[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Falls (Cybertron orbit)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Turbolift, Warworld

Astrotrain frowned slightly as the lift car slowed to a halt, irritated that his investigation was being delayed, albeit minorly. The expression faded, though, when he saw Ravage was the one entering the car...and that the same suspicion glittered in the spy's optics that he was sure were in his. He greeted the other Decepticon with a curt nod.

"We will," he assured Tracer as the lift resumed its downward journey. The admiral hefted his ion rifle pointedly. "We will."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Tyrant

Punch continued his attack, and fired a pair of shots towards 18-13 .

---

Space

The Jurisprudence's rear hulk was finally catched by Cybertron's gravity well, and started her descent in the middle of a huge cloud of fire, clearly visible from this side of the planet's surface - and for all the combatants-.

At the same moment, the forward part of the Jurisprudence's severed hulk - where the Insecticons were hiding- continued his slowly but straight path towards the Warwolrd...

( ooc: the countdown for the collision starts now...;) )
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Turbolift, Warworld:

Ravage: -pads in, turns around, sits down next to Astrotrain- "Any idea who our vermin are?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Turbolift, Warworld

"Oh, I have a few ideas," Astrotrain told Ravage darkly. "But we'll just have to wait and see."

The turbolift quickly came to a stop on the engineering level, and the admiral led his officers out into the corridor.

"Ravage, flank me. Tracer, fall into rear-guard position."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Fort Max: Hangar Bay

Before Skyfire had made it far, the sirens began to wail. His fuel pump sank - he really wanted to get some fuel in him before taking off again. Today just wasn't his day.

"Mirage, Blaster!" he shouted ahead. "We must get airborne!"

Skyfire turned and transformed again, lowering his ramp and warming his engines.

Mirage sighed and dashed back to the flyer. "C'mon, Blaster! No time to waste!"

Tyrant: Bridge

Though Reflector were happy their Decepticon brethren were so ready to save them, Jhuram's last shots were opportune, finally cracking the metal shielding of the computer console where they'd taken cover. A shot lanced through, taking Viewfinder in the back and blasting a hole through his side. All three screamed in synchronized agony but were unable to move, already collapsed to the floor.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Steelhaven:
Fizzle saw the destruction that Fort max had taken.
He ran back to his seat, content that the situation may be resolved with some distracting action.
"Backstreet, get us over there now! Runabout, keep anything not Transformer off our backs."
Fizzle then hurried punched in the emergency frequency on his space ether communicator and called out:
"Fortress Maximus, do you copy? We are coming to assist in your escape, please head to us if you can't make it to the Warworld under your own power."

Warworld, Engineering
Rumble couldn't believe his luck, as once Afterburner had his attention elsewhere, he desperately turned his communicator on: anyone who was trying to find him could hear him now.
Of course, they start talking, this guy will here them, and I'm back where i started...

Frenzy didn't know what to say.
"Uh, shot myself. Real stupid thing to do. Gonna get out of here and get fixed up."
The little purple cassete didn't know how good the
Cybertronians hearing was, even after his attack: he though it would be the height of subtlety to put his finger to his lips and nod theatrically to where he'd come from to Roadgrabe in an attempt to keep him quiet...

Tyrant
Jhuram, on a high from his lucky attack, continued running at Reflectors position and tried to vault the remains of their cover-
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Engineering, Warworld:

Ravage: -flanking Astrotrain, activating his cloaking device, leaving a vague shimmer behind- "I wonder how well the new fangs will deal with our prey....."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Weirdwolf continued in his attack leaping at Jhuram's back claws flashing jaws snapping. He snicked open his missile launchers an carefully launched 2 missiles at the Quintesson.
Aero Blade

Engineering, Warworld

Post by Aero Blade »

Tracer probably would have preferred the front as to have a first shot at whoever was causing the trouble, but he understood the need for troop placements, and he made no protest to Astrotrain as he fell in line to his possition.

