[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Falls (Cybertron orbit)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Warworld

The Imperial colonel was busily snapping orders to his men, and it took a few seconds for Sunstorm's transmission to sink in. When it did, though, he acted quickly.

"Tactical, track Thunderwing. As soon as he's within our defencive perimeter, raise shields and target the other Decepticon. The Liege Maximo wouldn't like it if his new hireling got melted by a radioactive seeker."

"Aye, sir."

A few seconds later, as Thunderwing closed range, the Warworld's shields popped back into existence between him and the seeker. A short while later, bursts from the ship's guns started to fire in Sunstorm's general direction. There was little chance they would hit, but they would certainly serve as a warning to the radioactive Decepticon...and as confirmation of Thunderwing's betrayal.

Escape Pod #2

Soundwave shrugged, although the expression of contempt would lose some of it's impact given that his connection with Tracer was audio-only.

"They are...expendable. And I have several more in storage if these ones get killed. But I strongly doubt Gigatron would approve of an officer murdering other Decepticons without a good reason. He is, after all, not Galvatron."

His voice warmed up a few degrees, although it was still cold enough to freeze nitrogen. "Several other Decepticons managed to escape the Warworld as well. But others were not so lucky."

Entering the Atmosphere

Astrotrain's nosecone started to glow red as he began re-entry on a vector to Polyhex.

(OOC: Guess which thread he's moving to. ;))
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Space:

Trypticon: -drawing ever closer to the Warworld, entering firing range for his main gun- "Attention crew. Hang on to your shocks." -anti-proton cannon roaring, sending a massively power beam of energy at the Warworld-

--------------

While in Trypticon's medbay, drones hurry about, rigging the repair cradles into life support pods.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
verytired

Post by verytired »

Warworld, Docking bay
Thunderwing had been gratified by the show of power from the warworld against his pursuer: he had not desired to decieve anyone past the point of the assassination attempt. As he pulled in to the Hanger, the Atmo generator field letting him enter like a silk screen, he transformed and landed proudly.
No longer am I the shunned outcast, nor a puppet of some pair of mad spirits: i am my on robot, and I...
He strode forward, meeting a pair of Imperial Storm troopers,
I am an Imperial. This was my destiny. High above the scrabbling rabble of Autobots and Decepticons, i will take my place here...
The Troopers were not at ease, nor were they aggressive: they joined in step with Thunderwing as he made his way to the lifts, to meet his destiny.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"Your pet spies best hope they don't present a good reason, as I will not hesitate," Tracer responded to Soundwave, sparing no kindness in his tone for the other Decepticon. He wasn't about to be nice to someone he distrusted so much.

"Has there been any signs of Astrotrain's survival?" Tracer questioned again, hoping for a possitive answer. He had no interest in inheriting the job, and he silently prayed the news was good but did not allow it to show in his tone.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Warworld

Afterburner arrived with a smug look on his face.

"Our deaths have been averted...for now," he told the colonel. "But I suggest you carry out the hyperspace jump with all due haste now that Thunderwing has boarded, lest we be-" The engineer's speech was cut short as the deck lurched beneath him. "What in the name of the Hub is going on?"

"Trypticon has opened fire on us," a stormtrooper reported. "It hit us with some sort of anti-proton beam, almost as powerful as one of this ship's main batteries. Shields holding at 84%."

"Return fire," the colonel snapped crisply to his gunner. "All aft guns and all port, starboard, dorsal and ventral guns that can depress far enough to come to bear on him." He half-turned. "Helm, how long until we can make the hyperspace jump?"

"Six minutes," another trooper said.

"Good." He turned back to the gunner, his voice cheerful. "You have that long to kill Trypticon, or your life is forfeit."

The gunner's only answer was to open fire on Trypticon.

Soundwave watched the light show as Trypticon and the Warworld took potshots at each other, once again pondering the futile treachery that his fellow Decepticons engaged in.

If only they would do what was best for the Decepticon cause, we could build an empire that would make the galaxy tremble. With me at the head, naturally.

"He yet lives," he replied to Tracer. "How long that remains true, I cannot say. Lord Gigatron has summoned him to answer for this debacle."

Like Tracer, Soundwave kept his emotion from his voice; unlike the other Decepticon, he fervently hoped that Astrotrain would die so that he could rise up in his place.

All for the good of the faction, of course.
Aero Blade

Space

Post by Aero Blade »

Tracer wasn't able to pick out anything from Soundwave's vocal tones (though they sounded all the same to him anyways...) but something about the way the communication's officer had phrased things that made tracer believe there was something to read between the lines. Also given his previous antics, Tracer had no doubt Soundwave would be up to something, if not now then sooner or later.

