[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Trypticon

Detritus attempted to shoulder charge Thundercracker and run for the ramp.

"run flee head for the hills the end is nigh. He's mad insane I tell you. Crazzzzzy. Get out of her all of you. He's going to blow."

Detritus broke into song

You wanna see sin of the wickedest kind?
Here it is!
You wanna see virtue left behind?
Here it is!
Sodom was vice
And visa-versa
You wanna say where the vice is worser?
Here it is!
I mean, here it is!

You wanna live life in the rottenest city?
Here it is!
Women and whiskey, night and day?
Here it is!
You wanna embrace the golden calf?
Ankle, and thigh, and upper half?
Here it is!
I mean, here it is!

No name city
No name city
The Lord don't like it here

No name city
No name city
Your reckoning day is near"
verytired

Post by verytired »

Trypticon, headed out:
Tap-out ran out ahead of the Decepticons and out of Trypticon, and watched Detritus head for the hills with a pained look on his face.
What the hell got into that-
He didn't finish the thought: Slicer came out of Trypticon shortly after him, and pole axed him to the ground with a roundhouse kick to the back of the Mini-bots head.
He stood over Tap-out, calm and un peturbed.
"That," he stated, punctating the word by pointing down at Tap-outs head, "Is for hitting me. It weren't necessary."
Heinrad

BGM: Cry, Little Sister, by Gerard McMann, from The Lost Boys

Post by Heinrad »

Trypticon:

Trypticon: "Lerner and Lowe want their lyrics back. And you could at least sound like Lee Marvin or Clint Eastwood."

Thundercracker: -diving out of the way, leaping from the hatch-

Trypticon: -slamming main hatch shut-

--------------

Tryoticon: "Sorry, Crosscut. The repair bay equipment's the only thing keeping those two alive at the moment. I can have my sub-ord drones help to make portable stasis units for them, and if the worst happens, I'll need you to get them to escape pods. I'd offload them now, but there's an excellent chance that, if the Imperials are able to undo what Soundwave did, they'll turn the Warworld on us."

Wheeljack's Lab:

Wheeljack: -checking Prime over carefully- "I'm amazed that you two are still alive."

Ironhide: "You'n me both." -looks over at Wheeljack- "He gonna make it?"

Wheeljack: "Yeah." -thinking, picks up a datapadd, starts making notes- ""Most of this damage..... fire?"

Ironhide: -nods- "Thunderwing hit both flame cannons. 'S a real mess."

Wheeljack: "Hmm." -making more notes-

Ironhide: -over commlink to Prowl- "Looks lahke Thunderwing was actin' alone. Either that're th' Con's're better actors'n we thought. "
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Heading away from Trypticon

Detritus transformed continuing to sing as he revved his engine.
His voice dropped and changed becoming more gravelly.

"I was born under a wanderin’ star
I was born under a wanderin’ star

Wheels are made for rollin’
Mules are made to pack
I never seen a sight that didn’t look better looking back.

Mud can make you prisoner
And the plains can bake you dry
Snow can burn your eyes
But only people make you cry
Home is made for comin’ from
For dreams of goin’ to
Which with any luck will never come true

Do I know where hell is?
Hell is in Hello
Heaven is good-bye forever
It’s time for me to go"

As he rolled away his machine gun swiveled and let off a farewell burst in Slicer's direction.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Wheeljack's lab

" Then we better inform Magnus and Fortress. Prowl over. "
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Outer edge of Iacon:

Trypticon's anti-gravs flared, lifting the battle fortress into the air, engines roaring to life as he starts to accellerate towards the edge of the atmosphere, locking his targeting systems onto the Warworld's distant image, bringing his banked arrays of forcefields and deflector shields up to full power. His next stop: Space. (Or at least the Orbit thread.)

Fort Rhul:

BBC: -optics narrowing- "So you're the one who tried to blow me up." -subspacing his rifle, fists clenching and unclenching, starts striding towards Gunrunner- "What makes you think that I would shoot you?"

Wheeljack's Lab:

Ironhide: -slumps against a wall- "Ah think... you better do it, Prowl......" -winces, passes out, collapsing to the floor with a resounding CLANG! of trithyllium-steel alloy armor-

Wheeljack: -spins at the sound- "Slag. I really need medical backup here." -scowls(as much as he can)- "Well, Prime's as stable as I can get him. Let's see what I can do for old Ironhide." -moves over to Ironhide, starts checking him over- "You'd better get here soon, Minerva. I'm a mad scientist, not a mechanic."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Prowl sent the following transmission...

"Fortress, Optimus Prime is down. I suggest starting the regroup of the Autobot forces on Iacon. What is your status?"

---

Trypticon

" Here we go, then... " muttered Crosscut, watching Trypticon's take off from the corridor's viewport.

---

Fort Rhul

Gunrunner shuddered, slowly limping backwards as BBC aproached.

