his tires, shattering his windows, and flipping him through the air for a hundred yards before he crashed on his hood. Derby's last thought before losing consciousness was that this wouldn't help Jazz' recovery...

Haras, still facing backward, was taken off-guard by Derby's sudden somersault and bounced to the ground with a grunt. He looked up with frightened eyes, although the storm seemed uninterested in him. Haras looked among the Autobots confused.

"What's happening?!" I can't lose them too!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

In the drains:

Roadbuster: -still in vehicle mode- "SLAG! Somebody's opened the Plasma Energy Chamber! Haras! If you're part organic, grab Derby and Jazz, try to get them under cover of some kind. It won't protect them for long, but it's better than nothing!"

Tunnel:

Hot Rod: -still wrapped in plasma and eldritch energies, his photon blasters seeming to melt into his forearms, the tri-barrelled blasters on his arms changing to dual barrelled, shorter, feeding off of blocky powerpacks.......-

Grimlock: -still striding forward, feeling the bulky pad on his left shoulder start to disintegrate, picking up the pace-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
verytired

Post by verytired »

Deliberata's mind reformed into one unit when he saw Muzzle.
"Oh dear!" he uttered as he retreated back around the corner and huged the wall as best he could:
An organic! Damn it to the pit, there's an Organic here!
He flailed his arms in panic, and began to officially fluster.
Wait an astro second, it's six feet tall! I can take him! Maybe...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Entryway into the Plasma Energy Chamber:

Muzzle: -running into the room, stops at the sight of Deliberata- "Maybe I should have kept my armor on. Hell with it." -aims the Desert Eagle at the Quint scientist- "Shut that thing down, NOW!!!!"

Grimlock: -wincing, leaning against the doorframe, his Pretender shell holed in a couple of places, smoke rising from the joints and seams as the shell's repair systems go into overload, raising his rocket launcher to cover the Quint scientist, plasma energy burning into both his and the shell's systems- "N....no....not...... b...bother.... t-t-talking to Quint. Circuitsssssss scrambled."

Muzzle: -not looking away from Deliberata- "His or yours?"

Grimlock: -growls in response, gun shaking in his hand-

Tunnel:

Hot Rod: -still unconscious, energies burning across him, changing his backpack, the wing on his back, a bulkier backpack forming, the wing narrowing and spreading out.....-

Tunnel Entrance:

Omega Supreme: -on his side, smoldering-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

at that point, Ginrai entered the chamber...

"Five....faced... scum... "

was all he could manage to get out, before his attention shifted to the PEC.. and the key.

"Shut it down... NOW!"

The godmaster's body began to emit a strange, all too familiar glow... his only means left to shunt the plasma energy was to physically exhude it as the energy field he would normally reserve for finishing off a foe.

"Or so help me... every one of your masks will be torn from your freakish body, and scattered across this chamber!"
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Outskirts

Haras didn't even think before he pushed himself up to fill Roadbuster's orders. He was still terrified, but having someone to boss him around soothed the anxiety. Haras used his brutish might to flip Derby onto his bare wheels and drag him behind a squat round building. The plasma energy continued to sear Derby's frame; Haras, desperate, tore down a billboard from overhead to cover the Autobot. It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Tunnel

Wing Saber was at his limit from the onrushing energy and he knew he wouldn't be able to stand up to it but a moment longer before he suscumbed to it. Maybe at least one of them could come out alive instead of both of them going... Using the last moment of conciousness he had, Wing Saber possitioned himself to cover up Hot Rod to try to shield him from the onrushing energy.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Snapdragon so much as landed before he leaped again and transformed into his starfighter form, attempting to outrun the PEC.

He wasn't so lucky.