"I would suggest you hope as I do that things go well and Astrotrain is soon back to resume his responsibilites," Tracer started in a polite, pacient tone. "He named me to take his place should anything happen to him, and if I have to take over his role for him, I will be cracking down on the less-desirable antics of certain soldiers that have been proven to have a limited margin of trust..." Tracer finished. "Understoood?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Space:

Trypticon: -shuddering as the Warworld's return fire hammered at his shielding, shifting more power from his aft shields to his forward shields, drawing more and more power from the fusion reactor in his engine core..... one built from a third party knockoff of a cheap Soviet reactor, assembled with all the skill of Breastforce's resident mechanical genius, and a lot of spit, bailing wire, and swearing...... infinite repeaters, missile batteries, ion cannons spewing fire at the Warworld, cycling more power(from the Titan crystals) into the main gun, firing another massive blast at the retreating battle station-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Weirdwolfs fingers tapped quickly over the controls

"Warworld pod escapes are now beam tractor range in yes, prepare to be towed in. Astrotrain orbital forces command of me has put please inventory send of survivors yes."

He tapped the tractor beam controls.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Sunstorm veered away as Warworld opened fire, "What the devil?" Sunstorm noticed Trypticon firing at the apparently unfriendly Warworld, "Trypticon Crew, this is Sunstorm, I hope thou art equipped with de-con equipment."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Warworld

The ship lurched again, and Afterburner cast a wrathful glance at the ship's gunner. "You fool! Bring that citycon down! I didn't go to all the trouble of stealing this ship just so your stupidity could get it destroyed!"

The gunner stayed silent, and the Warworld's cannons continued to hum with power.

Escape Pod #2

Soundwave didn't bother responding to Tracer's veiled threats, knowing full well that Astrotrain's wishes would have little bearing on who Gigatron chose to replace him, should Gigatron execute the Triplechanger for his gross incompetence. Instead, he opened a channel to Weirdwolf.

"Thank you for your assistance, captain," he said. "I am sending you the survivors' list that I gathered for the admiral."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

"docking for prepare am beam tractor now deploying."

Weirdwolf opened Soundwaves message.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Taking Rumble and Frenzy off VT's hands.

Rumble glanced up at Tracer, not wanting to make either eye contact nor conversation. "Welp, little brother's out and I feel the tractor beam grabbing us, anything you, ah, need me to say or anything?"

The cassetticon hoped his small gesture would be enough of a pittance to spare him and his lil' bro, even though both were cast at the same time...

Rumble just stayed out of so much more trouble.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Space:

Trypticon: -pulling power from any weapons that couldn't target the Warworld, using that power to reinforce his shields as he keeps returning fire, activates commlink- "Sorry, Sunstorm, right now it's just me. I've got to stop the Warworld from attacking us."

tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Sunstorm frowned, "Okay then, anything I can do, Trypticon?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Warworld

Afterburner glared at a monitor, as if the hostility smoldering in his optic band would have some effect on the hated, archaic citycon that just refused to die. He glanced over at the counter on the helm console, then back at the gunner who was intently concentrating on the task of destroying Trypticon.

The sound of the Warworld's guns firing away echoed throughout the vast warship.

Escape Pod #2

Soundwave waited silently as the Tyrant tractored his pod, dragged it into the ship's hangar, and settled it down onto the deck. He disembarked and headed for the bridge.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf studied the bridge monitors watching the docking bay and Soundwaves progress.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Tracer didn't seem to be too concerned with the cassetticons anymore, not immediately responding to Rumble, but he seemed to be distracted, as though in his own considerations. After a short while he finally turned his attention to Rumble.

"It would seem your larger companion has little concern for either of you," Tracer spoke. "In the least he should have basic respect, but he doesn't even seem to have that. It lends even more reason for my distaste for his presence..."

Tracer looked up briefly as the escape pod rumbled slightly, indicating that they had been docked, and the pod's door openned soon after to let them out.

"Well then, we'd best move along," He called to Rumble, starting for the door but then pausing just before he went out. "You need any assistance with him?" He asked, seeming to be reffering to Frenzy.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Trypticon: -ignoring the alert klaxons from his overtaxed powerplant, diverting power from the less damaging weapons systems into shoring up the shields, main gun roaring again at the Warworld- "Do what damage you can, Sunstorm, then find any friendly ship. I'm going to be launching escape pods shortly. I've got wounded aboard, as well as an ambassador. Get them to safety after I launch them."

redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Tracer's remark caught Rumble off guard. Didn't he threaten Soundwave with ejecting us into space a while ago?

"uh, thanks and all, but I think I can, I mean, if you wanted to go ahead and help me with him, sure."

Rumble sure hoped Frenzy would believe him when he told this story whenever he woke up.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Warworld

Trying to ignore Afterburner shuffling around in the background, spewing ever more arcane foreign curses as the battle went on, the colonel watched the Warworld's weapons lash out at Trypticon yet again. The citycon's return fire slammed into the vast battlemoon's shields, dropping them down close to the 50% mark.

Bridge, Tyrant

Soundwave strode confidently into the room, pointedly ignoring the obvious signs of the battle that had just finished raging here. After nodding in greeting to Weirdwolf, he crossed his arms, turned to the main viewport and watched the battle.

He considered trying to read the Headmaster's thoughts, but decided against it. Weirdwolf's disordered mind always gave him a headache.