" Huh... I guess you are resentful with me " Gunrunner said, looking around trying to find help or a way to escape - without success -, " Before we were enemies, you were working for the Quints, and we were the Resistance... "
verytired

Post by verytired »

Where Trypticon was...
Slicer was still making his point over the Mini-bot when Detritus's parting shot caught him in the chest and left shoulder. Staggered back a bit, he raised his voice:
"YOU JUNKION FREAK! YOU'D BETTER RUN, I SEE YOU AGAIN, I'LL CUT YOU IN HALF, FROM THE INSIDE OUT!"
Not stopping to think on whether what he said was actually possible, he turned from Detritus, to Thundercracker, who had landed beside him.
"What a revoltin' development, eh? What else can go wrong today?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Tagan Heights

Fortress Maximus was mounting the last flight of stairs between him and the factory's roof hatch when Prowl's comm broadcast came through.

Just when it seemed like we couldn't lose any more for this 'victory'... The Headmaster forced the thought aside, activated his new transector's communications array, and sent a reply.

"Prowl, this is Fortress Maximus. My citybot was destroyed in orbit, but I've retrieved one of my spare transectors. I'm on the northern border of the Tagan Heights with Crosshairs and Hubcap, but I can be in Iacon in less than a breem." His voice caught for a second, and although he would have liked to have blamed it on his new body's not-yet broken-in hardware, he knew it was out of nervousness. Nevertheless, his background made him better-suited for this sort of operation than anyone else.

"If you could contact our troops and have them begin regrouping, I'll head to the city, assume command and get the technical staff busy repairing the injured."

While he waited for the strategist's reply, Maximus strode out onto the roof. He waved aside Crosshairs' comments about his new body. "There's no time for that. We're needed in Iacon."

With that, Cerebros disconnected from the larger robot and transformed to robot mode. The Maximus body transformed into a downscaled spaceship mode, with Cerebros sitting in a control pod atop the command tower. Crosshairs shrugged, then climbed aboard, dragging Hubcap behind him. The entire group lifted off into the air and headed toward Iacon.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Deep Beneath the Taaan hieghts, 13 levels below Generator C
Deliberata stood before it: the magnificence left him silent, even in his over filled mind: The Plasma Energy Chamber; The Death of those wretched freethinking products, the Manifestation of his Wrath.
The End, and The Beginning.
Deliberata floated at the edge of the chamber, along the walls till he found the control panel. The Key gripped tightly in one of his tentacles, he began tapping into the main control outlet, pressing the buttons as if he knew them off by heart, which he did: he had rehearsed this moment in private, his tentacles flying across imaginary pads and panels like an Orchestra Conducter. Now he was actually here, and the moment wasn’t any less than he had imagines it: it was so much more, so much more than he could have thought.
He Paused: what if he had been followed?
I had best take steps, he snickered, and brought a small control from one of the recesses of his bloated floating body…
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Fort Rhul:

BBC: "I was a Quint. If you had tried to kill me while I was still a Quint soldier, I could understand that. However, you tried to kill me AFTER I had joined you." -crossing his arms- "Beg for you life. I might be merciful."

Wheeljack's Lab:

Wheeljack: -working on Ironhide-

BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Incoming transmission

" To all Autobots, here Prowl. Once your battlezones had been secured, regroup in Iacon. I repeat, regroup in Icaon. "

---

Fort Rhul

Gunrunner optics flashed in surprise.

" Mercifull? " he repeated, staring at BBC.

The pretender tried to rise, but his knee servos failed, and he was forced to sit on the ground. He was afraid, but he was also tired. Extremelly tired.

" Aw, come on. Maybe you weren't a Quint then, but you were not our ally neither. You would have killed us if you have had the chance. I acted as a soldier, and tried to destroy a powerfull menace for my home. "

Gunrunner rised his head, looking at BBC.

" I'm glad you can feel compassion, perhaps you are not so different to Prime as you like to think... but I do not beg. "

OCC: Hein, I like Gunnie...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Dropping towards Tagan Heights:

Nightbeat: -strapped in next to Hot Rod- "So where, exactly, are we going again?"

Hot Rod: "Thirteen levels below generator C."

Nightbeat: "And if we don't get there before this maniac does whatever we're trying to stop?"

Hot Rod: "We all die."

Nightbeat: "WHAT? What's down there, a planetary auto-destruct?"

Hot Rod: -sighs- "In a nutshell, what this Quint's trying to open is the Plasma Energy Chamber, the foundry in which the bodies of the original Cybertronians were forged. The down side to activating it now is that the chamber spews out unstable plasma energy, which does horrible things to Cybertronian lifeforms."

Nightbeat: "Great. And the reason this wasn't sealed away is.... why?"

Hot Rod: -scowling- "The location isn't a widely known thing. We know about it because Vector Sigma told Prime. The Decepticons know about it because Vector Sigma arranged for them to find out. Not sure how, but it did. The Quints have known about it for a long time, since they did use this planet as a manufacturing center a long time ago." -looks over at Nightbeat- "The only thing that can stand up to this plasma energy is organics. Pretenders, Headmaster and Powermaster components.... things like that."