He did manage to clear the tunnel he had descended before an energy bolt reached out and touched him, sending him planet-bound in a hurry...
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: The shiny new Roll Call thread was the victim of a tragic a remodelling accident. If you guys could go here and list your characters again, we'd really appreciate it. Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience. :))

The Decagon

Cerebros knew the fire that was rising up to consume him. He'd felt its bite before, tasted the wonderful agony that came from being consumed by it. He'd defeated it once, when his binary-bonded human parter managed to remove the Key that had unleashed it upon the world. But Spike had been out of the Autobot's life for decades now, and only a small speck of his life energy remained, an echo burnt into Cerebros' spark even after their bond had been broken. It wasn't enough to spare him from the plasma energy's touch...but it was enough to keep him lucid, feeling every second of the plasma's sting as it touched him, his transector, and his drones. And this time, there was nothing he could do to stop it.

"Nnnn..."

With what little strength remained to him, Cerebros started to crawl toward his larger body. If one of his comrades managed to stop this holocaust, his comrades would need medical attention. And if they didn't...if they didn't, then Cerebros might still be able to escape.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tap Out grabbed Chop Shop and they ran like slag for the nearest cover.

Slicer not as quick on the uptake but made up for it as he transformed and surged past the other two in a cloud of dust.

Chop Shop pushed Tap Out awkwardly to one side as the plasma came arking down. He twisted and turned as it seared his armour.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Deliberata looked at the three enemies before him:
Muzzle might put a few holes in him, but he was sure he could throttle the thing before it caused him too much trouble. The one called Grimlock seemed to be having enough issues that he presented little more threat than the organic.
Behind the pair though, there was one that caused Deliberata to really start reckoning his chances at further living at nil.
"Ginrai," He said over the roaring maelstrom.
"I hadn't been expecting you. But no matter: my life is forfeit, but soon you will all follow and the Quintessons will be victorious."
The Judge floated over to the chamber and away from the key.
"I wasn't keen on being a martyr, but I planned for it anyway. The Key is tampered with: Nothing short of the Plasma Chamber quenching it's thirst for Technological life will end it's attack."

His tentacles limp, Deliberata looked up at Ginrai with his Laughter Face.
“So, kill me: torture me, you wretched malfunction. I won’t be around the see the end of your fetid rebellion, but when the dust settles, I will be exalted: Your bodies will be mounted on the walls surrounding the statue celebrating me as the savior of Quintessa!”
The Face looked to the ceiling, it’s eyes rolling back into its head, and laughed operatically, the other four faces of Deliberata joining in till it was a gruesome crescendo the sadistic, arrogant laugh of Quintesson Success…
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

The godmaster's optics narrowed, and he looked back to Muzzle and Grimlock.

"When this is over... Slag him for me. Promise me.. after he and his kind see that their greatest mistake was underestimating us..."

Ginrai took three final steps forward... just within arm's reach of the PEC... and the key... and suddenly was engulfed in flame...

" Devoid of energy, huh? Good thing... I'm who I am..."

the godmaster drew both his cannons, raising them skyward, and pulled the triggers... plasma... harnessed and refined energy, not the raw energy the chamber spewed forth.. errupted from them... searing upward through cybertron's crust... bursting forth in front of the central entrance to Iacon.

"Every... last... joule of energy... no matter WHAT... will NOT COME TO HARM ANOTHER TRANSFORMER!"

Ginrai's armor glowed white-hot as he actively began to draw in the raw plasma energy and refine it through his weapons systems.. and after what seemed like hours... which was in fact, moments... as ginrai had forced the energies within to emerge at an increasingly rapid pace...in a flash of white light, there was an explosion. The roar had left... but the Godmaster's behemoth form was gone. Strewn across the chamber were parts of his trailer super-mode... and godbomber's armor form... all that was left... was a beaten, scorched hulk that was ginrai's basic body... and with all the strength it had left, it rose... regenerative circuits scrambling to recover systems that were beyond repair... and finally, he reached out... and grasped the key to the chamber... his face turned to deliberata.

"You've failed... you've lived to see it... and now, I can die knowing that the one thing that you five faced abominations thought you'd never be robbed of... your pride... and arrogance twoard other living beings... is stripped of you. "

no sooner did ginrai finish those words than he crushed the key in his hand... circuitry exposed, portions of the obsidian key lodging into his hand...and fell to the floor, his optics black.

