[Original RPG] End of the Line: Moon Pact- Faction Truce cont'd

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Command Deck, Fort Max

As Hubcap strode onto the bridge, Chase shot him a suspicious glance.

"And just where have you been?"

"Cargo transfer," the Minibot said, his expression inscrutable. "You know how it is, Searchlight."

"Nnnn." Chase shook his head. "I'm-"

"Chase," Hubcap finished. "Yeah, I know. I'm just bugging you." Sliding into place behind the communications console, he smiled mischievously. "You know, I could give you a good deal on a set of name tags for the whole team..."

Chase gave him a cockeyed glance, his voice jovial. "You do realize people mistake you for Bumblebee, Cliffjumper or Bumper more often than they mistake me for another Throttlebot, right?"

Hubcap's grin widened. "Where do you think the name tags came from?"
DBF
Protoform

Cell # 101 Warworld

Post by DBF »

Nautilus smiled at Iguanuses question.
"Acting Suspiscious and Annoying Tracer: they appear to be capital offences now."
Nautilus stood, and stepped slowly to bars to face Iguanus closer.
"Are you here to let me out big guy, or are you just here?"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Countdown

Hatemonger walked around and got onto his com-link.

"All members of the Countdown Strike Force assemble at the main conferance center in Countdown within the next ten Earth minutes." He said already arriving in the center he got onto the stage and began to look at information about Vector Sigma as he waited for the group to arrive.

Cryotek nodded as Gigatron explained his plans.

Metroplex

"What a bunch of tools." Rampage said looking at the other warrior assigned for the heavy fighting on Cybertron.

"Could you all stop trying to pick a fight with our allies." Razorclaw said not exactly sounding like he cared as he stood up a in rafter looking down.

"Aww." Rampage said as he sat back down.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Warworld: Prison Block

Iguanus listened to Nautilus' short tale with detached interest while puffing on his cigarette. He pondered for a moment how dull things were that this had become fun...

"Neither exxxactly," he hissed and stamped out his cigarette under his foot. His hand moved to operate the cell control panel near him while the other pulled his blaster. "Prissoner transsfer. Gigatron doessn't like Autobotsss on hiss ship while he'sss away."

The energy feeding the bars deactivated, and the metal cylinders slid into the floor. A panel opened in the wall, ejecting a robotic arm that attached transform-damping shackles to Nautilus' wrists and ankles. In the hall of cells, Iguanus waved Nautilus toward the turbolift at the end of the row with his blaster, never letting its aim stray far from the Autobot.

Tyrant: Bridge

Viewfinder took a moment to recall his logs in observing the ship class of Weirdwolf's interest during the Second Golden Age, while the other Decepticons were stationed on Charr. Galvatron had had a particular interest in keeping his tabs on his then-allies...

"They're fast, built as a first-strike destroyer to get in and cause some havoc while the slower ships move in. They also draw a lot of fire that way, so they have thick armor, but only in spots. The seam on this vane - " Viewfinder pointed at the image, " - is lightly armored, and it connects to the intakes that work the ventilation system. Hit it there, and it'll cut off the airflow to the main bridge. The crew will need to relocate to the secondary bridge - here - which is easy to destroy with a cluster rocket. Saw it happen once by accident in combat with the Guu'hokaxems."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Omega Supreme's bay:

Hot Rod: -narrows optics- "That's part of the problem, Dai Atlas. The bigger ships are going to have to draw fire for, and provide fire support for, the smaller ones. If Dirge gets here, I can have him act as another wingman to cover Cosmos' recon run, while the rest of us batter our way through. We need to make sure the Quints see us as the main threat, not a few small fightercraft. You and Omega have the shielding and the armor to take a few hits. They don't."

Countdown:

Fixit: -stretched out and relaxed-

Nightbeat, Minerva, Siren, Hosehead, and Chromedome: -feeling like they're flying supersaver economy class, only less comfortable-

Fangry: -in creature mode, lying on his back, snoring, drooling, tounge hanging out, arms and legs in the air, right leg twitching occasionally-

Nightbeat: "Doesn't look like the announcement woke him up."

Siren: -sarcastically- "Isn't that too bad."

Nightbeat: -shrugs- "Any idea where the briefing room is, Fixit?"

Fixit: -gets up, stretching- "Yeah. Come on." -starts out, stops, turns- "What about Fangry?"

Fangry: "I'm awake, you idiots." -stretches, stands, yawning-

Metroplex:

Breastforce: -checking their ammo levels and hand-to-hand weapons-

Grimlock: -over the ship's comm- "Okay. Plan simple. We land, smash Quints. Any questions?"

Sky Lynx:

Stepper: "So what'll we be doing during all of this?"
Brave Maximus

Omega Supreme Bay

Post by Brave Maximus »

Had Dai Atlas a tongue he would have bit it hard. He was known for patients with his subordinates. But it was obvious that Hot Rod had no respect for him, and worse, the roles were reversed. Still, the chain of command had to be obsereved and preserved - for as long as it didn't prove hazardous to the team.