"Just make sure not to take all of them for yourself," Tracer answered to Ravage. "I still haven't gotten enough exercise yet today..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fort Max

Running down the hall as fast as his legs could carry him, Cerebros spared a glance down at his chronometer as he replied to Fizzle. "Belay that!" he shouted. "Stay back! We've lost main power, we're locked on a collision course with an enemy warship, and the last reports I got from engineering show our reactors heading for critical!"

The city commander ducked through a hatchway, dove feet-first down a short tube, and landed in Crosshairs' arms in the bridge escape pod. Hubcap, he noted, was already powering up the launch systems. Cog had managed to make it here as well, and Cerebros was momentarily disturbed by the fact that he hadn't known that already; his connection to the ship had become even weaker than he had thought.

It's dying already, he realized sadly as the much-larger Autobot lowered him to the ground.

"Be safe, Fizzle. I'll see you down on Cybertron. Cerebros out."

As he cut the transmission, the heavy crack of the escape pod separating from the Maximus reverberated throughout the small interior.

Quintesson spiral ship Lex Causae

"Captain?"

Antares didn't move.

"Captain? It's time to go."

The Inquisitor was aware of Hypotheon pulling on his tentacles, but he didn't so much as budge.

"Captain! We need to get to the escape pods! We're going to collide with the Autobot ship any minute now!"

"No." Antares' word was so soft that even he wasn't sure he'd actually said it.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean no. When I took command I swore to defend the Lex Causae with my life. I always keep my word, Lieutenant." He signed. "A captain always goes down with his ship. But not his crew. Now get out of here!"

Hypotheon was started by his commander's tone of voice, but he saluted firmly before turning and carrying out Antares' last order.

Engineering, Warworld

Roadgrabber's optics narrowed in suspicion at Frenzy's theatrics, but didn't get a chance to do anything else before a barrage of energy bolts from the still-open darkened room threw him into the wall.

Astrotrain rounded the corner just in time to see Roadgrabber's laser-riddled body slump down to the floor. Between that and the obviously-wounded Frenzy standing not far away, the admiral's already thinning patience was officially gone.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Afterburner frowned as the sound of more gunfire echoed down the corridor. Activating his comlink, he growled, "Colonel, what in the name of the Hub do you believe you are doing? I specifically instructed you not to open fire again!"

As he spoke, he was unaware that his words were being transmitted via Rumble's comlink to the rest of the nearby Decepticons.

Oh, just what the situation needed. Slagging Imperials!

Astrotrain carefully muted his comlink transmitter, shouldered his ion rifle and sidled up against the wall.

"Frenzy, take cover!"
verytired

Post by verytired »

Tyrant:
Bites focus on Punch cost him dearly: Weirdwolfs missiles caught him in the side and tore him in half with the explosive force! His legs continued to stand where their had been, whilst all above his stomach was sent flying across the ships bridge at his original target, Punch. He died with the sight of the Double agent coming at him at high speed...

With the last of his Marines dead, and Jhuram making a fool hardy attack, OCL 18-13 knew that the mission was lost. His armour smoking and wrent in dozen places, he turned his gun barrel to the main window behind the Transformers and prepared to fire...

Steelhaven
Fizzle clenched his fist.
"Understood.. Cerebros. see you on Cybertron."
With the last of the capital ships a blazing wreck in space, Fizzle put a call through to the Warworld.
"Warworld Bridge, this is Fizzle on the Steelhaven: can you hanle the rest of the fleet unaided, we wish to make planetfall on Cybetron, Over."

Warworld, Engineering...
Frenzy started to say "Thank the spires ya hear!," but got as far as "Than-" when an energy bolt from the Imperials slammed into his back and sent him hurtling to the ground.

Rumble grinned as best he could, whilst sidling a little ways toward where the gunfire was coming from. He addressed Afterburner:
"Don' sound like they're after that recruitment plan you were talking about , down there does it?'
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Steelhaven

Backstreet, with an ominous grimace on his face, aproached the Steelhaven in a paralel course with the Maximus.