The savior of Cybertron... and in his reality... the galaxy itself... had passed. No spark would rise from his body... no sign of his soul moving on. but if grimlock and muzzle could believe they weren't hallucinating... one could see a ghostly visage... a black haired human, beside ginrai's broken body... clutching a huge blue finger in his hand.

" we can rest now... both of us... as one."

the specter disappeared... and all was silent.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Plasma Energy Chamber:

Grimlock: -holsters rocket launcher, still awash in plasma energy-

Muzzle: -just staring, slack-jawed- "Did.... did you see that?"

Grimlock: -wincing, feeling the shell's autorepair routines go into full overload- "No. You not see it, either." -lurching into the room, systems feeling like they're on fire, rips a console bank from one of the monitoring boards- "Open wide, Five-Face. Me make you eat more than crow!" -roaring in a combination of anger and pain, swinging the console bank at Deliberata-

verytired

Plasma Energy Chamber

Post by verytired »

Deliberata, no less silenced by the awesome sacrifice of God Ginrai, didn't hear Grimlocks question, and took the console square in his face of Laughters, sending his body flying backwards into the room, and the dark.

He lay there, oilblood leaking from his cavernous wound, tentacles twitching beyond his control, antigrav sparker spluttering uselesly into the air. Judgement was weeping as he faced the floor, despairing at the loss for the empire. Wrath was breathing heavily, apoplect in in his outrage and beyond speech. Wisdom waited the follow up from their attackers, unable to make the body move anymore.
Death stared out and at Muzzle and Grimlock.
"It never ends, Transformers. You will fight for ever; and when you become weak, or arrogant, or complacent, the Quintessons will return, and make you as you are meant to be."
His eyes glow began to fade, slowly.
"We have waited this long, a little longer is nothing..."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Plasma Energy Chamber:

Grimlock: -stalks in after the mangled Deliberata, fists twitching spasmodically as his shell starts to fight him now- "Energy gone. Not need this now." -initiating the disengagement protocols for the shell, staggering as the shell's systems short, sparks flying-

Muzzle: -walking into the room, over to Deliberata, scowling as he raises the Desert Eagle- "You forgot one thing, bubba. I'm not a Transformer. I'm human." -aiming at the forehead of the Death face- "And I might not be here to stop you. But somebody will. So bring it on, your plans, your schemes. We'll stop you cold, freakazoid." -fires the Desert Eagle-

Grimlock: "STUPID SHELL! PHASE OUT!!!!" -roaring, trying to rip it open, the shell flaring like a beacon, finally disintegrating in a shower of blinding light-

Muzzle: -turning, shielding his eyes- "Grimlock? You okay?"

Grimlock: -looking a little wobbly as the light fades, grunts- "Me feel..... funny. Shell gone. Burned out."

Muzzle: -eyes widening- "It certainly did a number on you."

Grimlock: "What you.... mean?" -looking down at his hands, noticing the new placement of the talons for dino mode, the new difference in his feet and legs, the new bulk to his shoulders- "Huh. At least me not turn into non-transformable Grimlock this time." -reaching back, pulling his now single barrelled rocket launcher(with energo-bayonet) and his energo..... er.....-

Muzzle: "It looks like a tail. A glowing tail."

Grimlock: -hefting it- "Feel like energo-sword, though." -swings it, slicing through a bank of monitors- "Cut like energo-sword. Must be energo-sword."

Muzzle: "Can't fault you there."

Tunnel:

Hot Rod: -groans, comes back to consciousness- "Ow...... must've been one heck of a party....." -raises a hand to his head, stops hand halfway, staring at his forearm- "What the......" -looking at his body, the double barreled photon cannons on his forearms, the jetpack status indicator in his HUD, raps his chest a couple of times- "No, pretty sure I don't have the Matrix again. I wonder what happened....." -sits up, registering Wing Saber- "Now why'd you crash like that. Almost looks like you're trying to protect me........"

Wheeljack's Lab:

Minerva: -from somewhere under a pile of debris and spare parts, groans- "What was that?"

Wheeljack: -partially pinned under Prime's(now back online) stasis pod- "Plasma energy. The Quints must'a tried to open the chamber. You okay?"