Nightbeat: "That doesn't make any sense. Plasma energy is.... well, plasma energy. It should mess everything up equally."

Hot Rod: -shrugs- "It looks like cyborgs aren't affected, either, for whatever it's worth."

Nightbeat: "Why am I not reassured......"

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Rhul The Decagon

(OOC: It's back in Autobot hands now, gang. :D)

As he circled his larger body around looking for a landing spot, Cerebros decided the city had definitely seen better days.

I'll have to talk to Prime about letting me lead the rebuilding efforts. It would be good to make something again, instead of destroying all the time...

His reverie was rudely interrupted when he saw what appeared to be a black clone of Optimus Prime menacing Gunrunner. While he wasn't particularly familiar with the Pretender, he had heard enough about black clones of Autobot leaders to suit him for several lifetimes.

After setting down just long enough to let Crosshairs and Hubcap disembark, he transformed to head mode, connected with the also-transformed robot mode of Fortress Maximus and stalked toward BBC. He decided that he would definitely miss the vastly imposing bulk of his old body, but he knew that the new one wasn't exactly a pushover either.

"What is the meaning of this?" Fortress Maximus demanded curtly.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Greatshot and Minerva closed in on Wheeljack's lab.
"hey, i could drop you off or give a fly-up transformation and let you try to land that one?"
----------------------------------------------
Snapdragon was streaking into Iacon airspace, closing on the makeshift manufacturing plant that doubled as an entrance to the Plasma Energy Chamber.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

The Decagon:

BBC: "That's where you are wrong, Gunrunner. I would not have killed you. Not while you were still useful." -watching as Fort Max lands- "Ah. Fortress Maximus. Shorter than my files were lead to believe. As to what is going on here, I am simply confronting one of your.... back-stabbing...... Autobot comrades with the fact that perhaps trying to kill an ally simply because you don't like them is not the best way to win friends and influence people." --scowls- "In future, Gunrunner, perhaps you should use more powerful explosives. Or maybe you should have shot me in the head after the doors knocked me down." -turns, walks away- "But that would have taken more courage than you posess, apparently."

Greatshot:

Minerva: -looking up from the diagrams- "You'd better land, Greatshot. I don't have a parachute."

verytired

Post by verytired »

The Plasma Energy Chamber:
Deliberatas rear most face worked furiously on the pile technological equipment that he had unearthed from his various hidey holes. It grinned as it linked wires and clicked units together, till finally, what looked like half of a bubble floated up from a small projector 3 feet into the air.
More manipulations from the Judge, and the Bubble-half rotated so it's dome faced the entrance, and then expanded vastly and fastly: soon, it sealed off a sort of foyer area just within the room away from the rest of the Chamber.
"That took longer than i thought.," the Judge muttered to himself with his Wrath face.
Laughter sighed, "But, it'll keep anything out! I don't think the Transformers have anything or anyone capable of breaching the Energy-Return-Field without dying."
Wisdom and Judgement were focused on their work on the Plasma Energy Chamber itself, where as Death was left to dream the warm comforting dream of Genocide and Triumph.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Decagon

"Nnnn." Fortress Maximus watched BBC wander off, then moved closer to Gunrunner. His head separated and fell forward, transforming into Cerebros as the main body unfolded into its repair bay mode. Gasket and Grommet rolled out of their storage spaces and combined into Cog.

"Come on," the small Autobot said, offering his hand to Gunrunner. "My repair bay can tend to your wounds."
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Greatshot scoffed, under his breath, at Minerva's statement about the parachute. Who was he, Roughstuff?

"ok, ready.. GO!" and with that he landed soft enough considering how the terrain in Iacon was after the Peacebringer battles.
----------------------------------------------
Snapdragon was just within site of seeing the backside of Nightbeat descend when he landed, so he hurriedly transformed and scurried over to the rail where they had descended.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

West Iacon

Excavator had spent quite some time waiting patiently for something else to kill, and he found himself sorely disappointed with the Quintessons' failure to amuse him... or destroy him. Things became boring when the Autobots got the Decagon back in their hands, and Excavator had taken to marching. He'd made a pit-stop at the ruins of the Sharkticon factory to gather Stonecruncher's remains and some fuel from one of the unexploded underground tanks.

Now walking the silent highway to Altihex, he carried the crate of his friends' parts under one arm, Stonecruncher's body held on his shoulder by his crane, and his cannon leaned against his other shoulder. His half-depleted belt of ammunition was still strung across his chest, bisecting his clean bottom half and his top half encrusted with Stonecruncher's fluids.

He was glad Wingspan had survived, but it wasn't a dominant thought. As the fortress dome at the center of downtown Iacon's skyline slowly disappeared behind him, he formulated plans for when he would reach Polyhex. He knew what he needed to do.