Warned by Cerebros's last call, the triggerbot quickly moved away the Steelhaven, not willing to risk the venerable Autobot cruiser if the Maximus' reactor collapsed and exploded.

" Fizzle " said Backstreet softly, " I can follow the pods towards the surface. If we open the port hangar bay, perhaps we even can catch some of the pods with our tractor beam. "
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Warworld, Engineering:

Ravage: -fires off a double photon blast at the source of the shot that hit Frenzy, moving as soon as he's fired, his stealth field hopefully making it hard to track him- "Don't do that. He might be an idiot, but he's our idiot."

Aero Blade

Engineering, Warworld

Post by Aero Blade »

Tracer had been eager for a fight, but the overall conditions of things had left him confused. Instead of immediately attacking he followed suit with Astrotrain, taking up a possition along the opposite wall, readying his own weapon.

"Any ideas what in the pit is going on?" Tracer asked aloud with an agitated tone.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Blaster shook his head and spun on his heel, radioing the cassettes to turn back aswell.

"I just wanted to do something useful. I've spent more time running for my life than blasting squid." Blaster quickly ran back into the shuttle bay and towards Skyfire, pushing the cassettes up first.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Engineering, Warworld

"Unfortunately, yes," Astrotrain replied to Tracer. He didn't feel any need to expand on that for the moment, though; a question-and-answer session would only make the situation that much more complicated. Instead he told the other Decepticon, "Collect Frenzy, then pin these enemies in their room. If you don't hear from me in ten minutes, consider yourself in command and do whatever you think best."

With that, the Triplechanger transformed to bullet train mode and shot off down the corridor, his afterburners igniting in a burst of flame.

Afterburner ignored Rumble's meaningless prattle as he focused on the sounds of combat coming from down the hallway.

This sort of chaotic behaviour is unacceptable! My brilliant plan will lie in ruins if I don't take suitable remedial action immediately!

Activating his comlink, he growled, "Unit Two, are you in position?"

"We are."

"Then by all means, major, launch your assault."

Bridge, Warworld

"Permission granted," Soundwave replied to Fizzle. "As it happens, you may find it safer planetside than near the Warworld in a few moments." The communications officer didn't expand on that, leaving it to the Autobot to sort out the implications of his statement.

Although he was the only officer remaining on the bridge, Soundwave hadn't bothered to take the captain's chair when Astrotrain vacated it. Rather, he had taken the more efficient approach of simply transforming to cassette deck mode and directly interfacing himself with the communications hardware. He found that such a configuration allowed him much more accurate control of the ship's systems than the bridge's drone crew could be expected to provide.

What he hadn't expected was that it would save his life.

Only seconds after Soundwave had closed the channel with the Steelhaven, the main entry to the bridge blew open. Before the smoke of the explosion had cleared, pinpoint laser fire had cut down the entire team of drones still crewing the bridge. Only Soundwave, in his easily-concealed alternate mode, was spared.

From his perch on the edge of one of the comms boards, the communications officer patched into the bridge's security cameras to get a view of the attackers. The green and grey stormtroopers that he saw sparked an emotion in him not too different from the fear he often saw in lesser Transformers.

This situation is less than ideal.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Steelhaven
Fizzle nursed his chin in thought (it still ached from Runabouts punch not long ago):
"Backstreet, I'm not sure the three of us and the Decepticon drones are enough to hold any number of prisoners at the moment."
As he recalibrated the ships systems, his eyes lighted up.
"Instead, we'll put out enough force to negate their thrust and Cybertrons gravitational pull above principal: we'll give our planet a few extra satelites from which the Quintessons can wait for a while. Runabout, mae it so!"

The Decepticon Battlecharger grumbled as he set about the Autobot weapons systems, wondering if he could get away with accidentally get away with crushing a few pods with the beam as he 'got to grips with it...'