Gathering himself mentally, Dai tried to keep his tone even and moderate:

"We need reliable intel on the area to which we intend to insert. That point is key to our survival. Cosmos is one of the best Intel operatives we have - but he cannot survive more than a glancing blow from the heavy weapons the Quintessons have in orbit, let alone the massive anti-aircraft fire they are sure to have on the ground.

"More than that, the main ground troops need drop support and it is up to the heavily armoured troops to make holes to allow the drops to happen. Then.... Commander.... I have a suggestion."

Dai Atlas extended his hand and activated a small blue hologram of Cyberton:

"That Cosmos and Dogfight board me as I launch. I can use my main cannon to make myself a hole, as well as draw some quintesson attention. If the quints ignore me for the rest of you, all the better, at the moment. And if they turn to follow me, well, they just gave the big guns their backs. Once I'm into a lower orbit. Cosmos and Dogfight bail out. They'll still have to deal with smaller fighters and ground fire - but at least they'll be through the heavy stuff - and get the intel that we need. When we break through - we'll meet up with them and continue from there.

"Besides that, once they disembark, I can turn my attention back to the Orbital Quinesson Forces - and we can hit them from both sides."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Razorclaws ears perked up as Grimlock gave his simple orders.

"I like his style." He said as the rest of the group sat there.

"Grimlock, you want us in gestalt form or tear the slagging pieces of space junk apart in whatever way we see fit?" He asked the Dinobot leader.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Omega Supreme bay:

Hot Rod: -crosses his arms, scowling up at Dai Atlas- "It's a good plan, I'll grant you that." -snorts- "You want me to come right out and say it? Fine. I will. How the slag can I trust you? You abandoned us all on Nebulos, and when you took off, it wasn't nearly as hot there as what we're going into." -points his finger at Dai- "Any idea how many of us came back from that little party you left us, you abandoned us, at? I'll tell you. Three. Me, Tracks, and Bluestreak. Everybody else vanished, and we don't know why. The only reason we got out of there is the 'Cons got distracted by the other little thing we brought home, and we were able to capture their ship." -recrosses arms- "And now you show up again, and we're all supposed to be happy and forgiving?" -spreads arms- "Not only that, but now I, and everybody else here in this strikeforce has to count on you for aerial support? So answer me. How can I trust you?"

Metroplex:

Grimlock: -over commlink- "Probably better to use Predaking. We taking on Combiner Elimination Squad, if intel corrrect."
Brave Maximus

Omega Supreme Bay

Post by Brave Maximus »

If Dai Atlas had of followed his his instincts, he would have grabbed the Autobot Cavileer by the chest plate and put him against the wall, at eye level, and then continued the conversation from there. But, confusion stayed his hand.

The Powered Master's mouth opened, closed and opened again. In those few seconds, the anger he felt, left him.

"I.... I have n.... no idea what you're talking about Hot Rod. I've never heard of a planet called Nebulos. The last thing I remember was an attack on Autobase, fighting Monstructor and then waking up in Metroplex's Medbay in a blasted CR chamber. I assumed the damage caused to my internal ciruitry by Monstructor's nega-field and that it took longer than expected."

Looking at the enraged young Autobot, Dai Atlas was genuinly concerned:

"What are you talking about Hot Rod?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Omega Supreme bay:

Hot Rod: -having expected denial, violent reprisal, or a combination of both, stares incredulously at Dai Atlas- "What am I talking about? What am I talking about?!? Chromia? Pincher? Sureshot? These names ringing any bells? The call from Nebulos about the temple they found with ancient Cybertronian writing on it?"
Brave Maximus

Omega Supreme Bay

Post by Brave Maximus »

"I....." Dai Atlas' optics actually darkened a few shades at the strain in which he was pushing his systems to try and bring up memories, any memories of what Hot Rod was talking about - and it was coming back with nothing.

"I really don't know what you're talking about Hot Rod. I cannot imagine any situation where I would have left troops - ever. But I don't know of any mission to Nebulos, and I've never worked with any of those you're talking about!

"but...." the Powered Master Sighed heavily and his shoulders settled low "... your eyes and tone more than accuse me of their dissappearence or worse. I cannot defend against the accusations - and if what you say is true - then perhaps....."
oscar
Protoform

Post by oscar »

Sky Lynx

Cliffjumper walked up to Ultra Magnus and said''Cliffjumper reporting for duty sir" after that he Shouldered his rifle and said ''were do you want me''
Aero Blade

Bridge, Warworld

Post by Aero Blade »

"I thought they already did a traitor raid," Tracer responded to Astrotrain's meantion of Blitzwing. "Never pegged him for much of a traitor until now. Heard they didn't find Dirge in that raid though, probably hiding out someplace. I say the Autobots can have 'em."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Sky Lynx

Ultra Magnus was going to reply at Stepper's question when Cliffjumper arrived and reported for duty.