Minerva: "I think so. I feel kinda tingly, though."

Wheeljack: "I feel like I just got hit by 20 lightning bolts."

Ironhide's CR chamber: -door fused shut, sparks flying from the burned out panels, muffled thumping can be heard-

Aero Blade

Tunnel

Post by Aero Blade »

Due to the compounded injuries (though the energy of the Plasma Energy Champer alone would've been enough), Wing Saber was unconcious, and thus failed to respond to Hot Rod. He looked even worse now than he'd wound up on Nebulos, though the injuries were now external isntead of internal this time around.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Outskirts

Haras' fright and bewilderment saw no end when the storm gave up. He still suspected it to start again at any instant, and his eyes remained vigilant skyward for a full minute. Finally hearing a muffled groan, he ran to Derby's side and threw the billboard off him.

"Primus, what the slag was that?" Derby croaked.

Haras was unable to find the words to explain how little he knew.

Finding his tires blown out, Derby grumbled and opened his rear hatch. "Could you carry Jazz, buddy? I gotta walk the rest of the way into town."

Haras worried the Autobots might think he'd done this to the Autobot when they saw him, but he was never one to say no. He carefully procured Jazz' sparking frame from Derby's bed, allowing the truck to transform.

"Cripes," Derby groaned with a forced chuckle, clutching his side as he began hobbling toward downtown. "I thought I'd stop getting shot when the war ended... You okay, DC?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Doublecross rushed out as soon as the storm had finished to see if Derby was ook.

Double nodded "yess we are ok."

Cross looked Derby up and down "in the warsss again we will have to start calling you "Demolition" Derby ."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Outskirts:

Roadbuster: -scortched, signed, dented, and with 2 flat tires, grinds his way out of the tunnel in vehicle mode- "Everybody okay?"

BBC: -groaning, shaking his head, picks himself up off the ground, transforms unsteadily, rolls over to his battered battle platform-

Wheeljack's Lab:

Minerva: -hauling herself out of the pile of debris, shaking her head, dizzily making her way over to Ironhide's CR chamber-

Wheeljack: -still struggling to move Prime's stasis pod- "Hey! What about me?"

Minerva: "I don't think I can move that. I'll let him out, and he should be able to." -looking at the fused chamber door- "Then again, maybe not." -raps on the door- "Ironhide? Can you hear me?"

Ironhide: -muffled reply-

Minerva: "The door's fused. Can you get it open?"

-the CR chamber's door bends, slightly, buckling outwards, finally ripping open, massive bracers covering Ironhide's hands pushing through the door, hands ripping it open-

Ironhide: -steps out, dazed- "Whut th' slag happened?"

Minerva: -just staring- "What happened to you?"

Ironhide: -looking at the battered condition of Minerva, not to mention the whole lab- "Ain't that what Ah jus' asked?"

Minerva: -pointing at him-

Ironhide: "Huh?" -looks down, noticing the fact that his windshield is now split, noticing the "shoulder pads", the heavy redesign of his forearms- "WHEELJACK!!!!"

Wheeljack: -sighing- "If I had to guess, it's probably a result of the plasma energy frying the CR chamber's systems. Now can we get me untrapped here? I need to check Prime's condition!"

Ironhide: -scowling, stalks over to Prime's stasis pod, picks it up, puts it back on the table-

Wheeljack: -staring- "Wow. Does it hurt?"

Ironhide: "Ah don't feel any differ'nt."

Tunnel to Plasma Energy Chamber:

Hot Rod: -gets to his feet, knocks on Wing Saber's hull- "Hey. You okay?"

Grimlock: -walking towards him-

Muzzle: -checking over Nightbeat, transforms-

Nightbeat: -transforms, head locking into place, limping after Grimlock, sees Snapdragin, moves over to check on the Decepticon headmaster-

Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Outskirts

Derby laughed hoarsely at Doublecross' joke as he hobbled on toward Iacon.

"I think that's what they were going for when they codenamed me. Vector Sigma's got a cruel sense of humor..."

Haras tromped along behind them, glancing about nervously and longingly with his high-profile cargo.