Tyrant
(OOC Just the teensiest bit of powergaming here, sorry comrades)
OCL 18-13 fired his almighty cannon at the main view port of the Tyrants bridge: weakened from extraneous shots and not designed to hold in this much pressure, the glass shattered, and the bridge depressurised instantly.
OCL 18-13 used this minimal window to transform into his spacefighter mode and roar through the hole, moments before the bulk head blast shielding came crashing down behind him...

Jhuram, who along with all the rest of the warriors onboard, had been tossed around by the brief rush of air into cold space, was stunned by more than that: He was sure that as the Overcharge unit had passed him overhead, one untransformed limb had been left out of the Spacefighter form, and had flipped him an obscene hand gesture.

Warworld Engineering
"Yeah, c-c-collect Frenzym wouldja?" The Cassette stammered as he lay on the floor: That blast must've been good, I can barely move!
Frenzy was left to flail as he awaited a saviour...

Rumble watched as Afterburner started acting out the climactic scene from the few 007 movies he had watched whilst being in Soundwaves chest word word silently. He had drawn his pistols again, but wasn't making any aggressive moves: the technician was scary tough, and he had to get the hell outta here rather than attack him again.
He edged slowly toward the direction of the battle, his servos screaming for the oppurtunity to burst into a run...
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Engineering, Warworld

As Astrotrain headed off down the corridor, Tracer sighed to himself, considering the latest predicament, not seeming to be paying attention to Frenzy at the moment.

"And now it's baby sitting the minuatures. THis is quite a resume of less-than-stimulating tasks I've been amassing since my promotion," Tracer mused to himself in a bored tone.

Tracer finally moved over to Frenzy, picking up the cassetticon like a discarded doll. Why anyone would bother attacking these guys was a wonder... "Alright shorty, let's get out of here," He answered off-hand, heading off with his cargo.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Engineering, Warworld

Afterburner turned his head as he sawRumble edging away from the corner of his optic, but his attention was drawn elsewhere before he had a chance to murder the smaller Decepticon.

Roaring into the engineering control station, transforming to robot mode and drawing his ion rifle, was Astrotrain.

"Good day to you, admiral. What can I do for you?"

"You can die a traitor's death, for one!" Astrotrain fired a flurry of ion bolts in the engineer's general direction.

"Sorry, that doesn't fit with my agenda today. Perhaps we could reschedule?" Afterburner ducked behind a console and returned fire with his radar cannon.

Escape Pod

(OOC: Moving things along... For convenience's sake, lets just assume that Skyfire and his crew have launched, OK?)

Cerebros stared out the viewport with a distraught expression on his face, watching as his abandoned ship closed with an equally-damaged Quintesson spiral ship.

"Come on, boss," Hubcap said softly, sidling up to the senior Autobot. "You don't need to watch that."

"Watch it?" Cerebros snorted softly. "It doesn't matter if I see it. I'm going to feel it."

Hubcap couldn't think of anything to say to that, so he just stood quietly beside his commander and watched as the bow of the Lex Causae clammed into the base of the Maximus' command tower. The tower snapped off, spiralling down into Cybertron's gravity well. Meanwhile, the Quintesson ship continued to drive onward, her forward sections collapsing even as they tore into the Maximus' main hull. The ships' orbit began to decay, and Hubcap worried that they might slam into the planet's surface in tandem.

Thankfully, that was not to be. The damage caused by the impact was enough to collapse the last of the shielding around the Maximus' reactors. A mushroom cloud sprouted out of the ship's lower hull, quickly curling up to engulf both ships entirely. The detonation was so bright that Hubcap had to look away, but Cerebros continued to stare forward stoically.

Once the explosion had faded, only small fragments of debris remained out of what had once been two proud warships.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Weirdwolf claws had gouged lines in the deck as he fought being sucked out into space.

He was quick to recover. He loped over to Jhuram and crouched over him.

"Punch Reflector on check yes might in CR chambers put have to yes."