" Welcome aboard, soldier " said Ultra Magnus, nodding towards Cliffjumper. " You can join my group, the Main Assault force. You will be fighting alongside Stepper, Hardhead, Inferno, Quickmix, Megaplex and other mechs. Our mission will be storming through Cristal City's main gates and take the Quintesson's quarters, while the other task forces - the Aerial Support and the Heavy Support team- cover our advance. "
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Trypticon: Briefing Room

Ignoring the Deception cityformer, Catilla stretched in a cat-like fashion as he glanced at Shockwave, then shrugged and nodded on hearing the assignment with a quiet "Gladly"
oscar
Protoform

Post by oscar »

Sky Lynx

''Oh yeah I just remembered I came with Gears and Powerglide do you want them with us or with a different group?"said cliffjumper as he pointed at them while walked in.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Metroplex

After hearing Grimlock's brief orders, Deadend mummered about how the mission was doomed. On the other hand, the other Stunticons were okay with that order.
--------------------
Omega Surpreme, Bay

After reviewing what data he had of Kalis, Carnivac descided that he might as well stop keeping out of the way and get his mission orders. The Decepticon pretender got up and headed towards Omega's bay.

When Carnivac walked into the bay, he couldn't help but overhear Hotrod's and Dai's conversation. It didn't escape the pretender's notice that even he seemed to know more about the Nebulos mission then the big Autobot did and Carnivac had spent most of the mission 'hunting' (and hanging out in the woods after being mostly ignored by another big Autobot).

Then again, for all he knew the big Autobot could be a good actor and was lieing his aft off. Even if that would be a miss-clock idea.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Warworld

Astrotrain shrugged slightly, although his new shoulder armour made the gesture more grand than it needed to be.

"Allowing traitors to live only encourages more betrayals," he said a bit more hotly than he'd meant to. The mention of Dirge brought up almost as many unpleasant feelings as Blitzwing did; he hadn't been as close to the conehead, but Dirge's betrayal had been twofold. "We'll have to-"

He broke off as the control board built into the arm of his chair started to beep. "Hmmm. Ah." He looked back up at Tracer. "It seems our estimated ETA was off somewhat."

The Triplechanger pressed the intercom button, opening a shipwide channel that would also be piped into the smaller vessels sitting in the Warworld's hangar bays.

"Attention all hands. This is the Admiral speaking. We will be dropping out of hyperspace in five minutes. Transport and starship launches will begin immediately thereafter." He paused for a moment before adding, "Our homeworld awaits. Good luck...to all of you. Astrotrain out."

Command Deck, Fort Max

Crosshairs frowned slightly as he listened to the announcement, but made sure the fear he felt inside didn't show in his expression. They'd slapped a major's rank insignia on him after he returned from the Steelhaven mission, and he knew it would undermine morale if the rest of the bridge crew realized that the de facto first officer was scared. He'd just have to soldier on and make sure that the rest of the team got home in one piece.

Hubcap didn't have time to be afraid; he was too busy counting the profits he'd make once the Quintessons had been run off Cybertron. And even if he'd had the time, he wouldn't have been scared. After all, he was aboard the Maximus, the most powerful mobile battle station the Autobots had ever built. What was there to be afraid of?

Chase knew the risks, but he wasn't one to dwell on reasons not to do something. The Throttlebot was eager for the battle to start, even though odds were he wouldn't have much of a hand in it. Smiling, he glanced over his shoulder at the rest of the crew. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends?"

Crosshairs smiled back weakly, but a small voice in the back of his mind couldn't help but finish the quote.

Once more; or close the wall up with our Autobot dead?

Shaking his head, the Targetmaster told himself, That's it. No more human literature before battles.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Omega Supreme bay:

Hot Rod: -opens his mouth to reply as Astrotrain's announcement comes over the speakers, scowls- "All right. You're either a good actor or you really don't know, and right now, I don't have the time to find out. Cosmos, Dogfight, and Dirge if he ever gets here will board Dai Atlas, who will then batter his way through and let them do atmospheric area recon. Omega and the rest of us won't be far behind you, so make the time count." -points at Dai- "And I'm putting you on warning right now. You take off during this, I will personally hunt you down. No matter where you run, no matter where you hide, even if I have to come back from the dead to do it. Understand?"

Metroplex bridge:

Grimlock: -sitting in command chair(and finding it less comfortable than the one aboard the Maximus, but also realizing that Magnus is bulkier than he is), activates commlink- "Last boarding call for Tarn group."

Fort Max bridge:

Fortress: -head mode, linked into the control dais- "We're as ready as we'll ever be." -scowls slightly- "Though I'd feel far more confident if there was somebody down in engineering to keep an optic on the reactor who knew more about it. Cog's good, but he's no engineering wiz."

Trypticon briefing room:

Prime: -looking around the room- "Good. If there are no further questions, we'll prepare for launch. Everyone make sure you've fully charged and replenished your ammo."

Countdown briefing room:

Nightbeat, Minerva, Siren, Hosehead, Fixit, Chromedome, and Fangry: -make their way, with varying degrees of difficulty, to the briefing room-
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Trypticon; briefing room

Post by tahukanuva »

"But a precious few moments til we destroy the heathens," Sunstorm said as he turned towards Jetwave.

Deathsaurus pulled out his rifle to check the charge level, Dead, I must have forgotten to recharge it since Nebulos. "I've got to go to the armory Sunstorm, I'll try to get back with you before we deploy," he said as he walked away.